• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick question for you since you are on your second can. I applied for my first in Jan, did a trust, submitted everything it said received on silencer shops thing, and I got the received email through the atf. When I log into my Eforms though I'm not seeing my form anywhere on those drop-down menus for submitted, denied, in-process and so forth. Is that normal? I hit up a local gun smith he told me not to worry the atf drags ass when processing stuff. I'm just worried since I paid for the stamp, my suppressor and such already.
You will not see anything ever because it’s the gun store filing the form 4, not you. I don’t know if that fact is on any of the FAQs but it really should be.

Reactions: jpop8807
Quick question for you since you are on your second can. I applied for my first in Jan, did a trust, submitted everything it said received on silencer shops thing, and I got the received email through the atf. When I log into my Eforms though I'm not seeing my form anywhere on those drop-down menus for submitted, denied, in-process and so forth. Is that normal? I hit up a local gun smith he told me not to worry the atf drags ass when processing stuff. I'm just worried since I paid for the stamp, my suppressor and such already.
Bluedog is correct. This will not show up on your eForms site. You just have to wait patiently on the status email to come through.

You will not see anything ever because it’s the gun store filing the form 4, not you. I don’t know if that fact is on any of the FAQs but it really should be.
Ya it's definitely not, and I even reached out to the if you have any questions not covered on the FAQ's for the atf send an email here....that was 2 months ago.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Maybe we should put together our own FAQ here on Snipershide.
Sounds great, especially for us newbs. Maybe figure out who has the most knowledge have people dm the questions, then they could make up a FAQ so the questions aren't asked again including off the wall ones.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Most recent pick up (Mar 23) was nine months in Eastern VA. Have another one purchased in Aug 22 that’s still pending. Both were individual Form 4 efile.
My next one due for approval was 8/19/22 certification date, with a Single-Shot trust. If they're already at 8/1/22, then hopefully soon...

Individual form 4

Submitted: 7/7/2022
Approved: 4/2/2023
Approved today I see, congrats. On a Sunday as well, I wonder if these are Approved by the examiner then put in a system that automates the releases or are the AFT examiners working all sorts of hours throughout the night and into the weekend.

Reactions: Beefmanne
I certified 7/7......starting to develop a nervous twitch in my left eye from the anticipation.....

Longest damn 90 days I've ever seen

Reactions: BoatAlex
Just got my approval!

7/15/22 submitted
4/3/23 approved

Magnus SR in ODG

Colorado

263 days to approval

Individual

IMG_1073.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats, but I’m just going to take a wild guess and say you filed individual and not trust….
You would be correct, I’ll edit my post so the trust guys don’t get their hopes up lol

Wait: 281 Days

Pending: 2022-06-27

Approved: 2023-04-04 11:41

Entity: Trust 1

Dealer: SS (Silencer Shop Kiosk) Electronic EFT Upload

State: MN

Examiner: Rachel B.

Item: Surefire SOCOM 556 RC2 5.56 / .223 (Silencer)

Control Number: 2022598900

Reactions: Beefmanne
Looking at the Reddit data, the wait timeline is trending down pretty quickly as of this week, maybe last week a little, they approved a bunch in March. I sure hope that trend continues.

I mean right around June/July was when the media was covering the house voting on the assault weapon ban, which also included pistols with threaded barrels and many other variations, which may have made people scared to buy and either hold off to see if the ban went through, or if it was passed to law so maybe this will be a quick month

After doing some Reddit research
An 8/1 was approved with control#671952
An 7/2 was approved with control#609548
I estimate 72k NFA forms(rounded down) filed in July vs median average of 95,715 NFA(672k forms\7 months)to get forms per month average, leaving July 25% less then previous months so in theory July approvals should be much faster then previous months.

Looking at the Reddit data, the wait timeline is trending down pretty quickly as of this week, maybe last week a little, they approved a bunch in March. I sure hope that trend continu

I mean right around June/July was when the media was covering the house voting on the assault weapon ban, which also included pistols with threaded barrels and many other variations, which may have made people scared to buy and either hold off to see if the ban went through, or if it was passed to law so maybe this will be a quick month

After doing some Reddit research
An 8/1 was approved with control#671952
An 7/2 was approved with control#609548
I estimate 72k NFA forms(rounded down) filed in July vs median average of 95,715 NFA(672k forms\7 months)to get forms per month average, leaving July 25% less then previous months so in theory July approvals should be much faster then previous months.
You're thinking way too hard......approvals are all over the place. Pretty hard to see any pattern.

Reactions: JohnCarter17
You're thinking way too hard......approvals are all over the place. Pretty hard to see any pattern.
ohhh no of course there’s no pattern or way to know when your gonna be approved but was just saying there’s good hope for July applications as this month had 25% less applicants filing NFA forms in all categories so examiners should get through them relatively fast.

