• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And another one.

eform 4 individual
submitted: 9-9-2022
approved: 4-18-2022
control: 2022755

Trust. That’s why I did individual. I want my can sooner. I’ll swap to a trust later.
Same, after I was disapproved in January (filed as a trust) for a clerical error on RPQ, I decided to reapply as an individual. My Dealer stated they see more disapprovals when filing as trust vs. individual.

Same, after I was disapproved in January (filed as a trust) for a clerical error on RPQ, I decided to reapply as an individual. My Dealer stated they see more disapprovals when filing as trust vs. individual.
Best part about doing it later is I can hold it while it transfers to a trust. Worst part, I have to pay again!

This is bullshit on them not doing trusts! I wonder if it’s because a Trust is a legally-binding document they can’t revoke on a whim, but an individual’s stamp, they can recall and shred if they ever want to? Sort of like the amnesty eForms WITHOUT an official “$200 tax Paid” stamp on it. No stamp means they can claim it’s invalid whenever they want. Makes you wonder if they’re up to something, because it’s the same background check for both… 🤔

Reactions: southernpew
Dang i hope mine gets approved soon. Mine went pending at the end of September 2022.

This is bullshit on them not doing trusts! I wonder if it’s because a Trust is a legally-binding document they can’t revoke on a whim, but an individual’s stamp, they can recall and shred if they ever want to? Sort of like the amnesty eForms WITHOUT an official “$200 tax Paid” stamp on it. No stamp means they can claim it’s invalid whenever they want. Makes you wonder if they’re up to something, because it’s the same background check for both… 🤔
I never even knew there was an option not to do a trust wtf.. it’s rare on Reddit to even see many trusts

Wait: 231 Days
Pending: 31AUG2022
Approved: 19APR2023
Entity: Individual
Dealer: SS (Silencer Shop Kiosk) Electronic EFT Upload
State: WV
Item: Surefire SOCOM 556 RC2 Mini

I just certified a Surefure RC2. I have an OCM5 that's at 65 days. Both filed as an individual. C'mon batch approval. lol

Certified 10/3/22
Approved 4/19/23

Form 4 individual
199 days!

This is what @Electric B looks like in real life and why the approval was so fast!

ac149183a0986774582377107a122b96.jpg

302 days and counting. Fuck.
And I'm sure this is not news to anyone, but calling their number to check status is pointless. All they can tell you is if it's pending or approved. Mine is still pending. Well, no shit.
Every function of government is useless, incompetent, corrupt, or all of the above.
Email your congressman. Their staff can get more detailed information. Since it's behind schedule they might nudge them into approving

Reactions: SupressYourself
waht are you talking about?

ALso, as somebody said above, calling and waiting on hold for 25 minutes is pointless and so is that person's job and teh taxpayer money that pays it. Lady finds my trust and name IMMEDIATELY just based on my MG SN which is as simple as L3456 - she knows IMMEDIATELY my dealer, she can obviously see all the information but all she can say is "pending". Waste of time.

FWIW, submitted 9/8/22 eF4 Trust machine gun(s)

Last edited:
302 days and counting. Fuck.
And I'm sure this is not news to anyone, but calling their number to check status is pointless. All they can tell you is if it's pending or approved. Mine is still pending. Well, no shit.
Every function of government is useless, incompetent, corrupt, or all of the above.
I’m right there with you. SS filed trust with 1 RP. 6/28/22 submitted

At what point is it worth a call? 639xxx control number. Submitted 7/18. Individual eform 4.

I don't have the upmost faith in my dealer at this point. My last one sat an extra month in their spam filter.

Had 4 cans certified with approximate dates of June 15, July 15th, July 30th, and August 15th.

June 15th and August 15th got approved last Sunday and this Sunday respectively by two different examiners but the cans in the middle still pending.

Weird.

Certified 8/25/2022
Approved 4/19/2023

E File Trust

FWIW - I did another that same day that I’m still waiting on. Then again, I’m still waiting on one that I purchased early November 2021, but that is a pure cluster####.

