• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I called ATF yesterday and they said average 10 month wait on trusts.

We shall see

Per 3/25/19 (check cashed) for my F4 singleshot trust, I called the NFA on 1/3/20 and they did indeed say 10 month “average” I asked if my submittal is in the hands of a reviewer yet and they stated that it had not yet been reviewed and emphasized on the 10 month “average”.

Per 3/25/19 (check cashed) for my F4 singleshot trust, I called the NFA on 1/3/20 and they did indeed say 10 month “average” I asked if my submittal is in the hands of a reviewer yet and they stated that it had not yet been reviewed and emphasized on the 10 month “average”.
Yup. Welcome to the bullshit that is the atf nfa branch.

Reactions: Sainte70
Order placed 3-16-2019 through The Silencer Shop.

Form 4 e-filed Tax stamp cashed 4-9-2019.

Picked up suppressor 12-28-2019.

Reactions: Sainte70
Both Form 4 Trust, one person, Silencershop Kiosk

1/17/2019 - 1st suppressor purchased
3/25/2019 - Check cashed
1/4/2020 - Approved, waiting for stamp
286 days from check cashed
353 days from purchase

2/22/2019 - 2nd suppressor purchased
3/26/2019 - Check cashed
1/7/2020 - Approved, waiting for stamp
288 days from check cashed
320 days from purchase

Almost there!

Last edited:
Check cased june 3rd for 2 individual form 4. Still not assigned to anyone.
fuck me.

Did someone at the ATF CTR tell you it was pending? If so that’s normal based on the time elapse since when your check was cashed...typically, once it’s actually assigned it’s only a couple weeks or so before approval and another couple before the stamp is issued.

If everyone stopped calling the ATF we’d get our stamps 33% sooner
Now that I don't believe. We very rarely talk to an examiner. We just talk to the " customer service" admin people. That's about all they do is answer the phone... It's there process that is broken. But typical beuricratic red tape bull shit, they know they can work all the OT they want. They don't want to improve the process which can jeporzie there cash cow.

Now that I don't believe. We very rarely talk to an examiner. We just talk to the " customer service" admin people. That's about all they do is answer the phone... It's there process that is broken. But typical beuricratic red tape bull shit, they know they can work all the OT they want. They don't want to improve the process which can jeporzie there cash cow.
You are correct. Calling only gets you to the phone service personnel. Has no effect of wait times. Improving the process would require motivation. People keep paying the money and following the rules, they will just keep everything the same. No reason for them to change.

3/25/2019 - Check cashed
353 days from purchase

3/26/2019 - Check cashed
320 days from purchase

Almost there!

why such a long time between purchase and check cashed? i used credit card on mine and it was charged within the same week that i mailed out the paper form. seemed like an easier method so long as you didn't have to cancel the card for any reason.

why such a long time between purchase and check cashed? i used credit card on mine and it was charged within the same week that i mailed out the paper form. seemed like an easier method so long as you didn't have to cancel the card for any reason.
Not sure what yeos had going on with his gap, but I have about a six week gap from purchase to check cashed for my can because they didn’t have it in stock at the time and had to order it. Once it came in and they had a serial to stick on the F4, then we got the paperwork done and sent in.

I'm not sure what happened either, but after initially purchasing the first suppressor it took a very long time before the form 3 was approved. I called Silencershop after purchasing the second suppressor and they said they would look into it. I think they just dropped the ball and forgot to submit it.

Maybe this should be in the dumb question area: What phone number do I call to find out my status? Maybe it is on my paperwork along with the Omega serial #? (The info is in a bank safe so I can't look easily now.)

Maybe this should be in the dumb question area: What phone number do I call to find out my status? Maybe it is on my paperwork along with the Omega serial #? (The info is in a bank safe so I can't look easily now.)

In order to get the status of your transfer from the ATF, you can call the NFA Branch directly at: (304) 616-4500

Form 4
Individual
Dead Air Sandman-S
Check Cashed 4/9/19
Approved 12/23/19
Picked up at Dealer 1/11/19

F4 SingleShot Trust, Silencershop
Cashed 3/25/19
Approved 1/10/20
Waiting on stamp, was told the FFL will receive within 30 days

Form 4 - Individual (Sandman S & TBAC Ultra 9)

Purchased - 7May2019
Check Cashed - 25May2019
Approved - 9Jan2020
At Dealer -

Finally approved. 334 days. F4 trust SiShop. Check cashed feb 8, 2019, Approved Jan. 8, 2020. Waiting on stamp.

I called the ATF yesterday to check my status. Low and behold, my application has been assigned. In my excitement, I forgot to ask when it had been assigned.

My question is, what's the current time frame from assignment to approval for a form 4 individual e-file through Silencer Shop? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

I called the ATF yesterday to check my status. Low and behold, my application has been assigned. In my excitement, I forgot to ask when it had been assigned.

My question is, what's the current time frame from assignment to approval for a form 4 individual e-file through Silencer Shop? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.
Got mine just a tad short of 9 months

3/25/2019 - Check cashed
353 days from purchase

3/26/2019 - Check cashed
320 days from purchase

Almost there!

1/14/2020 - Both cans in hand

Reactions: HenryTheAce

Or (304) 616-4500

Form 4 Individual
4-9-18 cashed
TBAC Ultra 9
22 Take Down
Vox-S
1-14-19
Picked Up

Form 4 - Individual
SilencerCo Harvester 300
Check cashed - 01/16/2020

In for another wait.

All submitted under:
Form 4 SilencerShop
Single Shot w/1 responsible person

Surefire 300sps, SiCo Hybrid, DA Mask
- Stamps cashed 6-1-19

TBAC Ultra 9 6.5
- Stamp cashed 8-28-19

Surefire 300sps
- Stamp cashed 10-2-19

patiently waiting for all 5 ?

Form 4 Individual
1/29/19 Mailed
2/19/19 Cashed
TBAC Ultra 9
1-3-20 Approved (funny.... I called on the 2nd, the date before, for an update)
1/17/20 Picked Up

2 SiCo Hybrid 46 on 2/2/19 Purchased, Trust - 3 responsible persons.
After some back and fourth on the paperwork, Check cashed 4/4/19
Called and Checked Status: 12/14/19 still pending
Called and Checked Status: 1/13/20 still pending
Got the call tonight from the dealer 1/22/20 ready for pickup. :)