• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD
Forms sent June 24, 2013
Check cashed. June 28, 2013
Pending July 31,2013
Stamp Arrived April 12, 2014

form 1 SBR with a trust
form 1 submitted on 7/16/13
check cashed on 7/19/13
pending on 9/11/13
error letter received on 3/31/14
error letter returned on 4/1/14
approved on 4/7/14
stamp received on 4/11/14

Factory SBR with a trust
Purchased directly from manufacturer on 4/12/13
form 3 submitted on 5/3/13
arrived at my dealer on 7/16/13
form 4 submitted on 7/16/13
check cashed on 7/19/13
pending on 9/11/13
error letter received on 3/31/14
error letter returned on 4/1/14
approved on 4/7/14
stamp received on 4/11/14

One day short of one year for form 3 and 4 to clear...picking her up tomorrow hopefully...yahoooooo!

The error on my form 1 was that my signature was in the wrong box. I am not sure on the form 4 because the ATF didn't send me a copy of the error page, only notification that my dealer had received an error letter on it.

The error on my form 1 was that my signature was in the wrong box. I am not sure on the form 4 because the ATF didn't send me a copy of the error page, only notification that my dealer had received an error letter on it.

Ah gotcha. Least they didn't bump you outta line.

Suppressor Form 4 on LLC
Paper Forms mailed on 7/18/13
Check cashed 7/25/13
pending ?
approved 4/7/14

I called ATF today to check status on my can. I went pending in October and the lady said im looking at around august before I get my stamp. I sent my papers in July. How are some dudes getting theres in 6 or 9 months on a paper form4, just like I used. What the fuck, over.

I called ATF today to check status on my can. I went pending in October and the lady said im looking at around august before I get my stamp. I sent my papers in July. How are some dudes getting theres in 6 or 9 months on a paper form4, just like I used. What the fuck, over.

Paper forms have been taking about a year, they may have got theirs in a bit sooner than you. There's also the eforms route but there were so many it crashed the site. They are hoping to have it back up within a month.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NFAtracker dot com will give you a more complete story. What you do is submit your papers and forget about them. You wait. You hope you get one of the examiners who actually works - several are faster than others for reasons unknown - but basically you wait.
NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website

I bought my first "can" in 1997, transfer only took about 16 months. I was told to expect 6 months to a year. Since then, I've bought about a dozen more and the times have varied from 37 days (door to door - from when I mailed the check to receiving the can) to 6 months, and right now I have three "pending" since EOM June and late July. I've had a trust for the last six transfers, the 37 day transfer wasn't on it.

When my checks cleared last summer I called NFA and was told I could expect the Form 4s in 9 months.

Well, it's been that. So I'm waiting. I'll call the dealer in a week or so just to see if what NFAtracker is showing is what he's experiencing (wait times are trending below 9 months) but then I'll go back to waiting. There is literally nothing else you can do or someone would have thought of it since GCA 1968.

Last edited:
Got cans.

YHM 5.56 SS x2 went pending June last year, approved 17 March, picked up today (I was out of town).
Surefire SOCOM 5.56 pending July last year, approved 25 March, picked up today.

Now to put it all together, take 'em out and play with 'em.

338BA
Form 3 submitted 4/30/13
Form 4 on trust 8/27/17 snail mail
check cashed 9/4/13
approved 4/11/14
in hand 4/18/14
OR, Snook

7 1/2 months on the form 4. I wasn't expecting/hoping until June

i have seen some of you reporting approvals from the same time frame as me. so i called the NFA today to check on things.

form 4, tbac 30p-1

sent paper work 7-15-13
pending 9-11-13
approved 4-9-14

waiting for the call to make to 14 hour round trip!!!

kick ass!

Update:
TBAC Suppressor
Form 4 (trust) mailed 8/15/2013
Check cashed 8/21/2013
Pending?
Approved?
Stamp received by dealer 4/18/14

I was told a month ago it could take till June or July before Approved. Looks like they are getting things approved faster. Time to buy another.

Man this is worrying me, I sent my form 4 in on 6/26/2013, check was cashed on 7/10/2013. Still no word from my dealer. Im in Washington state, dont know if that matters. I just want the wait to be over. Im having trouble finding the NFA hot line? What info to I need to have if I call in?

Man this is worrying me, I sent my form 4 in on 6/26/2013, check was cashed on 7/10/2013. Still no word from my dealer. Im in Washington state, dont know if that matters. I just want the wait to be over. Im having trouble finding the NFA hot line? What info to I need to have if I call in?

304 616 4500

you need your serial number first, who it is going to (your name or trust name), and who it is coming from (dealer or a private sale).

Thunderbeast 338BA form 4 individual
paperwork sent June 3 2013
check cashed July 7 2013
pending September 10
approved April 15 2014 (taxes were due, I suppose is the reason my "tax stamp" was approved on the 15th)
picked up the can today, went shooting!

304 616 4500

you need your serial number first, who it is going to (your name or trust name), and who it is coming from (dealer or a private sale).