Reactions: Beefmanne and FuhQ
Certified 8/25/2022
Approved 4/19/2023

E File Trust

FWIW - I did another that same day that I’m still waiting on. Then again, I’m still waiting on one that I purchased early November 2021, but that is a pure cluster####.
Next up is 8/19/22 Certified Trust... Hopefully it will come through soon. I'm praying for a batch approval, as I have 5 in the hopper waiting...

I have a few thoughts on the unusual disparity over the last several weeks favoring individual eform 4 approvals. Individuals would be the easiest to review and it’s abundantly clear they are being given priority. I saw two days ago on reddit an early October individual was approved at 194 days, breaking through the 200 day threshold.

Next, traditional trusts of at least six devices or more, is the threshold to receive batch approvals that I’ve read about. Trish Bartles title is “Section Chief,” which is some type of supervisor and she is the one doing these batch approvals of traditional trusts.

What would be helpful is to have more confirmation data of the trust type that are receiving batch approvals. The guy that had 20 cans batch approved back on March 6th (see attached), posted his cans were all as an individual which I wonder did he post the type in error did he actually submit all in a traditional trust? @southernpew I know you have a Reddit account, “20 can man” user id is “Haunting_Rhubarb“ and you PM’ed him with some questions would you mind sending him another message and asking if those 20 cans were actually all on a traditional trust? Also, reddit user “tnycrmb” recently had 12 cans batch approved and also another reddit user called “ProfessionalNice2777” just had 6 cans batch approved and they didn’t specify if those were traditional trusts, would you mind sending them messages and confirming too?

If confirmation of more unique persons with batch approvals shows that occurs with traditional trusts only, then going forward that is useful information for each person to know and use. Do the examiners have to read every word of a trust document? If so, then reading one trust with 12 cans is going to be faster, than reading 12 trusts of the single shot type for 12 cans. It would be crazy if the examiners are reading an entire single shot trust through when it is a boiler plate form with only model name and serial number differing between single shot trusts.

Why now, is the surging of approvals favoring individual and traditional trusts, leaving single shot trusts several months behind? It could be the hearings going on in Congress recently and that the ATF Director will be in hearings next week at Congress and they want to appear to show decreased approval times, but next week will be more focused on the brace ruling, although Senators/Congressman can ask anything they want.

Clearing people out of the system with batch approvals helps everyone and individual approvals are easier. That leaves single shot trusts that are clearly not being “processed in the order received” and at least two to four months behind, which is simply not equitable or fair. To that I say, write your Senators and House Rep and ask the staffer to be clear that single shot trusts are clearly not being processed fairly or by date received in comparison to traditonal trusts or individual submissions.

Attachments

• IMG_3659.jpeg
    IMG_3659.jpeg
    754.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Question for you guys. Bought my first can, YHM Resonator through Silencer Shop. Finished the Docusign stuff on March 29. ATF eForm account created.
The current stage according to my Silencer Shop account is "Form 4 (Single Shot): Preparing for eForms". Am I just now waiting on Silencer Shop to complete paperwork on their end? Just wanting to make sure I didn't miss something they're waiting on me.

Question for you guys. Bought my first can, YHM Resonator through Silencer Shop. Finished the Docusign stuff on March 29. ATF eForm account created.
The current stage according to my Silencer Shop account is "Form 4 (Single Shot): Preparing for eForms". Am I just now waiting on Silencer Shop to complete paperwork on their end? Just wanting to make sure I didn't miss something they're waiting on me.
They email if they need something from you.

Nice. That’s probably Patricia Bartles, I’ve traded emails with her in the past and she was quite helpful.

I’ve got a form1 in right now that went to pending research. It’s currently on day 28. I called last week and they quoted up to 90 days for PENDING RESEARCH statuses.

My otter creek can is only at 50 days so I’m not even thinking about that one yet. Seriously considering ordering a Surefire RC2 tomorrow.
Hey @darkfader you mention trading emails with Patricia Bartles, did you write to her after she approved an item for you and or did you just reach out to her to ask some questions and she replied?

I emailed her and got no answer.

