• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD
Re: Form 4 wait time

1. NFA Item: AAC M4-2000, SS Sparrow
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 09/21/2011
5. Delivered: 09/22/2011
6. Check Cashed:09/26/2011
7. Pending Date: 10/04/2011
8. Approved Date: TBD
9. Forms Received: TBD
10. Examiner: Suzanne Santamaria

1. NFA Item: Silencerco Osprey FDE .45
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 10/2011
5. Delivered: 10/2011
6. Check Cashed:unk
7. Pending Date: 10/17/2011
8. Approved Date: TBD
9. Forms Received: TBD
10. Examiner: Suzanne Santamaria

Finally! Got my two stamps today. 8" Krink and my Sas Ti Arbitor. Both are great. Only a .1 mil shift right from unsuppressed to suppressed. Nice and light can.

Just shy of 5 months from sending in forms to receiving stamps.

Cool toys are worth waiting for i guess...my last form 1 took 4 months to the day...i though form 4's went faster. maybe not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My check was cashed for my latest on May 12 2011 hoping its a lucky fast one but will wait regardless and feel like Christmas morning when it gets in. Is there a way to check online? Mine is a trust my third can and in Texas if those things matter. PG

I just checked it went pending June 6th she said it can take up to five months after pending NICE! PG </div></div>

Just got the email from my SOT my latest a YHM .556 can is ready to go. Check cashed May 12th went pending June 6th I guess my SOT got it in Saturdays mail. PGG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who's this Mr Shipman guy, he has my trash and besta be quick about it </div></div>

be careful what you ask for... He has in the past lightened his load by processing the forms into the shredder. Fortunately for me he took 3 months on my first can. Form4 on Trust

As of right now (post reassignment) Shipman appears to be the fastest. People that went pending in July are starting to get stamps from him.

Submitted all paperwork and payment July 13th.

Just spoke with Robyn and she said mine was pending August 22nd and i have 5 months too wait from then???

That is 6 freakin months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously??

What the He%#!!!!!!!!

so what your sayin is I shoulda sent the 200 dollars in an envelope shredded like confetti?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dead Down Wind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Submitted all paperwork and payment July 13th.

Just spoke with Robyn and she said mine was pending August 22nd and i have 5 months too wait from then???

That is 6 freakin months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously??

What the He%#!!!!!!!! </div></div>

Did you happen to see the turn time on my last one?

Mailed Feb 7th.
Stamp in hand Sep 6th.

7 months...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of right now (post reassignment) Shipman appears to be the fastest. People that went pending in July are starting to get stamps from him. </div></div>

That is not true in the least bit. He has had my dealers form 3's jammed up for over 4 months. The previous examiner was doing transfers from Major Malfunction to my dealer in under 2 weeks.

Maybe we should have told them we are with the Mexican Cartel and we want to be treated as the "Fast and Furious"???

I was hoping to have it before Thanksgiving , now it looks more like the Super Bowl at the end of January:-(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dead Down Wind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe we should have told them we are with the Mexican Cartel and we want to be treated as the "Fast and Furious"???

I was hoping to have it before Thanksgiving , now it looks more like the Super Bowl at the end of January:-( </div></div>

I was hoping for deer season but looks like Christmas or new years if I am lucky.

Wait a minute!

Don't Goverment employees work for the people of the USA that pay taxes?

I pay my taxes and now one of my employees is telling me that i have another 5 months too wait for my suppressor??

What is wrong with this picture??

If you work for the department that approves Tax stamps for Suppressors i suggest you get back to work! Now!

Thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: afd77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: AAC 762-SD
Form 4
Type: CLEO
Forms sent: 05/06/2011
Check Cashed: 05/12/2011
Pending:?
Approved:?
Stamp Received: 10/08/2011
Item in hand:
Examiner: Snook

09/20/2011- Got a call from the dealer. Paperwork was returned with an error.
09/23/2011- Error fixed and form mailed back in. </div></div>

Update: Stamp came back today. Picking suppressor up tomorrow

NFA items. Tiger shark and Spector suppressors. Using my trust. Mailed June 1. Approved October 7. Waiting for the mail. Like a kid @ Christmas !!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1979brj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any more new approvals.. Just trying to estimate mine... pending june 30 </div></div>

Dont kill the messenger but I think you have 45 more days. Sorry PG

my last suppressor on a trust went pending 5/24/11 and was approved 8/13/11.... My other suppressors went pending 7/15/11 and I'm still waiting on them.

Had (2) F4s for individual transfer go pending 2 June. They were approved 22 Sept. I haven't picked the cans up yet so I don't know who the examiner was.

NFA ITEM: TIGER SHARK
FORM: 4
Type: TRUST
Form sent :August 4
Check cashed: August 11
Pending:August 19
Approved: TBD
Examiner: Sarah

NFA ITEM: Spector
Form sent :August 4
Check cashed: August 11
Pending:August 19

Form sent :August 16
Check cashed: August 19
Pending:August 30

Form sent :August 16
Check cashed: August 19
Pending:August 30

NFA ITEM: SHARK
Form sent :August 23
Check cashed: August 30
Pending:Sept. 20

NFA ITEM: JAWS
Form sent :August 23
Check cashed: August 30
Pending:Sept. 20

Was told by the nice lady on the phone that things are taking about 5 months from pending date. some a little faster some a little slower.

Just to throw mine in there:

NFA Item: SWR Spectre
Form 4
Forms sent: 07/01/2011
Check Cashed: Money Order sent (so instant)
Pending: July 28th
Approved:?
Stamp Received:
Item in hand:
Examiner:?

