• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Okay, so I don’t pay much attention to tracking these things but am interested now for some reason. I filed 2 Efile forms at my LGS in July-ish. How does one go about checking status online? Or is that even possible?

Okay, so I don’t pay much attention to tracking these things but am interested now for some reason. I filed 2 Efile forms at my LGS in July-ish. How does one go about checking status online? Or is that even possible?
I could be mistaken but I do not believe you can track progress online through the eforms atf site. I believe the process is simply send it away and wait for the email approval notification from the ATF. That is how the last 3 worked for me over the past 18 months. All I ever received was the initial submission confirmation email and the approval email for each one after approximately 287 days. I logged into the atf eforms site and it did not show anything.

I could be mistaken but I do not believe you can track progress online through the eforms atf site. I believe the process is simply send it away and wait for the email approval notification from the ATF. That is how the last 3 worked for me over the past 18 months. All I ever received was the initial submission confirmation email and the approval email for each one after approximately 287 days. I logged into the atf eforms site and it did not show anything.
Thanks, typical gubmint operation then, kinda what I expected. All information flows in only one direction, up.

Correct, there’s no progress you can track online. Back during paper forms, you could call and see what your status was (basically, pending or approved) because the process took longer. A few pages back people were able to find an email to see if your NICS check was done , I think.

Reactions: lash
Call ATF, @(304)616-4500. Make sure you have your serial number and order# for each item. They will tell you if said items are pending approval or other…

Reactions: Jackal66 and lash
I'm waiting on one that I originally certified March 2022, but they kicked back without explanation in February 2023, and it's still not approved. What should I do at this point?
As mentioned call the ATF and shoot an e-mail to [email protected]. Give them your name, DOB, and state of residence (no need for great detail) and ask if you have any pending or delayed checks for Form 4s. They might be able to enlighten you. I was told all my checks had cleared and to contact the ATF.

I have to give them a call next week. Have a Magnus that was submitted on 12/4/23 and have yet to receive my certification email.

IMG_6927.jpeg
Omega 36M
EForm 4
Officially submitted 12/23/22
Approved 01/02/24

Last edited:
Submitted form 1 in July. Is this the normal wait time? Thinking I should do another just to see if that gets approved first.

Seeing a lot of 7-30 day turnarounds floating around the web on Form 1s.

I’m currently at 15 days with a mil expedite letter in and no dice so far.

Two years??? You have an insight as to why so long? And did you do anything to finally break it free?
I called the ATF two times throughout the wait after fall and also email my congressman but neither did any good. My form one approved 6:30am Jan 2nd and around 10:30 am same morning the form 4 magically cleared.

Reactions: Baron23 and lash
Just got my Form 1 back in 18 days.
Submitted 11/27/23
Approved 12/15/23
View attachment 8315079
I did a form 1 Dec 5th and it was approved Jan 2nd.
Just pushed another form 1 through today. Curious if it’ll be as fast!

Efile Form 1
Trust (1 RP)
Snail mailed prints
Submitted 12/31/23
Approved 1/16/24

This is what @sgtkeebler, @JIMB3AM and @Desert_Racer look like in real life. No wonder they get their Form 1s approved faster than a dog takes to a bone! Congratulations!

e7e9640e534aae179e3bd6d0abb8c3f2.jpg
348d3586b264feb51d369293d4b60c89.jpg
777efe708ee18d91af89f4cff050674e.jpg

• Haha
Form 4
Submitted 5/14/23
Approved 1/08/24

Form 1
Submitted 10/24/23
Approved 1/09/24

Both approved the same day my congressman’s staff received a reply from the FBI saying all items approved. I have another Form 4 submitted 11/10/23 that FBI cleared and ATF replied “avg wait times are currently 225 days.” So they know they can just hit the button but they just wouldn’t.

Form 4
Submitted 5/14/23
Approved 1/08/24

Form 1
Submitted 10/24/23
Approved 1/09/24

Both approved the same day my congressman’s staff received a reply from the FBI saying all items approved. I have another Form 4 submitted 11/10/23 that FBI cleared and ATF replied “avg wait times are currently 225 days.” So they know they can just hit the button but they just wouldn’t.
They could literally process them in 5 to 15 minutes (same as a NICS check for a gun purchase), but they don’t… It’s called government, bureaucracy, and job security. 🙄🙄🙄

They could literally process them in 5 to 15 minutes (same as a NICS check for a gun purchase), but they don’t… It’s called government, bureaucracy, and job security. 🙄🙄🙄
That is exactly it
From the time I hit submit on a NICS check, I usually give it a minute to check status and rarely is it not "proceed" at that point.
As greedy as them bassturds are to take our money you would think they would see the untapped gold mine and jack the examiners up to get em pushed through quicker.
And I, like an idiot would give them more money just to own a piece of pipe 🤬

Form 4
Submitted 5/14/23
Approved 1/08/24

Form 1
Submitted 10/24/23
Approved 1/09/24

I'm at 7 months on a form 1...

• Wow
Reactions: JIMB3AM
I read so many threads on Form 4s that I’m not sure what way is up. I finally got a reply from the NICS Liason email address after over a month today. It said, “The NICS currently shows no National Firearm Act (NFA) checks for you.”

Does this mean it’s in the ATFs hands at this point?

Last edited:
Impressions? Just put one in jail myself.
When I purchased it, I told myself it would be my only one. After about ten rounds down range with it, I let my dealer know I was ordering another one for my AR's, a dedicated QD one.

It's my first and I've only shot a couple of rounds through a suppressed 10.5" AR prior so I have no real experience to compare it to but it's like shooting subsonic 22 target ammo from a rifle, maybe less in noise signature. It's damn quiet to me, not the least bit of discomfort while shooting without hearing protection.

It seems to have a marked effect on the recoil as well. I don't know if that is a thing or if a component of recoil is your reaction to muzzle blast (I'd like to hear from those experienced in this).

Here's a crappy(windy) video of me shooting my 6.5 TL3 and the enticer:

Last edited: