• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hopefully I'm getting close, pending as of 10/5, look like about 5 weeks from pending to approved lately...</div></div>

Mine was pending as of 9/23!

I have had an AOW pending 9-3 and still havent received it yet... Of course I always get the douche bag guy when I call and get updates.

Form4 (individual)

Check cashed: July 14th
Pending: August 26th
Paperwork back: November 8th.

The can works as advertised. Anyone ever suppress a 45/70 rifle?

Well I called today, examiner is Dana Pickles. It would have probably been approved, but as of October 26th it is on "error status". I'm not sure what could have been wrong to put it there, I'm still waiting to hear back.

Any ideas?

Well, i gave them a call today, just to see where i stand.

According to my FFL, his typical examiner is Jason Frushour.

Sent paperwork: 26AUG10
Money Order cleared: IDK
Pending: 21SEP10 (It means that your paperwork has been thrown at an examiner and he or she is currently ignoring it.)
Approved:....
Recieved:....

Im a little pissed off at the NFA. Getting my clearance for my job took a hell of alot less time.

Sent paper work in 7-12-10
fingerprint card rejected 9-13-10
sent new card back 9-16-10
Approved and picked up 11-16-10

127 days total by Sara Jones

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent paper work in 7-12-10

127 days total by Sara Jones </div></div>
Well then! Sent, rejected, returned, and then APPROVED in less time than mine with the same examiner, and as far as I know, mine shouldn't be rejected. Dandy. Okay so much for the whine session for me... curious though,

why was your fingerprint card rejected?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent paper work in 7-12-10

127 days total by Sara Jones </div></div>
Well then! Sent, rejected, returned, and then APPROVED in less time than mine with the same examiner, and as far as I know, mine shouldn't be rejected. Dandy. Okay so much for the whine session for me... curious though,

why was your fingerprint card rejected? </div></div>

Had them done at the SO and they only got the pad of each finger. Supposedly they need the first pad and the line behind it with some of the second joint. Thats what i was told anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, i gave them a call today, just to see where i stand.

According to my FFL, his typical examiner is Jason Frushour.

Sent paperwork: 26AUG10
Money Order cleared: IDK
Pending: 21SEP10 (It means that your paperwork has been thrown at an examiner and he or she is currently ignoring it.)
Approved:....
Recieved:....

Im a little pissed off at the NFA. Getting my clearance for my job took a hell of alot less time. </div></div>

I also have Mr. Frushour as my examiner and he seems to be running around the century mark.

Sent: 08/09/2010
Pending: 09/08/2010
Approved: 11/16/2010
Received: ----

All I ask is that i receive my stamp by christmas. I also ask that the state of utah stop acting like dickholes and let me get my damn ID from them. I have to have proof that i live here, and obviously military orders/bank statements arent enough. I hate jumping through hoops.

So I just stopped by my local gun shop where I ordered my suppressor from (acc spr/m4) to get my serial number again so I could call in to the ATF and chit chat. I ordered from this particular shop because I liked the way they do business and it's one of the few shops that seem to actually know what the're talking about. For those in the Philly area it's Surplus City.

Anyway, we got to talking and they said it would probably be a bad idea to call in about the suppressor. They said every time you call in they shuffle your paperwork to the bottom. Multiple people in the shop had suppressors and even the guy who was buying a gun chimed in and agreed. It's only been about 2 months and they said there was no reason to call in beings it would probably at least be 4. I agreed but I saw people on here with forms that took under a month to clear.

So I basically just wanted to see what you guys thought about that beings I see a lot of people here that seem to call in on a regular basis.

It's not going to be shuffled around if you call in on it. They have the serial numbers and names all on a database. When you call in, they look up the serial number and let you know where it is in queue. It's not like they are looking through stacks of paper to find your form.

I just got a form 4 back for a customer in record time last week. We did the paper work on 11/4 and it was approved on 11/15. WTF. But we also have had multiple form 4s come back in less then 2 months. I guess it's the luck of the draw.