Thanks man, It was a cluster trying to find my can last night cause the place that was holding it has lost their FFL between the time I got it and now so tracking it down was not easy. Apperently it was approved a week ago and no one called me. Im calling it 300 days from 6/26/2013 to today 4/22/2014 for the form 4. I also had an 87 day form 3.

Thanks man, It was a cluster trying to find my can last night cause the place that was holding it has lost their FFL between the time I got it and now so tracking it down was not easy. Apperently it was approved a week ago and no one called me. Im calling it 300 days from 6/26/2013 to today 4/22/2014 for the form 4. I also had an 87 day form 3.

can you please clarify with when you stated ..."trying to find my can..."? what happened?

i believe the approved form 4s can take up to 30 days to be mailed to the dealer. historically for me, it has been around 2 weeks from approval to form arriving at the dealer, then a few days for the dealer to call. i am usually there the next day.

Hello. I'm Norm. I'm a canaholic.

No sooner did I get 3 cans in my hot little hands I start the clock on another one tomorrow. Surefire SOCOM 7.62-RC. I'll get the data over on NFAtracker when the check's cashed. Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...

No sooner did I get 3 cans in my hot little hands I start the clock on another one tomorrow. Surefire SOCOM 7.62-RC. I'll get the data over on NFAtracker when the check's cashed. Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...

You're not alone brother. I just received two stamps last week and only have one outstanding. My buddy sent me a text today stating that he had a stamp come in today with one still in the works....conversation immediately turned into a discussion on what we were going to get going on next. Guess there are worse addictions out there....

You're not alone brother. I just received two stamps last week and only have one outstanding. My buddy sent me a text today stating that he had a stamp come in today with one still in the works....conversation immediately turned into a discussion on what we were going to get going on next. Guess there are worse addictions out there....

haha. so true. read the second line on my signature...

Form 1 SBR on Trust Submitted 16 March 2013
Stamp Recieved 4 Feb 2014

TBAC 338BA
Form 3 Sent 7 Dec 2012
FFL Recieved 26 Dec 2012
Form 4 Sent 16 March 2013(was out of country)
Stamp received 3 Mar 2014

In the boat with you Norm received one 3 Mar and Submitted the SOCOM 7.62-RC 7 Mar went eForm this time.

can you please clarify with when you stated ..."trying to find my can..."? what happened?

i believe the approved form 4s can take up to 30 days to be mailed to the dealer. historically for me, it has been around 2 weeks from approval to form arriving at the dealer, then a few days for the dealer to call. i am usually there the next day.

Yes I can clarify a little but I am just a customer and dont have all the details. Back in Jan 2013 I ordered my TBAC 30p from the guy on here (Rangerwalker) I think?? That does the group buys on TBAC stuff. Anyway, Form 3 was sent, can was being made blah blah it finally showed up at the FFL SOT dealer I chose that was about 45 mins from my house. Sent Form 4 in on June 26 2013. In about Oct of 2013 the gun shop that my suppressor was at along with the place that employed the gal that held the SOT lost their FFL (reasons unknown) to an ATF finding. About a month later I went up there and asked what the changes were and where my can would end up and If I had to do anything and I was told that some of the employees including the gal that held the SOT was taking all the NFA items to a new store location and I would pick them up there. Easy. Fast forward to this week, I see guys in this thread getting stamps back that were submitted after mine so I start calling around. Things have changed and the new store location is no longer on the books for this gun shop. The gal that held the SOT has quit the company, and I get a phone number to a guy I have never heard of that wont answer his phone and his voice mail box is full. I finally track down the old owner of the original gun shop (lucky to be in a small town where people know people) and he told me that the gal still has my suppressor and holds her SOT but she does not work with them anymore. He said he would call her and have her get a hold of me. About 4 hours later that night I get a phone call from her and we arrange pickup. I have it in my dirty hands now after having to drive 1.5 hours to a old run down industrial park to get it, it kinda reminded me of an 80s drug dealing movie.

Oh and the approval stamp date was 3/26/2014 and the person was Snook.

Last edited:
Got my F1 back last week on my SBR eFiled 11/18/2013.
F4 on my can eFiled 11/15/2013 is not back. Called today and told wait is now 6 months on my eFiled can. Every time I call I'm due to get it according to what they last told me; and every time I call, they have added another month. Go figure.

Yes I can clarify a little but I am just a customer and dont have all the details. Back in Jan 2013 I ordered my TBAC 30p from the guy on here (Rangerwalker) I think?? That does the group buys on TBAC stuff. Anyway, Form 3 was sent, can was being made blah blah it finally showed up at the FFL SOT dealer I chose that was about 45 mins from my house. Sent Form 4 in on June 26 2013. In about Oct of 2013 the gun shop that my suppressor was at along with the place that employed the gal that held the SOT lost their FFL (reasons unknown) to an ATF finding. About a month later I went up there and asked what the changes were and where my can would end up and If I had to do anything and I was told that some of the employees including the gal that held the SOT was taking all the NFA items to a new store location and I would pick them up there. Easy. Fast forward to this week, I see guys in this thread getting stamps back that were submitted after mine so I start calling around. Things have changed and the new store location is no longer on the books for this gun shop. The gal that held the SOT has quit the company, and I get a phone number to a guy I have never heard of that wont answer his phone and his voice mail box is full. I finally track down the old owner of the original gun shop (lucky to be in a small town where people know people) and he told me that the gal still has my suppressor and holds her SOT but she does not work with them anymore. He said he would call her and have her get a hold of me. About 4 hours later that night I get a phone call from her and we arrange pickup. I have it in my dirty hands now after having to drive 1.5 hours to a old run down industrial park to get it, it kinda reminded me of an 80s drug dealing movie.

