• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick question about the part in bold. If I'm doing an in-state, individual to individual transfer, would I use the sellers name when calling?

And I have a surplus of patience at this point, I want to see if the NFA beats my gunsmith.

I haven't done a individual/individual, but my assumption would be that they would want the person who is transferring it to you. Maybe someone else can comment on that, but either way that is info I'm sure you know and can provide.

I thought the same thing when I filed mine in nov. last year... Custom rifle build was still being dreamt up, and vortex hadn't even announced the Gen II razor HD 4.5-27.... Got both of those and suppressor "should be by the end of the month". Waiting still sucks... But it's definitely worth it!

This is so ridiculous that the process takes this long.

Youre telling me... i just finished my 2nd 5 year top secret/ SCI background investigation for the Air Force. They look at everything I have ever done in the last 10 years and expect me to provide witnesses. They've interviewed 20+ people that I know of. But no, I'm sure the ATF will find something in their 3 minutes worth of computer key smashing.

Youre telling me... i just finished my 2nd 5 year top secret/ SCI background investigation for the Air Force. They look at everything I have ever done in the last 10 years and expect me to provide witnesses. They've interviewed 20+ people that I know of. But no, I'm sure the ATF will find something in their 3 minutes worth of computer key smashing.
Ha! Now if that doesn't take the cake, I don't know what does!

Paper work was started in January to Form 1 from Silencershop to my dealer and Form 4's were sent mid February.
Pending March 28th.
Approved Aug 25th.
Stamp and cans in hand September 1st! (very surprising!)
PA - Claudia V. Fuller

Surefire SOCOM 556 RC FDE
Pending March 18th

Approved AUG 14

Gonna test it out tomorrow on the MK18!

Alan

Sorry, newbie question. How do you know your form 4 went pending?

Curious as I have my form 4 in for right at a month.

Thanks!

Sorry, newbie question. How do you know your form 4 went pending?

Curious as I have my form 4 in for right at a month.

Thanks!

Call the dreaded BATFE, provide them with your Serial Number, and they will till you just how bad you got it...

Surefire SOCOM 556 RC FDE
Pending March 18th

Approved AUG 14

Gonna test it out tomorrow on the MK18!

Alan

Was that an efile? 5 months sounds great! I went pending on a paper form 4 in July (even though it was submitted in May). Either way it would be great if it came through in December.

Was that an efile? 5 months sounds great! I went pending on a paper form 4 in July (even though it was submitted in May). Either way it would be great if it came through in December.

No it was paper individual form 4, not trust. I sent my paperwork out for my 45 OCTANE HD yesterday too so hopefully it comes sooner than later as well. Might get another 22 can (Spectre II) and register a LMT lower for another SBR - then I'm done! :) I've said this before though haha but the wait times aren't too bad now.

Alan

silencerco-
spectre ii
octane 45
specwar 762

submitted- january 22, 2014
approved- july 27, 2014
in my hands- august 08, 2014

Last edited:
Hell ya they take walk in's now !
I flew out 2 days ago to the ATF office, handed them my trust forms and 30 minutes later I walked out with all 3 of my stamps ! 10 minutes a stamp ! How crazy is this they even validated my parking, and gave me a free lunch pass.
Well worth the $500 flight, I'm flying back out next week to do a few more stamps.

Is this true? can you actually do this?

Thx C.

TBAC 30BA - Purchased during the last TBAC Group Buy

Purchased: 10/10/2013
Form 3 Filed: 10/22/2013
Form 3 Cleared: 12/02/2013
Shipped to FFL: 12/04/2013
FFL Received: 12/10/2013
Form 4 Submitted: 12/13/2013
Check Cashed: 01/07/2014
Pending: 03/07/2014
Approved: 08/21/2014
Stamp Received: 09/07/2014
Approver: Carol Ripley

Purchased Nov
Mailed form 4 Jan
Check cashed Feb10
Pending March 24
Problem Status 9/8 - Caliber not legible or length on suppressor. :/

Also posted on ar15.com

Silencerco SpecWar 762

Purchase: 3/27/2014 (Dakota Silencer)
Form 4 mailed: 4/9/2014 (trust - paper)
Form 4 approved : 9/5/2014

just under 5 months. waiting on the stamp to show up!
my first can. pretty excited.

Got a call yesterday from my dealer that my F4 arrived for my TBAC 30BA. So freaking excited since this is my first!

Forms Sent: 3/8/14
Forms Arrived: 3/11/14
Check Cashed: 3/13/14
Stamp Received: 9/9/14

Last edited:
I was at the gun store today and someone was picking up a suppressor. I asked how long, April to Sept. 5 months.

I sent in 3 forms the first of April, still waiting but by the sounds of it, not for long.

The anticipation of 1 can is one thing, 3 is 3x worse.

2x Form 4 individual
mailed: 14 July 2014
received: 22 July 2014
checks cashed: 29 July 2014
PCS assignment to Korea received 18 August 2014, damn...

I filed mine while I was in Germany to get the ball rolling I still ended up waiting a 8 months or so before I got it after returning to the States. This sucks you are going the other way.

