• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FYI - Bushnell FFP Mil Reticle Spotter

Re: Final Thoughts - Bushnell FFP Mil Reticle Spotter

received mine today, this is a nice spotter for the money. Nice package ! thumbs up !

now, some more Krylon
smile.gif

Hill billy:
I saw your link to swfa. I was wondering if that is the correct price. It shows the mildot version to be $20 LESS than the standard version 15-45x scope???? Could it be a typo?

BTW I received my scope from Liberty Optics a couple of days ago, looks like a good scope.

The paint looks good to go. I which I had the nerve to just spray things when they where new, just can't make myself do it.

I just love the smell of Krylon early in the morning
wink.gif

replied to your PM as well.

I received mine last night.
Thanks Scott!
I was looking through it after sundown in my neighborhood, longest range I have around here is around 140 yards.
It was quite clear with just the ambient light given off by the one street light about mid range.
This morning I took it out to a local park for about thirty minutes and was playing with it. Could clearly see in the grass around 150 yards or so a couple of rabbits. They were the local little guys around here that weigh about 2 pounds or so. Could see them very clearly at 15 power and damn near count their whiskers at 45 power with overcast skies and a little mist.
So far I am very impressed with the glass quality and have never used a FFP reticle before and I am really liking it.
Will give a more detailed evaluation when I get more time to play and more time to write.
I am very interested in what everyone else has to say in detail.
I think so far, this is one of the best values for your dollar in optics I have seen.

How does SWFA offer this thing so much cheaper than the discount that Scott offered us?

Edit: I assume they are not offering the two cases and the tripod?

different packages, Scott's comes with 2 cases + tripod + spotter, not swfa I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">different packages, Scott's comes with 2 cases + tripod + spotter, not swfa I believe. </div></div>

This is what ours come with:

3784373595_a1c81515cf.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://swfa.com/Bushnell-Excursion-FLP-Spotting-Scopes-C1482.aspx

* ED Glass
* Mil-Dot
* Free Compact Tripod w/ Purchase
* Free Premium Case w/ Purchase

E-mail swfa if it´s in stock..
</div></div>

Yes we have them in stock.

Brady

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody knows if there is an ARD for it ? </div></div>

+1 I'm keen also...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does SWFA offer this thing so much cheaper than the discount that Scott offered us?

Edit: I assume they are not offering the two cases and the tripod? </div></div>

I'm surprised that many people are buying or considering buying from SWFA. I can't afford to buy this spotter yet, although I can tell that I definitely will get one eventually. Even if I had to pay $20-30 more to Liberty optics, I'm dang sure gonna do it. After what he did for the hide the other day (and I didn't win anything), that's where my money is gonna go. I'd rather support the little guy that's looking out for us. No offense intended for SWFA, but that's just how it is.

Not to get into which vendor does or did what, but...

SWFA has always supported this site and continues to do so. So, I would hope that people try not to start a one vendor versus another vendor type situation.

SWFA has been on here for a very long time, they just take a more low key approach, which will be changing for the better, but that doesn't mean they haven't always stepped up for the matches or any other time we have asked.

Got mine today, did notice the jump that LL talked about, somewhere between 22 and 45 the cross "moved" a bit. Seemed weird, but whatever. 2 issues that I have:
Tripod does suck, either too high, or too short. But it is "for free" so I'll take it. Second, why does it have the carry strap for the shoulder on the underside, yet the carry handles are on the top? Doesn't make much sense.
Daughter had fun reading street signs and mail box # (she's three), so first day is a thumbs up.
Chad

I've bought stuff from both Scott and SWFA. I have had good experiences with both vendors. I've got nothing but good things to say about each of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredreded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've bought stuff from both Scott and SWFA. I have had good experiences with both vendors. I've got nothing but good things to say about each of them. </div></div> +1

Shit, I got mine over a week ago, and I forgot to give a GTG to Scott.

Scott is good to go.

does anyone know if there is an already available ARD that will fit the front of this yet??

backyard job time!
wink.gif
ahah i hear you brother

I ordered 2 of these and they will be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to checking them out.

