• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I recently did 2 eFile Form 1s. Exactly 4 weeks for approval and email of the "stamp"

Hot damn! Haven't heard from the shop I purchased from, but just called ATF and both form 4s were APPROVED September 11th! On hold with shop now to see if they have the paperwork.......

......paperwork not at the shop yet. Ugh. Should be there soon.

Form 4 with trust
Should have been efiled in February
Got paper filed in April
Went pending May 5
Approved Sept 11
Waiting on papers to dealer

I should be right there. So close! I'm still waiting for approval. Who was your examiner?

What does a second pending date mean?
Check cashed 4-1
Pending. 4-17
Pending 2. 5-31
Approval. TBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure who my examiner was, was too excited after hearing the words "it was approved" to ask. The approval date (Sep 5) sank in after I hung up and looked at my watch. Damn, almost a month has gone by and I still haven't heard word that the stamp was received.
I searched around and it seems that they won't mail a certified copy inside of 30 days after approval anyway. So, I guess I'll wait until the 5th of Oct and if I still haven't heard any word regarding the stamp arriving, then I'll call up the ATF and request a certified copy. Sucks because I've heard that takes an additional 30 days.
Ordered 3 cans, one stamp (possibly) ends up missing. That's a hell of a batting average.

Update.....

Trust - Texas
Purchased on 07-10-2014
Form 3 filed on 07-16-2014
Form 3 cleared on 09-09-2014
Form 4 sent on 09-16-2014
Form 4 delivered on 09-19-2014
check cashed on 09-25-2014

Called my dealer today (Engage Armament) to ask if they're getting Form 4s back from April-May yet. Yep. One from last week of April, one from first week of May.

My Socom 7.62 went pending May 6 - or so I was told in June when I called ATF.

Out of curiosity (and because the guy at EA suggested it), I called ATF and was told my Form 4 went pending April 28 (I think, paper's on my desk downstairs).

Now back to sitting by the phone waiting for my dealer to call.

I didn't track the progress as I was ADD enough about waiting.
Form 4 Trust.
YHM 3300 Ti QD .30cal.
My cashiers check was endorsed on March 6th.
Been reading all about the new arrivals so called the BATF. Gentleman told me I was approved Sept 19th. Figured has to be at my dealer, so give em a call. Sure enough, arrived a few days ago. Picked up yesterday. Range time today to confirm POI. And just have fun.
Sure looks sexy on the Savage.

WOO-HOO! It's back :)

Form 4 Trust - Paper filed

Purchased: 4/1/14
Mailed: (sometime a week or two later — we were waiting to see if the e-file system was going to come back online)
Check Cashed: Mid-May, around 5/13/14 if I recall correctly
Stamp arrived at dealer: October 2nd, 2014.

In hand: As soon as I can find two hours to make the round trip to the store!!!

You guys are giving me hope! My check was cashed mid June. C'mon deer hunting in November/December with my can!

Form 4, suppressor, individual.

3-13-14 Mailed to ATF

3-24-14 Check cashed at ATF

4-10-14 Went pending,

Called on 9-22-14, ATF said December!

FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Form 4 - 5 months and three weeks. Would have been five months even if it had sat three weeks on desk after approval(approve date to postmark!)

Octane 45 purchased: 04/28/14
Trust mailed: 05/02/14
Check cashed: 05/05/14
Pending: 05/09/14

Approved: 09/02/14
Stamp Delivered: 09/26/14

I was so freaked out when it showed up that I immediately bought another suppressor ;)

Gettin' quicker !!!
Dealer just called that stamp arrived Friday.

Silencerco Harvester purchased: 05/09/14
Trust mailed: 05/10/14
Check cashed: 05/13/14
Pending: Never checked

Approved: Don't know yet
Stamp Delivered: 10/03/14

Will pick up tomorrow.

Octane 45 purchased: 04/28/14
Trust mailed: 05/02/14
Check cashed: 05/05/14
Pending: 05/09/14

Approved: 09/02/14
Stamp Delivered: 09/26/14

I was so freaked out when it showed up that I immediately bought another suppressor ;)

Sort of glad to see that I am not the only one having my approved form4 sit on a desk for three weeks before being mailed.

