• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP M40A3 DROP TEST RESULTS

Re: GAP M40A3 DROP TEST RESULTS

You did get the correct magazine ??? Im not folowing you on this. We sent you the correct magazine after you called correct?? we sent a 3 you wanted a 7 . We swappeed the 3 for a 7 correct.

If not I need to talk to you. Now this is not making any sence to me?

Please call me 858 if you are owed a Mag. If Im following you on this .

As I started this thread I am going to chime in.

It is way off track.

1. It was meant to be a funny thread pointing out my user error as I thought other people here could relate.

2. Secondary purpose was to give some credit to the USMC for a well designed rifle, and GAP for putting it together well.

3. It went way off topic with this flushcup stuff, when I clearly stated that it wasnt an equipment failure but a user error.

4. The posts from the GAP owner have cleared stated from the start the the issue can be resoloved via the stock manufacture or his company. Several times.

5. These two users: 858 Thugpimp & RussW1911, are simply not being logical but rather argumentative.

6. Issues should be solved at the lowest level, and GAP said just call them and they will make it right, one user commented it was ages ago and its to late, so then if that is the case shut your SOUP COOLER. If you really dont have time, then why are you posting to this thread every ten minutes on this flush cup issue on your rifle that is totally off topic to this thread.

6A. You also stated that you fixed it yourself as it was easier then shipping back... so again... holy mountian out of a mole hill batman.

7. Just Call GAP and resolve the issue if you have not, and then if they blow you off post it here. That seems fair.

8. I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread for 858 Thugpimp & RussW1911 in the equipment section for the continuation of this topic. This is now clearly an equipment thread.

The thread is titled 2 GUYS 1 FLUSHCUP.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1150249&#Post1150249

-thanks -john

Some people enjoy trolling and trying to take the IMO cheap shots at the top gun builder in the business. Even when it is an issue with a stock that someone else made.

FWIW, as a general note about consumers, suppliers, and vendors ...

I'm an architect and construction consultant. I'm very familiar with how a 'general contractor' works, and IMHO, GAP is a general contractor that 'self-performs' some of the work. GAP is typically commissioned to build rifles from scratch. In effect, everyone they source parts from are their sub-contractors - and therefore GAP's responsibility.

OTOH, owner-supplied materials - in their 'raw state', are the responsibility of the owner. The only responsibility GAP has in that matter is if they damage the owner-supplied materials.

the analogy is such that if I hire a GC to build me a building, and ANYTHING is wrong with final product, I go to the GC to make it right. The 'owner' shouldn't want/need to deal with the subs, as they are not his responsibility. One of the many reasons a GC is hired is so that the owner doesn't have to deal with all that crap.

Now, it seems to me that there are a few things that are pretty important here. First, George has said that he is more than willing to be the one you deal with if/when you commission GAP to build a rifle. However, it seems that at least one person here has had an experience where he tried to go straight to GAP, but got no joy. Hell if I know what really went down, but that seems to be an 'unresolved issue', and one that I can't (and won't) form an opinion about. Second, I don't think that Manners or McM supplies the male flush cup swivel, but rather only installs the female portion of the cup in the stock. I don't know that much about flush cups, but I can tell you that if there are that many different 'models' out there that you have to know which one you have to make sure you can make it work right, then someone needs to be logging what exact make/model of female cup was installed in the stock so that the end user can purchase/use the proper male swivel to make things work as designed.

Personally, I've never seen a Manners or McM order sheet, or shipping invoice/report, that says which make/model of flush cup was installed on the stock, and which male swivels you need to have for proper use. I've always thought they were basically like 1913 spec rails, in that while each might be very, very slightly different, they are made to certain functional specs so that they are (in a manner of speaking) "universal" ...

Long story short, if you get a stock with flush cup mounts that will not accept the most common "quality" male swivels, then something is wrong, and should be 'fixed' prior to leaving the shop. It really doesn't matter what exactly it is that's wrong ... the simple matter is that it should be right when it leaves the shop.

Of course, even the best QC can't catch everything ... which is where CS comes into play - which of course comes back full circle to Mr. 858's mag box gripe (or whatever it was) ...

again, hell if I know who's right or wrong ... I'm just trying to discuss the general nature of how I feel this type of thing should work ...

sorry for the long post ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please call me 858 if you are owed a Mag. If Im following you on this . </div></div>

If it's all the same I'll just move on. This is way more trouble than its worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please call me 858 if you are owed a Mag. If Im following you on this . </div></div>

If it's all the same I'll just move on. ...
</div></div>

Thats exactly what I mean...

That is why I made the new thread.

I have engineered a way around all the flaws in every sling system I have come across - I crazy glued my hands to my rifle stock.

I know what you are thinking, but it's not brilliant at all.

Yes, I have a rifle handy 24/7, but there ARE drawbacks to this method of bypassing sling issues. Being in Texas, it hasn't caused too much of a stir, yet - not even in the local BBQ. However, it's made it very difficult to board a plane, especially one going to a country that does not allow rifles. Then there's the fact that no police officer I have come across yet has believed me when I told them my hands were glued to it. I have had to hire a helper for when I actually need to use my hands, sign stuff, pick stuff up, eat, drive, shower, shave, pee, poop, etc. You ever tried to hire someone to work for you as a personal assistant while you were holding a rifle in your hands? It took 5 tries before one of them came back the next day.
Since I didn't get a collapsible stock and a short barrel, it is a total pain in the ass to ride in a car. You have to stick the rifle out of the window, and people really don't like to see that - not even in Texas. Don't even think about the bus - they freak the hell out on ya. Then there's that time I wanted to visit the Tower at UT Austin...boy was that a mistake. But damn - what a view. On occasion, people throw their wallets at me. That's sorta cool.

Things I have learned from this experience so far:

Make sure the gun is stainless, or well coated to protect it from the elements before you reach for that crazy glue. It is MUCH MUCH easier to thread a barrel for a silencer BEFORE it is permanently attached to your body. I can not stress that enough (it also helps with attachments on those rare occasions when you do manage to bypass your freakish appearance and arouse your spouse). Make sure you place ear plugs in your ears before the glue if you can not afford to hire some Mexican dude to do it for you like I did. Coz, without a suppressor and ear plugs, these things are really really loud. Seriously. LOUD. And, incidentally, no matter how tempting it is, NEVER EVER use it as a way to get the attention of your hired help. That causes all manner of complications. Just yell instead if you can't find em or see em. It really spooks them when you start shooting just because ya want another whiskey sour, or when the straw falls out of your cocktail. When someone sneaks up behind you and scares you, you can jump in the air and freak out without ever having to worry about dropping your rifle. It makes a very poor remote control - unless you simply just want to turn everything off. If I had it to do again, and I would do, I would have gotten a cheap scope. Sure, it's robust and water resistant, but can you imagine what it's like to haul around a US Optics SN-3 every waking moment of your life? Next time I am gonna get one of those Bushnell 10X tacticals instead.

All in all, it's been a moderate success. Especially compared to the time I glued a beer can and a cozy to my hands. Yeah - they sound like a perfect match, but you really can't use one without the other, especially when they're glued to separate hands. Then there's the whole deal about when you run out of beer. I suggest a bottle instead, and maybe a silenced 9mm in the other hand.

*back on topic*

mr. hurricane,
Congrats on a badass rifle. It sounds like it is built like a tank. I am suprised I did not see a pic in this thread yet. Post one up man.

Personally, I don't own a complete GAP build, but they have done work for me. My PM's and or phone calls have always been returned! Stuff happens sometimes!