• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

i made copies of both sides and laminated them. I also have PDF copies on my ipad that i take with me to the range so i dont have to carry all my paperwork.

1. NFA Item: AAC 762-SD
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 11/9/11
5. Money Order Cashed: 11/17/11
6. Pending Date: 11/28/11
7. Approved Date:
8. Forms Received:
9. Examiner: Sarah Jones

I hope i get mine in soon.

NFA item: M4-2000
Form 4 Trust
Pending 9/20/2011
Approved 2/22/2012
Sarah Jones

Not fair! I just called today on a suppressor and it went pending on 9/15/11 and is still not approved...and they estimated it wouldn't be until mid March! Gotta love the speed of red tape....
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updated

1. NFA Item: TBAC 30p-1 suppressor
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: August 24,2011
5. Money Order Cashed: As soon as they got it
6. Pending Date: Sept 14th
7. Approved Date: Feb 21st
8. Forms Received: Real soon

9. Examiner: Jason Bowers

</div></div>
I too have Jason Bowers and went pending Sept 15.. still pending 7.62-sdn-6 &I ss sparrow on trust .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nlee318</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updated

1. NFA Item: TBAC 30p-1 suppressor
4. Forms Sent: August 24,2011
5. Money Order Cashed: As soon as they got it
6. Pending Date: Sept 14th
7. Approved Date: Feb 21st
8. Forms Received: Real soon

9. Examiner: Jason Bowers

</div></div>
I too have Jason Bowers and went pending Sept 15.. still pending 7.62-sdn-6 &I ss sparrow on trust . </div></div>

I hope you don't have a problem or error on something.

Just spoke with BATF. They advise 6 month wait pending to approval. Person on phone said they are handling 4 times volume of form 4's etc. vs. 2 years ago, with no increase in personnel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just spoke with BATF. They advise 6 month wait pending to approval. Person on phone said they are handling 4 times volume of form 4's etc. vs. 2 years ago, with no increase in personnel.</div></div>

Fire ATF agents selling guns to drug cartels, which frees up money for more clerks. Simple fix!

I went through this dilema last year. your form 1 will go to an entirely different state. it is also much quicker.. the longest form 1 i have had to wait for was 6 weeks 2 days. i even had one in 3 weeks 6 days.. needless to say i was shocked.

WE should have a time line thread for purchasing guns at Cabelas instead of NFA items. Cabelas takes longer.
smile.gif

Just got a notice! Sara sent me my latest love letter got in today for a AWC Thor Ti .556 pending since Sept 12th! So many pending but at least I have something to pick up!

1. NFA Item: TBAC suppressor
4. Forms Sent: August 26,2011
5. Money Order Cashed:September 7, 2011
6. Pending Date: September 14, 2011
7. Approved Date: March 14, 2012
8. Forms Received: TBD
9. Examiner: ?

WOW, ATF is ahead of the game since your approval date is 1 week from now
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: TBAC suppressor
7. <span style="color: #FF0000">Approved Date: March 14, 2012</span>
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, ATF is ahead of the game since your approval date is 1 week from now
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: TBAC suppressor
7. [color:#FF0000]Approved Dat?

</div></div> </div></div>

Just a typo, it was the 4th. But if he could....
smile.gif

Much better LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, ATF is ahead of the game since your approval date is 1 week from now
wink.gif

7. <span style="color: #FF0000">Approved Date: March 14, 2012</span>

I just talked to him. Typo. Its the 4th.
smile.gif

</div></div> </div></div> </div></div>

NFA item- SWR trident 9
Mailed form fours today march 8
Time for the long wait. The only plus side is I have acces to it during the wait. Thanks to Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley Precision.

Once they go pending I'm seeing just shy of 6 months. I remember when it used to be 7 weeks door to door!

revelation arms .22lr suppressor
Form 4
Individual
Sent August 23, 2011
Pending September 15
Approved march 5th
Stil waiting for forms in the mail.....

