• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Exactly... And now that we all are using eForms and the ATF actually notifies you when you're approved, folks shouldn't even be calling and bugging the fuck out of them asking, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

I've had 2 of my paper forms go over a year recently (14 & 13 months), so I understand, but bugging the fuck out of the examiners is not going to make them process your shit any faster. Actually, I've often wondered if it pisses them off, and makes them toss your shit to the bottom of the stack, if you're constantly calling and bugging them every couple weeks. I know I've done that with contractors at my old job, when they kept bitching about "needing" their blueprints right now, as if they're they were the only job I was working on. Keep calling, or act like a douche, and you get tossed to the bottom of the stack.
I don’t think the examiners answer the phones anymore. If you go through silencershop, it shows the status in your “tax stamp wallet”.

the way it was explained to me from Silencer shop, just as soon as your efile is submitted the ATF has your money instantly. in my silencer shop dashboard under tax stamp wallet it says” in process”. in the order menu it gives the current step in the process. if you click on your order you can get a time line of when everything has been done by date.

Reactions: 30calDeath
I wonder if the log jam is the FBI or the ATF since the FBI does the background? Common sense would dictate that one agency handle the process but this is big government:rolleyes:

🤔 90 days now 6 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-130900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-130900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 98
I wonder if the log jam is the FBI or the ATF since the FBI does the background? Common sense would dictate that one agency handle the process but this is big government:rolleyes:
I can only report the anecdotal story of my recent suppressor Form 4.

Submitted late May 2021.

One year later, tired of this utter malfeasance and incompetence, I contacted my Senator...who does not have any fucks to give about anything gun related, but who does have yound constituency service staffers whose job it is to reach out to Congressional Liaisons at whatever ABC agency is the issue.

ATF came back saying that the FBI had my NICS background check on DELAY since mid-Mar of 2021. Since I have zero record with the FBI, had just received NICS approval for a BA right at about the same time, AND since it was suddently approved with a PROCEED back to the ATF on the very same day they were queried about it, it is clear to me that the FBI just put it on DELAY as it sat under a box of donuts on somebody's desk.

But, that also means that the ATF sat on it from May 2021 to Mar 2022. Eight months before those assholes could just hit a button and electronically send a NICS transaction to the FBI.

76f2b57876a4519939e5583655b107e3992ec2553e27ccfd51050c6c874b7f69_1.webp

Last edited:
Here’s an update wait time from the ATF website Official ATF wait times

I’m not too happy with Silencershop. I bought a Nomad LT from them last Nov. They held onto my paperwork until March then had me eForm it. I certified on 3/1, still no approval. During that time, I had 3 eForm 1 approved.

I’m not too happy with Silencershop. I bought a Nomad LT from them last Nov. They held onto my paperwork until March then had me eForm it. I certified on 3/1, still no approval. During that time, I had 3 eForm 1 approved.
I'm not sure if that time is very accurate. Seems like most e-files are getting processed in the 150-180 days.

I'm closing in on 180 days personally.

I just picked up two more at my dealer yesterday.

Cans are on a trust
Signed Form 4 9/29/09, mailed shortly there after
Approved 1/7/10
In hand 1/16/10

14 weeks, not bad considering this was over the holidays.
Is this a flashback from the Obama years or are you sloppy with the dates?

Well, my first eForm 4 cert date was 5/17, so i'm at 88 days, and counting...

Im thinking it was a copy and paste. Person is supposedly from Los Angeles. California isn't that friendly for form 4's.
You can't even own a suppressor in California... They're 100% illegal for citizens to own. Apparently there is a loophole that allows companies to manufacture them in California, but they can't sell them in-state, because they're illegal.

California is a beautiful state, with amazing weather, and most parts of it, are really nice and conservative, it's just the big metropolises that are epicenters for all the Left/Liberal bullshit. Unfortunately, they have the largest populations, so they dictate for the entire state. If it weren't for the politics, all the bullshit gun laws, and no suppressors, I'd probably live up around central to north Cali. The farther north you go, the closer you get to the PNW, and it gets beautiful up that way with all the forests and redwoods, and oceans (plus, it's a close shot to Alaska for hunting and fishing 😉).

Reactions: stefan73
Is this a flashback from the Obama years or are you sloppy with the dates?

Im thinking it was a copy and paste. Person is supposedly from Los Angeles. California isn't that friendly for form 4's.

You can't even own a suppressor in California... They're 100% illegal for citizens to own. Apparently there is a loophole that allows companies to manufacture them in California, but they can't sell them in-state, because they're illegal.

California is a beautiful state, with amazing weather, and most parts of it, are really nice and conservative, it's just the big metropolises that are epicenters for all the Left/Liberal bullshit. Unfortunately, they have the largest populations, so they dictate for the entire state. If it weren't for the politics, all the bullshit gun laws, and no suppressors, I'd probably live up around central to north Cali. The farther north you go, the closer you get to the PNW, and it gets beautiful up that way with all the forests and redwoods, and oceans (plus, it's a close shot to Alaska for hunting and fishing 😉).

