• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Month 13 for me for 1 of 2 suppressors submitted on the same day, same paperwork. They gave me the .22 cal but not my .30 cal rifle. Meanwhile, in that period of time, I've most certainly harmed my hearing (hunting, ear muffs and foamies are never enough). Thanks.

Month 13 for me for 1 of 2 suppressors submitted on the same day, same paperwork. They gave me the .22 cal but not my .30 cal rifle. Meanwhile, in that period of time, I've most certainly harmed my hearing (hunting, ear muffs and foamies are never enough). Thanks.
I know how you feel... My original SOT got audited by the ATF (won't ever use them again...For MANY reasons). I bought 3 cans 1 day apart. I bought 2 the first day, and then 1 the following day. My 2 that I bought at the exact same time on Silencer Shop (same order), got cashed at the same time, but were approved 3 days apart...Which I thought was weird, but whatever, the stamps showed up 8 months to the day, after purchase...No hiccups, everything went smooth as glass.

The audit happened sometime near the 7 month mark, and the 3rd can got disapproved until the audit was over, which took about an extra 3 months to clear up. Then, it got resubmitted and cashed. Then it sat in limbo for 3 more months, where I was promised a 1 month expedited turn-around. Then it finally got approved after calling and speaking with an examiner, only to find out that what was taking so long, was because someone at the ATF had put in the wrong (regular processing) stack, and it hadn't even been assigned to an examiner yet!

Luckily she was really nice and helpful (she was the one that approved my first 2 cans), and got it sent to her, approved, and sent out, and the can in my hands in less than a month...During the holidays. Overall, It took a week shy of 14 months to finally get that damn can. I was about 3 weeks from an approval when the audit happened, too. I was beyond pissed off. It literally took almost twice as long as it should have, all because 1 idiot at the dealer screwed up a bunch of paperwork and created a massive clusterfuck of bureaucratic red tape. 🤦🏼

• Angry
Reactions: HousePlant
Obsidian 45

Order placed 5-13-21
Tax stamp cashed 5-24-21
Still waiting 😰
332 days and counting 🤦🏻‍♂️🥲
Hate to say it, but you still got a while... I've got 2 Sandman-S cans still pending, and the first was cashed on 4/9, and the 2nd one on 5/21. Called yesterday, still pending on the first one, so I didn't even ask about the 2nd one. Should be getting REAL close though...

Reactions: Jorel Manalad
Hate to say it, but you still got a while... I've got 2 Sandman-S cans still pending, and the first was cashed on 4/9, and the 2nd one on 5/21. Called yesterday, still pending on the first one, so I didn't even ask about the 2nd one. Should be getting REAL close though...
Is it even worth while calling in?

HOW??? That's ridiculously fast!
I have no idea. I had 4 items that were in my name on a form 4 that I moved to my kids trust. All those forms showed up in my mailbox 4 days before my dealer called me on the 2 supressors. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

All 6 of the forms were signed by the same examiner.

I have no idea. I had 4 items that were in my name on a form 4 that I moved to my kids trust. All those forms showed up in my mailbox 4 days before my dealer called me on the 2 supressors. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

All 6 of the forms were signed by the same examiner.
And yet, I'm almost 11 months in on 2 Sandman-S cans, and already been approved for 3 other cans between middle of 2021 and Jan 2022... It's like, folks...I've already passed your background check 3 times in less than a year...What's taking so damn long? 🤷🏼

I finally got my micro30 today after just over a year! Already planning my next.
Question though, if I purchase a suppressor from a smaller shop online and they transfer to my local FFL that has a silencer shop kiosk, can I do the rest of the process on the kiosk? Or is there any way I can do the new efile that they’re claiming is going to take only 3 months?

