• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

NFA Item: AAC 762-SD
Form 4
Type: CLEO
Forms sent: 05/06/2011
Check Cashed: 05/12/2011
Pending:
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Item in hand:
Examiner:

09/20/2011- Got a call from the dealer. Paperwork was returned with an error. Awesome.

1. Liberty Freedom 308 Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4, CLEO (individual)
3. Forms Sent: 28 Feb 2011
4. Forms Received: unknown
5. Check cleared: 14 March 2011
6. Pending Date: 9 April 2011
7. Approved Date: 16 June 2011
8. Forms Received: 29 June 2011
9. Pickup Date: 1 July 2011
9. Examiner Name: Jason Frushour

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ds762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's also been rumored they are working weekends. Don't know if its true or not?! </div></div>

NOPE .. someone was blowing smoke! </div></div>
I just got off the phone with my examiner, he is working from home today, in the office Thurs and Fri, and working at home on Saturday...

God.... I gotta send mine off in the next few days for the SBR. Not looking forward to the wait.... bastards....

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: Early January 2011
5. Delivered:
6. Personal Check Cashed: January 19, 2011
7. Pending Date: February 11, 2011
18. Approved Date: April 21, 2011
9. Forms Received:
10. Examiner: Nicki Dudash
11. Transferror/Maker Letter:
12. Notes: I called a bunch of times to check status.

My last form 4 that I sent it was approved two months ago and then sent back to my FFL dealer.
I waited 6 months from the time I sent it in.
I live in Florida and all my form 4's have been processed in Virginia. Every one for the past 8 years has taken 6 months.
I have had my FFl dealer call and check on the status but usually don't bother until after 4 or 5 months.
Good Luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spotswood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last form 4 that I sent it was approved two months ago and then sent back to my FFL dealer.
I live in Florida and all my form 4's have been processed in Virginia. Every one for the past 8 years has taken 6 months.
I have had my FFl dealer call and check on the status but usually don't bother until after 4 or 5 months.
Good Luck. </div></div>
Ouch! Who is your examiner?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spotswood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last form 4 that I sent it was approved two months ago and then sent back to my FFL dealer.
I live in Florida and all <span style="color: #FF0000">my form 4's have been processed in Virginia</span>. Every one for the past 8 years has taken 6 months.
Good Luck. </div></div>

Form 4's go to ATLANTA btw.

Type: Individual
Suppressor
Mailed: 11-13-10
Check Cashed: 11-18-10
Approved: 4-12-11
Recieved: 4-15-11
Examiner: N.Flanigan

I stand corrected. I did send it to Atlanta.
After 4 months they sent it back with a cover sheet saying the form was missing the address of the police dept which the police dept. filled out.
I added that and then sent it back and it took another two months.

NFA Items: Johns Gun's .223 and a Form 1 (2 transfers)
Transfer type: LLC
Forms sent: 3.15.11
Received:
Checks Cashed: 4.1.11
Pending: 4.8.11
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner: Flanigan & Feltner

Just Purchased a 30-P1 this weekend. not sent any paperwork yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA item: suppressor
Form type: form 4 LE signature
Transfer type: individual
Forms sent: 4/12/11
Check cashed: apparently (used money order to evade wife)
Pending date: 5/4/11
Approved date: 5/19/11
Forms received: ?
Examiner name: Albert Lamberger
Hoping for an easy time with this, this is my first NFA application. Dreading a possible 6 month wait!
**Update** Offered my examiner my NICS Unique personal identification number today. I was a victim of identity theft when I was 14 years old and hade my credit destroyed, and my background checks f'd up. Apparently, ATF sends your info to the FBI for the background check portion of it. Mine was denied by the FBI and sent back to my examiner. He is going to have to resend my info again but with my UPIN (this number makes my NICS background checks go super fast) so hopefully this doesn't add to the wait. I encourage anyone with a NICS UPIN to talk directly with your examiner as soon as it goes pending to avoid this crap.
*** Update *** Woohoo! Pending to approved in 2 1/2 weeks! Lamberger is the man. Guess it helped that the FBI background check gets f'd up for me cause it got me to the top of the stack. Mr. Lamberger is a super nice guy to deal with and was sympathetic to the extra hoops I had to jump through. We'll see how long it takes for me to get my stamp. </div></div>
Check out my wait time...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA item: suppressor
Form type: form 4 LE signature
Transfer type: individual
Forms sent: 4/12/11
Check cashed: apparently (used money order to evade wife)
Pending date: 5/4/11
Approved date: 5/19/11
Forms received: ?
Examiner name: Albert Lamberger
Hoping for an easy time with this, this is my first NFA application. Dreading a possible 6 month wait!
**Update** Offered my examiner my NICS Unique personal identification number today. I was a victim of identity theft when I was 14 years old and hade my credit destroyed, and my background checks f'd up. Apparently, ATF sends your info to the FBI for the background check portion of it. Mine was denied by the FBI and sent back to my examiner. He is going to have to resend my info again but with my UPIN (this number makes my NICS background checks go super fast) so hopefully this doesn't add to the wait. I encourage anyone with a NICS UPIN to talk directly with your examiner as soon as it goes pending to avoid this crap.
*** Update *** Woohoo! Pending to approved in 2 1/2 weeks! Lamberger is the man. Guess it helped that the FBI background check gets f'd up for me cause it got me to the top of the stack. Mr. Lamberger is a super nice guy to deal with and was sympathetic to the extra hoops I had to jump through. We'll see how long it takes for me to get my stamp. </div></div>
Check out my wait time... </div></div>

