• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1
Mailed 11/20/12
Pending 12/10/12
For signature 4/26/13
Received 5/20/13

(2) Form 4's

Mailed (according to the dealer) 11/19/12
Pending 1/4/13
For signature 5/13/13
Received ????

I have no way to prove it, but I'm pretty sure the dealer screwed me out of about a month on the two form 4's.

I was talking with a local (Vancouver, WA.) dealer yesterday and he said the average was 9-10 months.

That bullshit has been getting spread around up here for awhile now so don't be disheartened. It's between 6-7 months right now. The only reason it would take 9-10 is if the dealer them themselves took their sweet time or if they had to have it form 3'd over to them which is likely the case.

Well I finally got the call. My cans are ready for pick up. I just got off the phone with him.
Now for he downer..... I can't go until tomorrow. I have 5 graduation parties to go to today.
Needless to say, I am a happy camper.

So good and bad news. My dealer received my form 4 back today with corrections needed. They did not put my middle name on it, the Chief of Police did not actually write his title, and my dealer used their PO Box (which they have been using on ATF forms for years).

Good news is after the changes it should only be a few more weeks for my approval.

Gemtech Quicksand
Mailed: Nov 14
Check cashed: Nov 20
Pending: Dec 3
Returned: Apr 29
Resubmitted: will be mailed tomorrow

It is so close and yet so far away.

Approved May 8th. Received in mail May 28th. Quicksand in hand May 29th

Anybody seeing this goofiness?

Mailed 02/01/2013 (supposedly)
Cashed 03/22/2013
Pending 05/21/2013

And I was told November'ish for approval. Definitely MUCH slower than my last two that were right at 6 months.

I called today to check on a Form 4; check was cashed approximately 3/18 and not pending yet. I was informed that its taking 8 weeks now from cashed to pending.

Called again today to check on status:

Form 4 / trust
check cashed 3/18/13
pending 5/22/13

Sent my second one in on 1-2-13 and it went pending 1-28-13. The guy I spoke with at NFA branch estimates it will be processed by August. I was hoping it would be a little quicker but don't we all.

All of my form 4 s have been averaging 5.5 months from date it was mailed in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sent my second one in on 1-2-13 and it went pending 1-28-13. The guy I spoke with at NFA branch estimates it will be processed by August. I was hoping it would be a little quicker but don't we all.

Well that's depressing, I mailed mine 12-18 and it didn't even get cashed until 1-29 and it finally went pending 2-27, looks like it will be September at the earliest...

this one took a while..
Tbac 30P-1 Individual Form 4
Ordered 4/25/12 seems like it was back ordered and forms took a while!
Arrived at SOT 10/22/12
paperwork sent off 10/24/12
Check cashed 11/7/12
approved 5/8/13
Stamp at dealer 5/29/13
total time of 13 months...
Sandra Snook was the ATF official

i went to the gun show today, and the guy i bought my sparrow from, i told him i would see him in about 2 months. he told me that he is just now seeing F4s from october. i sent my sparrow F4 in on 2-4-13, went pending 3-14-13. but as i read thru this thread, it still looks like 6 months.

My Thunderbeast 30BA took right at 9 months using a Trust! I received this in February, no issues with paperwork either. It would be nice if they could issue Class 3 permits similar to carry permits so that people could purchase items from SOT dealers and take them home the same day. Ok sorry, that makes way too much sense to work.

TB 30P-1:
Check Cashed on Dec 20
Pending on Jan 9

I have waited patiently for the first 5 months, but I find myself checking every new email thinking its here...

Also have a SF 556 socom that had the check cashed on Mar 5. I am afraid it will not be here until 2014 with the demand surge....

What: M4SD-II
Form 4 on a trust in Texas
Mailed: Nov 27 2012
Cashed: ????
Pending: Dec 20 2012
Error resubmitted: May 1 2013
Approved: May 28 2013

NFA said dealer should have stamp in hand no later than June 28. Im hoping its much much sooner.

Mine just went pending 5-22-08 looks like November before I get her .

Check was cashed 3/19/13

TBAC 22L-1 and an Osprey 45. Putting these on the same trust that I already recieved my TBAC 30P-1 on.
Hope to have them by Jan of 2014

Mailed: 06/07/13
Check cashed: 6/18/13
Pending:
Approved:
Stamp Received: 3/14/14

Last edited:
Well that blows.....that was one of the major reasons I was going to do it.

Tapatalk2

Generally speaking, nowadays Trusts are taking longer because the ATF lawyers have to read through each Trust to make sure that it is valid. Here in PA, my buddy's Trust transfers have been taking eight months and my LLC/Corp transfers are taking about 5.5 months.

