• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick question for all as you've helped me previously in this process. Should I be able to see the forms filed in my name under submitted/ in process on the eforms website? I'm starting to get nervous because everybody else is hitting and the recents are all about my same timeframe. TIA.
Form 1 yes. Form 4 I believe no.

I have a Dead Air Nomad L and a TBAC .22 L-1 registered to me only

What happens to them when I am no more?

I would like to pass them on to my boys.

Do I need to apply for a trust with the suppressors and the boys and me in it?

Have to pay for the tax stamps again?

Hope I'm around to enjoy them all for awhile yet, but you never know when you will be called up.

Just want to make that transition as trouble free as possible.

Any future purchases could be put in the same trust?

Thank you

Hope I'm around to enjoy them all for awhile yet, but you never know when you will be called up.

Thank you
If you setup a trust any future purchases could go into it, but my understanding is to transfer it to your trust you'd have to pay $200 again, to sell it to yourself essentially.

I know it sounds crazy but our government loves their tax $$$

Reactions: sandhiller

Thank you

your NFA items will be transferred to your heirs tax free on a Form 5. i would not spend the $200 tax stamp money each to put into a trust just to have a trust.

Yeah, but to facilitate future stuff going to heirs, I would make a trust for future items, list only one beneficiary, and then in the future it it's pretty full and you don't plan on adding anything to it for a while, add "responsible persons" if you want to share items with them. If not, leave it with just beneficiary. Or you can keep adding amendments removing and adding responsible persons, but I've always been afraid ATF would frown on this. However Goldman told me there's nothing wrong with doing it.

Yeah, but to facilitate future stuff going to heirs, I would make a trust for future items, list only one beneficiary, and then in the future it it's pretty full and you don't plan on adding anything to it for a while, add "responsible persons" if you want to share items with them. If not, leave it with just beneficiary. Or you can keep adding amendments removing and adding responsible persons, but I've always been afraid ATF would frown on this. However Goldman told me there's nothing wrong with doing it.
I choose this route

Last I knew, everytime you purchase something everyone on your trust must do paperwork. Could be wrong but remember it is the government. Complicates everything!!

It is not “everyone in your trust”, it is all “responsible persons“. A beneficiary is not a responsible person, but other trustees generally are. That is why my advice is to have a trust with just a beneficiary so that you don’t have to dick around with paperwork for seven trustees each time you submit for an item which is cumbersome, impracticable and unnecessary.

There are two ways around that: first is to have a trust eg “gun trust #1” that you fill up with a certain number of items - say five 10, 20, whatever - then add trustees or other responsible persons as an amendment after their stamp approval, but don’t add other items to the trust through the ATF after the date of that amendment,. To add new items, start a new trust such as “gun trust #two” or whatever. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum

The other way, according to one of the original, and most prominent lawyers providing gun trusts, is to make an amendment, say, amendment number five, that removes all of the trustees prior to submitting for a new item. Then after the new item(s) is approved by the ATF, make amendment number six, adding the trustees right back on. It is obviously a loophole, but apparently the ATF can’t do a damn thing about it according to that lawyer.

This is what @Raider4044 looks like in real life. So now we know why the 4 cans were approved at lightning speed. Congratulations.

11b0267795f13cd8bc42030a64719068.jpg

Submitted 12/02/22
Approved 5/23/23
eForm 4, trust with 1 RP
172 days total

Two pending forms outstanding at this time.
The trust times are getting faster! Hopefully my Polonium will come back soon! It’s at 138 days right now. And the 3 others after that are all spaced about 30 days apart. Maybe they’ll do a batch? 🤷🏼 Would be nice.

Submitted 12/02/22
Approved 5/23/23
eForm 4, trust with 1 RP
172 days total

Two pending forms outstanding at this time.
I have a 12/21/22 certified can, so this is kind of exciting to hear, even though I am fully aware mine could still be several months out, but it's encouraging to see at least a few folks doing relatively well on approval times.

The trust times are getting faster! Hopefully my Polonium will come back soon! It’s at 138 days right now. And the 3 others after that are all spaced about 30 days apart. Maybe they’ll do a batch? 🤷🏼 Would be nice.
There are actually quite a few batch approvals coming through on the approval megathread on Reddit.

Well, y’all are going to hate me, but I just had 4 cans approved this morning. First three were submitted 4/12/23 and the 4th was submitted 5/17/23. 53 days and 18 days. To say I was surprised is an understatement. All Form 4s submitted as a Trust with 1 RP.
WOW! Certainly luck of the draw! I submitted on 5/21/23. Whoever approved yours must have been new. They'll be sent back for re-training or fired for failure to adapt, but congrats!

Form 4 Trust, approved today at 6:14am Central.
Was hoping for a batch approval, but no such luck :(

9/26/22 submitted
6/7/23 approved

Still waiting
1 - 1/14/23
5 - 4/13/23

Attachments

• 5C9B0959-5CF9-4E9E-A097-CA461FF5367A.jpeg
    5C9B0959-5CF9-4E9E-A097-CA461FF5367A.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Form 4 Trust, approved today at 6:14am Central.
Was hoping for a batch approval, but no such luck :(

9/26/22 submitted
6/7/23 approved

Still waiting
1 - 1/14/23
5 - 4/13/23
Congrats man September that’s great. August here patiently waiting

Eform 4 SingleShot Trust Supressor
Submitted 11/28 Approved 6/6
190 Days

This had previously been submitted and withdrawn via Eform when I moved states. Don’t be jealous of the wait time - I ordered this from TBAC in April of 2021. One of the last Gen 1 338 Ultras.

I have another one that submitted 12/21/2022 that is still pending.

This gives me hope.
I originally filed on the 23rd but efile deleted my info because of a problem with efile at the time.
Finally got it certified on the 6th so there is hope. Well at least false hope with the way the atf is going.

Why TF can’t I get that lucky? I’ve got 4 pending, and the longest is at 145 days, but they’re all 30 days (or less) apart from each other. I sure hope this happens to mine!

the batch approvals are all over the place. no ryhme or reason.

only thing i can think is that ATF/NFA is cherry picking a bunch of random forms to manipulate their wait time numbers. who knows.

From my local FFL. They are seeing July and August 2022 submissions getting approved now.