I say this out of the deepest of jealousy:

FUCK YOU.

smile.gif

After 90 days, my latest Form 4 has just gone pending...

4 suppressors on a form 1

ATF taxes...used Quicken for trust
Sent on ............ 1/21/2011
Checks cashed. 2/1/2011
Pending .............2/29/2011
Returned to fix model # 5/3/2011
Received by me 5/9/2011
Sent back 5/10/2011
Received by ATF 5/16/11
Approved 5/19/2011

Nickie Dudash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spotswood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last form 4 that I sent it was approved two months ago and then sent back to my FFL dealer.
I live in Florida and all <span style="color: #FF0000">my form 4's have been processed in Virginia</span>. Every one for the past 8 years has taken 6 months.
Good Luck. </div></div>

Form 4's go to ATLANTA btw. </div></div>

But they all come out of WV when they are approved. It's odd that F4s go to Atlanta which F1s go to WV and everything comes out of WV when approved.

The address on the form 4 is different then the form 1. It's in black and white you can read it for yourself....

That's not the fact in dispute, my point was that I mailed both packages to the same place without any trouble having them mailed back to me for a different delivery address. Does it really matter where they get sent to?

bohem, you registered on 1/6/09 and over 5k post.....WOW

NFA Items: Gemtech Sandstorm Suppressor
Form 4
Transfer type: CLEO signature
Forms sent: 16 May 11
Received: 18 May 11
Checks Cashed: 20 May 11
Pending:June 8
Approved:9/23/11
Stamp Received:??
Examiner:Dana Pickles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not the fact in dispute, my point was that I mailed both packages to the same place without any trouble having them mailed back to me for a different delivery address. Does it really matter where they get sent to?</div></div>

Yes, but the fact is that your stuff most likely got delayed, because it has to go to Atlanta, so it got forwarded from WV to GA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not the fact in dispute, my point was that I mailed both packages to the same place without any trouble having them mailed back to me for a different delivery address. Does it really matter where they get sent to? </div></div>

Yes it matters. Why do you think they are labeled with different addresses ON THE FORM?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not the fact in dispute, my point was that I mailed both packages to the same place without any trouble having them mailed back to me for a different delivery address. Does it really matter where they get sent to?</div></div>

Yes, but the fact is that your stuff most likely got delayed, because it has to go to Atlanta, so it got forwarded from WV to GA. </div></div>

Check was cashed within 10 days of the delivery confirmation date from the post office. Maybe they cashed it and then forwarded the rest of the documents?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not the fact in dispute, my point was that I mailed both packages to the same place without any trouble having them mailed back to me for a different delivery address. Does it really matter where they get sent to? </div></div>

Yes it matters. Why do you think they are labeled with different addresses ON THE FORM?! </div></div>

I figured it might be from reading, however they cashed the check within 10 days of receiving it. It may have been delayed a few days, however it wasn't returned and the funds were cashed within days of the receiving address taking possession from the post office.

Perhaps I got lucky and the delay was minimal.

I just dont believe in creating a longer wait for myself. They have it for long enough why create an even longer time because you simply did not read the fine print?

Makes sense to send it where it needs to go the first time around and maybe that shaves a few days off. Especially when the mail man can take forever getting the approved paperwork to you.

If you mail it to Chicago it will most likely get kicked backed or further delayed. WV and ATL, there are people there that are at least smart enough to know which form goes where and where the money goes.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor 762-SD
4. Forms Sent: March 3, 2011
5. Delivered: March 7, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: March 17, 2011
7. Pending Date: April 9, 2011
8. Approved Date: May 23, 2011
9. Forms Received: June 4, 2011
10. Examiner: William Shipman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor 762-SD
18. Approved Date: May 23, 2011
9. Forms Received: TBD
</div></div>

Have fun with that. Mine was approved on the 9th, from shipman. I still don't have it.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor Tactical Solutions Cascade TI
4. Forms Sent: May 11, 2011
5. Delivered: May 14, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: May 17, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 3, 2011
8. Approved Date: September 15, 2011
9. Forms Received: September 23, 2011
10. Examiner: Dana Pickles

