• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD
Hod dam this shit takes forever 6-1-2018 check cashed for me and like 214 days and my paper work has not been even assigned to a examiner retards need to get on the ball I'd be super pissed if I had to wait as long as some of you guys and it looks like I'm soon to be superpissed. I see why lots of people are building there on and saying hell with the atf.
Highly, strongly, discouraged.........(n)

Yes, it takes too long, but it is the legal avenue. As long as the legal avenue exists, there is no reason to consider doing anything else. Wayyyyy too much to lose otherwise.

forms sent in 8-2ish
Checks cashed 12-13
ATF contacted dealer 12-27......forgot to include copies of trust............FML
I guess at least it was getting looked at....

Reactions: whoreable
Checked cashed for a trust with no one listed, on 6/4/2018
I decided to build my own using an eForm 1, on 12/12/2018 so we will see.

Hah! Most likely all furloughed employees will get paid for the time any of them were out but won’t have to make up any of the work they failed to do. For those that planned ahead and don’t actually live paycheck to paycheck it will just be an extended paid Christmas vacation.

Nice job, if you can get it!

Hah! Most likely all furloughed employees will get paid for the time any of them were out but won’t have to make up any of the work they failed to do. For those that planned ahead and don’t actually live paycheck to paycheck it will just be an extended paid Christmas vacation.

Nice job, if you can get it!
There is still no guarantee of that. The bill for back-pay has to pass both houses and signed by the POTUS.

Reactions: Holliday
There’s no way they won’t back pay employees! Not going to happen.
For the entire year of 1783, the Continental Army served without pay. When the Continental Congress did pay them it was for only three months of service.

Washington said that you could track the progress of his Army by the bloody footprints in the snow.

You are aware that was 235 years ago and a lot has changed to make us much softer in the intervening years!

How does it go? Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away... I put the chance of them not getting back pay at something slightly less than us going back to muskets.

You are aware that was 235 years ago and a lot has changed to make us much softer in the intervening years!

How does it go? Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away... I put the chance of them not getting back pay at something slightly less than us going back to muskets.
True. I just said that cause I wanted to share a little trivia today. No point in mind.

I use to bitch about my military career till I read that. My Father also told me how he froze his ass off in Northern Germany during WWII. So, I guess, I don't have too much to complain about for a Federal Employee.

I want to see a wall. Not a little wall but a big-ass wall. And, I may not see a paycheck for a while till it's built.

I'll never be the man that my Father was nor someone like a Continental soldier in 1783 but those folks sure provide me a lot of inspiration.

Reactions: gunman_7
Trying to bring this thread back to original intent.

Has anyone actually been able to confirm if the ATF reviewers are part of the class of government employees previously funded or belong to the class of essential government employees working during this partial shutdown?

Long shot, I completely agree with you!

Trying to bring this thread back to original intent.

Has anyone actually been able to confirm if the ATF reviewers are part of the class of government employees previously funded or belong to the class of essential government employees working during the partial shutdown?
I can't remember where I saw the link but I believe, yes, they are working during the shutdown. If I find it, I will post it.

F4 Individual
cashed 12/7/17
approved 12/20/18
378 Days

Went pending FBI back in April 2018, was ahead of schedule until it sat in that black hole for 6 months.

Reactions: whoreable
Spoke with ATF this AM. Absolutely no processing being done during shutdown. From previous conversations: “[A financial institution initially handles the forms and processes payment. The forms are then put into lock boxes and transferred to the ATF]” (paraphrased from memory) This explains why payments are still being processed.

Last edited:
I heard bitching about the FBI and their boolshit NFA process on the interwebs makes the examiners really put their nosed to the grindstone and power through the gigantic stack of forms just sitting on all their desks. Much faster! In fact, our bitching is like nails on a chalkboard to them! ;)

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Type: Form 4- Trust (Individual to Trust-me to my trust)
Mailed: April 24, 2018
Received:April 27, 2018
Card Charged: May 1st, 2018
Pending: May 2nd 2018
Approved: Dec 9th 2018 : 7 months 8 days pending to approval
Stamp received: Dec 15th 2018: 7 months 22 days to received in mail.

Hod dam this shit takes forever 6-1-2018 check cashed for me and like 214 days and my paper work has not been even assigned to a examiner retards need to get on the ball I'd be super pissed if I had to wait as long as some of you guys and it looks like I'm soon to be superpissed. I see why lots of people are building there on and saying hell with the atf.

I am curious about the "assigned to examiner" thing. I check on mine monthly and mine seem to jump from pending, pending, pending to approved.....?

The PO box we send the forms to is actually Bank of America. They take the checks out and cash them and then send forms to ATF.

This sucks that nothing is being processed but i get why with the shutdown. There needs to seriously be something done though, there is no reason these should take 9 months + to get these done.

Reactions: Holliday
that would seem strange to me letting a bank open documents pertaining to federal firearms laws and holding personal private data to sift through and remove forms of payment or process card transactions.

There's not a whole lot that government contractors can't do under the direction of the .gov . Opening letters, cashing checks and mailing forms is pretty pedestrian.

Really? It’s just mail and forms? So you see no opportunity for an avowed anti-2ndA company handling supposedly confidential NFA forms to abuse it? FISA started being abused before the ink was dry. The NSA was illegally surveiling all Americans, and lying about it to Congress, before our leaders made it legal. Clapper lied, and lied, and lies some more. To have ANY trust seems retarded to me.

What makes you trust BoA so completely? You think a private company is more or less trustworthy than government? How about Google and Facebook? You trust them more or less than BoA?

