• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maybe hope soon for you guys. I had five stamps clear yesterday from purchases back to last February up to Black Friday that dealer didn’t receive until around Dec 10. One was Silencershop One Shot and the other a new version of my NFA Trust. Appeared to be same examiner so maybe that’s where the luck lies.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Maybe this should be in the dumb question area: What phone number do I call to find out my status? Maybe it is on my paperwork along with the Omega serial #? (The info is in a bank safe so I can't look easily now.)

(304) 616-4500
NFA Customer Service center

(304) 616-4500
NFA Customer Service center
Saved for later thanks.

Out of curiosity, what information can they give me if I call about status? I don't want to waste my time or pull an examiner away from getting their work done for the day if they cannot give meaningful updates. I have two cans in jail now.

You give them serial number, your name, dealers name. They tell you date received and if its pending, approved, or denied.
Don't I get an email from them and a call from my dealer when it is approved as happened with my first can, or do approved form 4's sit around on a desk for a while before they go out? Do they not notify individuals of denials? Sorry, relatively new to the NFA mafia racket and I don't know the inner workings of the system. I just treat it like a big, cumbersome and pointless machine... money and paperwork go in one end, a bunch of govt chimps humping a football for 12 months in the middle, and a can comes out the other side.

The Nfa didn’t notify me, my dealer called me and let me know when the stamp came in.

Don't I get an email from them and a call from my dealer when it is approved as happened with my first can, or do approved form 4's sit around on a desk for a while before they go out? Do they not notify individuals of denials? Sorry, relatively new to the NFA mafia racket and I don't know the inner workings of the system. I just treat it like a big, cumbersome and pointless machine... money and paperwork go in one end, a bunch of govt chimps humping a football for 12 months in the middle, and a can comes out the other side.
You'll get a call from your dealer when they get the stamp. My form 4 was approved 1/16. Still no stamp. After 30 days your dealer can request the stamp if it still hasn't been recieved.

Surefire FA762SS

Check cashed: May 6th, 2019
Approved: Jan 24th, 2020
Tax Stamp at dealer: Feb 5th, 2020

Reactions: Alihilly1
Saved for later thanks.

Out of curiosity, what information can they give me if I call about status? I don't want to waste my time or pull an examiner away from getting their work done for the day if they cannot give meaningful updates. I have two cans in jail now.

Examiners don’t answer the phones, The CS Reps are who you actually speak with. They can tell you the status but not much else. Some may give general commentary on wait times but most don’t.

Also, if something is pending it means it hasn’t been assigned to an examiner yet. Once it’s actually assigned, it’s usually approved within a week or two

Just curious, where did you find a SF FA762SS?

I work with a SOT in Texas for suppressors for all my clone builds and he can sometimes fulfill Surefire’s minimum volume threshold for ordering those cans. He can usually obtain KAC Mk11 mod 0 and M110 cans as well.

Form 4 Trust - 3 RP
Cashed 04/10/19
Approved 2/4/20
Stamp in hand?

Form 4 Trust - 3 RP
Cashed 04/14/19
Approved 2/5/20
Stamp in hand?

Form 4 Trust - 3 RP
Cashed 04/14/19
Approved 2/5/20
Stamp in hand?

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Based on what I'm seeing, I'm expecting a call soon. Form 4 trust, 4 RP, I'm only about 2 weeks behind 22-Dasher
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised things seem to be speeding up and somewhat in order. I have three remaining, all submitted a few weeks after these that were not approved.

Form 4 Trust Omega

Bought October 9th
Approved Jan 29th
Stamp Received Feb 6th

120 days, 4 months

Image result for hell yeah gif

Form 4 Trust Omega

Bought October 9th
Approved Jan 29th
Stamp Received Feb 6th

120 days, 4 months

Image result for hell yeah gif

Someone mentioned the possibility of sexual favors and quick turn times on tax stamps earlier. Maybe there is some truth to that.

This is what @spife7980 really looks like.

9667f844611ec9ce23ccfc8a34f1d41b.jpg

Called the ATF today to check my form 4 individual status. The check was cashed on 11/1 so I know I probably have a long way to go, but just wanted to make sure I was in process. I was told that they have no form 4's currently submitted for me. Has anyone ever had something like this happen before? I confirmed with my bank that my credit card was charged the $200 from the ATF on 11/1/19. ATF just said that they will look into it. God only knows how long that will take.

Never happened to me but I’d call again and talk to someone else. Perhaps the csr miscommunicated or something got lost in translation (assuming you already haven’t talked to multiple people)

Ya I've talked to 2 reps already just to make sure that nothing was entered incorrectly when they were getting my info. I wonder how many weeks it will take for an actual examiner to call me back.

Ya I've talked to 2 reps already just to make sure that nothing was entered incorrectly when they were getting my info. I wonder how many weeks it will take for an actual examiner to call me back.

hopefully they get back right away.

Wonder if a letter or number(s) in the serial was transposed or omitted on the form...

so I called the ATF yesterday to check on my Takedown 22.
Just found out mine was approved on Nov 18th but my gun store didn’t frickin call me. Thanks, Shoot Point Blank. Going to pick it up today and that will be the last time I set foot in their store.

Form 4 trust (single shot trust)
Purchased 12/18/18
check cashed 1/16/19
approved 11/18/19
Don't they know we sit by the phone for 12 months waiting for a phone call? That's rough man

Reactions: eric.goodwin.376
I finally broke down in November and called for the first time ever. All they said was pending. Then all five in one day last week. So does calling help? Not sure but maybe? I even asked them to batch my stuff and they said they didn’t do that but it sure seems like they did since two of the cans I bought on Black Friday and dealer only received mid December.

Form 4 Suppressor - Trust (legacy trust from 2009 when the shit was still fresh)
Purchased - 2/28/19
Transferred from out of state SOT to my SOT - 3/7/19
Form 4 Filed (via Silencer Shop) - 3/15/19
Check Cashed - 4/9/2019
Approved - (TBD, will report back when I have stamp)
SOT Called Saying Tax Stamp Received and ready for pick up- 2/10/20

306 days from Check Cashed to Tax Stamp arriving at SOT.

Last edited:
Form 4 Trust
Purchased 2/22/19
Stamp at Dealer 2/4/20

The one and only time I ever called to check status was on 2/3/20, the day before the dealer received the stamps. I was told it was “pending”.

Form 4 Suppressor - Trust (legacy trust from 2009 when the shit was still fresh)
Purchased - 2/28/19
Transferred from out of state SOT to my SOT - 3/7/19
Form 4 Filed (via Silencer Shop) - 3/15/19
Check Cashed - 4/9/2019
Approved - (TBD, will report back when I have stamp)
SOT Called Saying Tax Stamp Received and ready for pick up- 2/10/19

306 days from Check Cashed to Tax Stamp arriving at SOT.
you mean 2/10/20, right?

Reactions: chrome
Omega 300
Form 4 trust with two parties
Check cashed 10/25
Approval received 2/10.
Paperwork completed by Silencershop.

Crazyness!
I had a good feeling when I bought mine in october. It seems we have had good fortune and got in right in between the waves of people.

Before wait times were long so no one wanted to buy, now some people are getting through in a short time so everyone is going to rush and buy and the times will go up. Or they are just trying to make up for the rush on the individuals earlier with trusts now.

Who the hell knows. I just know that I was feeling really lucky when I bought.

I had a good feeling when I bought mine in october. It seems we have had good fortune and got in right in between the waves of people.

Before wait times were long so no one wanted to buy, now some people are getting through in a short time so everyone is going to rush and buy and the times will go up. Or they are just trying to make up for the rush on the individuals earlier with trusts now.

Who the hell knows. I just know that I was feeling really lucky when I bought.
It is hard to tell exactly what’s going on, but one has to imagine they’re pulling from the bottom of the pile. I can’t understand why they’d do that.

A few months back I had seven come through at one time, and they spanned a 6 month window of submission with the oldest being eight months or so. Weird.

Reactions: D1gger
Omega 300
Form 4 trust with two parties
Check cashed 10/25
Approval received 2/10.
Paperwork completed by Silencershop.

Crazyness!
Well this gives me hope! Check cashed on 10/19 for my Hybrid 46!

It is hard to tell exactly what’s going on, but one has to imagine they’re pulling from the bottom of the pile. I can’t understand why they’d do that.

A few months back I had seven come through at one time, and they spanned a 6 month window of submission with the oldest being eight months or so. Weird.
I truly believe the do this every so often so they can claim their average wait time is shorter than it really is

I truly believe the do this every so often so they can claim their average wait time is shorter than it really is
I agree, but weren’t they doing that on individual submissions and not trusts? Didn’t they come out a few months ago and say they were going to stop prioritizing the simple applications?

I agree, but weren’t they doing that on individual submissions and not trusts? Didn’t they come out a few months ago and say they were going to stop prioritizing the simple applications?
That public statement was complete bullshit. They just said they were stopping the obvious cutting in line because people called their bluff. They are still at it to create outliers to falsely deflate wait times. Same shit, different week.

Check cashed 04/04/19. approved 02/05/20. (295 days if my math is right?) called and stamp not at dealer SS yet. individual trust

TBAC ultra 5 and ultra 7
Form 4 trust 3 RP
Check cashed 4-12-19
Stamp at dealer 2-13-20

I was told 5-8 from my small town dealer.
Check cashed mid May 2018, individual. Still waiting. If it's really averaging 10 months, I should be getting the call soon.

Reactions: plinkin
How long did it take from submission to check cashed? Submitted Jan 22 and they're not cashed yet.

Nomad
Check cashed 4/23/19
Stamp at dealer today 2/13/19

first can... damn that’s a long wait.

Form 4 individual
Mailed 4/18/19
check cashed 5/29/19
and the wait begins. At least I know now that they did in fact receive my app...
Christmas in February! Got the call that my FFL transfer for my Lone peak action arrived at my dealer. Went to go pick it up and got to talking about this form 4 stamp wait time crap. A little back and forth and speculation later, I asked "so you'll call me when my stamp arrives, right? "
His eyes lit up, and he said, "wouldn't this be embarrassing. I just got a stamp in the mail today and haven't checked to see who it's for yet". Sure enough, it was for me!
8 months and 20 days from check cashed, around 10 months from the day I filled out the paperwork:
20200218_150538.jpg

Apex Micro (Innovative Arms)

Form 4 Trust with two parties
Purchased - 03/20/19
Check Cashed - 04/09/19
Approval on Tax Stamp - 02/05/20
Tax Stamp received at dealer - 02/18/20

315 days from Check Cashed to Tax Stamp arriving at my local dealer.

Paperwork completed via Silencershop. I bought my suppressor from a local Silcencershop Powered Dealer.

This is my 4th suppressor and the only one I called the ATF for a status update. I called on 01/29/20 and was told it was pending since 04/10/19 and they were averaging 10 months. And to check back in 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Form 4 suppressor. March 2019, to Feb 2020. This one took the longest. I had one come thru last year in 7 mos.

I called on 01/29/20 and was told
it was pending since 04/10/19 and they were averaging 10 months. And to check back in 4 weeks.

So if the ATF is saying average wait is 10 months, the where does silencerco get their wait time data from?

Is it fair to assume they get the averages with all the mid stack outliers that are getting processed in 3-5 months?

Friend just called. his tax stamp cashed on 12/17/19, approved on 01/17/20. SShop, trust. his shop had a bad phone number, its been waiting on him. Dead Air Mask HD .22 :mad: i've been 10 months,,,,