• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm in the same boat as both previous posters. Mailed 12 august 2013 went pending 06 October 2013 and ATF said expect august 2014

UPDATE: I was approved 05 may 2014!!! Just waiting for the stamp now!

It's here. I just wanted to post a quick pic of 300 blk with aac cyclone

e73bc6bcb4b5121dd2d11f7a3d3e55e1_zps9e4a49fa.jpg

Form 4 LLC/Corp
submitted 8/15/13
Cashed 8/22/13
pending 10/4/13
approved 5/16/14

Eform 4
Submitted 12/12/13
Approved 5/19/14

YESSSS!!! Finally got them. I got all kinds of gitty when I saw the dealers number pop up on my phone. Just a heads up gents, I was posting a little bit ago about how the atf told me im looking at august for an approval. I can almost guarantee the estimates they give are just a blanket timeframe. Prob so we dont keep calling. Haha

AAC sdn-6
Mailed form 4: 8/16/13
Check cashed: 8/30/13
Approved:*?
In hand:5/19/14

Gemtech alpine
Mailed form 4: 8/16/13
Check cashed:8/30/13
Approved:?
In hand:5/19/14

I sure hope not. Sent in in Aug. Check cashed 2weeks later. Pending in Oct. everything that I'm seeing that's around these time parameters is being sent stamps. I called on mine and they're saying that it's going to be August till it's approved. I'm hoping that that's just a blanket statement.

Sent in 9-8-13
Pending 10-9-13
APPROVED 5-17-14
Stamp's on its way!!!

NFA Item: Thunder Beast .338P1
Form 3 filed on: 2013-03-20
Form 3 cleared on: 2013-06-03
Form type: Form 4
Transfer: Trust
Form 4 sent: early-mid Augest 2013
Check cashed: 11-28-13
Pending: ???
2nd pending: ???
Approval: ???
Stamp received: ???
Examiner: ???
State: Montana

from what it looks like from other post is that the ATF cashes checks pretty quickly with in a few days, i sent a personal check and it has not been cashed yet its been over 2 months since the 4 form was suppost to be sent out, is this normal or should i be contacting my dealler to see whats going on?

I called the NFA number to get a status update and I was hoping some one could make sense of the response I received, "received on January 2nd, 10 month wait"? ... anyway what I am think is my dealer #@#$ up and didn't send in my form until I confronted him about my check not being cashed... something seems fish throughout this whole experience?

Last edited:
I called with my SN and was told they had no record of it. They said they needed a control number, I only got a copy of the pay.gov email. My was submitted december. Hoping it wills how up soon. This was efile

Bah. My SDN-6 (Arrived ATL 29 August, Pending 7 October) is still not approved as of this morning.

Hopefully my SDN-6 will drop any day now. The wait really blows, especially once you know it should be close.

Filed eform on 3/31/14 and got the stamp back 5/24/14. I hope the others filed that day are close as well. Got them in before the site shut down.

That's not even a full 2 months! Were you already in the system from previous cans? I efiled 2 on March 14th hope mine come back that fast.

Eforms that cleared this week, 2 so far.
Jan 9th On TBAC 30P-1
and SF SOCOM 556 RC Fed 14.

they seem to be moving pretty well.
Hope they open the 3's and 4's up soon i have a pile to file once they do.

That's not even a full 2 months! Were you already in the system from previous cans? I efiled 2 on March 14th hope mine come back that fast.

This was the first one that I filed using eForms. I am more that surprised with the turn around. They had sent an email saying it would be 6 months.

Yhm LTA 308
Form 4 trust
Mailed - 9/25/13
Check cashed - 10/10/13
Pending - 11/07/13
approved - 05/14/14

Found out today my stamp was approved on the 14th but my dealer still doesn't have it. Hoping it comes in within a couple days. But it reaffirms the suspicion that they are giving us blanket time frames as they told me September the last time I called.

Yhm LTA 308
Form 4 trust
Mailed - 9/25/13
Check cashed - 10/10/13
Pending - 11/07/13
approved - 05/14/14

Found out today my stamp was approved on the 14th but my dealer still doesn't have it. Hoping it comes in within a couple days. But it reaffirms the suspicion that they are giving us blanket time frames as they told me September the last time I called.

Thats great news!
My Surefire went pending Nov 5 and they told me Sept too. Maybe I'll bug them for a few seconds tomorrow and see if it was approved.

Thats great news!
My Surefire went pending Nov 5 and they told me Sept too. Maybe I'll bug them for a few seconds tomorrow and see if it was approved.

Man you should be really close! Hopefully it's approved and your just waiting for the postal service to show up.