Form 4 AAC 762SD
Pending 3 SEP 11
Approved 5 MAR 12

It's taking WAY too long for what they have to do to these forms...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 101ABN327</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 4 AAC 762SD
Pending 3 SEP 11
Approved 5 MAR 12

It's taking WAY too long for what they have to do to these forms...

101</div></div>

That is exactly what I'm thinking as well. I'm about to purchase a TBAC 30BA and if I'm lucky, with the way shit is going, I hope to have it by Thanksgiving; such bullshit.

Form 4 sent sept 4
Pending sept 14
Cleared march 4
M16 in my grubby little hands March 8
Shooting full auto Sat 10 OMG what f------- fun!!

A friend who has multiple form 4 approved over a few years recently sent another form 4 in and door to door in 30 days. A fluke or are they approving faster for people who has been approved many times in the past? Any thoughts on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: perazzisc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend who has multiple form 4 approved over a few years recently sent another form 4 in and door to door in 30 days. A fluke or are they approving faster for people who has been approved many times in the past? Any thoughts on this. </div></div>

Fluke I have many in the last year and they are getting slower. You sure thats true? Could he be messing with you? PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: perazzisc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend who has multiple form 4 approved over a few years recently sent another form 4 in and door to door in 30 days. A fluke or are they approving faster for people who has been approved many times in the past? Any thoughts on this. </div></div>

Fluke I have many in the last year and they are getting slower. You sure thats true? Could he be messing with you? PG </div></div>

Probably a fluke, same thing happened to my Sergeant. When wait time was 2-3 months his was approved within 30 days. Lucky I guess?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once they go pending I'm seeing just shy of 6 months. I remember when it used to be 7 weeks door to door! </div></div>

My best time was 37 days DTD. 2007 Bush-era NFA branch.

Worst was just shy of a year (paperwork glitch, 1999 Clinton-era NFA branch dropped the ball, didn't get something back to the dealer on time, forgot or Shantiqua was doing her nails that month or something).

Last two, 2008, 2011 Obama-era, six months.

Sigh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: perazzisc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend who has multiple form 4 approved over a few years recently sent another form 4 in and door to door in 30 days. A fluke or are they approving faster for people who has been approved many times in the past? Any thoughts on this. </div></div>

Most likely a fluke. Mine are average 4.5 months and a bit shine of 6 months for the last one.

4 1/2 months for the first 1. we will see how long for the 2nd. i guess we really cant expect them to actually work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf

I submitted my latest Form 4 back the first week of September. Check cashed September 19th. Got the call today that the stamp arrived yesterday. Just a few days short of 6 months.
I think you can build an aircraft carrier in less time.

You said it, government,they have no reason to rush.If you piss them off they will slow down.

I just spoke to the NFA branch a few minutes ago and my form 4 went pending Dec 2, 2011. The lady said they are running about 6 months from pending to approved. Said mine may be approved by June.

I was just thinking, which I know can be dangerous, but since the process is so long what happens if one was to kick the bucket before they got their suppressor in hand? I guess if its in a trust already then the question is answered but seriously.

dropped off form 4 and supporting documents today at GAP(13 Mar 12)

oh its fer a ops inc 12th model 30cal

running about 6 months from pending,i guess I can't hold my breaath

Sent 12/20/2011
Cashed 12/23/2011
pending ?

Sparrow.22
Form 4- individual
Sent- 3/10/12

Spectre II- dealer ordered from swr
Paid in full- 2/11/12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dropped off form 4 and supporting documents today at GAP(13 Mar 12)

oh its fer a ops inc 12th model 30cal </div></div>

Is that the one you did thru 762 and his group buy?

Got my stamp yesterday. 5mos 1wk from pending to approval. Pending late September. Jason Bowers examiner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dropped off form 4 and supporting documents today at GAP(13 Mar 12)

oh its fer a ops inc 12th model 30cal </div></div>

Is that the one you did thru 762 and his group buy? </div></div>

Nope, totally different one