That kind of time frame is what I am talking about. I only hope mine comes in under 2 months. I know it probably won't happen, but one can wish. RG

SAS TI Arbiter 7.62
Did it as a trust
-Form 3 Submitted by Suppressed Tactical solutions on 8/17/2010
-Form 3 Cleared 9/20/2010
-Form 4 Package Mailed 9/25/2010
-Form 4 Recieved by BATF 9/27/2010 (delivery confirmation.)
-Check Cashed: won't really know this because I paid with a USPS money order
-Pending: 10/05/2010
-Approved: 11/18/2010
-Examiner:
-Stamp Recieved: 11/23/2010

Fast, an EXCELLENT first experience!

NFA Item: Submachine Gun
Form Type: Form 4
Transferee Type: Individual
Forms Sent: 8/9/2010
Forms Received by ATF: 8/11/2010
Check Cashed: 8/13/2010
Pending Date: 9/8/2010
Approved Date: 11/16/2010
Forms Received: 11/22/2010
Transferror: "N"
Examiner Name: Jason Frushour

They come to the shop you bought the weapon from, unless it's a Form 1 for a homebuild, then it comes to the house. Your dealer will notify you when it comes in.

JDW MFG. Shark Model
Bought directly from David Whitson (owner Shark Suppressors)
Sent in paperwork Aug. 24, 2010
Post office lost it for 2 weeks
Check cashed Sept. 13, 2010
Don't know pending date. I didn't call in
Got call from David today Nov. 27, 2010 paperwork returned ready to pick up
Start to finish about 10 weeks.
Sandra Snook Examiner

Picked up my TBAC 30P-1 last night.

Sent in Form 4 on 10/7/2010
Approved on 11/19/2010
examiner: Dana Pickles

By far one of my fastest transfers. Also had a couple of customers that have come back within the same amount of time. From the beginning to the middle of October. 2 months turn around time is a very good for the ATF. This is the fastest I have consistently seen them in years.

I had my TBAC 30P-1 approved yesterday.

I forget when I sent it in but it went pending Oct 2nd
Will pick it up sometime this week I hope!

Ill get the specifics when I get it in my hands on dates

My dealer said they just got a new examainer and they are getting turned around in about a month!

so...... am I the only one sitting @ 3 months + and still waiting? I have one pending for 2+ months right now and a more recent submittal has been mailed for 2 weeks and the check hasn't even been cashed yet. Prior to these, my last one took just over a month including being returned to have an "error" corrected. That was only about 6 months ago.

CSI, I'm with you it seems.

I have a form 4 that the check was cashed on Oct 30th, as of today it hasn't even been assigned to an examiner yet! I was told that this is the busiest time of year for them and to expect at least 4 months from the time it goes pending! Looks like this is going to be a long long winter..

You know it's funny, I was just getting on my phone to check this page out to pass the time at work, when my dealer calls me and tells me my paperwork came in, lol. Yay for me. I'll update this with pics and such when I get off work in a few hours.

Seems like mine are all taking 8-10 weeks from the time I send them in. Which is decent. I just picked one up last night. I will get the dates off it and post back

SAS Arbiter on a Trust
8 weeks exactly from time I sent it in to time I had it in my hands.

Must be busy season; I'm picking mine up tomorrow and it has taken 3 1/2 months. Although my check was cashed within (2) days.

Glad to see wait times are all across the board.

My paper work for an innovative arms LDSP .30cal was mailed today using a trust. Last one in the spring was 78 days start to finish.

Mailed to ATF 8/16/10
Approved 11/26/10
FFL received it yesterday 12/07/10 (80 business days)

My FFL said all of his transfers have been averaging about 4 months. Since SBR/SBS law was repealed back in July there have been a bunch of transfers coming out of AL.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Even though this is not my first tax stamp... I still get a little excited when he says, "You're paperwork is approved and came today."