Looks like a scammer, one year old account with two posts, one with poor English irrelevant to the thread and the other was a copy and paste with zero understanding of the topic at hand.

that link to atf website has been updated within the last month. i started checking it back around march 17 when i certified my 2 form 4 efiles. before that happened, the page had not been updated since sept of 2021. that 100 day wait time for efile is way off the actual wait time. my dealer hasn’t had any approvals come in under 160 days since late february 2022. it seems that the wait times are increasing by 2 to 3 days everyday on silencer shop updates. i also am disappointed with their over selling of wait times on efile. they have advertised times as fast as 7 days a couple months ago, but if ask them they will admit those were due to expedited forms from FFLs going out of business or other unspecified reasons.
i’m sitting on around 159 days and have zero confidence i will get them in less than 8 months. but this is a small price to pay since guys have been waiting for well over a year. that said, the ATF sucks swamp water.

that link to atf website has been updated within the last month. i started checking it back around march 17 when i certified my 2 form 4 efiles. before that happened, the page had not been updated since sept of 2021. that 100 day wait time for efile is way off the actual wait time. my dealer hasn’t had any approvals come in under 160 days since late february 2022. it seems that the wait times are increasing by 2 to 3 days everyday on silencer shop updates. i also am disappointed with their over selling of wait times on efile. they have advertised times as fast as 7 days a couple months ago, but if ask them they will admit those were due to expedited forms from FFLs going out of business or other unspecified reasons.
i’m sitting on around 159 days and have zero confidence i will get them in less than 8 months. but this is a small price to pay since guys have been waiting for well over a year. that said, the ATF sucks swamp water.
There goes hoping to get my two cans by Christmas time....

i wouldnt be surprised if the ATF/FBI and the current regime have told them to slow walk all this.

ive got another one thats getting to a certain point in the system, once that happens im going get on the horn to a senator or a Rep.

I also went through SilencerShop. Bought in late November ‘21 then they held onto the forms to efile. I was pretty glad they did since I’d still be months away from receiving my can. Still, the forms weren’t certified until Feb 15th and I just received the stamp a week ago so I was over 170 days. I chalk it up to a rough transition on both parties, SS and the ATF.

Like the old saying goes . . . It usually gets worse before it gets better.

5/17 Certified... 91 days, and counting... We're now officially past the "guaranteed 90 or less" date by the ATF...

5/17 Certified... 91 days, and counting... We're now officially past the "guaranteed 90 or less" date by the ATF...
Was never guaranteed, that's just the goal.

Personally I'm not surprised that a brand new system being used and ran by the government is having teething issues. Would be a miracle if it actually went smoothly and too plan.

I'm currently at 179 days and counting.

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP
First suppressor purchase -Dead Air Nomad
Purchased 7/19/21 - individual
Check cashed 7/29/21
Finally approved 8/8/22.
Picked today 8/15/22.
Got it home and I can't get the keymo to fit any of my brakes. It won't seat fully while unlocked.

Color me shocked that silencer shop oversold something

They are a business with a financial interest in shorter wait times of course they're going to advertise the best case scenario. Folks should probably do some research on the process before buying a specialized item like a suppressor.

They are a business with a financial interest in shorter wait times of course they're going to advertise the best case scenario. Folks should probably do some research on the process before buying a specialized item like a suppressor.

While true to a certain extent, everyone was in uncharted waters again with the new e-file. Those who forgot silencershop wrecked eforms the first time were probably easily trusting

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
While true to a certain extent, everyone was in uncharted waters again with the new e-file. Those who forgot silencershop wrecked eforms the first time we're probably easily trusting
That's fair. I suppose in my mind it was pretty predictable that the system would be overwhelmed with a flood of submissions that would clog the pipeline. But then again I'm usually pessimistic haha

While it may be frustrating now, I hope it results in shorter wait times in the future.

And it seems common for companies to oversell the benefits of a new product. Look at whenever GAP releases a new cartridge and their proclaimed barrel life. They stated the 6.5 SAUM had a barrel life of 4,000 rounds - what they didn't tell you is that it took 4 barrel set backs to get there.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Finally approved 8/8/22.
Picked today 8/15/22.
Got it home and I can't get the keymo to fit any of my brakes. It won't seat fully while unlocked.
Sure you're trying it in the right spot? Only one of the three grooves on the brakes goes all the way back. It should line up with the little cutout mark deal on the keymo mount to start then twist.

it’s funny, well not really funny, maybe annoying is a better word. i received a marketing email today from my dealer advertising ATF approvals within 90 days. geez. i’m debating whether i will give them a call tomorrow and vent my spleen. lol. it won’t do any good, but it might make me feel better. 179 days and patiently waiting, maybe. lol.

OCL Hydrogen L
Certified on 6/7/22 Efile

We will see how this goes. Not holding my breath for a 90 dayer (10/05/22). Would just prefer it to be in before the start of deer season.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and Jnull
Form 4 submitted today. Let the wait begin. Hopefully I'm like the lucky bastard who got it back in 7 days.

Finally approved 8/8/22.
Picked today 8/15/22.
Ratchet it completely both directions, and then completely remove it, and then reinstall it and twist, and it should lock-up. Make sure the KeyMo is set all the way to off, and then it slides over BOTH sets of locking lugs on the muzzle device.

OCL Hydrogen L
Certified on 6/7/22 Efile

We will see how this goes. Not holding my breath for a 90 dayer (10/05/22). Would just prefer it to be in before the start of deer season.
Glad to see more OCL cans getting out into the wild. Have you shot it yet?

I certified my Hydro-S back on 5/17, and hopefully my dealer will be able to certify my Hydro-L today or tomorrow. I should at least have my Hydro-S back before deer season, but if I want really quiet, I guess I'll just check zero with my Nomad-LT.

Ratchet it completely both directions, and then completely remove it, and then reinstall it and twist, and it should lock-up. Make sure the KeyMo is set all the way to off, and then it slides over BOTH sets of locking lugs on the muzzle device.
The adapter was out of spec. Took it to the shop and they verified it for me and swapped it out. All good now.

God damnit. I’m at 167 days and just received an email from the atf, got excited just to open it and see it’s about website maintenance.
Thanks for the heads up, you stopped me from having a stroke (150 on the dot).

Reactions: Jnull
God damnit. I’m at 167 days and just received an email from the atf, got excited just to open it and see it’s about website maintenance.
They got me too and I’m a little past 167 i think 🤦‍♂️