• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

Got a surprise today, stamp came in and I can pick up my new AAC Element. Sent check 6/6/09 stamp came in on 9/04/09, I was out of town and just got word today. Almost exactly 3 months, or 12 weeks plus a few days. Wasn't expecting it till next month.

sending my form in this week. Hope they have picked up the pace. Can't wait to get my shark suppressor.

Anyone know what the average time is for a transfer from the Mfg to the dealer is?

I have my Form 4 completed and at the dealers, but it doen't do me any good until the initial transfer goes through.

Should be about 2-4 weeks. Sometimes it can be as little as days to be approved. F3's get faxed in and they don't need to go through all the background checks required for a dealer to entity or individual. At least you are doing the right thing and waiting for the can to arrive before sending in the F4.

I spoke to the MFG on my can I just bought,he is providing the SN to my dealer so that we can start the paperwork prior to my dealer taking possession of the can.We are also doing it through a trust,does this save time over an individual purchase?

This is my first time dealing with the NFA,seems like a royal pain in the ass,I guess it will be worth it in the end.

I did it in a similar fashion except without the trust.
Since CLEO sign off is a hot topic in NC, I decided to go the safe route and not pursue a trust.

The MFG I was working with customized a mount to meet my needs and provided me the SN so that I could secure the CLEO signature prior to being out the cash.
Fortunately for me all went well and a made friends with the Sheriff.

Recieved an E-mail from the MFG that he will be processing my order tommorow and the dealer already has my completed Form 4 ready to send in as soon as he recieves my can.

Mailed in my Form 4 on 4/18/09
Check cashed 4/29/09
Went pending on 6/18/09
Still waiting on 9/8/09
*Approved* on........9/15/09
Received the can from dealer on 9/21/09. They mailed the stamp to my dealer on 9/16/09. That’s 5 months to the tee!

Yesterday, watching my Gunsmith thread the 5r was like watching your first son get circumcised...

I just checked on my first 2 suppressor transfers, paperwork and $$$ sent a looooong time agoe, went pending on 8-21, so hopefully have a Christmas present

Mailed in on 01 AUG
Check Cashed 11 AUG
Went Pending 31 AUG
Paperwork at dealer 28 September

The kicker is I just left for a five week trip on 22 September!!! I have it set up on a trust and hoped that my Wife would be able to pick it up, but no joy. Has to be the purchaser, not a Trustee....

Dealer said that six forms got sent in with mine and all of them came in today. Maybe things are speeding up?

Check cashed April 17th.....Just received my stamp and suppressor Sept 25th. So a good 5 month wait I had.

Form 1: 2 months and 2 days
Forum 4 Suppressors x2: 4 Months
Form 4 AOW: 3 months 20 days

I just got these back within the last month.

Suppressor via F4 Trust.

Sent: 15 Jun
Check cashed: 03 Jul
Pending: 03 Aug
Approved: 20 Sep

Called today and found it's at my dealer awaiting pickup. Not sure when it actually arrived.

About to do an experiment:

My dealer just recieved my can from the Mfg this week and will be submiting my CLEO signed Form 4 this week.
I have been holding on to a CLEO signed Form 1 for an SBR.
I will send the Form 1 in today so that they both hit the BATF this week.
I'm curious to see which one comes back first.

Any predictions?

Form 1
Mailed: 11/3/2009
Check Cashed: 11/20/2009
Pending:
Stamp Recieved:

Form 4
Mailed: 11/19/2009
Check Cashed: 11/24/2009
Pending:
Stamp Recieved:

NFA Item: TS Karma 5 and 7
Form 4
Transfer Type: Individual
Forms Sent: 8-25-09
Check Cashed:9-10-09
Pending:?
Approved:10-28-09
Stamps Received:11-2-09
Examiner:Lamberger/Henson

sent papers on oct. 2
recevied on oct 6
check cashed oct 9
nov 6 got call from dealer is ready for pick up thats 30 days.

now thas fast!

Man, just shut up!
eek.gif

I called the ATF again yesterday about mine that was sent in mid April and approved in July, but the paperwork never made it to the dealer. They said it 'shouldn't be too much longer', but it was in a stack of 300 other requests just like it.