Oh and the approval stamp date was 3/26/2014 and the person was Snook.

glad you got it. i bet you didn't mind jumping thru more hoops in order to take possession. (insert sarcasm smiley thing here)

NFA Item: Dark Horse Arms Internally Suppressed Rugger 77/22
Form type: Form 4
Transfer: Trust
Packet mailed: 27AUG13
Check cashed: 30AUG13
Pending: 30OCT13
Approval: ???
Stamp received: 16APR14

7 months 20 days start to finish.

I get ATF Form 4's back almost everyday. I am seeing from the date it left my shop to approval 8 months on a trust. I had one guy last month do it as an individual and it was 10 months for him..
Received a form 4 today using a trust.
Left my shop on 8-22-13
Approved 4-17-2014
If you go to this site you can print out your trust in as little as ten minutes..
Check it out!!

NFA Gun Trust Kit: Get your NFA Gun trust in as little as ten minutes.

ONLY $239
No Law Enforcement Signature needed
No Finger Print Cards
No Citizenship Form
No Passport Photo's
Can be used for form 1 and form 4 filings
Multi-users
Don't leave your loved ones wondering what to do with your NFA items.
HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE APPROVED BY THE ATF/NFA BRANCH..
NFA THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!

Last edited:
I get ATF Form 4's back almost everyday. I am seeing from the date it left my shop to approval 8 months on a trust. I had one guy last month do it as an individual and it was 10 months for him..
Received a form 4 today using a trust.
Left my shop on 8-22-13
Approved 4-17-2014
If you go to this site you can print out your trust in as little as ten minutes..
Check it out!!

NFA Gun Trust Kit: Get your NFA Gun trust in as little as ten minutes.

ONLY $239
No Law Enforcement Signature needed
No Finger Print Cards
No Citizenship Form
No Passport Photo's
Can be used for form 1 and form 4 filings
Multi-users
Don't leave your loved ones wondering what to do with your NFA items.
HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE APPROVED BY THE ATF/NFA BRANCH..
NFA THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!

0cbd88ed71624696a76d1dc7e481be46_zpsd03e599e.jpg

Purchased: 01 Oct 2011
Submitted (supposedly) 11 Oct 2011
Still nothing by mid-Dec 2012 so the dealer was pushed and said "The ATF had water damage and it was ruined, we had to resubmit last week"

Riiiiight...

AGAIN submitted April 2013
Pending 03 July 2013
Cleared 26 Feb 2014
"Your paperwork hasn't arrived yet" 12 April 2014
Called ATF, confirmed it was mailed and what the process was for tracking the paperwork. Called the dealer back and threatened to open an investigation

"Oh... I was just going to call you. It arrived a few minutes ago in the mail" 45 days after approval?

Riiiiiiiight.

Picked it up 23 April 2014

Door to Door, nearly 31 months.

Still nothing by mid-Dec 2012 so the dealer was pushed and said "The ATF had water damage and it was ruined, we had to resubmit last week"

Riiiiight...

Pending 03 July 2013
Cleared 26 Feb 2014
Called ATF, confirmed it was mailed and what the process was for tracking the paperwork. Called the dealer back and threatened to open an investigation

"Oh... I was just going to call you. It arrived a few minutes ago in the mail" 45 days after approval?

Riiiiiiiight.

Why did you let your dealer send in your paper work?
You send in your paperwork and this does not happen.

Why did you let your dealer send in your paper work?
You send in your paperwork and this does not happen.

After several other reasonably smooth transactions I handed everything off to them because of my work schedule. They had previously done fine, the first opportunity to screw it up, they hit a grand slam.

I got my SOT since then, I won't handle anything like that for customers for this very reason. We go through the paperwork, it is their responsibility to drop it in the mail, not mine.

Riiiiight...

Pending 03 July 2013
Cleared 26 Feb 2014

Riiiiiiiight.

At least Name that SOT and save some grief for the next chap!

I've got 2 pending currently -

Pilot 2 - Arrived in Atlanta 29 July 13, Pending 24 September, ATF stated July for approval approx. 3 weeks ago
SDN-6 - Arrived in Atlanta 29 August 13, Pending 7 October 13, ATF stated August for approval approx. 3 weeks ago

I'm hoping that the changes the ATF announced will speed those times up somewhat.

You want to really know what would speed up the Atf's approval times.
if everybody quit calling them asking them when they would be approved!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Come on dad are we there yet?
Dad are we almost there?

Last edited:
You want to really know what would speed up the Atf's approval times.
if everybody quit calling them asking them when they would be approved!

Lol, look dude.... They have receptionists for that very purpose. Get with the program.

"It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak out and remove all doubt"- Abe Lincoln

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk