• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Couldn't tell you when my check cashed but my form 4 single person trust took 7 months and one week, got the can back in May, first barcode form my FFL sent out

I'm sitting at about 7 months right now since my check was cashed. Just found out my FFL is going to be gone for the next 3-4 months! He's trying to find someone who can 'cover' him and finish the paperwork when it comes through. Is there anything that can be done on my end to make sure I can actually get my can even if he's out of town? Is it possible for him to transfer it to another FFL?

I'm sitting at about 7 months right now since my check was cashed. Just found out my FFL is going to be gone for the next 3-4 months! He's trying to find someone who can 'cover' him and finish the paperwork when it comes through. Is there anything that can be done on my end to make sure I can actually get my can even if he's out of town? Is it possible for him to transfer it to another FFL?

Hopefully he can get someone to finish you up, 4473 is the last step that needs to be done. As you can Not transfer to another SOT w/o starting all over again!

I dont know how relevant this is, but I thought I would share-
I purchased my first can on March 31st. The ATF did not cash the payment until May 8th.

I recently purchased a second can. The stamp was purchased August 20th and the check was cashed on September 1st.

Thats more than a month for the first one and a little more than a week for the second. Fingers crossed that this could mean things are being processed more quickly.

If anyone ever told me that I compare favorably to the Post Office or ICE for communications and professionalism I would take it as a grave insult.

Reactions: WoobieJ
I purchased my Omega back in mid March. I have now patiently waited 6 months though when I bought it I expected more like 7 months.

Rant on
Six months, seven months, whatever. It's absolutely ridiculous. Why the hell are we electronically strip searched up one side and down another as if we're trying to engage in a criminal activity when all we want is to make less noise. My hearing loss is very real and I double up my ear pro. But that does nothing for the concussion. Don't even want to yet consider a match where I might have to shoot from within something enclosed like a pipe. If I'm willing to go to the trouble of setting up a trust, get photographed and finger printed (for about the 10th time, literally) I sure as heck don't deserve the level of scrutiny that seems to be thrown our way. Already had numerous background checks for concealed carry permits. I guess I need yet another. Sheesh
Rant off

There, I feel a little better. Now back to waiting.

Reactions: deltawiskey
I purchased my Omega back in mid March. I have now patiently waited 6 months though when I bought it I expected more like 7 months.

Rant on
Six months, seven months, whatever. It's absolutely ridiculous. Why the hell are we electronically strip searched up one side and down another as if we're trying to engage in a criminal activity when all we want is to make less noise. My hearing loss is very real and I double up my ear pro. But that does nothing for the concussion. Don't even want to yet consider a match where I might have to shoot from within something enclosed like a pipe. If I'm willing to go to the trouble of setting up a trust, get photographed and finger printed (for about the 10th time, literally) I sure as heck don't deserve the level of scrutiny that seems to be thrown our way. Already had numerous background checks for concealed carry permits. I guess I need yet another. Sheesh
Rant off

I hear ya,
I was hoping by this time the tyranny had gone on too long. But as we all know, it continues. The wait time is umpresadented. I'm happy to submit to the background check, but waiting 9 mo- a year seems a bit out of line.

Individual form 4 Silencerco Omega

Purchased 11/8/17

Check cashed 11/17/17

Approved 8/28/18

Picked up from dealer 9/11/18

I'm really wanting to hear more people say it was around 170-180 days or less from check cashed to approved/received.

I have noticed on different forums in the last couple of days that some of the ones stuck in fbi background check are coming in.

man i hope so......i have 3 in waiting, 2 with check cashed on 11/19/17 and the 3rd on 12/11/17. They have all been "pending, waiting on FBI background check" since the spring.

2 buddies both submitted January and February 2018 for cans through Silencershop. Form 4 Individual. Both got there cans exactly 6 months July and August 2018.

2 buddies both submitted January and February 2018 for cans through Silencershop. Form 4 Individual. Both got there cans exactly 6 months July and August 2018.
I submitted my form 4 individual in July and August. Fingers crossed for January approval.

Rant on
Rant off

I hear ya. Now, add to this, that some of us hold very high security clearances, granted by the same government that approves Form 4's. Go figure, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Smdh... Fraud, waste and abuse..

What do you do? Kidding kidding , I know your could tell me but you woukd have to kill me. But seriously you woukd think anyone serving the country would have an expedited process of like 60 days. Or none, that would work too.

Right? I mean, even TSA/FBI fast tracked my Pre-Check based on an active clearance (like, the next business day it was active). But BATF? Nope...smdh.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
FINALLY! Released from Jail!

TBAC Ultra 9 6.5mm
Purchase : February 10, 2018
Check Cashed: February 19th 2018 (9 days)
Stamp Date: September 1, 2018 (204 days)
Stamp @ Dealer: September 13, 2018 (216 days)

7 months and 4 days total from start to finish. Dealer said they have been very very close to that time +- 2 weeks since February.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
I wonder how much longer its going to take.

I have the KAC can which was from November and this last month I bought a Thunder Beast .22 and placed a KAC SBR.

