• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

So me, my uncle, and my cousin all bought Sparrow II's from the same dealer back in mid December. I was first, my uncle about 3 days behind me, and my cousin about a week after that. We all mailed the paperwork the day we purchased too.

We all used a trust that was modified for our individual needs by the same lawyer and this is all our second cans.

They got their stamps today and I am still waiting!!!

man i sent my forms out the 10th of Jan for an m4 2000 , a gemtech g5 T and a Gemtech outback II, and obviously i dont have anything back yet

this sucks

I just called NFA branch. I have 8 cleared checks from May that are not pending, and she said those should be in the process of being "entered in". I assume typed into computer.

I also have a Jan 6 pending (now 6 months) and I asked if it was close and she said yes. She made some comment about "this group" or batch. I asked if they were doing checks monthly and she said no the stamps are printed/mailed daily.

Tracker has a Jan 4 pending approved with same examiner. My SASS TI should be home any day now.

Form 4
Paper work sent in December 15th 2011

Check cashed - never checked
Pending - never checked
Approved - never checked

Stamp received 6/6/12

Sandra Snook

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bam, Jan 6 would only be 5 months, i only know because i sent mine in the 10th</div></div> oops. I thought that went by mighty fast lol. Then it appears that the examiner could be slightly ahead of the 6 month mark then. My recent approvals were closer to the 150 day mark from pending, which threshold I have now crossed. Lady did indicate it would be any time now. I guess they have lots of info on the computer screen that they don't tell us.

2 cans
sent in Thanksgiving week
Pending Dec 15th and 20th
Both Approved June 5th
Dana Pickles Examiner

Said they will be mailed to Class 3 dealer anytime from now to 30 days.

Picking up tomorrow 6/15, FFl has had it for almost a week.
laugh.gif

Eddie

I had two items with checks cashed mid december come back because of a typo so for Texas items mid December is not going through. PG

Form 3's would appear to be speeding up, Faxed to NFA Branch 05/05/12, Signed by Dana Pickles 21May12, Received it back by mail 08Jun12.
This is a great improvement over the 45 days that is was running, maybe things will start picking up.
Side note: Dana is now requiring on all personal form 4's Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922. The only time in the past that i have done this is on SBR's only. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the wait time for a Suppressor being around 6 months, what is the wait time for a SBR on a Trust? </div></div>

the same as a suppressor. Class 3 is class 3.

Got my paper work back today. Update for GA people they have almost cleared December the class 3 dealer got back 10 form 4's back today. Looks like everything is moving fast now just to put in for my SBR.
Form 4: HALO
Sent in 30 Nov 11
Check Cashed Dont know
Pending 13 Dec 11
Approved: 6 June 12
Paper work sent 8 June and came in today

form 1
sent 12-05-11
pending 01-04-12
sent back 05-31-12
resubmitted with correction 06-02-12
received 06-11-12

examiner s.swiero

What kind of "correction" did you have to do?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dkh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">form 1
sent 12-05-11
pending 01-04-12
sent back 05-31-12
resubmitted with correction 06-02-12
received 06-11-12

examiner s.swiero </div></div>

They sent the paperwork back to me. They wanted a missing form of the trust. I sent it back and it was very quickly processed. ( this was a form one on a trust).

NFA item: Ops Inc 12th .30 cal
via Trust
Forms Sent: Feb 20, 2012
Check cashed: May 2, 2012
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Pending: June 4, 2012</span></span>
Approved:
Received:
Examiner:Dana Pickles

Updated for pending. The guy I called said to expect it around December.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt.Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA item: Ops Inc 12th .30 cal
via Trust
Forms Sent: Feb 20, 2012
Check cashed: May 2, 2012
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Pending: June 4, 2012</span></span>
Approved:
Received:
Examiner:Dana Pickles

Updated for pending. The guy I called said to expect it around December.

</div></div>

Those are kind of strange stats. It took them forever to cash the check and get it pending. My checks are usually cased within a week of them getting the forms and then they go pendning a week or 2 after that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Those are kind of strange stats. It took them forever to cash the check and get it pending. My checks are usually cased within a week of them getting the forms and then they go pendning a week or 2 after that.</div></div>

From what I've managed to piece together, my timing landed my paperwork right in the middle of the rearranging of the BATFE's division that handles Class 3 stuff. I'm not gonna complain so long as I get the darn thing.

TBAC 30P-1 and 22L-1
Sent 12-7-11
Pending 12-28-11
Arrived at TBAC 6-12-12

Headed to pick them up tomorrow...finally

My form 4 went pending on Jan. 6th(if i remember correctly). I was told to expect the stamp approval sometime in July.. I had called around the end of March and the lady I spoke with told me at that point form 4's were averaging about 7months..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrrs311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My form 4 went pending on Jan. 6th(if i remember correctly). I was told to expect the stamp approval sometime in July.. I had called around the end of March and the lady I spoke with told me at that point form 4's were averaging about 7months.. </div></div>

They will tell you something different each time you call.

Take notice, they are government employees. Break times and lunch hours are not monitored nor are they consistent.

Attitudes, weaves, long fingernails and bowties.

Oh, and very ugly, small dogs on leashes . . .

Nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamawrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bam, Jan 6 would only be 5 months, i only know because i sent mine in the 10th</div></div> oops. I thought that went by mighty fast lol. Then it appears that the examiner could be slightly ahead of the 6 month mark then. My recent approvals were closer to the 150 day mark from pending, which threshold I have now crossed. Lady did indicate it would be any time now. I guess they have lots of info on the computer screen that they don't tell us. </div></div>

SASS Arbitor TI
Pending Jan 6, 2012
Approved June 11, 2012
Alabama so its Siviero
5 months 5 days. This one was 155 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe January pending form 4s are already getting approved. Perhaps there is hope. </div></div>

They will steadily speed up over the next couple weeks. I've heard from a reliable source they plan on having wait time down to 4-6 weeks (door to door) by mid July.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will steadily speed up over the next couple weeks. I've heard from a reliable source they plan on having wait time down to 4-6 weeks (door to door) by mid July.</div></div>

They feeling the pressure from that congressional hearing that's scheduled?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe January pending form 4s are already getting approved. Perhaps there is hope. </div></div>

They will steadily speed up over the next couple weeks. I've heard from a reliable source they plan on having wait time down to 4-6 weeks (door to door) by mid July. </div></div>

I'll believe it when I see my tax stamp that went pending may 1st show up before september

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will steadily speed up over the next couple weeks. I've heard from a reliable source they plan on having wait time down to 4-6 weeks (door to door) by mid July.</div></div>

</div></div>

Yeah that congressional hearing that is supposed to happen but no one can provide proof of when and in front of what committee?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will steadily speed up over the next couple weeks. I've heard from a reliable source they plan on having wait time down to 4-6 weeks (door to door) by mid July.</div></div>

</div></div>

Yeah that congressional hearing that is supposed to happen but no one can provide proof of when and in front of what committee? </div></div>

Talk to these guys https://www.facebook.com/americansilencer
They are a huge reason why so many advancements in Class 3 ownership has changed.

You're Welcome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will steadily speed up over the next couple weeks. I've heard from a reliable source they plan on having wait time down to 4-6 weeks (door to door) by mid July.</div></div>

They feeling the pressure from that congressional hearing that's scheduled? </div></div>

Most likely. Or they just don't want to look bad in front of the committee. I think the placement of the new examiner assistants is really going to help them clear the bulk of paperwork that has stacked up on them. If they can clear it out, wait times will diminish quickly.

If they cut the wait time down to 4-6 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
well there goes what is left of my wallet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Icallem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they cut the wait time down to 4-6 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
well there goes what is left of my wallet! </div></div>

No shit! It will just be too much for me to resist if I know I can get my paws on new stuff in 6 weeks instead of 6 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrrs311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My form 4 went pending on Jan. 6th(if i remember correctly). I was told to expect the stamp approval sometime in July.. I had called around the end of March and the lady I spoke with told me at that point form 4's were averaging about 7months.. </div></div>

They will tell you something different each time you call. </div></div> I guess I should update this. My stamp came back to the dealer today. It went pending around Jan. 6th and was approved on June 11th. I've been waiting on this one, a KAC SR15E3 SBR.

...maybe I'll see my can that went pending in early March by my mid-August birthday after all...

The last two I have received each sped up by 1.5-2 weeks. So over a months time they have cut it down by 3-3.5 weeks (depending on your examiner). This is a steady rate of improvement. Let's all remain optimistic!
laugh.gif

I will remain optimistic as I'm about to submit a couple form 4's. This is great news to my ears. All I care about is they show before Christmas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nebraska123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will remain optimistic as I'm about to submit a couple form 4's. This is great news to my ears. All I care about is they show before Christmas. </div></div>

My form 4 went pending may 1st. If I see February pendings start popping up in two weeks, my jimmies will begin to rustle.

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nebraska123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will remain optimistic as I'm about to submit a couple form 4's. This is great news to my ears. All I care about is they show before Christmas. </div></div>

My form 4 went pending may 1st. If I see February pendings start popping up in two weeks, my jimmies will begin to rustle. </div></div>

Form 4
Sent - 12/20/11
Check Cashed - 12/27/11
Pending - Never checked
Approved - Never checked
Received - 6/15/12

Let the fun begin!

Huntertown Arms Kestrel 22
Form 4 - Trust

Paperwork Sent 12/06/12
Check Cashed 12/23/11
Pending 1/3/2012
Approved 06/11/12
Received 06/13/12
Picked Up 06/16/12

Examiner
Sandra Snook

Item: Surefire FA556-212
Type: Individual
Purchased: 12/20/2011 (In stock at dealer)
Mailed: 12/21/2011
Check cashed: 12/28/2011
Pending: never checked
Approved: 06/12/2012
Received: 06/20/2012
Item in hand: 06/20/2012
Examiner: Ohio, Dudash

AAC 762SDN-6

Type: Trust
Mailed: 12/23/12
Check processed: 12/28/12
Approved: 6/14/12
Received: 6/20/12
grin.gif

Examiner: Bowers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PharmerJon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC 762SND-6

Mailed: 12/23/12
Check processed: 12/28/12
Pending: ??
Approved: ??
Received: 6/20/12
grin.gif

</div></div>

Once you have received it..... the approval date is written on the form 4

ThunderBeast 30p-1

Mailed: 12/11/11
Check Cashed: 12/29/11
Pending:?
Approved: 06/07/12
Received: 06/12/12
Examiner: Dudash

Just picked it up today. This is the last suppressor I will buy until the process is changed or gains some speed.