1. NFA Item: Suppressor Gemtech Tundra
4. Forms Sent: May 11, 2011
5. Delivered: May 14, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: May 18, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 3, 2011
8. Approved Date: September 15, 2011
9. Forms Received: September 23, 2011
10. Examiner: Dana Pickles

I know its almost more excruciating knowing its sitting on a desktop, when it could be sitting in my safe or on my lap watching movies.. LOL

ok I got off the phone with Shipman just now after seeing your post and he said " we usually try to ship within 2 weeks, but sometimes up to 30 days." If and after 30days its gone approved call back and check, something might have gone wrong.

Ahh the waiting game...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just dont believe in creating a longer wait for myself. They have it for long enough why create an even longer time because you simply did not read the fine print?

Makes sense to send it where it needs to go the first time around and maybe that shaves a few days off. Especially when the mail man can take forever getting the approved paperwork to you. </div></div>

I had the info written down still from filing a Form 1 recently and just sent it to the same address without checking, since they both get approved from the same office in WV.

My point was that it wasn't returned and the delay was minimal in this case. It's not the best situation, but I doubt it's going to get the package rejected, since it hasn't happened in my case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know its almost more excruciating knowing its sitting on a desktop, when it could be sitting in my safe or on my lap watching movies.. LOL

ok I got off the phone with Shipman just now after seeing your post and he said " we usually try to ship within 2 weeks, but sometimes up to 30 days." If and after 30days its gone approved call back and check, something might have gone wrong.

Ahh the waiting game...</div></div>

I can't think of another business where they finish your product and it takes 30 days to put a stamp on it and throw it in the mail.

I am joining the wait crowd! Hello fellow waiters.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor 762 SD
4. Forms Sent: May 25, 2011
5. Delivered: May 27, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: June 6, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 21, 2011 (They said 4 months from this date)(called 19 August and they said 5 months...still pending 13 Oct...)
8. Approved Date: ??
9. Forms Received: 17OCT11. yay
10. Examiner: Nikki

I just picked up my 4th Suppressor today, a new SilencerCo SS Sparrow.

this one also purchased off Gunbroker from R & M Wasilla Alaska
Paid on-line 02 MAR 2011
FORM 3 Faxed 02 MAR 2011
Shipped to my Dealer 19 MAR 2011
At my Dealer 21 MAR 2011
1. NFA Item: Suppressor Silencerco SS Sparrow
4. Forms Sent: 04 APR 2011
5. Forms Received: 08 APR
6. Check Cleared: 14 APR
7. Pending Date: 03 MAY 2011
8. Approved Date: 16 MAY 2011
9. Forms Received: 02 JUN 2011
10. Transferror: S
11. Examiner Name: William Shipman

Suppressor
Trust
Form sent in 1/29. Got the call yesterday, picked it up today.

Yall should be very happy with some of the quick turnarounds I've read about here.

Two customers got their tax stamps mailed to the store today, one sent in August, the other in September.

frown.gif

Good Luck. </div></div>

My form 4 took 2 months last summer FYI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litotes15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A</div></div>

I bet of someone on a roll to get something sold. check how many post he has for today.

...yes, lilly-otis has some quality posts for the day...

A

Oh, and my favorite...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litotes15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bumps? </div></div>

Well, Hello waiters.

Day 1 for me.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor TBAC 30p-1
4. Forms Sent: June 10, 2011
5. Delivered:
6. Check Cashed: June 14, 2011
7. Pending Date: TBD
8. Approved Date: TBD
10. Examiner: TBD

BLK7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor 762-SD
</div></div>

Have fun with that. Mine was approved on the 9th, from shipman. I still don't have it. </div></div>

both of mine pending since <span style="font-weight: bold">the 8th of April </span>and still pending!!

you lucky dog!! ha
smile.gif

1. NFA Item: Suppressor Shark
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: June 15, 2011
5. Delivered: TBD
6. Check Cashed: TBD
7. Pending Date: TBD
8. Approved Date: TBD
10. Examiner: TBD

Just pulled the plug and bought my 6th can. Bought the YHM Cobra M2 .45 for my Sig P220 Combat. Sent in paperwork on June 6th. Check cashed today. Now the waiting begins. The fastest turn-around I have seen is 2 wks but this was 4 years ago. My longest wait time has been 4 mos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor 762-SD
</div></div>

Have fun with that. Mine was approved on the 9th, from shipman. I still don't have it. </div></div>

both of mine pending since <span style="font-weight: bold">the 8th of April </span>and still pending!!

you lucky dog!! ha
smile.gif
...</div></div>

Mine also went pending on 4/8, who's your examiner?