• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I attached a Picatinny rail on the M-Lock handguard of the rifle. Then mounted the Garmin on the rail with the Gray-Ops adapter. I think this is a better option then putting it on the bottom of the rifle as I can read it easier on its side than upside down.

To protect the Garmin, I used the Gray-Ops cover and didn't have any trouble with obtaining any readings.

IMG_4224.jpg
IMG_4226.jpg
IMG_4227.jpg
IMG_4228.jpg

So it just needs to be 5 to 15 inches from rifle off to the side? Not a certain depth from end of muzzle from what I understand

🤣 You know I'm just teasing.

But seriously, the Xero uses a calculation to determine what the MV is. It doesn't measure the velocity at the muzzle, so it's Garmin's best prediction. All chronographs do this. And I'm sure you know that so Im not trying skool you or anything. This is why no type/ model of chronograph will give the same MV for the same shot. They aren't absolute velocities; they're just each model's/ brands best guess. So it matters more that you place the Xero at roughly the same place in relation to the muzzle than it does precisely at the muzzle. You're just looking for consistency and have to understand this is Garmin's version of the speed while a Labrador and a MS will give slightly different answers.

Again, not trying to preach. Just trying to say nicely not to overthink it.

I had a shot string get deleted.

I took two shots, then deleted those shots, then shot 10 more, looked at the data, end session. In history my session saved as 0 shots and the data was gone on both my phone and xero.

I have recently updated to the latest software, not sure how old my version was.

Has anyone experienced this potential glitch? It’s also 100% possible that I did something and it’s all my fault. I will say I’ve probably put 300 strings on it and have had no issues prior this.
Had the same thing happen yesterday, was trying several different brands of 22 ammo through my buddies 22. Shot a 50 shot string hit the back button to end session and it went blank. Couldn’t get it to go to any screen. Powered it off and back on and the string was gone. Shot several strings after that and several today with my 6 GT today and hasn’t happened since .

infringing?

Please explain. If someone makes a fork, does it infringe?

It's a completely obvious, it's a combination of previously existing interfaces that are open source, neither of which are invented by RRS, and RRS certainly wasn't the first to ideate this.
RRS has a patent, I believe.

So it just needs to be 5 to 15 inches from rifle off to the side? Not a certain depth from end of muzzle from what I understand
It worked for me. I did this for two rifles without any problems.

🤣 You know I'm just teasing.

But seriously, the Xero uses a calculation to determine what the MV is. It doesn't measure the velocity at the muzzle, so it's Garmin's best prediction. All chronographs do this. And I'm sure you know that so Im not trying skool you or anything. This is why no type/ model of chronograph will give the same MV for the same shot. They aren't absolute velocities; they're just each model's/ brands best guess. So it matters more that you place the Xero at roughly the same place in relation to the muzzle than it does precisely at the muzzle. You're just looking for consistency and have to understand this is Garmin's version of the speed while a Labrador and a MS will give slightly different answers.

Again, not trying to preach. Just trying to say nicely not to overthink it.
No I was mis thinking when I saw the 5-15 inches for some odd reason I was thinking 5 Inches to side and 15 back from muzzle. But that makes it even better I guess a dumb moment haha

Reactions: JR1200W3
RRS has a patent, I believe.
That makes it more interesting, however it doesn't mean much.

The patent office also issues contemporary patents for nothing more than forks. Which is precisely why I used that example earlier.

They are supposed to filter through them for general validity, but the issuance of one is never a statement that the patent is actually valid or defensible. 50% of fork patents get issued today, the other half are rejected for prior art.

If you get a patent, someone is infringing, then you have to adjudicated it and that is where RRS will fail due to it being obvious at the very least, it may also be defective in other ways.

That makes it more interesting, however it doesn't mean much.

The patent office also issues contemporary patents for nothing more than forks. Which is precisely why I used that example earlier.

They are supposed to filter through them for general validity, but the issuance of one is never a statement that the patent is actually valid or defensible. 50% of fork patents get issued today, the other half are rejected for prior art.

If you get a patent, someone is infringing, then you have to adjudicated it and that is where RRS will fail due to it being obvious at the very least, it may also be defective in other ways.
You’re a cheap-ass, aren’t cha?

Hey all, I created some precision CNC cut screen protectors for myself for the Garmin of heavy duty TPU, because it's already rugged and I didn't like current market solutions.

I ended up offering these to the community here to solve a problem, but just as a hobby essentially. I'm going to stop making them in 3 weeks as demand is tapering.

If anyone still wants one before I stop making them, check out my thread in PX !

Reactions: smithjd
Found this for good price and it has a hybrid mount that works with both picatinny and arca rails. Looks like the cheapest and easiest route with quality.