Griffin Armament .30cal Scout:

NFA Item: Suppressor
Form Type: Form 4
Transferee Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 09/02/10
Forms Received: 09/04/10
Check Cashed: 09/07/10
Pending Date: 09/21/10
Error Status: 10/23/10
Error Status Letter Received: 11/19/10
Error Status Correction Sent: 11/23/10
Approved Date: Eh who cares.
Received Date: 12/07/10

A guy in my office just got his 10 weeks to the day, which mine should be here this week. Woo hoo me!

Lt.

Looks like mine ran similar to others.

Shark can on a Form 4:

Check mailed Aug 19th
Pending Sept 19th
Approved Dec 7th

Just had another one approved today 12-8-10.
TBAC 30P-1

Pending Oct 2
Approved Dec 8

Im getting 8-9 weeks turnaround time with my new examiner. Im sending her a Christmas card! haha
laugh.gif

1. NFA Item: Suppressor (YHM 7.62)
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 21 OCT 10
5. Forms Received: ???
6. Check Cleared: 28 OCT 10
7. Pending Date: NOV 19
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
10. Transferror: S
11. Examiner Name: SHIPMAN
12. Notes: First NFA item.

I purchased two more.

This one ordered by my dealer
ordered 22 OCT
in my Dealer's hands 24 NOV
1. NFA Item: Suppressor SWR SPECTRE
4. Forms Sent: 01 DEC
5. Forms Received: 06 DEC
6. Check Cleared: 07 DEC (on-line bank "ATF NFA payment/withdrawal)
7. Pending Date:
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
11. Examiner Name:

this one purchased off Gunbroker from R & M Wasilla Alaska
Paid on-line 01 NOV
FORM 3 Faxed 01 NOV
Shipped 23 NOV (week of Thanksgiving )
At my Dealer 30 NOV
1. NFA Item: Suppressor Silencerco 45 Osprey
4. Forms Sent: 01 DEC
5. Forms Received: 06 DEC
6. Check Cleared: 07 DEC
7. Pending Date:
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
11. Examiner Name:

I picked up my factory Sig 556 SBR on Tuesday. 41 days from sending my papers to picking up my rifle from my dealer. This is my second form 4 item on my trust.

Sent: 10/29
Arrived: 11/01
Check Cashed: 11/04
Pending: 11/19
Approved: 12/01
Arrived: 12/07
Examiner: S. Santa Maria

On a side note, Santa Maria approved my buddies SBR in 27 days!

Update:

Silencerco 45Osprey And Sparrow
Sent: Aug 26
Cashed: Sept 10
Pending: OCT
Approved: Dec 2
Recieved: Dec 9

Examiner: Mr. Jason Frushour

Mailed 10-14-2010
1. NFA Item: SBR - DD M4 10.25"
4. Form 4 Sent: 10/14/2010
6. Check Cashed:Unk
7. Pending Date: Unk
8. Approved Date: 11/19/2010
9. Form 4 Received: 11/29/2010
10. Examiner Name: Suzanne Santamaria

God Bless Susanna Santamaria!!!

NFA Items: Elite Iron Bravo SD
Form 4
Transfer Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 11-1-10
Check Cashed: 11-8-10
Pending:?
Approved:12-14-10
Stamp Received:
Examiner: Santamaria (She handles all of my dealer's forms)

If anyone in Nevada wants to guarantee that they get Santamaria, you can purchase or transfer through Long Mountain Outfitters. Aside from Santamaria being the examiner, Long Mountain is absolutely great to work with and the people are very friendly and helpful.

Well it has been exactly 3 months since my checks were cashed for my 3 form 1s. Been checking the mail box daily for the last week or so. You know, the "is it.................Damn" game. Oh well maybe tomorow. I guess I need to order up the stock for the cans now so I will be ready to go the day the paperwork arrives.

My sbr and suppressor went pending 11/30/10. Examiner is Ferris. The lady that answered my questions said around 4 months. I hope it doesn't take that long.

Got my stamp today!! Early X-mas present.

Form 1 SBR - Trust
Paperwork Mailed: 8/26/10
Check cashed: ???
Pending: 9/21/10
Form Approved: 12-12-10
Form Received: 12-17-10