One for each eye?
laugh.gif

They're a great deal considering! Good on bushnell for filling a niche with this one.

ductape = kick-ass binos

lol, no for my business to use in classes

The one I've opened doesn't seem to have any kind of reticle jump like yall are talking about. Maybe it will show up Saturday when I'm behind it all day.

i got one of these little gems. tested the reticle last night. all range calculations were more than acceptable as confirmed by laser. i thought the glass was very nice and the size and weight was inline for a nice piece of kit for my rucksack. comparing the swfa price and the "deal" liberty optics offered, sounds like scott needs to secure better shipping rates. because we all know he gave us hidders a "special deal". i have not noticed any spots or shifting of the reticle durring zooming. i am guessing that swfa is going to have a tough time keeping these in stock. i lovede the quick change idea for the tripod. wish platypus could get this for the slick units.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gman762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got one of these little gems. tested the reticle last night. all range calculations were more than acceptable as confirmed by laser. i thought the glass was very nice and the size and weight was inline for a nice piece of kit for my rucksack. comparing the swfa price and the "deal" liberty optics offered, sounds like scott needs to secure better shipping rates. because we all know he gave us hidders a "special deal". i have not noticed any spots or shifting of the reticle durring zooming. i am guessing that swfa is going to have a tough time keeping these in stock. i lovede the quick change idea for the tripod. wish platypus could get this for the slick units. </div></div>

PM sent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to get into which vendor does or did what, but...

SWFA has always supported this site and continues to do so. So, I would hope that people try not to start a one vendor versus another vendor type situation.

SWFA has been on here for a very long time, they just take a more low key approach, which will be changing for the better, but that doesn't mean they haven't always stepped up for the matches or any other time we have asked. </div></div>

Sorry lowlight, wasn't trying to disrespect SWFA or turn this into a vendor vs. vendor, merely recognize the generosity that Scott has shown lately, especially being a smaller company. I am glad to hear though that SWFA does support the site, even though in the past that it's been more low key, and that they also do at matches. I haven't been to any matches yet, so I wasn't aware of this. I'm glad to hear about it now. Either way, Liberty Optics has won me, especially the small business, so that's who will get my money. Thanks for the info, and the great site lowlight.

yes, i did recieve the pm, and others. it seems as though CHAD3 felt the same, and after one call, scott adjusted his price to meet chad3 in the middle of liberty's price and swfa's price. so it seems to me that scott should adjust the price to the rest of us. scott justifies the pricing by saying swfa is big enough to sell these below cost. he pointed out that the ffp was lower cost on their site than the non ffp. therefore they are surley selling below cost. i was only reporting on the scope quality above, and teasing scott. he took it personaly and sent me a pm to tell me of his displeasure. my appologies to scott. chad3 sent me a pm asking me to edit my post because scott took such good care of him. so here i am reposting. lets talk about the refunded price difference chad3 got.

Ahh the drama. Great to have vendors, both large and small debating who best serves the customer. Havent done much with SWFA, but what I did was pleasant and professional. Have done quite a bit with Scott and everyone knows how he operates. He is a smaller business fighting hard to compete with bigger ones. And doing a fine job. Like his support of 2A as well. Bottom line is that they are both fine supporters of this hobby and this board. This should be put to rest.

Gman762,

I never take anything personally and did not voice any displeasure. I was just curious as to why the post and if there was a problem with myself and LO. I thought your post was a swipe. If it was just teasing you could have said so in a PM and that would be the end of it.

We are not greedy. We often get you guys the best price but in this one instance another vendor smoked us for whatever reason. There was never any "refunded" price difference to anyone for any spotter.

Let me ask a question to anyone here, who knows another vendor besides LO and SWFA who stocked the Bushnell spotter? Not even Optics Planet does (but they are saleing the non-mildot spotter for like $315 shipped, hmmmm). I found one obscure NYC vendor who ads them for like $385 shipped:

Cops Plus

There was a very limited supply of these in this first run. It looks like we got a chunk and SWFA got most of the rest?

If you recall, we offered these spotters <span style="text-decoration: underline">free</span> with the MAP purchase of a Premier Heritage. We had to stop this program because of repeated competing dealer complaints. If you look at the list of authorized dealers in the US for PR the list of suspects is mighty short. PR Dealers

SWFA didn't get to be a top dog in the optics world by being stupid. This was an excellent tactic in the Art of War. As their only competition for Excursion sales here on the Hide was us, they flexed their muscles to dominate. At the same time, it creates cognitive dissonance on why we might be "fleecing" our customers here. Very smart, and competitive.

At any rate, we are sold out of the spotters, and are returning 8 defective ones to Bushnell for credit.

$319.95 plus shipping is a great price for the spotter for those in the market. We regret we were unable to match that price.

Thanks for all your support. As Lowlight alluded to, SWFA has been around longer than us, they are much bigger than us, and they support the shooting sports.

I hope the spotters serve well and make you guys happy.

Scott

i think they will work out. what was the malfunction with the other ones being returned? it seems to be a very adequate piece of equipment. i have never heard anything dishonorable about scott and lo. so i have no idead why chad3 sent me a message telling me that you gave him a further price reduction. anyone have any questions about this, refer to chad3. bottom line, these are very good no matter where you get them from.

ok i need to clarify. chad3 has pointed out that he didnot recieve a refund. scott adjusted his price prior to the sale. what i meant was, in light of this deal cutting, maybe we should recieve a refund to reflect the discounted price offered to chad3. hope that straightens things out.