I finally got my micro30 today after just over a year! Already planning my next.
Question though, if I purchase a suppressor from a smaller shop online and they transfer to my local FFL that has a silencer shop kiosk, can I do the rest of the process on the kiosk? Or is there any way I can do the new efile that they’re claiming is going to take only 3 months?
Yes, you can purchase, and then have them send it to your local SOT. But your local SOT will have to email/fax a copy of their FFL/SOT (if it's not already on file with the online store) to the online dealer before they can Form 3 it to them. Then once it arrives at your local dealer, then you go in and do your SS paperwork on the kiosk from there.

Reactions: Jakeweb09
From a Dealer's point of view - this E-file is a MESS.

Brought to you by the same people who gave us Healthcare.Gov.
Sometimes I can get in... sometimes I can't. Trust submissions now require coordination so that the dealer and the customer are both signed in at the same time which I cannot make happen.

They took a broken system and broke it. I've still got submissions for customers that are 13 months in the pipeline and we are both wondering how their clearances fit in with the ones who will now only take 90 days max.

Starting to see submissions come back -- "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION - Open FBI File". Never seen that before. Guy has a Secret Clearance for GodsSake...

Mess...

Starting to see submissions come back -- "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION - Open FBI File". Never seen that before. Guy has a Secret Clearance for GodsSake..
It’s such BS. I too held security clearances in both mil and as a contractor but those extensive background checks are absolutely not considered in favor of some low level FBI civil servant doing a fucking computer database check on you.

My good friend has way higher clearances than I did, also mil and civ, and it also makes no difference.

Utter horse shit.

From a Dealer's point of view - this E-file is a MESS.

Brought to you by the same people who gave us Healthcare.Gov.
Sometimes I can get in... sometimes I can't. Trust submissions now require coordination so that the dealer and the customer are both signed in at the same time which I cannot make happen.

They took a broken system and broke it. I've still got submissions for customers that are 13 months in the pipeline and we are both wondering how their clearances fit in with the ones who will now only take 90 days max.

Starting to see submissions come back -- "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION - Open FBI File". Never seen that before. Guy has a Secret Clearance for GodsSake...

Mess...
You are completely correct. We have had dozens of customers since the e-file went live struggle with it in some way, proceed to take their anger out on us, demand a refund, and have taken business elsewhere. While on the dealer end it takes hours or usually days to hear back from either ATF or SilencerShop dealer sales to help resolve issues because everything is for the most part automated....

We have got a couple back "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION" and 1 denial, which is kinda funny because they are all current CCW permit holders, retired LE or MIL, and don't even has a much as a speeding ticket....

Form: 4 paper through SS

Entity: NFA Trust

Pending: 3/10/21

Approved: 2/21/2022

Standardized wait: 348

Stamp at dealer: 3/3/22

Total time: 13 months after purchase 🤪

State: Tx

My approval was delayed a month due to an error on my form 4. I have an additional can pending 10/15/2021, no batch approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunchbox27
We have got a couple back "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION" and 1 denial, which is kinda funny because they are all current CCW permit holders, retired LE or MIL, and don't even has a much as a speeding ticket....
FFS...is there any type of appeal process or ability to get access to why no action so they can clear it up...whatever the fuck those assholes in ATF/FBI think is out there?

Bushwacker 46 Gen 2
Purchased February 16, 2021
Check Cashed March 10, 2021
Approved January 18, 2022
Stamp at Dealer February 1, 2022
Picked up February 5, 2022

3 more sitting at the dealer waiting with a 4th in E-Forms limbo as my dealer can't get anything to work on the E-File system. The dealer is more frustrated and angrier about the cluster of E-File than I am. He said if he can't get it processed to the next step by March 15th he will pay the $200 tax stamp fee towards my next suppressor.

Reactions: Jackomason
What's that? How does that work?
I had a buddy do it that was PCSing overseas. It took a letter and a copy of his orders showing a need to be expedited. There has to be a reason to expedite it for military service, or they won't do it.

Reactions: Mrindecisive
I had a buddy do it that was PCSing overseas. It took a letter and a copy of his orders showing a need to be expedited. There has to be a reason to expedite it for military service, or they won't do it.

I can confirm this, I had 5 stamps come back in less than a week back in 2016.

Finally picked up my dominus k sr

Form 4 trust filed by SilencerShop
Check cashed 11MAR2021
Approved 21JAN2022

Sucks that I gotta send it in to tbac to be inspected as it is within the serial number range they sent out a few months ago.

How long is the wait time on a form 4 to date? Post how long you have been waiting or how long you recently waited before it was completed and sighned.

JAY
I just picked mine up yesterday. I don't remember the exact day, but it was early February 2021 when I purchased it through Silencer Shop and they efiled it for me.

It was a Surefire Socom II and I purchased 2-12-21. I can't find the date the check was cashed and I have no idea when it was actually approved. The 2 cans I bought November 2020 (dead air sandman L and a silencerco sparrow) took roughly 10 months iirc. Hope that helps. I just figured it was going to take forever and I tried not to think about it too much. It gets frustrating though.

Yup... been pretty quiet around this thread. I'm at 336 days. The SOT is saying 12-14mo. Called the ATF again and I'm still pending. Not sure if they tell you if it's been assigned to an examiner or not. Sucks because we had been seeing mid March cash dates and I'm march 29th..

Yup... been pretty quiet around this thread. I'm at 336 days. The SOT is saying 12-14mo. Called the ATF again and I'm still pending. Not sure if they tell you if it's been assigned to an examiner or not. Sucks because we had been seeing mid March cash dates and I'm march 29th..
I'm waiting to see (hopefully soon) the efiles come back. Especially the early ones. Rumor of the 29 day one, that would be very nice.

I haven't done one yet. I'm enjoying my Nomad-L but next can is for PCC mainly. Fingers crossed that the 90 days is the new norm.

I had a short break at work this morning so, after 11 months, I finally broke down and called the ATF for an update. I knew I was needlessly torturing myself, but reassured that my call was important to them I settled in to listen to some hold music. Less than 30 seconds later my cell phone rang. It was my dealer calling to tell me he had my stamp. I should have called 6 months ago…

FWIW it was a form 4 individual via SilencerShop, check cashed 3/23/21. 3 weeks shy of a year.

5/6 cans from March last year have cleared and I have picked up.

still to go: 1 check cashed MAR, (FFL had to make correction) and 1 check cashed APR.

hopefully sometime in March this year, last two will make it our of purgatory.

State : Louisiana
Check cashed: 4-1-21
Stamp Approved: 2-28-22
Arrived at dealer: Waiting

Called this morning and was told it was approved yesterday. Almost exactly 11 months.
Now I just have to wait for the stamp to arrive so I can take it home.
Surefire Socom SB2 in 5.56

Have been faithfully albeit painfully practicing the submit it and forget it.
Decided to call today. First time.
23 minute wait time.
Gentleman answering the phone was polite and friendly.

DeadAir Nomad L
TBAC 22L1

Form 4 individual paper through local SOT
Purchased 4/30/21
Submitted 5/3/21
ATF received 5/11/21
Check cashed 5/12/21
Both Pending 3/1/22

Asked about "assigned to an examiner" and he said that information was not on his screen.

Hope we are in the home stretch as I have a couple coyotes hangin' around the cows patiently waiting for me to try them out...............hate to disappoint the song dogs😉

Last edited:
Rugged Obsidian 45

Purchased through SilencerShop - 2/5/2021
Check cashed 4/30/2021
Pending

Decided to call today, still pending. The nice lady on the phone said based on the date they received it she thought sometime in April. Absolutely insane, a full year tied up in the government bureaucracy. 14 months from the date of purchase.

Form 4 Trust (1 Responsible Person)
State: Indiana

Rugged Oculus 22
Purchased: 3/26/2021
Check Cashed: 4/8/2021
Approval: 2/27/2022
Received: TBD

Rugged Obsidian 45
Check Cashed: 4/6/2021

YHM Resonator R2
Check Cashed: 4/6/2012

Just got word me 30 cal hearing protection device has been approved... after about 13 months.

