• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yes I know the forms and what dealers use to transfer vs dealer to individuals. But if they were to send the can to my dealer, they would have to use a form 3, not a form 4. I think their site is just set up to automatically go to form 4 which is what caused my confusion, since their site also says to buy the can then give your dealers info ffl ect. So I wad confused as to why I would pay for a for. 4 tax sta.p I it was just being tranferes to MY dealer , which would have to get the can on a form 3 not a form 4. MY dealer would then have to do a form 4 for me, and pay the tax stamp.
Forget the Form 3 - take it out of the conversation. Has nothing to do with you.

Whoever you purchase from has to fill out the Form 4 and collect the money for the NFA stamp. Operative words are 'whoever you purchase from' . Does not include whatever your FFL will charge you as a transfer fee (charge to hold the suppressor while you wait for the stamp). You'll pay that when you come in to pick it up.

(I could be wrong on this)>>>>>>If you use CA (for example) and just buy it from them to send to your FFL, they will send the can to them (2+ weeks), you fill out the 4473 for the Form 4 at the FFL who would collect the $200 and be responsible to send both in to the ATF. May not happen immediately. You've just spent most of month doing it this way.

If you use CA or any of the other major outlets you buy, you pay everything up front and they do the paperwork and filing (Usually done w/in 48 hours). Then they send the can to your FFL of choice, where you will eventually have to pay the transfer fee. (or sent to your home option).

I am using CA bc that's who I use, but there are many other options like them. Not saying you have to or should use CA because I say so.

Are you in Texas by chance?

Forget the Form 3 - take it out of the conversation. Has nothing to do with you.

Whoever you purchase from has to fill out the Form 4 and collect the money for the NFA stamp. Operative words are 'whoever you purchase from' . Does not include whatever your FFL will charge you as a transfer fee (charge to hold the suppressor while you wait for the stamp). You'll pay that when you come in to pick it up.

(I could be wrong on this)>>>>>>If you use CA (for example) and just buy it from them to send to your FFL, they will send the can to them (2+ weeks), you fill out the 4473 for the Form 4 at the FFL who would collect the $200 and be responsible to send both in to the ATF. May not happen immediately. You've just spent most of month doing it this way.

If you use CA or any of the other major outlets you buy, you pay everything up front and they do the paperwork and filing (Usually done w/in 48 hours). Then they send the can to your FFL of choice, where you will eventually have to pay the transfer fee. (or sent to your home option).

I am using CA bc that's who I use, but there are many other options like them. Not saying you have to or should use CA because I say so.

Are you in Texas by chance?

No I'm in AL.

I understand what you're saying but the idea was to get the can to my dealer while I wait for the stamp. That was where all this confusion on my part began. I just didn't understand how they would be putting it on a form 4 yet sending it to my dealer, which has to happen on a form 3, then it would have to go back on a form 4 to go to me. I thought they would sell it and send it to my dealer on a form 3, then my dealer would do the form 4 and tax stamp to get it to me. I don't think there's a way to have it on a form 4 with CA , then form 3 for them to send it to my dealer, then back on the same form 4. I think that would require another tax stamp to get it back on a form4 at my dealer, which is why they send it to my dealer first, then we do the form 4, unless they can be on both forms at one time but I didn't think that was possible.

Yeah I can just get my fingerprints from SS I think amd send that amd my trust doc to CA and let them do the form 4, that would just mean the can will wait there until the stamp is approved vs at my local dealer until thr stamp is approved.

Reactions: Cgonz1982
No I'm in AL.

I understand what you're saying but the idea was to get the can to my dealer while I wait for the stamp. That was where all this confusion on my part began. I just didn't understand how they would be putting it on a form 4 yet sending it to my dealer, which has to happen on a form 3, then it would have to go back on a form 4 to go to me. I thought they would sell it and send it to my dealer on a form 3, then my dealer would do the form 4 and tax stamp to get it to me. I don't think there's a way to have it on a form 4 with CA , then form 3 for them to send it to my dealer, then back on the same form 4. I think that would require another tax stamp to get it back on a form4 at my dealer, which is why they send it to my dealer first, then we do the form 4, unless they can be on both forms at one time but I didn't think that was possible.

