• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mary, Damon, and Linda do not process forms. They are receptionists/customer service reps. They are not examiners or examiner assistants. Calling them to get updates does not slow anything down.

it's not a bad idea to check up on things, so you don't run into the problem that bohem did, a few posts up.

i send my stuff in, call in a few months to make sure it's in the system, then get antsy when i see people are posting that they were approved around the same time as me.

i called the NFA on the 21st to see if i happened to be approved yet, and i was on the 9th. then i called my dealer to see if it was lying in a pile. case in point, the one dealer i went thru, when i called to see if they received my form 4 yet said, "oh, yeah, we have had it for a week or so." WTF, really?

Does anyone know if they are accepting form 4's electronically again?

I purchased a SDN6 and my dealer go it in early February to which I promptly sent payment/trust docs and thought all was well. Called today and he told me that the system was down when he tried to submit it and thus the form 4 hasn't even been submitted yet. Here I am thinking I'm halfway there and find out we haven't even started yet :(

I just got the email from Silencer Shop that my form 3 was approved for transfer. Submitted on the e system on March 18th. 6 weeks exactly.

Now I get to figure out if I should wait for the e-file to come back online or go paper...

Does anyone know if they are accepting form 4's electronically again?

I purchased a SDN6 and my dealer go it in early February to which I promptly sent payment/trust docs and thought all was well. Called today and he told me that the system was down when he tried to submit it and thus the form 4 hasn't even been submitted yet. Here I am thinking I'm halfway there and find out we haven't even started yet :(

the system was taken down a few weeks ago. i have a few form 4s that were efiled in early march. this is exactly what i was talking about. fter a week or so, i called or emailed to find out if they got submitted. if you wouldn't have called, then who knows how long it would have been.

the system was taken down a few weeks ago. i have a few form 4s that were efiled in early march. this is exactly what i was talking about. fter a week or so, i called or emailed to find out if they got submitted. if you wouldn't have called, then who knows how long it would have been.
Without a doubt, I'll certainly never use this dealer again. He claimed he was able to submit the form4 however there was an issue with e-forms accepting the payment; thus it technically wasn't fully submitted and he's forced to start from scratch when the system goes online.

Is there a site or way to check when they plan to start accepting form 4's again?

Well, i found out a can i bought in Sept and went pending in Oct was approved on April 11. According to the dealer they still don't have the Form 4 yet. Anybody else run into this length of time?

Without a doubt, I'll certainly never use this dealer again. He claimed he was able to submit the form4 however there was an issue with e-forms accepting the payment; thus it technically wasn't fully submitted and he's forced to start from scratch when the system goes online.

Is there a site or way to check when they plan to start accepting form 4's again?

Efile was just running fine late feb, so yeah, he probably got a tad frustrated logging your info in (it was slow but not inoperable), and slid it off into the "forget this crap for now" pile. Shame on him that you discovered it by contacting him. He should have immediately called you with the offer to send paper, or continue struggling...with the option of your choice.
SOT turns SOB.

Well, i found out a can i bought in Sept and went pending in Oct was approved on April 11. According to the dealer they still don't have the Form 4 yet. Anybody else run into this length of time?

6 months? wow.

yep, same boat here. mine was 4-9-14. paper form 4. the only reason i'm not chomping at the bit is it's a 14 hour round trip and i'm going to be busy with work for the next few weeks. so for me to shit can a day at work just cannot happen right now.

The question I have is the question of the dealer still not receiving the form 4? Seems like a long time being I had a Form 1 approved on April 14 and it was in my mail box on April 18.

Are the predictions from the folks that answer the phone when I call to check status' usually accurate? Everyone that submitted around the time I did are being approved and getting stamps right now.

Are the predictions from the folks that answer the phone when I call to check status' usually accurate? Everyone that submitted around the time I did are being approved and getting stamps right now.

I sure hope not. Sent in in Aug. Check cashed 2weeks later. Pending in Oct. everything that I'm seeing that's around these time parameters is being sent stamps. I called on mine and they're saying that it's going to be August till it's approved. I'm hoping that that's just a blanket statement.

Thats EXACTLY the boat im in. Same time frames and all. Heard the same thing from the examiner too.

Tbac 30p-1
Form 4 trust
Mailed july 1st
Check cashed july 9th
Pending ?
Approved ?
Dealer received stamp may 2nd
He called and left a message but my happy ass was out shooting and didn't get the message.....damutt...now gotta wait till monday. Whats another day after 9 months ehh.

I'm in the same boat as both previous posters. Mailed 12 august 2013 went pending 06 October 2013 and ATF said expect august 2014

UPDATE: I was approved 05 may 2014!!! Just waiting for the stamp now!

Last edited:
I'm there with you snakebyte. My mailing and pending dates are just two days before yours. I honestly was not expecting mine to come in until the end of June, but seeing people who submitted paperwork right around my time frame receive their stamps already has me hopeful it's soon.

Yeah, the quotes the receptionists give are WAGs at best. When I called a month ago, I was quoted July for my 22 silencer, and it was approved 26 April. They are still saying August for my 308 can, despite the fact that it went pending 2 weeks after the 22 can, and people that went pending in October for my inspector (my 308 can went pending 7 October) are seeing approvals.

Something else to keep in mind, is different states have different wait times right now. When you look at other people's time frames, make sure you compare state to state. Al Lamberger for Florida is running right on 7 months from pending right now.

Pilot 2 - Arrived in Atlanta 29 July 13, Pending 24 September, approved 26 April, awaiting stamp arrival (Last quote of July 2 weeks before stamp was approved)
SDN-6 - Arrived in Atlanta 29 August 13, Pending 7 October 13, ATF stated August for approval as of 5 May

I have been comparing my stats with other folks in PA. Thats why im so bummed with the august estimate, that would mean a 12 month wait total. All the other guys in my state in my same time frames are getting stamps right now.

I have been comparing my stats with other folks in PA. Thats why im so bummed with the august estimate, that would mean a 12 month wait total. All the other guys in my state in my same time frames are getting stamps right now.

As long as the people you're comparing to filed around the same time, are in the same state, and used the same method (E-file vs paper), then you're probably not in for nearly as long of a wait as they are quoting. Like I mentioned earlier, I called the ATF at the beginning of April to check on my forms. I was told July for my Pilot 2 (pending 24 Sep) and August for my SDN-6 (Pending 7 Oct). The Pilot 2 was approved 26 April, but the ATF still quotes August for the 308 can. If the SDN isn't approved by the end of next week, I will be surprised.

Surefire SOCOM556-RC

Form type: Form 4
Transfer: Trust
Packet mailed: July 31 2013
Check cashed: August 06 2013
Pending: ?
Error Status: April 04 2014 (my PO Box was listed as trust address...dealer changed to my physical address and resubmitted)
Approved: April 28 2014
Stamp Received: May 03 2014

Last edited:
My TBAC went pending Sept. 12 2013. It was approved yesterday. Individual form 4. Hell yeah. I'm from Michigan and I don't know who the examiner was.

Surefire SOCOM556-RC

Form type: Form 4
Transfer: Trust
Packet mailed: July 31 2013
Check cashed: August 06 2013
Pending: ?
Error Status: April 04 2014 (my PO Box was listed as trust address...dealer changed to my physical address and resubmitted)
Approved: April 28 2014
Stamp Received: May 03 2014

Dammit, my stamp needs to hurry up for my Pilot 2.

Another update...

AAC Pilot II - Received 29 July 13 / Pending 24 September 13 / Approved 26 April 14 / Received 6 May 14 - Approval by Shawn Cook
AAC SDN-6 - Received 29 August 13 / Pending 7 Oct 13 / Current ATF estimate - August 14 - Inspector unknown

friend of mine got his can yesterday, applied march 26th received may 8th on a trust. you do the math.
cheers.

Just pulled the trigger on my first ever NFA purchase. I decided to go ahead and paper file through Silencershop for a Saker 762 and an AAC MPW 9 inch. I submitted everything through their online portal so hopefully they file for me soon! I live in Fort Worth so it will be a little road trip down to Austin to pick this stuff up when the stamp comes back!

Any word on eforms accepting form 4's? I gave up waiting for the system to come back online and paper filed; although I'm not looking forward to the paper wait.

Any word on eforms accepting form 4's? I gave up waiting for the system to come back online and paper filed; although I'm not looking forward to the paper wait.

Ain't happening. At least not yet. You made the right move. If it comes back online for Buisness then just buy/efile another item .

I bought 2 suppressors in December, got my trust done and took all the paperwork to Spring Guns & Ammo early February to e-file.....long before they took it down. I called ATF a couple weeks ago when I first heard about the e-file site problems....no record of either one. It took two weeks, several calls before I finally got a voice mail yesterday that they paper filed my shit Friday May 9. I'm pissed. I've been expecting a call +/- June for my stamps, now its gonna be at least this time NEXT YEAR. SO pissed off right now.

Sent by telepathy

I bought 2 suppressors in December, got my trust done and took all the paperwork to Spring Guns & Ammo early February to e-file.....long before they took it down. I called ATF a couple weeks ago when I first heard about the e-file site problems....no record of either one. It took two weeks, several calls before I finally got a voice mail yesterday that they paper filed my shit Friday May 9. I'm pissed. I've been expecting a call +/- June for my stamps, now its gonna be at least this time NEXT YEAR. SO pissed off right now.

Sent by telepathy

Current times door to door seem to be 9 months or less, and based on the ATF press release a few weeks ago it should start dropping. With a little luck, you could still see yours by Christmas.

Maybe they will just realize how much hassle this is and take suppressors off the damn NFA...yea...just dreaming lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maybe they will just realize how much hassle this is and take suppressors off the damn NFA...yea...just dreaming lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That will require the Congress-critters to do something about it, and whomever occupies the White House at that time to sign it.

I think if we actually got enough people behind getting suppressors off the nfa that we could do it. If we sold it on the premise of reducing the noise of firearms. We would have to educate that suppressors aren't hollywood quiet first. Once they understand that we can say that it allows firearms to produce less noise pollution while at the shooting range or while hunting. Make them a ffl transfer only item or something but anything is better than the nfa bull we all have to deal with. I'm waiting on a yankeehill can that I submitted in sept. and check cashed in oct.

Then how would the neighbors be able to complain about us suburbanites shooting armadillos if they can't hear the report?

I think if we actually got enough people behind getting suppressors off the nfa that we could do it. If we sold it on the premise of reducing the noise of firearms. We would have to educate that suppressors aren't hollywood quiet first. Once they understand that we can say that it allows firearms to produce less noise pollution while at the shooting range or while hunting. Make them a ffl transfer only item or something but anything is better than the nfa bull we all have to deal with. I'm waiting on a yankeehill can that I submitted in sept. and check cashed in oct.

You should be coming up. My 22 can was pending on 24 September, approved 26 April and arrived last week. I'm waiting on my SDN-6 that was pending 7 October. As of today, it's still pending.

You should be coming up. My 22 can was pending on 24 September, approved 26 April and arrived last week. I'm waiting on my SDN-6 that was pending 7 October. As of today, it's still pending.

I am crossing my fingers, the guy assigned to my region (lamberger) said hopefully may but like others have said, when you call the general line they were telling me 1 year from pending time. I want to get another can in the future but I am going to wait for the eform system to get squared away.

I am crossing my fingers, the guy assigned to my region (lamberger) said hopefully may but like others have said, when you call the general line they were telling me 1 year from pending time. I want to get another can in the future but I am going to wait for the eform system to get squared away.

I also live in Florida, and my most recent form 4 was signed by Shawn Cook.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

Hum, Lamberger did my last form so I was assuming it was him but who knows, as long as it is sometime this month I would be happy.

Hum, Lamberger did my last form so I was assuming it was him but who knows, as long as it is sometime this month I would be happy.

The ATF has been doing a little inspector shuffling with the new hires. From the looks of the posts I have seen online and the current info on NFA Tracker, it looks like several states now have multiple inspectors signing forms for them. Texas and Florida look like 2 of the biggest states for multiple inspectors.

Yhm LTA 308
Form 4 trust
Mailed - 9/25/13
Check cashed - 10/10/13
Pending - 11/07/13
approved - "sometime in sept of 2014" as of today when I called the general number. Good times.