Form 1 SBR on Trust Submitted 16 March 2013
Stamp Recieved 4 Feb 2014

TBAC 338BA
Form 3 Sent 7 Dec 2012
FFL Recieved 26 Dec 2012
Form 4 Sent 16 March 2013(was out of country)
Stamp received 3 Mar 2014

In the boat with you Norm received one 3 Mar and Submitted the SOCOM 7.62-RC 7 Mar went eForm this time.

SOCOM 7.62 RC on Trust
Submitted 7 Mar 2014
Approved 22 Sep 2014

Filed E-form but was told in June that the system had crashed before my application took but my dealer was still sending in paper forms as well........not sure how it all that works but they got the approved stamp back today 6 months 15 days purchase to the dealer receiving it. Now I am back in the sandbox and wont get to play with it until June!

Last edited:
Always feels like forever, my son and I did our Gun Trust by E-file and received or Tax Stamps in about 4 months. Filing paper was 9-12 months at that time.

Figured I'd chime in with some great news. My class 3 dealer just got a paper form 4 trust back in 5 months and 6 days.

Damn am I glad to hear that!

Figured I'd chime in with some great news. My class 3 dealer just got a paper form 4 trust back in 5 months and 6 days.

Damn am I glad to hear that!

EDIT: he just text me and said he received 3 more in 5 months and 13 days! I just wish these were for the cans I have in jail..

Last edited:
338BA purchased through the last group buy

Trust
Purchased on 07-10-2014
Form 3 filed on 07-16-2014
Form 3 cleared on 09-09-2014
Form 4 sent on 09-16-2014
Form 4 delivered on 09-19-2014

Spoke with my dealer just the other day and he stated the same as others. He is seeing form 4's completed in the 5 month time frame now as well. Definitely a good sign.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised...

Form 1 SBR
Texas Trust
Submitted (paper/mailed in): June 10th 2014
Approved: September 6th 2014
Stamp in hand: September 22nd 2014

Little over 3 months!

Last edited:
SOCOM 7.62 RC on Trust
Submitted 7 Mar 2014
Approved 22 Sep 2014

Filed E-form but was told in June that the system had crashed before my application took but my dealer was still sending in paper forms as well........not sure how it all that works but they got the approved stamp back today 6 months 15 days purchase to the dealer receiving it. Now I am back in the sandbox and wont get to play with it until June!

That really does suck. Especially with the Hunting with suppressor being legal now in Alabama. =/

Pleasantly surprised...

Form 1 SBR
Texas Trust
Submitted (paper/mailed in): August 10th 2014
Approved: September 6th 2014
Stamp in hand: September 22nd 2014

Little over 3 months!
August 10 to September 22 is not 3 months, unless I'm missing something. I'm in TX too. I filed paper with trust also. So, wtf is with that. Are form 1s generally faster than form 4s?

August 10 to September 22 is not 3 months, unless I'm missing something. I'm in TX too. I filed paper with trust also. So, wtf is with that. Are form 1s generally faster than form 4s?

My bad. You are absolutely correct. I meant to put June 10th to Sept 22nd. Will edit the original post.

My last 2 Form 1s took 6+ months so this was great.

My bad. You are absolutely correct. I meant to put June 10th to Sept 22nd. Will edit the original post.

My last 2 Form 1s took 6+ months so this was great.

WTF? Why is there always so much variation with the ATF? My check was cashed on 5/13/14, but I still haven't heard anything. I'd just love to know how to get in the "short" line at this grocery store! There must be a secret handshake...

WTF? Why is there always so much variation with the ATF? My check was cashed on 5/13/14, but I still haven't heard anything. I'd just love to know how to get in the "short" line at this grocery store! There must be a secret handshake...

I hear you, I have an individual form 4 that was cashed in March. It's frustrating to see some things moving faster than others.

Form 4 trust
mailed 4-7-14
check cashed 4-14-14
Pending 4-25-14
Approved 9-5-14
No word from dealer yet. Hoping this isn't a case of it getting lost in the mail.

Form 4 wait time

Form 4 trust
mailed 4-7-14
check cashed 4-14-14
Pending 4-25-14
Approved 9-5-14
No word from dealer yet. Hoping this isn't a case of it getting lost in the mail.

I should be right there. So close! I'm still waiting for approval. Who was your examiner?

What does a second pending date mean?
Check cashed 4-1
Pending. 4-17
Pending 2. 5-31
Approval. TBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was just in my buddy's shop and overheard him talking to one of his customers who submitted a form 1 for and SBR a month ago via eFile and he just received it a couple days ago. I couldn't believe my ears, but my friend confirmed... Anyhow:

Form 1 (eFile)
Submitted: 9/26/2014
Pending:
Approval:

Form 4 (Snail Mail)
Submitted: 9/17/2014
Check Cashed:
Still need to call and see if my money order was cashed. I need to order personal checks......

CB brake comes in tomorrow. Also dropping 50% down to get my dealer to order the CB9. Will take some time three months for form 1, hopefully four or so for form 4.