Yeah I can just get my fingerprints from SS I think amd send that amd my trust doc to CA and let them do the form 4, that would just mean the can will wait there until the stamp is approved vs at my local dealer until thr stamp is approved.
Call CA for the straight skinny. (Yes, I’m that old!) Good luck
CA CS. 512-879-1068. M-F

No I'm in AL.

Does CA allow conjugal visit's? just curious they are like a 2.5hour drive for me.

Does CA allow conjugal visit's? just curious they are like a 2.5hour drive for me.
LOL. They do not have a range.

The reason I asked if you were in Texas is that on March 4th Capitol Armory is putting on "Quiet in the Capitol" outside of Kyle Texas (between New Braunfels and Austin. They put on a come-and-try-them-out with like 10-15 different suppressor makers. Its all free to shoot what you want. Rifle (hunting and AR), pistols (handgun and AR), shotguns, and last year year I think they ended with a machine gun shoot. I went last year and it can be alot of fun. Know its a ways but bring a couple of friends and make a day of it. Its only about 7-8 miles off of I-35.

You can purchase (order) them on site and get a 10-15% discount for the day. Its best to get an account set up on the CA site first though otherwise you are standing at a monitor trying to fill out screens. Me? I'd rather go shoot!

LOL. They do not have a range.

The reason I asked if you were in Texas is that on March 4th Capitol Armory is putting on "Quiet in the Capitol" outside of Kyle Texas (between New Braunfels and Austin. They put on a come-and-try-them-out with like 10-15 different suppressor makers. Its all free to shoot what you want. Rifle (hunting and AR), pistols (handgun and AR), shotguns, and last year year I think they ended with a machine gun shoot. I went last year and it can be alot of fun. Know its a ways but bring a couple of friends and make a day of it. Its only about 7-8 miles off of I-35.

You can purchase (order) them on site and get a 10-15% discount for the day. Its best to get an account set up on the CA site first though otherwise you are standing at a monitor trying to fill out screens. Me? I'd rather go shoot!

I purchased my first can from them in Oct, so I'm just waiting, if they did have a range, I would make the 2.5hr drive every weekend! I'm debating going to that event, but will have to see how that week looks. thanks for the info!

I purchased my first can from them in Oct, so I'm just waiting, if they did have a range, I would make the 2.5hr drive every weekend! I'm debating going to that event, but will have to see how that week looks. thanks for the info!
PM sent

If you choose you could have had the can sent to a local FFL that has a range. I just always had other things to shoot and my rule was always to forget about the can for 6+ months and then start to look for it to arrive. Kinda like a Christmas in July present for yourself! Got enough anxiety, don't need to add 10 months more.

Reactions: Cgonz1982
I put in the paperwork for a CGS Hyperion last week. At this point, I hope to have it as a Christmas present to myself ;)

So much for the "Under 90 days" approval BS.

Reactions: FuhQ
Just stopped by to see what people are seeing. Looks like they're working on May... I'm ending since August. Damn.

270ish days. So end of April, beginning of May
That doesn’t take into account that the average wait time increases weekly as well. My can from March took 252, which was about average in late November. Now, it’s ~270 3 months later. So, if current trends continue by May the average wait could be 300 or so days.

• Sad
Reactions: southernpew
I always hope on the long side. That way when it arrives ‘early’ I’m happily surprised. To hope on the short side just increases the anxiety (“where is it?!!).
Once it arrives I count the days for my NFA chart but only then. There is no rhyme or reason to the ATF time lines. I’ve had 2 at 5 months and one at almost a year. Go figure!

That doesn’t take into account that the average wait time increases weekly as well. My can from March took 252, which was about average in late November. Now, it’s ~270 3 months later. So, if current trends continue by May the average wait could be 300 or so days.

possibly. in december, mine came back at 257. over the holidays, they let it slip by about 20+ days. to where early january approvals were at about 280. Now, in the last month, its been very steady at 270 days. id like to see it go down, but just looking at recent trends, we arent getting into the 300 day territory yet. also, the number of eforms should have decreased after the initial high volume that happened from January-April 2022.

atleast that decrease is my speculation. The control numbers are averaging about 2500 per day, and thats not just Form 4, thats Form 3 and Form 1 also.

anyway, its all speculation, but i am at 245 for my closest one. thats June 2022

Reactions: Bluedog82
Question for you guys: last week I put in an eform 4 individual application at my local dealer. They don't use Silencer Shop, if it matters. I certified on the spot using my ATF username and PIN. I was looking over the pdf copy that the ATF emailed me and I noticed that where I am supposed to sign it says "Digitally Signed" and next to it in parenthesis is my name in all upper case letters. Is this correct? I read where some peoples applications were rejected because they didn't actually sign, instead it was a computer generated signature.

Patiently waiting.

7/17/2022 here. Sometime in April maybe. Integrated barrel for my 10-22 takedown….
When the taxes (overpaid! ) I’ll do the same for my MPX Gen 1 pistol. Then I’m done!

Reactions: 30calDeath
Curious what your number is?
Honestly I have no idea. I usually pay zero attention to the application until 6-7 months has gone by. (BTW - I purchase mine from Capitol Arms in Austin TX). I do the ATF confirmation thru CA so don't pay much attention to it. They've already got my $$ after all.
When I get close timewise I just call the ATF in WVa, give them my can serial #, to find out where it is. And I do that just to make them look it up and hopefully it triggers it to get completed early. Probably has the same odds of crossing my fingers and turning around 3 times!

Honestly I have no idea. I usually pay zero attention to the application until 6-7 months has gone by. (BTW - I purchase mine from Capitol Arms in Austin TX). I do the ATF confirmation thru CA so don't pay much attention to it. They've already got my $$ after all.
When I get close timewise I just call the ATF in WVa, give them my can serial #, to find out where it is. And I do that just to make them look it up and hopefully it triggers it to get completed early. Probably has the same odds of crossing my fingers and turning around 3 times!
I got ya thanks.. good luck

Reactions: Lazyfaire
That one I mentioned from 6/6 isn't approved yet. I figure its got another few weeks to go. I think they're at about may 25th right now.

That one I mentioned from 6/6 isn't approved yet. I figure its got another few weeks to go. I think they're at about may 25th right now.
Jessica and another examiner are into the first week of June for the past week, according the NFA sub on Reddit.. but yes, most are May 25-30 the past week.

Reactions: 1911hombre
My Nomad Ti was certified April 27 2022.
Subsequently I received the SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS email.
I called ATF this morning to find out the status, as I see later approval dates being posted here.
Was told it was approved Jan-17 2023.....but they had trouble w/ their email system,
so I never received the approval.
Glad I called!
Heading to the FFL this morning, to see if they can pull up the approval.

I called ATF this morning to find out the status, as I see later approval dates being posted here.
Was told it was approved Jan-17 2023.....but they had trouble w/ their email system,
Glad I called!
Your dealer should have also received the same email. I’d find out why the hell he didn’t call you for the last month+…

Your dealer should have also received the same email. I’d find out why the hell he didn’t call you for the last month+…
Yeah, that is fucked up, unless they also weren't notified.

My dealer actually called me on the day it was approved before I even got a chance to call them.

Reactions: FuhQ
Yeah, that is fucked up, unless they also weren't notified.

My dealer actually called me on the day it was approved before I even got a chance to call them.
Could have been, but at the same time, the email should have gone to SOMEBODY. And if they did get the email, and never called, or “just forgot”, I’d be finding me a new dealer.

Glad I called!
Had one back in the days of paper stamps. They told me the form/stamp was signed and mailed out to the FFL 3 months before! The FFL never received it. Became a huge mess took over a year to fix, but that is truly the only problem I have ever had over the past 10 years. Glad you got it straightened out

Last edited: