• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

I'm still in a fog about the wait time. I purchased my ACC "Cyclone" from a dealer's inventory so I assume the Form 3 had already been processed, etc.

Now, my question is, will it still take the same 6 months for the Form 4 to be processed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still in a fog about the wait time. I purchased my ACC "Cyclone" from a dealer's inventory so I assume the Form 3 had already been processed, etc.

Now, my question is, will it still take the same 6 months for the Form 4 to be processed? </div></div>

If you purchased from a dealer that is in your town or close enough to you to drive and pick it up, and they have one there, and you saw the one your going to buy and its serialized, then you should have filled out a form 4 to transfer from your dealer to you. A form 3 is a dealer to dealer transfer so you wouldn' t need a form 3 unless your dealer had to order it from AAC.

I ordered mine from TBAC which means I had to wait in the manufacturing of it, the form 3 to my local dealer, and then the form 4 to transfer to me. Help clear up the fog?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When something goes "pending", does that mean its in the examiners pile of work to do? Or does it mean the secretary just put it in the system, cashed the check, then it gets shipped off to the examiner? </div></div>

It's in the system ready to be approved. It would be on the examiners desk waiting on them. Secretary's don't handle paperwork they just answer phones.

Charger,
I think killer spade is trying to ask when he should factor a start time for the proverbial "6month wait" in the proccess

'process' (feel free to copy-paste-correct me)

(raw material, nothing made, possible back order)
Manufacturer:
Makes the suppressor
Puts a serial on suppressor
Dealer:
Buys the suppressor
Fills out a form 3 with the dealer
Atf clears it (wait time eta:???)
Dealer has possesion of suppressor (suppressor is now 'in stock')
Individual:
Buys suppressor from dealer
Dealer and individal fill out a form 4
Atf receives it (est wait:???)
Atf cashes check (est wait:??)
Goes pending (est wait??)
Apporved (estimated wait:??)
tax stamp recieved (est wait:??)
Recieve can from dealer (est wait:??)
you now have your suppressor

http://www.nfatracker.com/reports.aspx

Check out this link for some of the data you are looking for.

If you scroll down about half way there are several charts showing average wait times throughout the process and by step.

I don't think the data reflects much of the recent improvements as I'm not sure when they update it. If it is a live chart then I would think the data would still show closer to the "before improvement" waits as the majorit of the last 6 months data is going to be the old wait times.

But...it will give you a few ideas.

Remnar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remnar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.nfatracker.com/reports.aspx

If you scroll down about half way there are several charts showing average wait times throughout the process and by step.

<span style="color: #CC0000">I don't think the data reflects much of the recent improvements </span>as I'm not sure when they update it. If it is a live chart then I would think the data would still show closer to the "before improvement" waits as the majorit of the last 6 months data is going to be the old wait times.

Remnar </div></div>

Huh? They have made improvements by almost a month now. Follow the pending to approval times on here. You don't need the nfa tracker....

I purchased the AAC "Cyclone" that Clyde Armory in Athens, GA had in stock. I would, therefore, assume that the Form 3 had already been completed, etc.

Just wondering if the Form 4, only, takes the requisite 6 months for processing on a trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huh? They have made improvements by almost a month now. Follow the pending to approval times on here. You don't need the nfa tracker.... </div></div>

He was asking for info other than pending to approved. I provided the link because it has the data and you don't have to do any work to get some average time frames.

But you are correct...Looking at the posts here would give you a more up to date picture if you were to do the math. But me...i'm lazy.
smile.gif

Remnar

Form 4
Sent - 5/28/12
Check Cashed - 6/4/12
Pending - 6/25/12
Approved - TBA
Received - TBA
I purchased from the dealer out of stock roughly 5 weeks before he got it in and mailed the form 4 about 2 weeks after that. Going through a trust. Should add it's an AAC Cyclone.

i am setting myself up for failure and do not expect my cans until feb 2013, my B-day!!! (that would be an awesome B-day present)

interpret this time frame how you want...

2 form 4's
sent: wed 6-13-12
received: fri 6-15-12
cashed: tue 6-19-12
pending: not gonna check
approved: not gonna check

just gonna forget about them until the dealer calls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have gotten four new items in the last few days. Three from Mid December where I had a spelling error hold it up. The other late December is when the check was cashed. They are on a Trust in Texas.