In the words of today's brunch crowd... "YAAAASSSSSS!!!!"

Called the ATF and the nice person told me that my stamp was approved January 13th. Now to track down my FFL who moved.
Order Placed - February 24, 2021
Check cashed - March 9, 2021
ATF Approval - January 13, 2022
In my hands - March 1, 2022

Still have another suppressor purchased November 2021 that is supposed to go through eForms that is in complete limbo due to my FFL/SOT moving and the ATF giving him crap.

Reactions: FuhQ
Order placed Feb 2, 2022
Registration completed, information reviewed by Silencer Shop, Documents require signature 4 Feb, 2022
Ready to certify 23 Feb, 2022*
Check cashed 25 Feb, 2022

*still haven't gotten through the "certify" process, the website keeps timing out. Called the LGS this morning (closed Sun-Mon), to see if I could come in and finish the "certification" process, since the check was "cashed", still hangs up on the same page. Voicemail and email (by LGS) sent to Silencer Shop last Friday (25 Feb, 2022), haven't heard back...

I was going to call the NFA division again today to check if any progress was made. I picked up my phone and there’s a text from my guy at the FFL, “your paperwork came back, come pick up your suppressor.”

Check cashed 3/11/21
Arrived at dealer 3/2/22

Picking up my sandman-s tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just checked on my 1st of the last 2 (currently) pending Form 4's... Both Sandman-S cans. Instantly got through, and no wait time, and the lady was nice.

The first one was cashed on 4/12/21... She says it's still pending, and has NOT yet been assigned to an examiner...Which sucks. So she said to try back closer to the end of the month, and that they're seeing 11-12 months average right now for the time frame from when my cash date was.

As soon as my new Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen L & S cans make it to my local SOT, then I'll be trying out these new eForm 4's, and seeing how fast those are...Hoping for 90 or less. Luckily, they're a range, so I get to use them while waiting. He's waiting on the eForm-3 to get approved now so he can transfer them to my dealer.

Reactions: patriotunknown
Check cashed 3/17/2021
Approved 02/10/2022
Stamp at dealer 03/03/2022

I had called to check on the progress of this suppressor on 02/18/2022 and they told me that it was still pending and hadn't been assigned so I assumed I had at least a couple more months. I was surprised when I got the call the my paper work was in and when I went to pick it up I noticed that the approval date was 8 days before I had called. Kinda makes me wonder if they actually check or if the standard answer is just to say it's pending

Reactions: NoDopes and FuhQ
Batch approval! Now that I don't have any cans in jail WTF am I going to complain about?

Form 4 - YHM Resonator K
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 3/18/21
Approved: 2/23/22
Standardized wait: 343 days
State: NC

Form 4 - Griffin GP5
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 4/9/21
Standardized wait: 321 days

Form 4 - Dead Air Sandman K
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 6/2/21
Standardized wait: 267 days

Form 4 - Rugged Oculus
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 9/8/21
Standardized wait: 169 days

• Love
Batch approval! Now that I don't have any cans in jail WTF am I going to complain about?

Form 4 - YHM Resonator K
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 3/18/21
Standardized wait: 343 days

Form 4 - Griffin GP5
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 4/9/21
Standardized wait: 321 days

Form 4 - Dead Air Sandman K
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 6/2/21
Standardized wait: 267 days

Form 4 - Rugged Oculus
Trust (2 RP)
Pending: 9/8/21
Standardized wait: 169 days
Mosey over to the Form 1 mass denial thread. Plenty to complain about in there…

Reactions: Jackomason
Form 4 Trust (1 Responsible Person)
State: Indiana

Rugged Oculus 22
Check Cashed: 4/8/2021
Received: 3/5/2022

Rugged Obsidian 45
Check Cashed: 4/6/2021

YHM Resonator R2
Check Cashed: 4/6/2012

6 Days from approval to reception, that might be a new record!