Just received my Octane 45HD

Form 4 Mailed: 5/12/2014
Check Cashed: 5/20/2014
Approved: 9/28/2014
Stamp Delivered: 10/3/2014

4-Months and 3-weeks. Fastest stamp yet. Two left

Sort of glad to see that I am not the only one having my approved form4 sit on a desk for three weeks before being mailed.

Roger that... while it's blatantly obvious that the BATF is far from having there shit together; it's a nice to see wait times cut in half.

My Form #4 from March was approved 9/27. My dealer still has not received it.. Hoping it comes in this week.

All of these went on paper:

Form 4 number one: Liberty Essence .22, sent in early March, approved Sept. 06 but didn't arrive until Sept. 28th or so.

Form 4 number two: Elite Iron Alpha .50BMG, sent in May, pending, expect it by December.

Form 1: SBR .300BLK AR, filled out in May and sent in June I think (law took effect July 01) approved Sept. 22, arrived Sept. 26th or so. I was told to expect a one year or longer wait on this one so I was quite surprised.

I only waited about six months for my SDN6 when cans went legal here a few years back. So things move relatively well here IMO, at least considering some of the wait times some of you face around the country.

FWIW my dealer said yesterday that, at least here, the Form 1's are coming back quite a bit faster than the From 4's are (and that's my experience too). I plan on filling out a few more of them while the wait times are good on these.

Good news for those who had to do it by mail. I purchased my SF Socom May 16th and got a call from my dealer stating my stamp is in today Oct 6th. 5 months not to bad at all. it was a surprise to say the least. I was betting Christmas to Feb.

Good news for those who had to do it by mail. I purchased my SF Socom May 16th and got a call from my dealer stating my stamp is in today Oct 6th. 5 months not to bad at all. it was a surprise to say the least. I was betting Christmas to Feb.

Mine was the same. Less than six months is much better than I was anticipating.

Trust Mailed 9/ 24 / 14
Check Cashed 9/30/14

Last edited:
Well, after a bit of mis-dis-information, I am now finally getting the ball rolling...

Process of Form 4 in Colorado...

NFA Trust
Paper Form 4 - Submitted 10/03/2014
Check Cashed - 10/09/2014
Stamp Received - To be determined
Can in Hand - Can't hardly wait!!

Updates to come... hopefully soon.

DK

Last edited:
YHM 3300 Ti QD .30cal.
Picked up yesterday. Range time today to confirm POI. And just have fun. Sure looks sexy on the Savage.

We need to start posting some pics of the Form 4 sexy beasts!! Just to help calm the other Form 4 wait time jitters... ;)

DK

Gemtech Halo

Mailed: May 5th
Check Cashed: May 15th
Approved: September 28th
In hand: Still waiting for the stamp

All of these went on paper:

Form 4 number one: Liberty Essence .22, sent in early March, approved Sept. 06 but didn't arrive until Sept. 28th or so.

Form 4 number two: Elite Iron Alpha .50BMG, sent in May, pending, expect it by December.

Form 1: SBR .300BLK AR, filled out in May and sent in June I think (law took effect July 01) approved Sept. 22, arrived Sept. 26th or so. I was told to expect a one year or longer wait on this one so I was quite surprised.

I only waited about six months for my SDN6 when cans went legal here a few years back. So things move relatively well here IMO, at least considering some of the wait times some of you face around the country.

FWIW my dealer said yesterday that, at least here, the Form 1's are coming back quite a bit faster than the From 4's are (and that's my experience too). I plan on filling out a few more of them while the wait times are good on these.

UPDATE: Turns out that I won't have to wait until December for Form 4 number two after all: it came back just a couple days after I posted the above! Picking it up soon. So the .22 can that I just picked up was filed in March or so, and the .50BMG in May, but both came back nearly the same time (within a week of each other at the end of September) and both were on paper Form 4's. The paper Form 1 came back in just four months too. So wait times here haven't been nearly as bad as I expected, given the delays and all. In fact, they've been kind of speedy, comparatively.

Form 4 trust

Griffin armament M4SDII suppressor

Pending -Apr 29

Approved Sept 30

Stamp in hand Oct 8

Multiple Silencerco cans ordered with credit card 3/15 (trust).
Shop waited until May 15 to paper file (hoping for e-file restart)
NFA has said weekly "no record" from mid Aug to late Sept.
NFA said "received and pending" on Aug 28
NFA said "expect by May" on August 28
Relieved and pissed, all at once