AWC .45 Ti Triad
AWC .30 Thor Ti
AWC .22 Ti forget the new name
Gemtech .22 Digicam Outback II

Four more should be about a month out.

</div></div>

751animated-obama-money.gif
</div></div>

Funny but that guy has never given me any financial help. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remnar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.nfatracker.com/reports.aspx

<span style="color: #CC0000">I don't think the data reflects much of the recent improvements </span>as I'm not sure when they update it. If it is a live chart then I would think the data would still show closer to the "before improvement" waits as the majorit of the last 6 months data is going to be the old wait times.

Remnar </div></div>

Huh? They have made improvements by almost a month now. Follow the pending to approval times on here. You don't need the nfa tracker.... </div></div>

What he said no other site needed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i just got off the phone and i am in problem status! outstanding </div></div>

Could be something easy like you missed putting in a date, missing signature or spelling error. I wouldnt worry about it to much. They will send it back, correct it and you should have it back a couple weeks later.

well i sure hope so, i mean i had an FFL do the paperwork and paid him so i figured it would be right
however you are right it could be something simple

thanks
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i just got off the phone and i am in problem status! outstanding </div></div>

Could be something easy like you missed putting in a date, missing signature or spelling error. I wouldnt worry about it to much. They will send it back, correct it and you should have it back a couple weeks later. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so it should come back quick after problem status? </div></div>

A week or two....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: TBAC 30P-1
Transferee Type: Individual
Ordered: 1/3/12
Checked with Dealer: 1/30/12
TBAC lost order, so order actually placed on 1/30/12.
Arrived at Dealer: 3/20/12
Forms Sent: 4/25/12
Delivered: 4/28/12
Check Cashed: ???
Pending Date: 6/6/12
Approved Date:
Forms Received:
Examiner: Dana Pickles

</div></div>
Pending Date: 6/6/12

Dude on the phone said it should be approved end of November/beginning of December.

no change in pending dates over the past week or so.....

Seems to be hovering around January 25th...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no change in pending dates over the past week or so.....

Seems to be hovering around January 25th... </div></div>

If you're calling every week you will make it worse on yourself. Let is go pending then don't call back for 3-4 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no change in pending dates over the past week or so.....

If you're calling every week you will make it worse on yourself. Let is go pending then don't call back for 3-4 months. </div></div>

I'm not calling them perpetually. I'm just basing this from my observations from nfatracker.

This is currently my favorite thread. Wait times going down I like!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is currently my favorite thread. Wait times going down I like! </div></div>

+100, I just sent form 4's off yesterday... Doesn't seem like Florida forms advance to fast either. Hope these assistance lend ole Albert Lamberger a hand!

I just hope they get here by Christmas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no change in pending dates over the past week or so.....

If you're calling every week you will make it worse on yourself. Let is go pending then don't call back for 3-4 months. </div></div>

I'm not calling them perpetually. I'm just basing this from my observations from nfatracker. </div></div>

Stay off the NFA tracker! It is misleading as it is not updated often. And if it is..... I don't know who they are getting their times from. I have already seen the wait drop by a month, and that was 2 weeks of them going thru their "big change". So by my estimations you should see the times drop by 2 months (giving you a 3 month drop total) by end of july/early August.

Called yesterday. Had one go pending March 30, still pending on trust, this is not my first.

Check was cashed the 3rd of June.... Called to see if my form 4 was pending.... Nope.

I'll try in another two weeks..... Once confirmed that it went pending I'll let the system work itself out and try to forget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called yesterday. Had one go pending March 30, still pending on trust, this is not my first. </div></div>

You will probably clear mid to late August.
laugh.gif

I'm at the mailman stage. He picked up my form 4 today.

I vow to never, ever call on my progress. I want my dealer to call me and it to be a total surprise.

I'm expecting a slightly early Christmas!!!

TBAC 338P-1, O.D.

I heard a little more info about Dana Pickles' assitant/ new trust issues. We had one returned the other day for having "N/A" in the other markings section, his assitant considers the item to be stamped with "N/A" somewhere on it if that's in the blank. The second issue was over trusts. It was returned due to being written somewhere in the trust that "... the assignment of property is to be dispersed to..." while his attached list of previously approved items was titled "schedule A". Dana's assitant informed that it can no longer be titled "schedule A", it has to be titled "the assignment of property" regardless of previous approved copies...

sounds pretty petty to be trying to catch up on a serious backlog

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard a little more info about Dana Pickles' assitant/ new trust issues. We had one returned the other day for having "N/A" in the other markings section, his assitant considers the item to be stamped with "N/A" somewhere on it if that's in the blank. The second issue was over trusts. It was returned due to being written somewhere in the trust that "... the assignment of property is to be dispersed to..." while his attached list of previously approved items was titled "schedule A". Dana's assitant informed that it can no longer be titled "schedule A", it has to be titled "the assignment of property" regardless of previous approved copies...

sounds pretty petty to be trying to catch up on a serious backlog </div></div>

All you can do is correct it, and move on. Don't make something out of it that it is clearly not. Follow their directions and don't slow the process for everyone down!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm at the mailman stage. He picked up my form 4 today.

I vow to never, ever call on my progress. I want my dealer to call me and it to be a total surprise.

I'm expecting a slightly early Christmas!!!

TBAC 338P-1, O.D.</div></div>

i call every day, just to say hi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

All you can do is correct it, and move on. Don't make something out of it that it is clearly not. Follow their directions and don't slow the process for everyone down! </div></div>
Haha I'll let him know to not hold up traffic anymore. Just thought it was odd after using the same trust/form layout after 8 items that it now has an issue all of a sudden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

All you can do is correct it, and move on. Don't make something out of it that it is clearly not. Follow their directions and don't slow the process for everyone down! </div></div>
Haha I'll let him know to not hold up traffic anymore. Just thought it was odd after using the same trust/form layout after 8 items that it now has an issue all of a sudden. </div></div>

Everyone of those examiners are different in their requirements. You never know what they are going to ask for!

If everyone is calling about their progress, wouldn't that slow things down since they have to check the paperwork?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_Lamz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If everyone is calling about their progress, wouldn't that slow things down since they have to check the paperwork? </div></div>

No.... operators answer the phone. Not the examiners unless you specifically request to speak to them.

I hate even thinking about it.

5 cans went pending in April (2 AAC SDN6, 1 Sparrow and 2 AAC 2000's).

Before Xmas would be great, tomorrow would be better.

Got one back today.
sent 12/12/11
pending 1/9/12
approved 6/25/12
recieved 7/1/12

I had a paperwork glitch, so it got sent back once. That cost me about 2 to 3 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: half</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got one back today.
sent 12/12/11
pending 1/9/12
approved 6/25/12
recieved 7/1/12

I had a paperwork glitch, so it got sent back once. That cost me about 2 to 3 weeks. </div></div>

How did you get it back on a Sunday? I had one approved on the 25 and it has still yet to show up in the mail.

NFA item: AAC M4-1000
Form type: Trust
Transfer type: Individual
Forms sent: 1/1/12
Check cashed: 1/7/12
Pending date: 1/16/12
Approved date: 6/27/12
Forms received: 7/5/12
Examiner name: Albert Lamberger

7510829728_5412a05b5a_b.jpg

NFA Item: Suppressor
Form type: non trust
Form sent:1/19/12
Check Cashed:1/24/12
Pending:2/7/12
Approved:6/28/12
Form received:7/2/12

Amazingly excited right now... First NFA item and first suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: half</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got one back today.
sent 12/12/11
pending 1/9/12
approved 6/25/12
recieved 7/1/12

I had a paperwork glitch, so it got sent back once. That cost me about 2 to 3 weeks. </div></div>

How did you get it back on a Sunday? I had one approved on the 25 and it has still yet to show up in the mail. </div></div>

Maybe he picked it up from his dealer on Sun?? My old dealer (I hate to even say "My") wouldn't let me know when a stamp came in and would sit on his fat ass for up to a week before I could pick it up. He's not my dealer anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: half</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got one back today.
sent 12/12/11
pending 1/9/12
approved 6/25/12
recieved 7/1/12

How did you get it back on a Sunday? I had one approved on the 25 and it has still yet to show up in the mail. </div></div>

A friend of mine is the engineer/manufacturer. He got the stamp in the mail on saturday and delivered the can and stamp on Sunday. Don't all companies have service like this?
grin.gif
I also let him use my range to do a bunch of testing so he kind of owed me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob, you have anything pending? LOL!!! </div></div>Actually have a number of things pending, not the least of which is a m16!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tkellogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone in Michigan get there forms back yet? </div></div>

Not yet.

Mine went in the end of March.