My Spectre II was 6 month 3 weeks from mailed packet to stamp received. Also bought and sent in stamp for a Specwar 762 today. Prob will see it in 8 months.

Silencerco SParrow
Form 4 on a trust

Mailed: oct 31 2012
check cashed : nov 7
Form 4 arrived at FFL : june 4 2013
listening to that first quiet shot: worth the wait!

there was a bit of a delay as my Schedule B had to be resubmitted (3 times) because the page number on the footers didnt match up as page 15 of 15. I was given an editable copy of my trust schedules as a seperate document of only two pages so it was showing page 2 of 2 on the footer when i submitted it (with the bank account listed as an asset).

apparently the devil IS in the details!

Form 4 on a trust in Tennessee
SilencerCo 45 Osprey

Ordered 45 Osprey: May 11, 2012
Invoiced for 45 Osprey: May 14, 2012
Mailed check to Silenced America: May 16, 2012
Gave paperwork to my local dealer: August 17, 2012
Mailed (According to dealer): August 20, 2012
Check cashed: November 19, 2012
Pending: November 30, 2013
Approved: May 1, 2013
Paperwork at my dealer: June 10, 2013
Can in my hand: June 10, 2013

1 year and 30 days from the day I ordered the can to the day I got it.
9 months and 21 days from date my paperwork was mailed to the day I got it.
5 months and 1 day from pending to approved.
2 hours and 46 minutes from the time I left the dealer to the time I had rounds going thru it.

Examiner: Dana Pickles

Form 4 Mailed: 02/10/13
Check cashed: 03/16/13
Pending: 05/18/13
Approved: 01/09/14
Stamp Received 01/14/14

Last edited:
Form 3 from in state dealer to in state dealer

Sent: 3/18
Approved 4/28
Form 4 Sent 4/30
Check Cashed 5/6
As of 6/12/2013 it's still not went pending :( Called today for the first time. I guess November is out of the question.

This is my record for a YHM QD 30 stainless.

Mailed: 01-22-2013
Check cashed: 02-15-2013
Pending: 03-26-2013 The wait begins. The end of September or October 2013 hopefully.
Reviewer Dana Pickels

Form 4 Trust
Check Mailed either 5-24 or 5-31. I can't remember.
Check cashed: 6-6-13

Judging by everyone's responses it's going to be a while. The last time I sent paperwork in it only took 2 months total.

Mine was almost exactly the same, even the dates.

Cashed 03/22/2013
Pending 05/21/2013

Yeah, mailed 3/4, check cashed 3/16 as I recall.....pending? Not so much, yet. Texas needs at least one more examiner to help with the work load.

Im thinking that wait times may be increasing. ATF fired the temporary contractors that were helping to process the NFA paperwork. Also cut out all overtime and take home work. They have rehired some of the contracted help, but I hope all this mess does not put us into year long wait times.

Im thinking that wait times may be increasing. ATF fired the temporary contractors that were helping to process the NFA paperwork. Also cut out all overtime and take home work. They have rehired some of the contracted help, but I hope all this mess does not put us into year long wait times.

They are also affected by the furloughs that the current administration thinks is saving money.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

I have been waiting 12 months for two cans. Just got a letter in the mail from the ATF saying that I needed to correct my app.
Looks like my Sheriff forgot to put his title. I guess my dealer didn't review it. So the wait continues. I hate waiting.

I have done many form 4 over the last few years and last few both selling and buying have been like 6 months on the nose, at least for us in PA.

form 4, about 8 months

You guys are still talking the way we used to, from pending to approved, right, without taking into account the previously minimal time between cashed check and pending? Or are you measuring from cashed check to approved? I hope that they are possibly just cashing checks later, but I'm afraid there's now a 3 month delay until cashing, THEN we start the 6-8 month wait.

Oh they cash the checks right away but that doesn't mean they go pending right away.
Not necessarily. I sent a check to them in mid-February and it didn't clear the bank for almost 6 weeks. You'd think they would be eager for the money, but it seems they are using this check cashing as an extra "waiting period".

Form 4 Individual. Check cashed on 04/14/13 and did not go pending until 06/14/13. Was told to expect a full 9 months before approval.

What A PITA
Form 4 Individual TBAC 30P-1
Sent:12/12/12
Check cashed:12/18/2012
Pending:05/29/2013
Approval:08/02/2013
my dealer just called me and told me he got all the paperwork and I can come pick it up ...... just shy of 8 months......

Last edited: