• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think I began my form 3 process in Oct 2012. Form 4 didn't go pending for 3 months after sent. Called again and expected to be complete in middle April 2014.

UPDATE!!!

NFA Item: SWR Octane 45
Form type: Form 4
Transfer: Trust
Purchase: 1/22/2013
Forms sent: 02/01/2013
Check cashed: 03/22/2013
Pending: 05/21/2013
Approved: 01/28/2014
Stamp received:
Examiner:
State: Texas

NFA Item: TBAC 30PS
Form Type: E-file
Transfer: Trust
Pending: 1 DEC 2013
Est. Wait: 4 months (NFA Branch instructed)
Approved:
State: Texas

I called today. My paper work was sent in October, pending December 11, they haven't cashed the check yet but they said I would get it in September so 11 months.

I called yesterday... Form sent may 20,2013...check cashed may 30,2013, pending august 13,2013.... Supposed to receive it in may..... Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called yesterday... Form sent may 20,2013...check cashed may 30,2013, pending august 13,2013.... Supposed to receive it in may..... Crazy

Shit, mine was sent/cashed the same week. I was hoping for before May. I could submit another one via eForms and maybe get it first....

I had one that was sent in late Dec 2012. Check cashed in March 2013 and it went pending June 2013. I was told to expect it in Feb 2014, so hopefully this is true....

My oldest son has several cans and offered a way to really shorten the wait time. He said that he called BATF about two months into the process to say that he might be moving (which he wasn't) and was concerned about paperwork getting mixed up with a change of address. With this, BATF took his Form 4 to the top of the piles received approval almost immediately.

To me? A rather dubious way to go about it, but it worked for him ... twice.

So your son is a liar and you thought that "sharing" ways to lie to get what you want to be a good idea? Sounds like you taught your son integrity.

Here's a novel idea...wait like the rest of us. I don't know why some people think their time is more important then the next guy.

I'd love to have my suppressor, but I'm not willing to be dishonest in order to have my paperwork pushed ahead of other guys.

You are telling us all that if you are a scumbag like your son, then you can jump ahead of the line.

My oldest son has several cans and offered a way to really shorten the wait time. He said that he called BATF about two months into the process to say that he might be moving (which he wasn't) and was concerned about paperwork getting mixed up with a change of address. With this, BATF took his Form 4 to the top of the piles received approval almost immediately.

To me? A rather dubious way to go about it, but it worked for him ... twice.

Last edited:
The guy said it was dubious. At least we know people are doing this. Calm down man its an internet forum no need for personal attacks.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

So your son is a liar and you being the parent decided to "share" your ways to beat the system on a internet forum. Sounds like a winner of a family.

Here's a novel idea...wait like the rest of us. I don't know why some people think their time is more important then the next guy.
Tell a fib to a government that tells outright lies to its people? Yeah, I feel terrible for the lad.

So your son is a liar and you thought that "sharing" ways to lie to get what you want to be a good idea? Sounds like you taught your son integrity.

I'd love to have my suppressor, but I'm not willing to be dishonest in order to have my paperwork pushed ahead of other guys.

You are telling us all that if you are a scumbag like your son, then you can jump ahead of the line.

Easy there asshole

1. NFA Item: Suppressor (YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti QD)
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 2 April 2013
5. Pending Date: 24 May 2013 .
6. Approved Date: 24 Jan. 2014
7. Forms Received: 1 Feb. 2014
Examiner: Diane R. Wood

finally..

Form #1 Pending 3/22/13 Stamp received 1/31/14
Form #4 Pending 3/13/13 Stamp received 2/1/14..

Now to the range... :)

Meanwhile I ordered another Can so I guess I will be dealing with this stupid bureaucracy for another year... Or more.. :-(

Waiting on some Form 4s that I need to check on dates. However I had an SBR Form 1 eForm that I submitted on 10/23/13 get disapproved 1/21/14. I have now had to resubmit because I entered "Multi" as the caliber. I realize the mistake was mine, and I should have read up before answering, but I (stupidly) thought that if the answer was in their drop down box choice list, that it was a valid answer. Really too bad that you can't amend an eForm and, instead, have to resubmit. I called about my refund and was told that it should be automatic, within 10 days.

Mine was sent back to me for the same reason they must have changed something because it worked before.

Waiting on some Form 4s that I need to check on dates. However I had an SBR Form 1 eForm that I submitted on 10/23/13 get disapproved 1/21/14. I have now had to resubmit because I entered "Multi" as the caliber. I realize the mistake was mine, and I should have read up before answering, but I (stupidly) thought that if the answer was in their drop down box choice list, that it was a valid answer. Really too bad that you can't amend an eForm and, instead, have to resubmit. I called about my refund and was told that it should be automatic, within 10 days.

Yep mine got kicked for the same reason... They had me submit the other configuration on a separate letter..