Reactions: 30calDeath
It’s interesting to me that the approval date range has opened up. 6 months ago it generally seems to be a range of 10-20 days getting approved at any particular time. Now, it’s opened up to about a 40 day window where we’re seeing approvals from late June through early August.

Reactions: 1911hombre
It’s interesting to me that the approval date range has opened up. 6 months ago it generally seems to be a range of 10-20 days getting approved at any particular time. Now, it’s opened up to about a 40 day window where we’re seeing approvals from late June through early August.

Capitol Armory is showing they still have outstanding applications from late May, even.

Take the date it was certified by the ATF, and add 7+ months on your calendar. Then you will get closer to the stamp date. Currently they are running about 9 months (270 days), so that'll put you into October. Get comfortable and don't get stressed. It will come when it comes. If you call the ATF (WV #) they will label it 'Processing', which means nothing has happened yet, and that could be at the 9-10 month stage! If you call them you will need to have the serial number of your suppressor handy as that is how they look them up in the system. There isn't really anything that makes them go faster.

Reactions: jpop8807
Some crazy news today. A friend of mine, like so many others, jumped into the suppressor game for the first time with the rollout of eforms. I wrote down his submission dates as he simply doesn’t keep track or watch as he is really busy, nor does he ever check, his view is when they get approved is when they get approved. His first can was approved in February after 276 days.

This morning he sees he has multiple emails from ATF and he thinks it is just an error that they sent the same email numerous times for a single approval. Remember you have to open the pdf from the approval email to see what actually was approved and he only opened the first pdf. Also, this was only his second approval so this is still new to him.

Then he got the call from the dealer soon after they opened this AM that he could “come down and pickup his suppressors,” and he said to the dealer, “More than one was approved?” He replied, “yes they were ALL approved, didn’t you get the emails?” He said, “Yes, I just saw numerous emails and thought they were redundant emails for the same suppressor.”

He received approvals today for NINE suppressors! The submission dates were: two on 8/24; one on 8/25; four on 11/2 and two on 11/23 so this is a true batch approval. Longest approval 224 days to the shortest of 133 days.

All were approved by the same examiner first approval time stamp was 6:14 AM to the ninth stamp approval email at 6:30 AM EST. That’s 1 minute 46 seconds average between each of the nine approval emails. No, he is not MIL with PCS orders, nor is his dealer closing or changing the business name. All his submissions were for a two person traditional trust from SS, not the single shot version.

He’s a good guy and I’m happy for him and he is stoked to go get them. 👍

Some crazy news today. A friend of mine, like so many others, jumped into the suppressor game for the first time with the rollout of eforms. I wrote down his submission dates as he simply doesn’t keep track or watch as he is really busy, nor does he ever check, his view is when they get approved is when they get approved. His first can was approved in February after 276 days.

This morning he sees he has multiple emails from ATF and he thinks it is just an error that they sent the same email numerous times for a single approval. Remember you have to open the pdf from the approval email to see what actually was approved and he only opened the first pdf. Also, this was only his second approval so this is still new to him.

Then he got the call from the dealer soon after they opened this AM that he could “come down and pickup his suppressors,” and he said to the dealer, “More than one was approved?” He replied, “yes they were ALL approved, didn’t you get the emails?” He said, “Yes, I just saw numerous emails and thought they were redundant emails for the same suppressor.”

He received approvals today for NINE suppressors! The submission dates were: two on 8/24; one on 8/25; four on 11/2 and two on 11/23 so this is a true batch approval. Longest approval 224 days to the shortest of 133 days.

All were approved by the same examiner first approval time stamp was 6:14 AM to the ninth stamp approval email at 6:30 AM EST. That’s 1 minute 46 seconds average between each of the nine approval emails. No, he is not MIL with PCS orders, nor is his dealer closing or changing the business name. All his submissions were for a two person traditional trust from SS, not the single shot version.

He’s a good guy and I’m happy for him and he is stoked to go get them. 👍
1680726767105.jpeg

Attachments

• 1680726752917.jpeg
    1680726752917.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: PropWash
I prepared him from the beginning that these would be approved in a staggered way. I just spoke to him yesterday and said the earlier group of cans would probably get approved sometime in May and the latter group would likely be in September and then for this to happen today was incredible.

I know people are always pondering how this happens or what were the unique factors to get a batch approval? I have heard that the examiners have to read the trusts, if that is the case with nine cans pending all under one trust, rather than nine single shot trusts could that have been a factor? Who knows…

if that is the case with nine cans pending all under one trust, rather than nine single shot trusts could that have been a factor? Who knows…
One thing I forgot to mention about my friend’s nine approvals today was the examiner for all of them is Trish Bartles.