Guess the trust is a poor choice now

I did the trust too. Purchased my TBAC Ultra 7 in late September of last year from Silencer Shop. According to the ATF, they are still waiting on background check to come back from the FBI. Going on nearly a year now.

same here, tbac 9 sent Aug 31, 17 still at FBI background check. Trust with only me and the wife on it. What gets me is it's the 9th item in the trust. You would think after being approved 8 previous times it would/could go quicker.

The ATF will not get any faster or more efficient because there is no requirement in writing that they are not meeting. If there was a written requirement to approve Form 4s in 90 days, they would hire more people and meet the requirement. It could be as simple as a Presidential directive to require the speed up, for that matter a PD could just remove silencers from the NFA act legislation. That wouldn't be the constitutionally correct way to do it, but it's how Obama did over half of his business. It is also easily overturned by the next President in office.

Trusts can be just as fast as individuals if done correctly and you get a little lucky. Read more on this, but short version, do the trust with just you on it and add people after it's approved.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Silencero Hybrid. 1 responsible person on trust.
March 3rd Form 4 sent
March 7th Check cashed
Sept 15th dealer called with stamp in hand
Sept 18th I go pick it up. Just in time for hunting season... ;)

form 4 can on trust with 2 rp's
Cashed-March 19
Approved 9/6/18
Stamp at FFL 9/14/18

Just under 6 months times are def coming down. I had a form 1 submitted same time with a same check cash date that was approved in mid July.

I purchased my suppressor on 3/31/18 but my check wasnt cashed for more than a month. The wait times on the Silencer Shop website shows that this is an accurate average. I just wish it could have been cashed more quickly! I may have received my suppressor a month earlier than when I am likely to get it. Oh well, it is what it is!

1. NFA Item: Supressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 6 Feb 2018 (Silencer Shop kiosk)
5. Delivered:
6. Check Cleared: 26 Feb 2018
7. Pending Date: 26 Feb 2018
8. Approved Date: 11 Sept 2018
9. Forms Received: 17 Sept 2018

6 1/2 months... Not bad I guess. This is my first can, pretty excited to play around with it!

Form 4 Individual
Dead Air
Sandman S
Ghost M
Check Cleared 3/9/18
Stamps at dealer
9/17/18

Two Form 4 Individuals from New York City.
SBR
Daniel Defense MK18
Credit Card Charged on 01/24/18
Received Tax Stamp on 08/11/18
Incorrect serial number on form 4 delayed the stamp for two weeks.

Suppressor
Surefire SOCOM556
Credit Card Charged on 03/01/18
Pending approval

SOCOM556 RC2 Approved on 09/14/18
Pending stamp arrival at Dealer.
Process began on 03/05/18, so total of 6 months + 10 days.

This is great news. I've had a pair of Form 1 / SBR stamps come back at the 4 month +/- time frame for single trustee trust. Form 4's submitted at same time haven't returned but I'm hoping it won't be too much more time.

What does anyone know about the process/backlog/staffing for Form 4 vs Form 1 applications that accounts for the differences in timing?

Individual Form 4 through Silencer Shop
Purchased Feb 17 2018
Check cashed Mar 11 2018
Stamp received Sep 21 2018

Bought from silencer shop.
Check cashed today.
Now the wait begins.
Trust with 2 RP
I already own a few so the wait shouldn't be as bad.......

Form 4 trust
Purchased 1/27/18
Submitted via single shot trust through SS 2/1/18
Approved 8/24/18
Picked up last week from dealer. Don't know how long it was there.

1. NFA Item: Supressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust (single responsible party)
4. Forms Sent: 26 Feb 2018 (Silencer Shop kiosk)
5. Delivered:
6. Check Cleared: 12 March 2018
7. Pending Date: 12 March 2018
8. Approved Date: 18 Sept 2018
9. Forms Received: 24 Sept 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: TXraisedhunting
I just paid for two cans yesterday through Silencer Shop but I have one of the older style trusts with three other people on it rather than the single shot trust. Am I reading everyone's experiences correctly that if you have multiple trustees you can pretty much add about 6 months to the "normal" wait time???

I don't know the answer to that. My buddy went through ss with a trust he and his wife are on. He submitted his early October last year and still hasn't received his. He was none to happy this morning when I sent him a picture of the approved email.

By the way I bought mine in November and didn't send the paper work in until February. He gave me shit about it, who's the dumb ass now.

Thanks KC.... I think it depends more on the examiner you get than anything else. I have a couple of suppressors already, sure wish they would take that into account. Way too much logic in that though!

I bet your buddy is pissed! I would be.... LOL

I just paid for two cans yesterday through Silencer Shop but I have one of the older style trusts with three other people on it rather than the single shot trust. Am I reading everyone's experiences correctly that if you have multiple trustees you can pretty much add about 6 months to the "normal" wait time???

I have my wife as a responsible person for two items so far, and two in jail. The first two didn’t take any longer then others.

Thanks Mercracing... That makes me feel a little better! I was a afraid I'd be getting the stamps for these in 2020 sometime!

Check cashed in April and hope to have back by end of this year

I’m HOPING(not expecting) times to drop some once the fiscal new year starts here and they hire more people.
Haven't seen anything where that request in the new budget for extra money to hire additional staff has ever been approved. Don't see it happening.