• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hold on gentlemen. Please realize this is only for Form 1 dealer to dealer transfers. This is not for the Form 4 (ATF FORM 5320.4) transfer to individuals, trusts or corporations. All of us non-FFL SOT Class 3 license holders still have to mail it in like normal.

If I am wrong, please someone provide me with a link to ATF to complete the eform. Searching the terms "eforms" only brought up Form 6 and 4473 transfers. In fact, hell, I hope I am wrong.

You can't file a form 4 e-file as an individual or trust. Only form 1's.

I did read of the form 1 getting approved in 3 months on a e-file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer e-filed some Form-4's for me on 03 November. Got email confirmations of each $200 "e-payment", too.

Required PDF scans of the trust, compliance cert, form-4 faces, and the wet-signature back-side as the trustee...

Hold on gentlemen. Please realize this is only for Form 1 dealer to dealer transfers. This is not for the Form 4 (ATF FORM 5320.4) transfer to individuals, trusts or corporations. All of us non-FFL SOT Class 3 license holders still have to mail it in like normal.

If I am wrong, please someone provide me with a link to ATF to complete the eform. Searching the terms "eforms" only brought up Form 6 and 4473 transfers. In fact, hell, I hope I am wrong.

Form 1 is for an individual/trust/corp to "make" an SBR, SBS or suppressor. A form 3 is the dealer to dealer transfer of which you speak, which can be efiled as well. I just had one (form 3) efiled back in Sept and it took 14 days for approval.

According to NFA Tracker today

Suppressor
Form 4 Trust
eFiled Aug 6
Arrived Aug 6
Payment Aug 6
Pending Aug 9
Approved Nov 8
Stamp Received Nov 8

Pretty amazing if true.

Required PDF scans of the trust, compliance cert, form-4 faces, and the wet-signature back-side as the trustee...

Was this for a silencer? ATF eForms Bulletin 9-17-13 states "Transferee Certification: For Form 4, if the firearm is a machinegun, short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun, or destructive device, item 15 of Form 4 must be completed by the transferee. This cannot be completed in the eForms system so the certificate must be completed on a hard copy and submitted as an electronic document. We suggest that the FFL have paper copies of Form 4 on hand so that the transferee can complete item 15."

Regarding compliance certification, it states "When the maker or transferee is a legal entity, Form 5330.20 (generally known as the non-immigrant alien certification) is not required."

Was this for a silencer? ATF eForms Bulletin 9-17-13 states "Transferee Certification: For Form 4, if the firearm is a machinegun, short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun, or destructive device, item 15 of Form 4 must be completed by the transferee. This cannot be completed in the eForms system so the certificate must be completed on a hard copy and submitted as an electronic document. We suggest that the FFL have paper copies of Form 4 on hand so that the transferee can complete item 15."

Regarding compliance certification, it states "When the maker or transferee is a legal entity, Form 5330.20 (generally known as the non-immigrant alien certification) is not required."

Yes, for suppressors.

I've always signed a Cert of Compliance, and I've always signed Item 15. I just didn't want to change what's "worked so far" for the e-filing.
With all of the new people "validating" paperwork and sending stuff back for weird 'omissions' and errors, I didn't want to give a reason.

I'll pass the info to my dealer. Thanks.

Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.

Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.

You just rained on my parade!

Good. people filing their forms in September and October don't need to be jumping ahead of the rest of us who have items in the system from January and February.

NFA is not providing updated status information. I phoned today to check on a Form 4 that was 2nd pending in mid August. All they would say today is that it was assigned to an examiner in April and should be out in January. When I specifically asked about activity since April, "That's all I have."

Wow. I haven't check this thread in a long while. Last I heard wait times were 7-8 months at max. I sent off 3 form 1's first of July and a form 4 in mid Aug.

Let the waiting game begin. Like to fool myself into believing that eFiling will speed things up, but not holding my breath.

Suppressor
Form 4 Texas Trust
eFiled: November 14th, 2013
Check "cashed": ?
Pending: ?
Approved Nov: ?
Stamp Received: ?

Form 4 trust
7.62 sdn6
Forms sent 2/12/13
Pending 8/1/13
Approved sometime in the next 5-6 months
Examiner Jason frushour (Missouri)

I know this has been beaten into the ground, but If they can process/approve these quickly why don't they continue to? Just kills me. This is something the government does that actually generates revenue. Thank you for entertaining my rant - I feel better. No need to respond ;)

DAMN! It took damn near SIX MONTHS to go pending?! That is insane!
That's what I thought but then I heard about some people getting a "2nd pending" that was supposed to mean awaiting final approval which could take 90 days. Who knows!

Individual Form 4 sent 9/10/13
Pending: 10/30/13

Lady I spoke with today is claiming 9mo from pending date. Little different than 12-15mo quoted to some....