I heard a guy that got a return stock for $200 bucks, start sending back the cash... I got a $30,000 car for $24,000, you guys want to know the dealership.
I'm just saying.
I asked Scott a question, he responded. Anyone can do the same. If you are happy with a price, cool deal, all are happy. I traded a guy a return stock for a receiver, I wanted a receiver, he wanted a stock, don't care how much, we were both happy. After the fact, done deal.
Hope this ends.

What a load of horseshit....

Scott said he would retail these units for under $400. He never claimed it was the best deal anywhere. He never offered a lowest price guarantee. He simply followed through on his word and sold the units at under $400.00.

Everyone jumped with giddy enthusiasm to be the first kid on their block with the new mildot spotter, content it was well worth the tarrif asked.

Now, SWFA is marketing the the same optic at a lower price. How does this make Scott the bad guy? It doesn't. This is simply one larger business doing what it can afford to do to win marketshare in a competetive market. It's just the American way of business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a load of horseshit....

Scott said he would retail these units for under $400. He never claimed it was the best deal anywhere. He never offered a lowest price guarantee. He simply followed through on his word and sold the units at under $400.00.

Everyone jumped with giddy enthusiasm to be the first kid on their block with the new mildot spotter, content it was well worth the tarrif asked.

Now, SWFA is marketing the the same optic at a lower price. How does this make Scott the bad guy? It doesn't. This is simply one larger business doing what it can afford to do to win marketshare in a competetive market. It's just the American way of business.

</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gman762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok i need to clarify. chad3 has pointed out that he didnot recieve a refund. scott adjusted his price prior to the sale. what i meant was, in light of this deal cutting, maybe we should recieve a refund to reflect the discounted price offered to chad3. hope that straightens things out. </div></div>

Somehow you hear about a one-off deal someone gets and now everyone else should expect a refund? Yeah right. Maybe you should move to China or Canada for those kind of deals.

You shouldn’t expect the same things from these two vendors. Comparing a larger and smaller outfit directly across the board does not do justice to either of them. They are each doing what they can to make us happy about dealing with them.

And here is where I agree with our President on spreading the wealth around. I don’t necessarily go with the cheapest source. That will only drive the smaller competition out of business and in the end is not such a good idea. I have bought from SWFA in the past and intend to buy from LO in the future. I like having a choice on who I can buy from and if that means going out of my way and spending a little more on some items that is what I will do. We need more places out there not less.

This Bushnell Spotting Scope seems to be a great product for the money they are asking for it. I don’t see how you can go wrong buying it from either of these guys. Just remember to support ALL the vendors out there that support you.

I totally agree with MontanaMarine. This thread is not about where can you get the spotter the cheapest. I got on the list to get this spotter from scott and said I would pay $400 and I did. I find stuff cheaper some times after a purchase and I just move on.

I think it's time for gman762 to bow out gracefully and put this thread back on topic. I do appreciate the field test comparison with the laser and mil retical. Good info. I have not had a chance to do that yet.

I like both vendors and I have bought a lot from SWFA. Scott squared me away so I gave LO a first time try and everything was great.

for those that own the Excursion spotting scope, how do you guys find the range estimation using the spotting scope? i.e. how accurate is the FFP mil-dot? consistant throughout all magnifications?

I just ordered one, and look forward to playing with it, but just wondering how you guys find it for ranging targets?

Thanks,

Or at 111yds go 4" apart.

John

Are these still being made?
What exactly are they called?
Thanks.

Re: Final Thoughts - Bushnell FFP Mil Reticle Spot

As of about two weeks ago... Liberty Optics did not have any and wasn't planning on getting more. SWFA also said they did not have any and didn't know when they would get more. Both said the ones that they did sell had quite a bit of problems. I wish they weren't having issues because I would really like what it is for the price it is, but I don't really feel like taking a 1 in 4 chance that it will be all F-ed up. *sigh*... anyone have a nice one they want to sell?
grin.gif

Re: Final Thoughts - Bushnell FFP Mil Reticle Spot

That's a bummer. Guess the only way to get a decent spotting scope with mildot is to try and fork up another grand for the Mark4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of about two weeks ago... Liberty Optics did not have any and wasn't planning on getting more. SWFA also said they did not have any and didn't know when they would get more. Both said the ones that they did sell had quite a bit of problems. I wish they weren't having issues because I would really like what it is for the price it is, but I don't really feel like taking a 1 in 4 chance that it will be all F-ed up. *sigh*... anyone have a nice one they want to sell?
grin.gif
</div></div>