• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I called a few days ago on two.. One was cashed 1/29/13 and went pending 3/14/13 and the other cashed 2/8/13 and went pending 3/12/13. I think they had a mass increase in January and Feb... They told me not to expect these until December. :-(

It looks to me like there are a lot of conflicting repprts but as with the Government... Go figured! I called on mine again today sent 12/12/12 check cashed in early Jan 13 finally went pending May 29 ....WTF , They are pretty quick to cash the checks if only they could actually work that fast. anyway I pressed the lady for some answers I did find out who my examiner was and she said that it was usually 45 ~ 60 days after it goes pending .... that would be nice ....but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I just called regarding the status of my SDN-6. Mailed 1/25/13, pending 3/8/13. I was told that it was "last updated" on 7/8/13, and they "are usually completed within 60 days of that date." That would put me on pace for a 8 month total wait. My FFL thinks it will come sooner than that based on what he has been seeing.

Form 1 SBR
Trust
Forms sent 01/08/13
Money Order
Pending 02/14/13
Approved - (quoted within 30 days)
Received -

Form 4
Trust
Forms sent 01/08/13
Money Order
Pending 02/12/13
Approved - (quoted within 30 days)
Received -

Form 4
Trust
Forms sent 04/10/13
Money order
Pending 06/15/13
Approved - (quoted March 2014)
Received -

It looks like several of us are "pending" from late Jan to late Feb and hopefully withing the 30-60 day window. I'm ass-u-ming that when the quote "days" they mean business days not calendar days. Looks like late Aug or mid September for me for the first two and the third one nobody knows, but 2014 does not surprise me at this point. Considering it took two months just to go pending from reciept. I'm so glad I got this started late last year and bought everything I thought I might want for the foreseeable future. I am so very happy that I am NOT starting the process now in the current situation.

The thing I have learned about ATF is that their estimates range from completely clueless to ultra conservative. You have to remember that you are dealing with federal bureaucrats whose primary goal in life is to stay employed long enough with the federal govt. to get their pension. If you want a sense for what is happening, check out NFAtracker.com. It includes lots of bogus data as they really don't sort out the idiots, but if you look at the bulk of the data, it is fairly accurate. I recently had two cans approved a couple of days after I was told "45 days" by ATF. There is little doubt that wait times are increasing, but it is impossible to tell how far this trend will go before it levels off or reverses.

Edit:
There are three reliable pieces of info that you can get by calling ATF:
1. What is the "pending" date"?
2. What date was the item transferred to the examiners desk for approval? (approval usually 30-45 days after this date)
2. What day was the item was approved?

Last edited:
BATFE's Pending forms storage room.

YOUR Form 4 is somewhere in that stack to the far right where it's dark.

400_zpsd651169f.jpg

NFA Item: One each .223,.30, .338 Templar Tactical Firearms
Trust - Form 4
Forms Sent: Feb. 8 Received Feb 11
Check cashed: Feb. 25
Pending: April 8
Called Today 7-22-13 "Forms have not reached examiner yet"
Projected date for approval 9 months from pending date!!!!! Dec. 2013-Jan 2014

I hope they being overly pessimistic @##$%**&^&^%$$# fill in any words that come to mind

Came in today and left work early to pick it up.

NFA Item: Templar Tactical Archangel .30 cal
Form 4
Forms Sent: 12/17/12
Check Cashed: 12/20/12 (cleared as EFT)
Pending: ???
Approved: 7/15/13
Received: 7/22/13
Examiner: Shannon Siviero

Now I'm ready to go play.

NFA Item: One each .223,.30, .338 Templar Tactical Firearms
Trust - Form 4
Forms Sent: Feb. 8 Received Feb 11
Check cashed: Feb. 25
Pending: April 8
Called Today 7-22-13 "Forms have not reached examiner yet"
Projected date for approval 9 months from pending date!!!!! Dec. 2013-Jan 2014

I hope they being overly pessimistic @##$%**&^&^%$$# fill in any words that come to mind
My check was cashed feb 13. I hope we see them before then. You have me scared to call.

NFA Item: AAC TiRant .45
Trust
Forms Sent: 12/17/12
Check cashed: 12/20/12
Pending:
Error Letter: 4/29/13 Trust was kicked back because the Schedule A was titled as Appendix A, so I had to revise.
Approved: 7/15/13
Received: 7/20/13
Examiner: Siviero

NFA Item: Hearing Protection LLC RSTA 7.62 Suppressor
Trust
Forms Sent: 12/22/12
Check cashed: 12/27/12
Pending:
Error Letter:
Approved: 7/18/13
Received: 7/22/13
Examiner: Can't make out the name.

Wait, we lost Sara Jones? What happened?

I don't know what happened or why. Maybe a promotion? All I know is she isn't a reviewer anymore and the last Form 1 I got in May was signed by Jason Bowers. I heard she was helping him get the hang of it for a while but I'm not entirely sure if she still is, if he is on his own now or what.

NFA Item: Form 1 SBR Trust
Forms Sent: 02/01/13
Check cashed: 02/15/13
Pending: 03/27/13
Error Letter: 07/18/13 missing schedule B,C of trust
Approved:
Received:

NFA Item: Form 1 SBR Trust
Forms Sent: 02/01/13
Check cashed: 02/15/13
Pending: 03/27/13
Error Letter: 07/18/13 missing schedule B,C of trust
Approved:
Received:

this is encouraging. i have one that went pending 3/21. are you in Texas?

2 Form 4s and NFA Trust sent February 15, 2013

AAC Titan QD .338

Surefire SOCOM556-RC 5.56

Just called, went pending April 5, 2013

Nine months quoted, so looks like Christmas presents!

I missed the schedule B, so I'm getting that signed and will send it in.

Last edited:
this is encouraging. i have one that went pending 3/21. are you in Texas?

Have one pending 3/20 here. If I hear anything, I'll let you know. I know my trust is good to go as I have other items. Called 2-3 wks ago and they told me mid Sept.

I called in today and the lady that answered said 9 month from pending is more like it ?

2008 trust sent all forms as before along with checks.

Examiner shanon silvero

Form1 noveske SBR
1-12-13 Mailed check
2-12-13 pending.

Form4
Delta P 7.62 suppresor
1-12-13 mailed check
2-12-13 pending

Form4
Gemtec outback II
1-12-13 mailed check
2-12-13 pending

Form1 noveske SBR
1-24-13 mailed check
3-12-13 pending

Form4 vltore SBR
3-23-13 mailed check
5-30-13 pending

Last edited:
Mailed 3/1 form 4 trust
Check cashed 3/17
Pending 5/21
Called today 7-26-13
They told me 9 months this would make it feb 14 I hope not I want to hunt with it this fall. In Texas

I submitted mine by LLC, it went pending March 8, 2013. It has not reached the examiner yet and the lady told me it would be 6 months from when it went pending with any luck. WTF...I sent it in January. Looks like it will be a 9 month wait if I am lucky. Didn't realize this was a problem until I called my dealer and checked this thread. There has to be a better way of doing this.

Thunder Beast 30BA
Mailed 12/15/2012
Check Cashed 12/21/2012
Pending 01/16/2013
Approved 07/28/2013
Stamp Received 07/31/2013
Examiner Sara Jones

Just got two cans back: 22lr,308 win
(13 months)
examiner: pickles

Yikes, those are terrible. What was the source of the delay?

Hoping the wait times don't get too much worse, six months wait was bad on the last couple... thankfully the wait gets easier each time you do a form 4 as it's not nearly as painful as it once was.

Yikes, those are terrible. What was the source of the delay?

Hoping the wait times don't get too much worse, six months wait was bad on the last couple... thankfully the wait gets easier each time you do a form 4 as it's not nearly as painful as it once was.

I was delayed by two weeks because my sheriff forgot to put his title.

Other than that my dealer said all form 4's were taking a year.
I wish I got my 338 can pending before my others came back.
The starts again.

That's nuts! Pickles just approved my two stamps in 5.5 months.. I guess I just got really lucky. Had one go pending in November and one in January. Had them in hand in May and June.

That was my thinking exactly. The four I have gotten back in the last 12 months have all been 5.5-7 months. I do have one right now that will be at 7 months as of next week so hopefully it should be about due.

Just got back my stamp for my Benelli SBS -
mailed mid Dec. ;
back a couple of weeks ago for error (dealer forgot to sign);
back to dealer yesterday;
picked up today.
Examiner: Dana Pickles

On a Form 1 and Form 4 I corrected in May it took 4 weeks to have stamp in hand. Just in February it was two weeks

when i got mine - it was about 4 weeks from corrected info to stamp in hand. (called by FFL on june 4th that i could pick up my new toy)

12-21-12 form4 mailed with trust
01-18-13 pending
07-25-13 approved
08-02-13 stamp received

I just spoke with someone about my TBAC 30BA. My check was cashed on March 22nd and status was changed to pending on May 24th.

That's only 2 days shy of being 9 WEEKS from the check being cashed until pending status. Unbelievable!

Tactical Solutions Cascade-Ti
Trust
Forms Mailed: 12/26
Check Cashed: ?? Sent money order
Pending: ???
Approved: ???
Stamp Arrived: 8/8
Now I just have to get free time to pick it up. That 7-1/2 months was not that bad of a wait if you dont call in and check on it everyday. My advice is to send the forms and forget about them until your dealer calls you.

Hopefully the forms I sent in the end of february for my SDN-6 are not part of the super back-log everyone is talking about.

TBAC 30P
Pending: 4/29/13
Sent to examiner: 8/9/13
Approved: 12/16/13
Stamp in hand: Hopefully tomorrow

Last edited:
My check was cashed on 1/4/13 on a form 1 and got stamp 8/9/13. Now I am waiting on a form 4 that was done the same time.

Definition of depressing:
Forms sent late January. Check cashed mid February. Called today. Told it went pending transfer on July 10 and it would be another 90 days.

Went pending 02/22/13
Came back for correction the end of June Sent to examiner early July was told 30-45 days
Called today and was told 60-90 days