I've never waited more than 12-13 weeks on one. I've also never called BATF to check on the status of NFA paperwork. I am paranoid that they put your paperwork at the bottom of the pile if you call.

Suppressed Ruger Mark II.

Sent July 27, 2009.

Approved November 5, 2009.

A tad over 3 months.

#1 SBR Sent in July 17th.. Went pending Aug24th.. Still nothing as of 11-13-09..
#2 SBR Sent in 9-4-09 went pending 10-21-09.. You know the rest! NOTHING?????
Called today and was told each person has over 1000 transfer sitting on there desk. I say BS!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">#1 SBR Sent in July 17th.. Went pending Aug24th.. Still nothing as of 11-13-09..
#2 SBR Sent in 9-4-09 went pending 10-21-09.. You know the rest! NOTHING?????
Called today and was told each person has over 1000 transfer sitting on there desk. I say BS!!!!!!!</div></div>

Get in line. Oh, you're already in line!
wink.gif

It used to take about a week after going 'pending' until your dealer got your stamp in the mail. Now I hear the FBI background checks are badly back-logged. A form 4 on a trust will still go through fast, but a transfer to an individual will be held up by the prints.

Just forget about your transfer, and some day you'll be psyched to learn that it's all over! And by the way, I agree it's total BS. All the NFA laws are. Just like virtually every other regulation under the sun.

Well i sent mine in aug 20, went pending sep 18 so maybe another month or two? I hope!!!! Damn it,i waited 6 months for AAC to get the thing to my dealer! I could have already had it by now if it wasnt for them taking so long.

Paperwork sent 6/1
Check cashed 6/3
Pending 7/10
Approved 11/5
Picking up from dealer 11/20
Almost 6 months door to door.

Well I got a bug up my ass because this is BS.. So I talked with the jack off that has my paper work. He is on batch 195, and my paper work is in batch 205. (I also have one in batch 255 OMG!) So he said about another 2 months. Now this went pending Aug21. WTF!!! So I said how many do you approve in a day? He said 10-50. I said 10-50? WOW you have that kind of a spread.. LAZY FUCKING GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE!!!!!! I would post his name but I would never get it then..

Reactions: Dawg66

So, how is everyone going about checking on their suppressors? I was part of AAC's Branded for life promotion, the dealer finally got the suppressor in a while back so once he had the serial number we sent in the paper work... I was wondering how long it would be so how do i go about checking to see if its pending? etc...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paperwork sent 6/1
Check cashed 6/3
Pending 7/10
Approved 11/5
Picking up from dealer 11/20
Almost 6 months door to door.</div></div>

That fast? My check was cashed the last week of June, and I'm still waiting.

Last can I bought about two years ago and the time from dropping my forms off in the mail until picking up the can was 37 days.

That was then, this is now. Same shit happened during the Clinton years. I don't think it's unintentional.

FBI has higher priorities now, like assigning agents to Tea Bag Protestors (not would-be murderers named mohammed).

Norm

Usually my transfers take a month when the check is cleared. I just submitted one for an AC556. Hopefully, it will take the same time.

Volume is up (a lot), number of examiners is about the same -> longer wait times. My last one took 8 weeks. From what I have seen lately, 6 month waits are really unusual. Maybe it is a certain examiner?

Not as fun as a good conspiracy theory, I know, but at least supported by available evidence.

I recently got the approval and the suppressors. One took 16 weeks, and the other 20 weeks. Two different reviewers as they were submitted through different dealers. From the Dallas area.

Can on a trust
Sent 10-15
Approved 12-10
In hand 1-8

Not too shabby I think...

last name started with an H for the life of me I can't think what it is and I'm not at home for a week

mine were sent in end of october pending november 20 and i just called they were approved december 28 now they just ahve to get here. wonder how much longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markspring1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 months for me. </div></div>

it took you 2 months to receive you paperwork once you were approved or 2 months to send in and get approved?

I have been waiting since Oct. 16th. I sent the check in and been waiting since. The time earlier that year. It only took 6 weeks for my cans. This time is taking awhile.