• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Chrono - Ghost shots when cycling bolt (22lr)

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Attaching the chrono via the Area 419 Kit to the MDT ACC Elite Chassis utilizing the Rifle Setting and 600-1700 FPS option I’m getting an “analyzing shot” that sometimes reports a reading (without an actual shot). It’s usually between 300-500 FPS range. For what it’s worth I was alone on a square range today. Taking it off the rifle alieviated the ghost shots. Anyone else experience this?

From the range history and a pic of it mounted
IMG_2447.jpegIMG_2446.jpegIMG_2445.jpegIMG_2438.jpeg

video of cycling the bolt without any shots or outside variables (my basement, shouldn’t be picking anything up)

Last edited:
Attaching the chrono via the Area 419 Kit to the MDT ACC Elite Chassis on the Rifle Setting and the slower speed option I’m getting “analyzing shot” and readings in the 300-500 FPS range. For what it’s worth I was alone on a square range today. Taking it off the rifle alieviated the ghost shots. Anyone else experience this?
No. I have it mounted on my 22 almost every range day.

Reactions: USMC22
Happened every string for me. Shot analyzing when cycling bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpeg
    IMG_2445.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2446.jpeg
    IMG_2446.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2447.jpeg
    IMG_2447.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2438.jpeg
    IMG_2438.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 8
video of cycling the bolt without any shots or outside variables (my basement, shouldn’t be picking anything up)

Last edited:
I’ve had it happen with my 22 mounted and on tripod.

I have a buddy with one that gets the same error only when in the area 419 mount off the factory tripod works perfect. He recently bought a longer arca mount off amazon and it works fine, we believe being so close to the chassis might have an adverse effect on tracking the bullet.

I have a buddy with one that gets the same error only when in the area 419 mount off the factory tripod works perfect. He recently bought a longer arca mount off amazon and it works fine, we believe being so close to the chassis might have an adverse effect on tracking the bullet.
But when no shot is sent and it’s triggered by the bolt cycling it shouldn’t read something

Attaching the chrono via the Area 419 Kit to the MDT ACC Elite Chassis utilizing the Rifle Setting and 600-1700 FPS option I’m getting an “analyzing shot” that sometimes reports a reading (without an actual shot). It’s usually between 300-500 FPS range. For what it’s worth I was alone on a square range today. Taking it off the rifle alieviated the ghost shots. Anyone else experience this?

From the range history and a pic of it mounted
View attachment 8397217View attachment 8397218View attachment 8397219View attachment 8397220

Yes, but mine are when the trigger is pulled but there's a fail to fire. Similar speeds and also mounted to my Vudoo in a similar fashion.

Just a guess but if the rifle moves when you cycle the bolt (maybe you slam it closed and it jolts the rifle forward, for example) the Garmin radar is moving as well and may be picking up motion from that and thinking it's a shot. Naturally if it's tripod mounted rather than on the rifle, the radar won't pick up any movement.