• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Form 4 Trust
Check Cashed 4/30/18
Approved 12/18/18
231 Days
Waiting for stamp!!
How many on your trust?
My check cash date was 4/9/18
They said we were in FBI background check when I called last week. All three of us have security clearance.

How many on your trust?
My check cash date was 4/9/18
They said we were in FBI background check when I called last week. All three of us have security clearance.

Just myself on the trust. I had been in "FBI Background Check" for at least a couple of weeks prior.

FWIW I spoke to the guys at silencershop regarding FBI Background Check status. They said FBI Background check and Pending are the exact same thing. So not sure why sometimes they say pending and other times they say in FBI BC.

Just myself on the trust. I had been in "FBI Background Check" for at least a couple of weeks prior.

FWIW I spoke to the guys at silencershop regarding FBI Background Check status. They said FBI Background check and Pending are the exact same thing. So not sure why sometimes they say pending and other times they say in FBI BC.
That’s interesting. Sounds like smoke and mirrors from the ATF.

May 7th check cashed call this morning, Waiting FBI. 6 in our trust, and 8 suppressors. I guess it will be after Christmas.

I also suspect that with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays a lot of Federal employees take a lot of time off. The class III section of the ATF isn't any different. Therefore, it's possibly another factor in seeing an increase in the wait times.

That's my theory. So I'm wondering if in previous years there has been an increase in wait times around the holiday season. Anyone have an answer for that?

201 days from cashed to approval on an individual with silencer shop had it about 2 months now

Atf will be shutting down between from the dec 24 to January 8 for relocation that's just fucking great more wait time plus . I believe that many will have there paper work misplaced . I'm at 204 days on form 4 individual and my paper work has yet to be assigned to and examiner.

I'm at 191 days since they charged my CC, I'm fucked. See ya in the spring...

Atf will be shutting down between from the dec 24 to January 8 for relocation that's just fucking great more wait time plus . I believe that many will have there paper work misplaced . I'm at 204 days on form 4 individual and my paper work has yet to be assigned to and examiner.

How do you even know if it's been assigned? They just tell me pending when I call?

I asked if it was pending FBI background the lady said no then I asked if it had been assigned to a examinershe said no . it goes from check cashed to pending then pending FBI background then approved . But if you ask for status of forms just be specific they will tell you just pending in most cases as the generic answer

So I ordered my 338 Ultra in March 2018. It arrived at my dealer on 10/17/18. So about 7 months on a form 4 trust. Though the Ultra-7 I ordered exactly one month later hasn't arrived yet so can't make heads or tails of it all.

My most recent was just sent in, but after reading all the issues with ballooning FBI wait time, and a few success stories involving Representative's or Senator's offices I'm planning on contacting my Representatives a month or so after I tick over whatever ECD the ATF gives me in the beginning. No one likes answering Congressionals, if enough come in, the FBI will be incentivised to try to find a way to run these NICS checks a little faster so they don't keep getting called onto the carpet every day.

I don't think I've ever seen any info on it, but is there any difference between the background check they run for this versus just a regular gun purchase at the local dealer? Does the ATF actually include the finger prints on the background request they send to them?

First can, Sico Omega...
form 4 individual
Purchased: 4/20/18
Check cashed: ?
Approved: 12/20/18
At dealer: 12/24/18

Merry Christmas me! Hope the rest of you waiting are not far behind.

Sounds like the 7 month average people throw around is complete bullshit.

Probably depends on when their last run though the NFA ringer was. 6-7 months was a decent guess for a while. Pending to approved, my first 3 F4s were 6 months ('12 and '14) and 5 months ( received Jan '18). Things went off the rails for a while after 41F for obvious reasons, and have gone back off the rails recently, for no apparent reason.

First can, Sico Omega...
form 4 individual
Purchased: 4/20/18
Check cashed: ?
Approved: 12/20/18
At dealer: 12/24/18

Merry Christmas me! Hope the rest of you waiting are not far behind.

Same, purchased 4/20 cashed 5/14, but nothing from FFL yet.

All 3 of mine this year (form 4 trust and I'm the only person on it) have been around 7-8 months. The last one ordered in mid-April has yet to come in though.

Reactions: WoobieJ
Can anyone explain the “trust” for me please?

A trust is great because if you have a spouse/kids or even a buddy that shoots you can have them on the trust. The “item” is put in the trusts name and registered to the trust. Therefor, anyone named on the trust can use it without you having to be there.

Also, before 41P took affect, the trust was a way to get around having to be fingerprinted and having the chief LEO approve.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Class III Examiner Working Without Pay.jpg

Can anyone explain the “trust” for me please?

I did it on my first SBR a couple years ago because the efile system was up and you didn't need CLEO notification / sign off, or fingerprints and it was simply easier to designate a beneficiary should anything happen to me.

With the passing of 41F now every responsible person on the trust needs to be fingerprinted and have a background check done. I believe there is CLEO notification but it is just that notification.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Hod dam this shit takes forever 6-1-2018 check cashed for me and like 214 days and my paper work has not been even assigned to a examiner retards need to get on the ball I'd be super pissed if I had to wait as long as some of you guys and it looks like I'm soon to be superpissed. I see why lots of people are building there on and saying hell with the atf.