• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well, just got everything wrapped up and sent in. Now for the long wait. ? here is hoping it’s more like a 3 months, but if my gambling record is any indication........

I just received my 3 form 4s back on Saturday. My check was cashed March 5th stamp was processed 1/31 we did a trust with 3 people and 3 suppressors. I heard from my dealer that the ATF had 45 contractors on staff for processing form 4s and once they were laid off they had to reapply if they wanted to come back to work there or they hired a bunch of newbies and it takes 3 months to train them so any new form 4s are looking at 12 to 18 months at this time.. glad I did mine when I did.

I just received my 3 form 4s back on Saturday. My check was cashed March 5th stamp was processed 1/31 we did a trust with 3 people and 3 suppressors. I heard from my dealer that the ATF had 45 contractors on staff for processing form 4s and once they were laid off they had to reapply if they wanted to come back to work there or they hired a bunch of newbies and it takes 3 months to train them so any new form 4s are looking at 12 to 18 months at this time.. glad I did mine when I did.

I meant to say May 5th so approximately 8 months for a trust to be approved with 3 people and 3 cans. And there was an error on my trust paperwork too. Guess I am a lucky one by the way it sounds

I meant to say May 5th so approximately 8 months for a trust to be approved with 3 people and 3 cans. And there was an error on my trust paperwork too. Guess I am a lucky one by the way it sounds
good to know. i sent in 5 in june so about a month behind you.

For you guys just jumping into getting your first can, never buy just one. As many of you can see, its addictive and we all have more than just one.

Has anyone done a FOIA request for how many apps are sent in each month,back log count, number approved, and current processors employed for each month ?

Well I made it before poss government shut down.
individual, ck cashed 5/17
approved 2/11 now for the mail!!!

PS of those that are waiting longer what are your cans pistol or rifle. may make a difference. this one is a pistol. stan

Fuck yeah you were... Mine is an individual 5/20/2018 and nothing

There was a fairly interesting article on the last page of Guns & Ammo recently about the Hearing Protection Act. How all the suppressor manufacturers had geared up production in anticipation of it getting passed. Then Parkland and Nashville happened and that really put an end to getting the NFA status changed. Explains why my local dealer deeply discounted his inventory of them last fall. According to the article the number of Form 4's sent in had slowed way down when people thought the law would be changed. So maybe the volume backlogged will level off before going back up now. Glad I sent in for 2 in the fall so I won't have to go through the long wait again.

Check cashed 5/5/18 - Called today and still pending. Single person trust.

I think we are going to be waiting for awhile unfortunately. I mean you’d think it’d be pretty quick given the slow down of forms going in but I guess not. Then add in the government shutdowns which is about to happen again we probably got a long way. I am 2 months behind uou on my last two. We should revolt because this stuff is getting stupid. It’s kind of like buying a house, paying for it in full then the gov giving you permission to move in it a few years from now. It’s complete BS.

So how will shifting the Form 4 processing to Oregon 1 Feb change this? Longer to get a new process going or shorter as it is outsourced and should ideally be more efficient?

Time will tell.

So how will shifting the Form 4 processing to Oregon 1 Feb change this? Longer to get a new process going or shorter as it is outsourced and should ideally be more efficient?

Time will tell.

Isn't that just the check cashing part? Send it there, they cash the check, then the forms get sent to WV?

I just saw that Trump will sign legislation to avoid another shutdown and declare an emergency to build the wall.

So, hopefully, things won't get any slower.

The sound of gunfire is the sound of freedom. It also sounds better when it's a pew-pew rather than a bang-bang:cool::D

Reactions: gunman_7
I called yesterday on my 255th day, sitting on the desk not even gone to the FBI. Anyone do a return during the process?

I just bought a harvester 300 last month.
Purchased 1/22/19
Check cashed 2/8/19
Approval nothing yet obviously.
Figured 8-10 months if I’m lucky.

Reactions: 1J04
6/4/2018 check cash date, I am thinking about trying to cancel and building one on a eForm 1.
I’ve inquired about that but heard it’s a real pain in the ass and will raise a bunch of issues so I’ll just wait it out. Hopefully by April will be here. Just my luck that less than a month after I sent mine in efile opened back up and they were running about 3-4 weeks. ?

My oldest one is now over 300 days since check cashed. Average times don't tell the whole story, there is so much variance in the wait times.

Reactions: WoobieJ
Ok, someone school me here. We all know this was a last ditch effort to help the company because SilencerCo was in some trouble, at least that’s how I understand it. And many of us bought into it and gave them an interest free loan. I am ok with that as long as I get my property because I’d hate to see one of the largest suppressor companies go away, but what if it didn’t work. What’s to stop them from filing bankruptcy and not handing us crap for our money? I mean in theory they could do this and just start up a new company with a different name with the money we just gave them, yes?

Ok, someone school me here. We all know this was a last ditch effort to help the company because SilencerCo was in some trouble, at least that’s how I understand it. And many of us bought into it and gave them an interest free loan. I am ok with that as long as I get my property because I’d hate to see one of the largest suppressor companies go away, but what if it didn’t work. What’s to stop them from filing bankruptcy and not handing us crap for our money? I mean in theory they could do this and just start up a new company with a different name with the money we just gave them, yes?
I don't think that's how bankruptcy works. And, SiCo sent out an email today saying sorry for the wait. They said everyone should have their BOGO suppressors shipped out by the end of June.

C96F9946-AA27-4987-8EF0-D52E48753369.gif

I'm not even sure what you're talking about. If you're talking about the BOGO, then I'm not sure what it has to do with Form 4 wait times.
What we are seeing for wait times increase are probably a combination of the government shut down, where they didn't process any forms for nearly a month and the post HPA realization, when people decided to buy more silencers again. The huge slow down that happened when HPA was being discussed hurt a bunch of companies, but more so for companies that were leveraged in order to increase production. I don't think you have a realistic worry about SilencerCo not shipping something that they owe you. They have always been great on customer service for me and with helping some of the guys I know where there was damage that was totally their fault. SilencerCo always came through. I can't say that for some other companies.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Does calling do anything other than get your hopes up that you're still pending?

ATF form 4 individual.

Pending: 18May18
Approved: 12Feb19
Arrived at dealer: 16Feb19

Of note, I had another can that has a pending date in August and it wasn't pulled forward with this one. Thought that was strange and inefficient.