Hey @darkfader you mention trading emails with Patricia Bartles, did you write to her after she approved an item for you and or did you just reach out to her to ask some questions and she replied?

I emailed her and got no answer.

A few years ago, I had a form1 that was taking forever for no apparent reason and I emailed the generic NFA email and she was who responded. With that particular application, I ended up getting my state Rep involved and the thing was approved within a week.

Since then, when I’ve had a question, I used her email and she’s answered relatively quickly. You can also send straight to the NFA email and hopefully someone gets back to you quickly, then keep that address and use it when you have a Q.

Reactions: PropWash
I have an individual 7/29 (267) still pending. I have an 8/09 that is pending as well. Seems excessive for individual submissions, since now everyone and their mom is getting their individuals back in 200-230. Called the lard asses yesterday, and they confirmed the receival dates and said they were pending.... FTATF

April was like Christmas for me. While not "batch" approval, it was close.
TBAC .338 certified 8-16-22. Approved 4-14-23
Elite Iron Asset .375 certified 9-1-22. Approved 4-16-23
TBAC Ultra 9 DT .30 certified 8-16-22. Approved 4-19-23

All E-Form individual submittals.

A few years ago, I had a form1 that was taking forever for no apparent reason and I emailed the generic NFA email and she was who responded. With that particular application, I ended up getting my state Rep involved and the thing was approved within a week.

Since then, when I’ve had a question, I used her email and she’s answered relatively quickly. You can also send straight to the NFA email and hopefully someone gets back to you quickly, then keep that address and use it when you have a Q.
Thank you I appreciate the answer. Is the generic NFA email, [email protected]?

Do you think it helps you’re from the home state crowd, being from WV? 😊

Reactions: darkfader
I've had a couple come back recently. Almost 240 days since submitting on the last.
Efile
7-27-22 to 4-21-23

Here‘s two approvals captured in the same post string:

Entity: Individual
Pending: 2022-10-29
Approved: 2023-04-22
Wait: 175 days 😳

Entity: Trust-1
Pending: 2022-07-06
Approved: 2023-04-22
Wait: 290 days

That’s a 115 day leapfrogging ahead of an earlier trust, of an individual submission. ATF: “We process in the order received.”

This is the stuff for Congressional hearings. This is the type of screenshot that should be provided to every congressperson contacted and forwarded to their ATF liason and a disclosure of the processes of how submissions are assigned and what it will take to fix it.

Certainly this is good for people who submit as an individual

Attachments

• IMG_3717.png
    IMG_3717.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
So I caved and email and cced all the atf branches the same thing to make sure someone at least sees it, so we’ll see if I go to the bottom of the list or they help me fingers crossed.

So I caved and email and cced all the atf branches the same thing to make sure someone at least sees it, so we’ll see if I go to the bottom of the list or they help me fingers crossed.
What are you emailing? I imagine these approvals are like the post office. The mail just keeps coming and coming and coming. Then you get people asking “where’s my approval”. I’d probably find a reason to put anybody that complained to the back of the line!

What are you emailing? I imagine these approvals are like the post office. The mail just keeps coming and coming and coming. Then you get people asking “where’s my approval”. I’d probably find a reason to put anybody that complained to the back of the line!
Essentially I am emailing them because I am concerned of not being assigned to an examiner as I am past the 270 day average. Idk I seemed to make sure it came off as polite and concerned not being an asshole or nothing just trying to make sure I’m taken care of idc when if it’s the near future but not another 200 days

Last edited:
“…the same thing…” Are you referring to my post above, you sent them a screenshot of the Reddit post with the 115 day out of order approval?

“…the same thing…” Are you referring to my post above, you sent them a screenshot of the Reddit post with the 115 day out of order approval?
No what I meant by same thing is I forwarded an email to all the pertaining departments the “same” word for word email from me to each respective place with the request if it it’s not at the correct department it be forwarded on behalf to the correct place to look into it.

I don’t know what Reddit post your talking about, Im normally not the one to bug or bitch about something but when I was told 90 days, then 270, and then it’s like who knows it’s absurd.