• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And that's because we are both absolutely brilliant human beings! :cool:

Yeah, I kind of thought so too. Great minds think alike and all of that haha

My local FFL I deal with (Kat is great) has done one e-file so far and its from my very good friend @GBMaryland. She said that filing it was sort of straight forward without some of the issues that people seemed to have with SS filings early on.

Now, if @GBMaryland gets his suppressor out of jail before mine, which has been locked up now for 11 months, I'm going to his house and rob him! haha ( @GBMaryland - joking of course...so please unload that AR! I will not rob you...I will just resent you for the rest of my life LOL)

Take care and thanks for the replies. There really isn't anything I can do about this crap but venting on an internet board does seem to bleed off a bit of frustration.

Cheers
I think you’re on pretty solid ground, @GBMaryland aint got shit. In no time you’ll be razzing him for not buying his can last spring.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
I bought a 6.5 TBAC Ultra 9 - 12 months ago... and it's still in jail...

Then there are the other 4 I've got that are still in jail....

That'll put me at about 10 suppressors total. Basically, I have a bunch of steel suppressors, and now I'm going to have a bunch of Ti suppressors.

I bought a 6.5 TBAC Ultra 9 - 12 months ago... and it's still in jail...

Then there are the other 4 I've got that are still in jail....

That'll put me at about 10 suppressors total. Basically, I have a bunch of steel suppressors, and now I'm going to have a bunch of Ti suppressors.
I was trying to give @Baron23 some hope.

I guess we in the old line state care about our hearing. I have 6 in gaol….:-(

My ffl that I get cans from just showed me a 75 day efile form 4 approval last week. Not bad (for a rights infringement)

@GBMaryland @Supersubes

I think its a Biscuit he filed the e-file form for. I'm sitting here at my desk trying to forge a letter from GB to Kat telling her to just give ME that suppressor when its approved. But I can't even draw a stick figure much less a decent forgery.

@GBMaryland - ah, what's the daily rental rate for one of your 30 cal suppressors! hahaha I asked Kat the other day when picking up my Altus BA if I could have a conjugal visit...all I got was laughter. haha

Have a great day guys.

@GBMaryland @Supersubes

I think its a Biscuit he filed the e-file form for. I'm sitting here at my desk trying to forge a letter from GB to Kat telling her to just give ME that suppressor when its approved. But I can't even draw a stick figure much less a decent forgery.

@GBMaryland - ah, what's the daily rental rate for one of your 30 cal suppressors! hahaha I asked Kat the other day when picking up my Altus BA if I could have a conjugal visit...all I got was laughter. haha

Have a great day guys.
Im a peon dealer, so it’s easy for customers to do conjugal visits. Good time to install muzzle devices, check alignment, then go shoot it in the yard. If they want to actually rub their pecker on it, they gotta go around back of the shed for that.

@GBMaryland @Supersubes

Have a great day guys.
Unfortunately... nope.

6.5 TBAC U9, Biscuit, R30K, 22 from them... all legacy

The efile one is a 338SR TBAC... for the 42A1. Probably the suppressor I need the least!

Unfortunately... nope.

6.5 TBAC U9, Biscuit, R30K, 22 from them... all legacy

The efile one is a 338SR TBAC... for the 42A1. Probably the suppressor I need the least!
338!!! :eek:

What good is that supposed to do for me! :oops::ROFLMAO:

And yes, it really is all about me. Haha

Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: Lunchbox27
Capitol Armory put up an update today....eForms from Dec-Jan are getting approvals:

1647893462147.png

There’s no way because I haven’t seen any of the suppressors that I’ve submitted for… One of them has been well over a year

Here’s the issue I’m seeing, we’ve submitted quite a few efiles and haven’t got any back yet, but we’re a very small fish in this pond, comparatively. Companies like ss have submitted tens of thousands since they fired eforms back up, and all we’re seeing is a few people saying they’re getting some back, but we should be seeing hundreds, if not thousands come back by now, and those numbers just aren’t there, so take it as you will, but I think the aft is just as lazy and inept as they ever were. There’s something nefarious a foot here, just hide and watch.

Reactions: FuhQ and tanders11
Just had Silencershop certify and send off an e-form 4 yesterday 3/21 on a Tacsol Aeris. Hoping for an approval by summer!