I just looked at the NFA subreddit a few minutes ago and I see also today, that Trish Bartles again did a batch approval of 13 suppressors with the longest approval of 105 days down to 29 days.😳 The other commonality other than the same examiner is that both of these unique batch approvals were all under one trust. (see attached)

So maybe batch processing has better chances with high numbers of cans all under one traditional trust.

Attachments

• IMG_3343.png
    IMG_3343.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3344.png
    IMG_3344.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3345.png
    IMG_3345.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3346.png
    IMG_3346.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3347.png
    IMG_3347.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 44
Nice. That’s probably Patricia Bartles, I’ve traded emails with her in the past and she was quite helpful.

I’ve got a form1 in right now that went to pending research. It’s currently on day 28. I called last week and they quoted up to 90 days for PENDING RESEARCH statuses.

My otter creek can is only at 50 days so I’m not even thinking about that one yet. Seriously considering ordering a Surefire RC2 tomorrow.

Nice. That’s probably Patricia Bartles, I’ve traded emails with her in the past and she was quite helpful.

I’ve got a form1 in right now that went to pending research. It’s currently on day 28. I called last week and they quoted up to 90 days for PENDING RESEARCH statuses.

My otter creek can is only at 50 days so I’m not even thinking about that one yet. Seriously considering ordering a Surefire RC2 tomorrow.
Where or how do you know it "went to pending research"? As soon as you submit the form, if you call the next day, they'll tell you it's pending. Sometimes they say "pending" and sometimes they say,"pending research." On the eforms portal I have never seen a form go from "submitted/ in process" to "pending research". Only straight to approved.

I'm at day 63 for eForm1....

• Angry
Reactions: darkfader
Where or how do you know it "went to pending research"? As soon as you submit the form, if you call the next day, they'll tell you it's pending. Sometimes they say "pending" and sometimes they say,"pending research." On the eforms portal I have never seen a form go from "submitted/ in process" to "pending research". Only straight to approved.

This one is an eForm 1 SBR application. I’m using an 80% lower that I had some custom engravings done on. So the manufacturer wasn’t in their drop-down list, and so they always go straight to “PENDING RESEARCH” in that case. Eventually I will get a notification that I am “SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS”, at which time I’ll be able to submit my print cards with cover letter. When you go pending research, you don’t get a cover letter until the research phase is complete. Total infringement and a pain in the ass.

Mainly I’m just being impatient. I’ve had form1 SBR apps come back as quickly as 11 days. Seeing 30calDeath at 63 days doesn’t give me a happy feeling.

Got a few in the hopper now... If they would do a batch approval that would be the best birthday present ever (I'm figuring on May for the Hydro-L).

OCL Hydrogen-L 7.62 - 230 days
OCL Polonium 5.56 - 78 days
OCL Hydrogen-S 6.5mm - 48 days
TBAC 22 Takedown - 26 days
TBAC Magnus HUB - 0 days (Certified this evening)

Last edited:
This one is an eForm 1 SBR application. I’m using an 80% lower that I had some custom engravings done on. So the manufacturer wasn’t in their drop-down list, and so they always go straight to “PENDING RESEARCH” in that case. Eventually I will get a notification that I am “SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS”, at which time I’ll be able to submit my print cards with cover letter. When you go pending research, you don’t get a cover letter until the research phase is complete. Total infringement and a pain in the ass.

Mainly I’m just being impatient. I’ve had form1 SBR apps come back as quickly as 11 days. Seeing 30calDeath at 63 days doesn’t give me a happy feeling.
Ahhh.... I did not now about that. I've got a regular eForm 1 at 69 days, and a brace eForm 1 at 32 days. Both have just showed "submitted" the whole time.

• Sad

How anyone in their right mind is going to compare current form 1 SBR times to anything in previous history is beyond me.

I could be wrong, its not as if the ATF changed the rules on an entire class of firearms at the beginning of the year causing a ton of new form 1 submissions and then their regulatory overreach got stomped in the courts and Congress. Meanwhile the 2A is being properly recognized in courts across the land and transparent and opaque transgressions against it are being rectified.

No, scratch that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Personally I don’t think form1 or form4 wait times have ever been comparable. Maybe a basic timeline based on various threads on the net and claims posted on different vendor sites, but it’s always been random with no sense of rhyme or reason in the grand scheme.

A very good friend of mine just had a 21 day approval on a form 1 come back just a couple weeks ago, so I think it’s safe to say an influx of the bullshit brace applications didn’t affect his wait very much.