When you add in the time for the check to be cashed and the wait time between that and pending date it is close to 12 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are sveral more on the tracker that were efiled and approved in just a couple months. Some very recent, so more than just a trial to see how it goes on a few. Either way its bullshit since mine has been pending for 8 months now.

When you add in the time for the check to be cashed and the wait time between that and pending date it is close to 12 months.

My class 3 dealer told me the ATF tends to cash the checks they get pretty quick, usually inside one week.... then takes 6+ months to process the paperwork it came with. I have yet to send my check so don't quote me on that but I don't see why he would make it up. Having said that, the wait optimistically has been around 8 months for most of his orders. I'm just hoping for next summer..

My class 3 dealer told me the ATF tends to cash the checks they get pretty quick, usually inside one week.... then takes 6+ months to process the paperwork it came with. I have yet to send my check so don't quote me on that but I don't see why he would make it up. Having said that, the wait optimistically has been around 8 months for most of his orders. I'm just hoping for next summer..
Yes they cash quick with in a week and then you wait for pending status which used to be just a couple weeks and now can be months. My Last Form 4 that I submitted in Feb 13 didn't hit pending status until April 13 and I am still waiting for approval. When you add on a Form 3 to 3 transfer it will add another 6-10 weeks to transfer. My last dealer to Dealer took 3 1/2 months which I hope is getting better. The suppressor that I am talking about actually started the process in Oct 2012 with a dealer to Dealer and then to my Form 4. My overall time will be 14 months.

My dealer e-filed some Form-4's for me on 03 November. Got email confirmations of each $200 "e-payment", too.

My Class III dealer did the same thing (Form 4 - Trust), and my payment was charged with 24 hours. The next day, he sent me a .pdf file that he received back, with a "Submitted" waterstamp across the first page of the document. So it looks like you can indeed do Form 4s via E-file.

Update: Some of the posts here had me worried so I called ATF and got a status update. My form 4 was indeed in the system, and went Pending the day my Class 3 dealer and I entered it online. They said I should get the stamp 9-10 months from the Pending date.

Last edited:
Just how does the dealer do the E File? Do they have to be set up on some system or do they scan it and file it,

Good. people filing their forms in September and October don't need to be jumping ahead of the rest of us who have items in the system from January and February.

There are sveral more on the tracker that were efiled and approved in just a couple months. Some very recent, so more than just a trial to see how it goes on a few. Either way its bullshit since mine has been pending for 8 months now.

They (NFA Branch) is implementing a new system which speeds up the approval time. If it works, it will be the new standard to which we expect these approvals to come through. Just because a small percentage of applicants will get screwed in the waiting game because they were some of the last to submit hard copies doesn't mean that "its bullshit". What do you guys think should happen??? Should they hold off on implementing the new system until you get your forms??? This would backlog the new system before it even began turning out approvals. Stop crying and move on with life. You can always cancel your hard copy and get a refund on the $200 check you sent in and then file electronically if you think that will work better. And yes, I have both a hard copy waiting as well as an eform so just buy another toy and forget about them all until some exciting mail arrives.

They (NFA Branch) is implementing a new system which speeds up the approval time. If it works, it will be the new standard to which we expect these approvals to come through. Just because a small percentage of applicants will get screwed in the waiting game because they were some of the last to submit hard copies doesn't mean that "its bullshit". What do you guys think should happen??? Should they hold off on implementing the new system until you get your forms??? This would backlog the new system before it even began turning out approvals. Stop crying and move on with life. You can always cancel your hard copy and get a refund on the $200 check you sent in and then file electronically if you think that will work better. And yes, I have both a hard copy waiting as well as an eform so just buy another toy and forget about them all until some exciting mail arrives.
You make a very good point however I don't think it is a very small percentage. I also have very little faith that anything the government does could run that smooth for long, I give it 6 months and the e-filed formed are backed up a year plus also. I also don't understand how it can knock nine months off the process. Sure the forms get there faster and the stamp gets returned faster but the paperwork still has to be looked over by the examiner. I could understand this speeding it up by a couple weeks but not 9-10 months. If it stays this way great! The bullshit is there is no reason either process should take more than a couple months.

I just talked to NFA about my Form 4...they indicated 9 months from receipt to approval. They received my paperwork March 25, 2013 and said I should have it back near the end of December. Form 4 went pending on May 25, 2013.

Last edited:
Saw a form 4 come in last week that was dated and mailed 3/6/13...yet another form dated 3/7/13 still hasn't gone to approved status yet.

Sent a form 4 in end of Feb and have not heard anything. Donds like it is getting close!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I just talked to NFA about my Form 4...they indicated 9 months from receipt to approval. They received my paperwork March 25, 2013 and said I should have it back near the end of December. Form 4 went pending on May 25, 2013.

Thanks for the update! My own Form 4 went pending May 22nd so I'm hoping mine will arrive somewhere around the same time.