If any of the above were conspiracy theory I wouldn’t believe it. The fact that it’s all out in the open and not “secret” seems to make everyone just dismiss it. I don’t understand, and it infuriates me. Reality is ten times worse than most conspiracy theory that requires the complicity and absolute silence of hundreds of people. The reality is far more scary, because this Republic is run amok.

You ever see the details about the shitshow between BOA and Kelly McMillan ? BOA are a bunch of fucking hypocrites. If anyone thinks they aren't in bed with .gov, think again.
I closed my accounts w/ BOA after the 2008 crash. Yet a lot of folks didn’t and they got stronger. Folks will never learn.

Really? It’s just mail and forms? So you see no opportunity for an avowed anti-2ndA company handling supposedly confidential NFA forms to abuse it? FISA started being abused before the ink was dry. The NSA was illegally surveiling all Americans, and lying about it to Congress, before our leaders made it legal. Clapper lied, and lied, and lies some more. To have ANY trust seems retarded to me.

What makes you trust BoA so completely? You think a private company is more or less trustworthy than government? How about Google and Facebook? You trust them more or less than BoA?

If any of the above were conspiracy theory I wouldn’t believe it. The fact that it’s all out in the open and not “secret” seems to make everyone just dismiss it. I don’t understand, and it infuriates me. Reality is ten times worse than most conspiracy theory that requires the complicity and absolute silence of hundreds of people. The reality is far more scary, because this Republic is run amok.

Who is this tinfoil hat fueled rant aimed at? If it's me, go back and read my post again, I didn't say any of the stuff you're attributing to me.

I don't like or trust BOA and never said I did. I do find it hilarious that folks are surprised that the ATF hired a financial institution to strip checks out of tax applications, box the rest up and send them on to the ATF. If you think that's anywhere but the bottom of the list of most sensitive/critical work that contractors do for the government, you have no idea what's going on.

Also why would I cry about an anti-gun, anti-freedom company opening my tax application when they are working at the behest of a far more anti-gun, anti-freedom agency. We all realize who we are sending these forms to right? Aside from that, why be particularly concerned about what an anti company will do with my tax forms that amount to temporary prohibition followed by registration. That's the anti goal for all firearms, the NFA process is already right where they want it.

Personally I wish they would contract out the entire examiner process. It's way easier to match contract support to the bumps in demand with extra dough than to get slots for extra .gov bodies. Make the main metric number of forms processed at some QA level, wind them up and let them go.

Last edited:
You’re a fucking idiot if repeating recent current events equals a tinfoil hat. It’s not secret, it’s not a conspiracy, it’s people being caught abusing power at every level of government, exactly as the Founders predicted they would absent checks on said power. There are significantly less checks on a bank. If the government can’t hand your tax return to a private entity, how can they justify a private bank prosessing taxes? Or do you not understand what you’re buying?

I don’t disagree with any of that, but being dismissive of it as if it didn’t matter is what I take issue with. Then again, I’m sure you’re the Director of the CIA since you know everything there is to know about government and government contracting and think anyone who points out abuse wears a tinfoil hat. Since Snowden was just a contractor and had access to what he stole you’re not exactly teaching anyone anything that isn’t public knowledg, or displaying esoteric knowledge of the deep state, but party on Garth if it makes you feel good about yourself.

If the government can’t hand your tax return to a private entity, how can they justify a private bank prosessing taxes? Or do you not understand what you’re buying?

I don’t disagree with any of that, but being dismissive of it as if it didn’t matter is what I take issue with. Then again, I’m sure you’re the Director of the CIA since you know everything there is to know about government and government contracting and think anyone who points out abuse wears a tinfoil hat. Since Snowden was just a contractor and had access to what he stole you’re not exactly teaching anyone anything that isn’t public knowledg, or displaying esoteric knowledge of the deep state, but party on Garth if it makes you feel good about yourself.

They surely could hand your tax return to a private entity as long as that entity was under contract from the government to do some kind of work or service and was authorized access, just like BOA in this situation. We understand the difference between .gov handing a stack of papers to BOA and saying do whatever you want with these, and .gov handing a stack of papers to BOA along with money and a contract to perform a certain service within the scope of the government's interest, right?

I do have some experience with contacts, but what I said should really be apparent to everyone. It's a bit depressing that there is any real argument of the basic facts in my first post.

Of all the things you might want to be concerned about contractors doing at the direction of your government, taking $200 checks out of tax applications and depositiong them, really shouldn't even make the list.

I am currently almost 8 months in on a Form 4 Trust with 3 suppressors, government needs to hurry up and open so I can get these things. I may need to go to my dealer for a congical visit if they don’t hurry up. They did email him a question the other day on my trust paperwork so hopefully not a lot longer....

FYI, no forms are being processed until the government re-opens according to the email reply I received today from the ATF e-Form system.

Reactions: flyright
2 form 4 single shot trusts
purchased 11/23
cashed 12/20/18.
Screwed for hunting season next year at this point.

Putting 6 people and 8 cans on one trust. How bad did this hurt my wait time other than the shutdown. Should i have did it different.

Putting 6 people and 8 cans on one trust. How bad did this hurt my wait time other than the shutdown. Should i have did it different.
That's one of the reasons that I didn't do a trust. I knew that I would be the only one using the can but still wanted a vehicle to leave them to my beneficiaries. That's why I will have a Form-5 completed for them when the tax stamp is issued.

That's one of the reasons that I didn't do a trust. I knew that I would be the only one using the can but still wanted a vehicle to leave them to my beneficiaries. That's why I will have a Form-5 completed for them when the tax stamp is issued.
Could you please explain what a Form 5 is and does please.

you need the right trust, i have 3 people on my trust, but filed an amendment that requires BC on 1 responsible person, not 4.