NFA Item: Osprey 45
Form: 4
Type: Trust
Form sent and Check cashed: Can't remember
Pending: June 10
Approved: Oct 7
Still waiting on my dealer to get the stamp on 10-14-11.

NFA Item: Sparrow
Pending: June 21
Approved: ?

NFA Item: Shark
Pending: July 21
Approved: ?

Well, my stamp finally came in for a YHM Cobra 45 cal for my Sig P220 Combat. It took 4.5 mos. This was my longest wait to date. Now that it is done, I guess the wait was not too bad compared to some of the wait times I have seen in this thread. I think Lowlight had the right idea. Just buy the can and forget about it. I was not expecting the call from my dealer today. It was a nice surprise.

Item: AAC silencer
Type: Form 4 Individual
Pending: 7-7-11
Approved: 10-17-11
Examiner: Ann Feltner

Faster than I was expecting!

Item: Silencerco Sparrow SS
Type: Form 4 Trust
Check Cashed: 6-21-11

I can't WAIT to get this thing in hand!

I sent my first form 4 off on april 26 got it back on aug 26
I sent two more form 4's off on Aug 2 hope to get back by dec 2!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeRe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Item: AAC silencer
Type: Form 4 Individual
Pending: 7-7-11

Faster than I was expecting! </div></div>

congratulations, hope thats good news for me. mine went pending 7-5. but i've got Santamaria so it may not mean a thing.

my timeline:
Check sent 4-13-11
Check cashed 4-22-11
Approved 8-31-11
9-1-11 Called looking for paper work. Must be lost. I was told I must request a certified copy in writing. So I did. As of 10-18-11 I have received my certified copy. But..
10-13-11 paper work arrived, good to go.
10-18-11 Picked up my new .30 cal can from Innovative Arms
Long 6 month wait but worth it.
Innovative Arms said I was lucky because the wait time may get even loger because BATF let go of two long time examiners.

NFA Item: Sparrow
Pending: June 21
Approved: Oct 13

I need to call and see what is up with mine. Sent in around first of June. What's the number to call?

304-616-4500

Maybe an optimistic observation, but I have noticed that Form 3 app's have gone from as long as 2 months to a short as 2 days from April to now. Also, I have noticed July app's getting stamps. It appears that times are shrinking not getting longer. I also know of a recent 90 day approval, which is a major improvement over 5+ months.

Update: finally

Item: AAC 762-sd
Type: Form 4 trust
mailed: 5-20-11
Pending: 6-30-11
Approved: 10-19-11
Examiner: Snook

Now. Wonder how long for my dealer to receave it.. the lady said they "should" mail them in 3-5 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamawrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">304-616-4500

Maybe an optimistic observation, but I have noticed that Form 3 app's have gone from as long as 2 months to a short as 2 days from April to now. Also, I have noticed July app's getting stamps. It appears that times are shrinking not getting longer. I also know of a recent 90 day approval, which is a major improvement over 5+ months. </div></div>

Mine went pending 3 months ago, give or take a day.

Not holding my breath.

Item: Suppressor
Type: Form 4
Mailed: July 4-6ish
Pending: July 12
Approved:
Examiner:Nicole Dudash

Item: Suppressor
Type: Form 4
Mailed: July 4-6ish
Pending: July 12
Approved:
Examiner:Nicole Dudash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamawrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">304-616-4500

Maybe an optimistic observation, but I have noticed that Form 3 app's have gone from as long as 2 months to a short as 2 days from April to now. Also, I have noticed July app's getting stamps. It appears that times are shrinking not getting longer. I also know of a recent 90 day approval, which is a major improvement over 5+ months. </div></div> don't I wish...mine went pending 28 July 11.

Mine went pending July 8th. Is pending a good sign? Or can it still be sent back for mistakes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine went pending July 8th. Is pending a good sign? Or can it still be sent back for mistakes?</div></div>

I believe pending means you are in the System / in line for "checking you out".. And yes it can be returned for mistakes.

4. Forms Sent: May 25, 2011
5. Delivered: May 27, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: June 6, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 21, 2011 (They said 4 months from this date)(called 19 August and they said 5 months...still pending 13 Oct...)
8. Approved Date: ??
9. Forms Received: 17OCT11. yay
10. Examiner: Nikki

I finally got to go out and shoot with it. Everything is coming together perfectly. I just finished my AR build 2 weeks ago. Today when I got to shoot it at the range, it was amazing the difference in sound. happy to be an owner!
I do not know if I was just excited to be shooting with a suppressor or not but my group went from half inch to 1 inch? I am a reloader so I will have to try again and then see if I can dial that back down and then try it again with the suppressor off and see the difference again.

NFA items. Tiger shark, Spector suppressors. Forms sent June 1. Checks cashed? Approved around first week October. Stamps arrived @ dealer today. Picking them up tomorrow. Used a trust. This was about the same time frame on two suppressors i sent in earlier this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine went pending July 8th. Is pending a good sign? Or can it still be sent back for mistakes?</div></div>

Pending is a good sign. It means that it is assigned to an examiner. However, this does not provide a handle on when to expect your stamp.

If you have any mistakes, your form 4 will be sent back to your SOT at the same time in which it would have been approved. If this happens, don't panic; make the necessary corrections, mail it back in, and it goes right to the top of the pile. Happened to me once, and was approved the same day it arrived back at ATF.

TBAC 223P-1 Suppressor
Forms sent: 5/31/11
Approved: 9/14/11
Examiner: William Shipman

Here is my YHM Cobra M2 (45cal) I just picked up earlier this week. Again, 4.5 mos for the whole process to be completed. Will hopefully take it to the range this weekend.

1319154888_img_1020.jpg