Just talked to my dealer yesterday after picking up my Titan QD that I waited a year for. He's getting E-Filings back in 3 Months! Looks like I have a SAS Reaper in my future!

So is this a complete do-over (the selecting "multi" on an electronic Form 1)? I submitted one a couple of weeks ago using "multi" and I'd like to get out in front of it rather than wait 3 months and start over.

So is this a complete do-over (the selecting "multi" on an electronic Form 1)? I submitted one a couple of weeks ago using "multi" and I'd like to get out in front of it rather than wait 3 months and start over.

No you should not lose your spot in the "queue".. They will just kick it and you will have to fix it before it goes forward..

No you should not lose your spot in the "queue".. They will just kick it and you will have to fix it before it goes forward..

Wrong. Electronic forms have no error status. They are denied, you get refunded your 200 and you resubmit and go to the back of the line.

Wrong. Electronic forms have no error status. They are denied, you get refunded your 200 and you resubmit and go to the back of the line.

I did not see that he had submitted an e-form. My bad. I was speaking of my experience with paper forms....

From what I am hearing you just wait to get the rejected notice and then refile it.

Exactly what happened to me. After it happened, I looked online for thoughts and I came across an example where someone called ATF to rescind their application and "head off" the problem, but they still had to refile with a new application.

***UPDATE***

Item: Thunderbeast 30BA

Form Type: trust — 4

Forms Sent: 3/19/13

Check cashed: 3/22/13

Pending: 5/24/13

Examiner: Jason Frushour

APPROVED: 1/28/14

RECEIVED: 2/04/2014

***10 months & 6 days from the time the forms were sent until approval received***

Okay, since I don't keep great track of these things...

I know that my check was cashed 9/03/13.

What kind of wait time can I expect from date of check being cashed? I'm located in the north east if that means anything.

So any way to head this sucker off? Or just wait to get rejected???

You can always try and have it changed. If you have a dealer that you work with, they may be able to call their favorite examiner and change something. Mine did that with one of my form 4 transfers when he realized one page of my trust wasn't correct. That change didn't involve editing the transfer papers though so it may be different. It never hurts to try. Worst that will happen is they say no, you cancel your app and resubmit one ASAP to minimize the time in limbo instead of waiting for rejection.

Just a heads up from the source.

I got a call today from a pre-examiner gentleman at the NFA branch, who was very nice and helpful.

Despite what my SOT had told me, you can not list more than one caliber in the Form 1 (SBR). I already knew they were rejecting 'multi' as a caliber, and my SOT told me to list out the calibers I was looking to register instead of writing 'multi'. I chose 300 BLK and 5.56. The ATF gentleman said that they required that it was just one in that box, asked which I wanted, and then said he would make sure it was corrected as he passed it to my examiner. He did reiterate that I could swap uppers between the two as I saw fit.

He Also said that I had another 3 months to wait likely, and it has already been there for 9 months. We're getting backed up boys.

Sorry Walter but in all due respect I don't believe that.

I sent mine in the second weeK of Jan13 and received my stamp 2 days before Christmas of 13.

You must be a special person Walter in the eye's of the ATF.

QUOTE=R.Walters;2916726]Sent form 4 Efile October 18th

Recieved stamps TODAY![/QUOTE]

I sent mine in the second weeK of Jan13 and received my stamp 2 days before Christmas of 13.

Recieved stamps TODAY!
[/QUOTE]

Based on what I have experienced and heard, that seems eminently reasonable for an eForm.

Finally in hand after 9 months.

Attachments

• Archangel.jpg
    Archangel.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28

Recieved stamps TODAY!
[/QUOTE]

What took yours so long? I mailed two in first week of January 2013 and had them approved in September 2013. Nine months to the day.

What took yours so long? I mailed two in first week of January 2013 and had them approved in September 2013. Nine months to the day.[/QUOTE]

I hate you all. Im STILL waiting on one of my cans from Jan 2013. Gave it a year (which was the 1st of jan pretty much) and then my dealer started calling. he was getting cans back that he submitted after mine. Well apparently the ATF put a stack of paperwork including mine and a couple other guys he sent in at the same time in the wrong spot or some BS. So he asked if they would rush them through or anything to which he was told 30-60 days >.<

I hope my TBAC 30p1 goes much, much, much smoother!

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: April 2013
5. Check Cashed: 26-Apr-2013
6. Pending Date: 27-Jun-2013
7. Approved Date: 5-Mar-2014
8. Forms Received:----------
9. Examiner Name: ----------

Last edited:
1. nFA item suppressor
2. Form 4
3. Gun trust
4. Forums sent 3/14/13
5. Check cashed 3/21/14
6. Pending 5/21/13
7. Stamp approved 1/26/14
8. Stamp in hand with suppressor 2/6/14 !

Now time for a .338 can going to do Eforum end of this month ;)

Transplanted from the North :)