Update for me:

AAC SDN-6 - Paper form
Arrived in Atlanta 29 August 13
Pending 7 October 13
Approved 27 May 14
Waiting for stamp in the mail.
FL resident, approved by Lamberger (according to the ATF call number, anyway)

Total wait - 2 days short of 9 months from arrival in Atlanta, Approx. 7.5 months from pending to approved

I also got this one earlier this month:
AAC Pilot II
Arrived in Atlanta 29 July 13
Pending 24 September 14
Approved 24 April
Received 5 May or so - dealer doesn't check mail very often.

Surefire SOCOM 7.62
Form 4 Trust
Mailed 4-24-14
Check Cashed 4-30-14
Pending 5-06-14
ETA: FUCKING MARCH 2015!

Curve on NFAtracker.com is getting closer to 180 days and I've heard from reliable sources NFA branch has hired a passel of new folks. I might get lucky and have this by Christmas. Hopefully before armageddon.

You guys should not feel bad. IT WILL BE 15 MONTHS BEFORE I RECEIVE MY SILENCERS.. THAT IS 15 MONTHS, AND THAT IS **IF** I get it in June.

- March 1st 2013: Bought Silencer Online and paid in full

- March 5th 2013: Paperworks sent from Online Retailer to ATF for Form3 transfer to my local gun shop.

- May 2nd 2013: Online store checked status for me and they said ATF lost paperwork, online shop resubmitted paperwork.

- July 1st 2013: Form3 dealer to dealer transfer completed. Submitted Form4 for the Dealer2 transfer to me.

- Nov 8th 2013: Pending #1. Called ATF and they said it went Pending July 8th 2013 and still in Pending status

- March 6th 2014: Pending #2. Called ATF and they said it went Pending Aug 28th 2013. They also said it will be completed in June 2014.

- June 2014: This is the Date ATF gave me on the phone telling me when the Form4 paperwork will complete.

You guys should not feel bad. IT WILL BE 15 MONTHS BEFORE I RECEIVE MY SILENCERS.. THAT IS 15 MONTHS, AND THAT IS **IF** I get it in June.

- March 5th 2013: Paperworks sent from Online Retailer to ATF for Form3 transfer to my local gun shop.

- May 2nd 2013: Online store checked status for me and they said ATF lost paperwork, online shop resubmitted paperwork.

- July 1st 2013: Form3 dealer to dealer transfer completed. Submitted Form4 for the Dealer2 transfer to me.

- Nov 8th 2013: Pending #1. Called ATF and they said it went Pending July 8th 2013 and still in Pending status

- March 6th 2014: Pending #2. Called ATF and they said it went Pending Aug 28th 2013. They also said it will be completed in June 2014.

- June 2014: This is the Date ATF gave me on the phone telling me when the Form4 paperwork will complete.

If you count Form 3 times, then it was a year for me, as well, as my SDN-6 was ordered from AAC in May of last year.

What state do you live in?

Filed eform on 3/31/14 and got the stamp back 5/24/14. I hope the others filed that day are close as well. Got them in before the site shut down.

Man that is some bullshit. I efiled a form 1 on feb 11 2014 and just called atf 5 minutes ago and they told me it wouldn't be approved until August. Who's ass did you kiss lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Man that is some bullshit. I efiled a form 1 on feb 11 2014 and just called atf 5 minutes ago and they told me it wouldn't be approved until August. Who's ass did you kiss lol.

Different states have different wait times depending on how many people are working on that state's list. Also, the ATF quotes are BS. They were telling me July and August for the two cans I had on paper forms, and they were approved in April and May respectively.

Different states have different wait times depending on how many people are working on that state's list. Also, the ATF quotes are BS. They were telling me July and August for the two cans I had on paper forms, and they were approved in April and May respectively.

They've also hired a ton of new people though...Wasn't it something like 20 new examiners? (I heard that so, don't quote me)

They've also hired a ton of new people though...Wasn't it something like 20 new examiners? (I heard that so, don't quote me)

According to the email that went out to people registered in eFile, they are hiring 15 more inspectors, have borrowed 15 people from other divisions to help out, extended the research assistants contracts another year, and approved overtime for existing inspectors. My 22 can was signed on a Saturday.

Edit to add: here's a link to info on the changes at the ATF.

Last edited:
According to the email that went out to people registered in eFile, they are hiring 15 more inspectors, have borrowed 15 people from other divisions to help out, extended the research assistants contracts another year, and approved overtime for existing inspectors. My 22 can was signed on a Saturday.

Edit to add: here's a link to info on the changes at the ATF.

Sweet! Thanks!

I filed in December for my Surefire -- My dealer wasn't into E-Filing.

I've heard we're looking at 1-2 months because of the "help" but, who knows.

Sweet! Thanks!

I filed in December for my Surefire -- My dealer wasn't into E-Filing.

I've heard we're looking at 1-2 months because of the "help" but, who knows.

I filed paper forms that got to Atlanta on the 29th of July and August. They were approved 26 April and 27 May respectively. The 27 May approved form should hopefully be at my dealer any time now.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

I haven't seen any of the others yet. I am thinking it is a fluke that it came back so soon. As for the ass kissing, if that is all it took to speed shit up I have plenty of customers that would line up with puckered lips.

^^^ lmao

I just had two form 3's clear in 1 month. Gave up on efile and sent in the form 4's. Hopefully the wait times keep coming down.

SBR Form 1, Trust, paper filed
Sent 9-16-13
Check Cashed 9-24-13
Didn't check to see when it went pending
Approved 05-28-14
Received 05-30-14

It looks like they may be picking up the pace. It took 10 months for my last couple of stamps, only 8.5 months for this one. Hopefully this trend continues.

Looks like we have new inspectors finally coming online. The ATF had originally told me that Lamberger had my paperwork, but when I received my stamp yesterday I saw that it had been approved by Brittany Brown. Her name isn't listed in NFA tracker, so it looks like she's new.

Maybe we are finally going to see the wait times coming down in a meaningful way.

Well my wait begins. Just ordered a TBAC 338BA from RangerWalker71. Expecting my paperwork back in 60 days....... Yea right....

Hopefully with the addition of bodies, wait times come down for all in the process. On another note, RW71 is a class act guy and great to do business with. Now if I can just un twist my arm for another can he has in stock, I might just make it out of this ordeal unscaved.

Check cashed 9/23/2013 -twice as a ach then once as a check on 10/7
went pending mid-October
form 4 returned with error letter on 5-12ish saying I paid for more than the one can on the papers.
Sent back with a note saying only one stamp was wanted and approved 5/25/2014 and in hand 6/3

UPDATE: Just over 15 months from order until receipt. Just at 9 months for BATF to process.

I wasn't really expecting to get my suppressor quickly, but it looks like it may take 16 months total from order to receipt. Here's the timeline so far:

1. NFA Item: Thunderbeast 30-P1
2. Item ordered: 28FEB2013
3. Form 3 filed: 22APR2013
4. Form 3 received/Item shipped to SOT: 07AUG2013
5. Item received by SOT: 14AUG2013
6. CLEO signature and Form 4 forms sent to BATF: 23AUG2013
7. Form 4 application received by BATF: 31AUG2013
8. Check cashed: 04SEP2013
9. BATF acknowledgement: Did not receive
10. Form 4 approved date: 27MAY2014
11. NFA stamp received by SOT: 02JUNE2014
12. Received 30-P1 in hand: 02JUNE2014
13. Examiner: Diane R. Wood

9/7/13 submitted paper form 4 trust
pending mid November
Approved 6/4/14
30p-1

Form 4 on trust sent in 9/25/13 received 6/4/14 - 8 months. Interesting thing is I have three outbound transfers sent late August not yet approved.

once again i see people getting approved from the same time frame as me, i called the NFA to check status.

3 form 4s; 2 sparrows and an osprey 45

sent 9-13-13
pending 11-13-13
approved 5-30-14

8.5 months

Silencerco Sparrow
Individual Form 4
Pending 10/30/13
Approved 6/5/14
Examiner unknown, waiting on stamp to be mailed
(I was told ~ August for approval when I checked a few weeks ago..)

Silencerco Sparrow
Individual Form 4
Pending 10/30/13
Approved 6/5/14
Examiner unknown, waiting on stamp to be mailed
(I was told ~ August for approval when I checked a few weeks ago..)

Hey! U can change ur sig now.

Going to wait till July before I call the ATF. July 8th 2014 will be ONE YEAR (for the Form-4)!!!! and 17 MONTHS (If you count both the Form3 and Form4)!

Going to wait till July before I call the ATF. July 8th 2014 will be ONE YEAR (for the Form-4)!!!! and 17 MONTHS (If you count both the Form3 and Form4)!

If you went Pending at the end of August, call them now. My 2 form 4s went pending in September and October, and both cans are now in my safe with approved paperwork. If they had an error and your error paperwork got lost in the mail, you might end up with the ATF canceling your paperwork due to a lack of an answer to the error letter.

Dealer sent in a paper form 4 packet on May 9th, called ATF and they had no record of my trust, the serial number, or anything from dealer related to me. Should I be worried or is it still too early for it to show up in their system?

Mainly I just want confirmation the check was cashed and I'm pending...

Dealer sent in a paper form 4 packet on May 9th, called ATF and they had no record of my trust, the serial number, or anything from dealer related to me. Should I be worried or is it still too early for it to show up in their system?

Mainly I just want confirmation the check was cashed and I'm pending...

It will take 6-8 weeks or so from the time you mailed it to the time the ATF can give you any info over the phone. The paperwork goes to Atlanta where the check is cashed, then sent to WV for actual processing. For example, my last 2 stamps were received in Atlanta 29 July and 29 August of last year, and went pending 24 September and 7 October respectively.