• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My delays at the local FFL, on a 4473, last 5-15 minutes before they call back.

My "delayed-ntn" status with NFA items, averages around 150 days 🤦‍♂️. Not sure what the fuck they're doing over there; but it ain't hurrying. Waiting on 3 submitted 11/6.
Same experience on 4473s. This was the first time I called the NFA hotline to ask about my status since I’ve seen so many wicked fast proceeds coming back. My first can took 93 days (certified at the beginning of the eform launch) then the next two took 8 months but that felt on par with everyone else. Not sure what necessitated a delay on this one, but it sure is frustrated seeing these quick proceeds haha!

Reactions: AMGtuned
Had one form 4 submitted 10/4/23 and approved 2/26/24
Another form 4 submitted 1/3/24 and approved 2/26/24. Fastest time ever for me.

Last edited:
My buddy's Form 4 Individual submitted Fri afternoon 04.23.24.
Approved this morning 04.29.24.
Going with him to pick up his suppressor tomorrow. WTF is up ATF'S ass? Efile down all day too.
I submitted my Form 4 Trust 12.01.2023 and still waiting.

1000002251.jpg

I have written my Congressman about the whole E-Form deal. He is normally very responsive, so maybe bringing it to his attention will help get us some answers.

Reactions: AznTactical
Yeah I just submitted one on 2/15/24 and did a trust for the first time I’m wishing I would’ve just done individual now like all my others

FFL had my eForm staging since last weekend and wanted to wait til this weekend to certify.

Well, guess that ain’t happening.

It definitely seems the FBI wasn’t the holdup in the process.
AFAIK, when the paperwork is handed to the FBI for the background check, they simply use NICS as they would for a regular firearm purchase from an FFL.

This further illustrates the fact that there should be no impediment to purchasing NFA items over the counter like someone would purchase a non-NFA firearm.

I like how most of us are trying to comprehend the eforms issue like we haven't had experience with the atf inconsistencies in everything. Lol.

But it should go to show that if they wanted, it can be that easy to approve. Days
More like 15 minutes tops… Same as a NICS check + Time to read the trust wording, and then sign and date it. 🙄

AFAIK, when the paperwork is handed to the FBI for the background check, they simply use NICS as they would for a regular firearm purchase from an FFL.

This further illustrates the fact that there should be no impediment to purchasing NFA items over the counter like someone would purchase a non-NFA firearm.

That’s what we always assumed but according to the atf the FBI was the holdup, never believed them

I like how most of us are trying to comprehend the eforms issue like we haven't had experience with the atf inconsistencies in everything. Lol.

But it should go to show that if they wanted, it can be that easy to approve. Days
yep! Form 4's will be approved as short as 5 hours or as long as..........never.