Here’s the issue I’m seeing, we’ve submitted quite a few efiles and haven’t got any back yet, but we’re a very small fish in this pond, comparatively. Companies like ss have submitted tens of thousands since they fired eforms back up, and all we’re seeing is a few people saying they’re getting some back, but we should be seeing hundreds, if not thousands come back by now, and those numbers just aren’t there, so take it as you will, but I think the aft is just as lazy and inept as they ever were. There’s something nefarious a foot here, just hide and watch.
I agree... I think they're slowing down Form 4's to keep people from getting their cans... I know it's on purpose. Maybe not at the examiner level, but when you start going up the ladder...And we all know the current director is a Biden lapdog... The same one who keeps approving fake (non-congressional/DOJ) rule changes that aren't legal, to make law-abiding citizens into criminals.

I'm still waiting on a 4/9/21 and 5/21/21 Form 4 approval...

I agree... I think they're slowing down Form 4's to keep people from getting their cans... I know it's on purpose. Maybe not at the examiner level, but when you start going up the ladder...And we all know the current director is a Biden lapdog... The same one who keeps approving fake (non-congressional/DOJ) rule changes that aren't legal, to make law-abiding citizens into criminals.

I'm still waiting on a 4/9/21 and 5/21/21 Form 4 approval...

Yeah they want to slow down form 4's, so they implemented a faster system to approve form 4's.

Makes a lot of sense...

Yeah they want to slow down form 4's, so they implemented a faster system to approve form 4's.

Makes a lot of sense...
The same way the elites claim they don't want to go to war, but all have their hands in the MIC, so they all secretly warmonger? It's no different. Saying one thing, and then doing the opposite is what all politicians do.

Implementing a system that is faster and more efficient for them makes perfect sense, but at the same time, if the higher ups that work at the Bureau of A-holes Taking Freedoms Everyday don't like guns and NFA items, they might find ways to slow down progress on the existing paper forms... We ALL know they don't like guns and freedom...That's quite apparent by now. They denied almost 1,000 LEGIT Form 1 applications, and then wanted people to incriminate themselves with their new BS unlawful rule changes. They're trying to say FRT's and binary triggers are "machine guns", and that chunks of metal are frames & receivers. 🙄 And the more secret documents at the ATF that get leaked, the more these tinfoil hat conspiracies are looking like possibilities of actual conspiracy against law-abiding citizens.

It's just a thought...

It's all a big conspiracy to make sure @FuhQ doesn't get his suppressor in a timely manner...
Sarcasm... Because you know I'm right.

And it's not about me... It's the fact that chunks of metal are regulated to this extent that the whole thing is ridiculous. I can walk into a store and buy a firearm in less than 10 minutes with a NICS approval... But I have to wait a year to get a chunk of metal that goes on the end that saves my hearing? The gun is the dangerous item, the suppressor is not. One doesn't work without the other, and it's not the gun... The fact that the non-lethal item is so highly regulated should bother everyone. 🤔

The ATF is fucked, no doubt.

Just put a can on e-file and have them race...
😂 Sadly, at this point, my 2 new OCL cans might get approvals before my 2 Sandman-S cans... 🤦🏼

But I still haven't done my eForms for the OCL cans yet. Probably be a little while due to financial constraints (slow work right now). Luckily my SOT is cool, and has known me for years, so they don't mind helping out by sitting on them for a little bit extra time. 👍🏼

Reactions: kthomas
In another example of correlation/causation and why so many humans think rain dances work, I called the ATF yesterday (the 11 month anniversary of the cashing of my oldest tax stamp) and my FFL called today to say they have five stamps for me!

Reactions: The Durk
In another example of correlation/causation and why so many humans think rain dances work, I called the ATF yesterday (the 11 month anniversary of the cashing of my oldest tax stamp) and my FFL called today to say they have five stamps for me!
That cant be right, FuhQ is still waiting for his. He was supposed to be the lucky one! 😂

I bought 2 suppressors around Christmas of 2021. The gun shop ran it through the e-forms system. I set up the e-forms account on Jan 5, 2022. Got the first approval 3/14, the second 3/18. Went to the Portland office, if that matters when you do it this way.

Last edited:
I bought 2 suppressors around Christmas of 2021. The gun shop ran it through the e-forms system. I set up the e-forms account on Jan 5, 2022. Got the first approval 3/10/22, the second 3/14, the second 3/18. Went to the Portland office, if that matters when you do it this way.
Congrats!

I bought 2 suppressors around Christmas of 2021. The gun shop ran it through the e-forms system. I set up the e-forms account on Jan 5, 2022. Got the first approval 3/10/22, the second 3/14, the second 3/18. Went to the Portland office, if that matters when you do it this way.
These numbers don't add up...

Anyone who did the fingerprints at the kiosk get an e-form 4 approval back yet?
All fingerprints get digitized at silencershop(for ss users), whether or not you do kiosk or send them an actual card. In other words the kiosk just removes the step of obtaining/mailing a fingerprint card.

Reactions: TX_Diver
Anyone who did the fingerprints at the kiosk get an e-form 4 approval back yet?
I used the kiosk at a UPS. It was a nightmare getting them right. (I've been finger printed about 40 times in my life... so I'm very familiar with the process.)

However, I did manage to submit them.

Really curious if the process is significantly faster or not that way.

They denied almost 1,000 LEGIT Form 1 applications, and then wanted people to incriminate themselves with their new BS unlawful rule changes. They're trying to say FRT's and binary triggers are "machine guns", and that chunks of metal are frames & receivers. 🙄 And the more secret documents at the ATF that get leaked, the more these tinfoil hat conspiracies are looking like possibilities of actual conspiracy against law-abiding citizens.

Ok, you had me right until you got to the solvent traps...

Legally, the ATF are correct... a suppressor has to be manufactured on a Form 1 using parts that YOU built. If you purchase parts that are a thinly veiled attempt to get around the law, then it really shouldn't be a surprise when the form 1 is not valid because someone ELSE made the original parts intending them to be used as an NFA item. Which, by definition, needed to be form 1'ed by the parts manufacturer. BOOM.

The FRT is COMPLETELY different. Yeah, FRT is attempting to get around the machine gun law. HOWEVER, their trigger literally functions with a mechanical interrupt to comply with the law. "One function of the trigger" for each individual shot [semi-automatic]. The law doesn't discuss "automatic weapons like fire;" it's either a machinegun or it's not. ...and then FRT is mechanically NOT a machine gun.

The ATF doesn't like that because they know that it's going to be damn near impossible, until someone uses an FRT to wipe out a school, to get the shitheads on the hill to amend the NFA law. (Which we should all be very concerned about if things go down that path. I shudder to think what a politician will come up with for a new definition of machine gun.)

As such, the with FRT, the ATF is attempting to do all sorts of underhanded crap... not so much with the form 1 solvent traps.

With the solvent traps people rolled the dice and lost. Everyone knew they were meant to be suppressors... and that's the problem.

Last edited:
I used the kiosk at a UPS. It was a nightmare getting them right. (I've been finger printed about 40 times in my life... so I'm very familiar with the process.)

However, I did manage to submit them.

Really curious if the process is significantly faster or not that way.
Well now your prints are on file for I think 2 years so you won’t need to do them again. To me that’s the advantage of the SS kiosk. But I’m not happy about how long it takes to certify

Reactions: FuhQ
Happy day 366 for me. I’m not even bothering to count the time before the check was cashed. The kicker is 2 suppressors bought on the same day, checks cashed on the same day 3/22/21 and only 1 has been assigned for review, WTH.
Called the ATF and didn’t get any answers besides just keep calling back every couple of weeks.

Going back to @kthomas point (or my misunderstanding of his point), while SS and others tout the increased approval speed of the e-form system for form 4's, I don't see where that is actually an explict goal stated by the ATF.

I continue to believe that in extraordinarily typical fashion for goverment, they have really no fucking transition plan in place that I can see.

Just a simple sample plan, able to be developed by a 10 y.o. would be:

1. Paper forms must still be accepted as there may be those without access to digital filing (hard to see who and how, but...)
2. After validation of the e-form system, subsequent e-forms should be queued up and wait until the AFT clears their egregious paper form backlog using ALL examiners and not just the half left after they pulled people for e-forms
3. Then going forward they should accept both paper and e-forms with the vast bulk being e-forms and both submittal methods should experience significant reductions in processing time.

I do fucking hate government in all of its forms for its abject stupidity, inefficiency, and plain incompetence. They are the absolute Kings of Unintended Consequences that everybody else can see coming down the pike.

Ok, off of my soapbox now. I have a paper form 4 in on 18 May. I may not see that suppressor until Jul??

My good friend, @GBMaryland , has a paper form going on 13 months. And we pay taxes for this level of performance? FFS.

Last edited:
Ok, you had me right until you got to the solvent traps...

Legally, the ATF are correct... a suppressor has to be manufactured on a Form 1 using parts that YOU built. If you purchase parts that are a thinly veiled attempt to get around the law, then it really shouldn't be a surprise when the form 1 is not valid because someone ELSE made the original parts intending them to be used as an NFA item. Which, by definition, needed to be form 1'ed by the parts manufacturer. BOOM.

The FRT is COMPLETELY different. Yeah, FRT is attempting to get around the machine gun law. HOWEVER, their trigger literally functions with a mechanical interrupt to comply with the law. "One function of the trigger" for each individual shot [semi-automatic]. The law doesn't discuss "automatic weapons like fire;" it's either a machinegun or it's not. ...and then FRT is mechanically NOT a machine gun.

The ATF doesn't like that because they know that it's going to be damn near impossible, until someone uses an FRT to wipe out a school, to get the shitheads on the hill to amend the NFA law. (Which we should all be very concerned about if things go down that path. I shudder to think what a politician will come up with for a new definition of machine gun.)

As such, the with FRT, the ATF is attempting to do all sorts of underhanded crap... not so much with the form 1 solvent traps.

With the solvent traps people rolled the dice and lost. Everyone knew they were meant to be suppressors... and that's the problem.
So I guess SBR's can't be form 1 either with your logic.

I think there are 2 ways it does….assuming by SBR we are all in on the AR variant. With a stripped lower, one already has an approved firearm that may be submitted for Form 1. With an AR pistol, one has a fully assembled firearm that has an approved legal definition of a pistol and in some cases specific ATF approval of the brace which substitutes for a stock. Solvent traps as noted never had explicit or implicit ATF approval in any form.

On the pistol, where things get a little gray is intent and purpose. If one’s intent is to effectively obtain an SBR by acquiring the AR pistol and adding a stock that is illegal. Likewise, if one acquires a pistol with the intent and purpose of using it as a rifle….even with the brace….then there is potential for illegal activity. At least by my trying to understand the law. Of course this seems very nebulous and subjective.

Which is why I recommend if buying a AR pistol go ahead and Form 1 SBR it. It is rather easy to do on the efile. The biggest hassle being getting your prints, at least where I am located. If there is a rule change regarding pistol braces you will be ahead of the line that will be trying to get this done during whatever grace period is allowed. Of course there is a wee chance the political stars may align one day and do away with the barrel length minimum and suppressor check and stamp system currently in place making all this moot.

^^^and my apologies to the mods and other members….I just realized which thread this was taking place in….discussion probably needs to be taken elsewhere to a new thread in the Armory if it continues….when I was waiting on an approval and checking this thread all I gave a damn about was what time period the ATF was currently working on!

SBR's are tied to the serial number of the receiver. Not the barrel. ...and it is illegal to have a short barrel. You apply for the SBR and then you modify the rifle...

They are not apples to apples.

Making parts that you claim are not a suppressor, and then they are made into a suppressor... While a barrel is a barrel and the law doesn't indicate that a barrel under 16 inches is illegal until it's mated with a weapon.

My SOT Just text me all 3 of my form 4s came back approved. All 3 were for a trust

2 of the form 4s - checks were cashed on 6-15-21

1 form 4 - check cashed around 11-15-21

Good day knowing I can pickup 3 of my suppressors !
Haha…Ken, do you have an aunt who works at the ATF so something??!! LOL

Some of the shortest approval times I have seen.

Congrats.

SBR's are tied to the serial number of the receiver. Not the barrel. ...and it is illegal to have a short barrel. You apply for the SBR and then you modify the rifle...

They are not apples to apples.

Making parts that you claim are not a suppressor, and then they are made into a suppressor... While a barrel is a barrel and the law doesn't indicate that a barrel under 16 inches is illegal until it's mated with a weapon.
What do you mean illegal to have a short barrel? Like the dozen or so I have sitting in a drawer are illegal to Posses?

What do you mean illegal to have a short barrel? Like the dozen or so I have sitting in a drawer are illegal to Posses?
It’s illegal to possess an SBR fully assembled.

If you take those short barrels and put them on a firearm without having gotten the approval from the ATF…

Many states actually have additional laws that may make simply owning the barrels intent to build an SBR illegally.

So you also have to watch out for that crap…

It’s illegal to possess an SBR fully assembled.

If you take those short barrels and put them on a firearm without having gotten the approval from the ATF…

Many states actually have additional laws that may make simply owning the barrels intent to build an SBR illegally.

So you also have to watch out for that crap…
Or Like Marylands bullshit law, where you KINDA get an SBR, so long as it’s 29.5”