Reactions: Sig Marine
Just got mine. My first chrono, and was surprised it picked up a BB gun. Grey Ops cover looks like a winner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240228_160638_ShotView.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_160638_ShotView.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Rocketvapor
On a side note.. I took advantage of Brownells’ “Guaranteed. Forever.” policy and sent back my LabRadar after much consideration instead of trying to sell it here or elsewhere. I purchased it over 6 years ago and still had the box for it. Anyway the return worked and I got store credit for what I paid. I have zero complaints about that.
IMG_1990.jpeg

On a side note.. I took advantage of Brownells’ “Guaranteed. Forever.” policy and sent back my LabRadar after much consideration instead of trying to sell it here or elsewhere. I purchased it over 6 years ago and still had the box for it. Anyway the return worked and I got store credit for what I paid. I have zero complaints about that. View attachment 8360922
Jeezus, lol. That's how you get out from under a Labradar

• Haha
Reactions: db2000
On a side note.. I took advantage of Brownells’ “Guaranteed. Forever.” policy and sent back my LabRadar after much consideration instead of trying to sell it here or elsewhere. I purchased it over 6 years ago and still had the box for it. Anyway the return worked and I got store credit for what I paid. I have zero complaints about that. View attachment 8360922

Either you're a favored customer of Brownell's or someone in the customer-service department has been moved to the warehouse or is looking for a job.

Reactions: cas6969
Either you're a favored customer of Brownell's or someone in the customer-service department has been moved to the warehouse or is looking for a job.

Reactions: 021411
IOS update from 3 days ago now allows for multiple sessions organized in an Excel tabbed file. No more conversion needed.
Also gives you an option to save it to Garmin’s cloud to transfer to your others devices.
Loving the functionality and timely updates from customer feedback.
IMG_3438.jpeg

YMMV, happy shooting

IOS update from 3 days ago now allows for multiple sessions organized in an Excel tabbed file. No more conversion needed.
Also gives you an option to save it to Garmin’s cloud to transfer to your others devices.
Loving the functionality and timely updates from customer feedback.
View attachment 8363145
YMMV, happy shooting
More updates in less than six months from release than the entire production life of a LR.

Used mine for the first time today. I was a little upset knowing the hit I'll be taking on selling off the labradar but having used it....F THE LABRADAR. This thing is worth every single cent I paid for it. My only regret is not getting one sooner.
Me too. Got to the range a little late, but got to put one of my reloads over it, had the lower SDs than the factory stuff. Half dozen other shooters nearby, didn't pick up anyone else's shots.
Screenshot_20240302_214034_ShotView.jpg

Reactions: southernpew
With the new update transfered a session to my S21 and was able to read it, etc. Cool.

I then downloaded it to the device. However, I can't find that spreadsheet anywhere on the S21. ???

Anyone know where these downloads go?

With the new update transfered a session to my S21 and was able to read it, etc. Cool.

I then downloaded it to the device. However, I can't find that spreadsheet anywhere on the S21. ???

Anyone know where these downloads go?
Look for a folder icon in your apps named "My Files", it's likely hiding in there.

Reactions: MTRecon
Are you guys running covers? Or just running as is?
Many folks on here are gear whores. They dont care what it is, they just think they need it. The Garmin unit is already plenty tough considering what you should be doing with a fucking chronograph. You do not need any of these bullshit covers or screen protectors. I use mine atleast once a week and I have seen no need for a cover, sun shade, or a screen protector.

Many folks on here are gear whores. They dont care what it is, they just think they need it. The Garmin unit is already plenty tough considering what you should be doing with a fucking chronograph. You do not need any of these bullshit covers or screen protectors. I use mine atleast once a week and I have seen no need for a cover, sun shade, or a screen protector.
You've never accidently knocked something off a bench or table?

For a $600+ unit its cheap extra protection for $25.

Reactions: MO Fugga
You've never accidently knocked something off a bench or table?

For a $600+ unit its cheap extra protection for $25.
In that case, you should probably get a cover for your $25 cover, just incase you knock it off the bench......your cover will be protected by your cover cover.

• Haha
Reactions: MarshallDodge
Mine got blown off the bench today. Could have been worse. 60mph gusts. Seen an AR blown off a tripod too. That one was unattended.

Right now, I know some people who are running checks on these covers. It is important that the cover be invisible to the RADAR or it will skew the accuracy. Something to be aware of.
I’m working on this cool lead/tungsten/depleted uranium cover…that’ll work, right? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: TheOE800
Garmin is actually here. Reading. Watching...

But LabRadar have never failed to answer a call or email I sent in.
I've loved my LabRadar, and both the device and customer service have always been excellent. I think the mistake they made was in not being in a "continuous improvement" cycle, allowing the device and features to age without timely innovation. The other mistake was the piss-poor phone app that's been buggy and generally painful ever since it came out. There are features I love that aren't in the Garmin (multiple distances, SD Card, etc.), but I got it anyway and will probably keep my LabRadar as a backup, since they're going to have little or no value when sold on the gray market. Heck ... I might even buy the LabRadar "Jr" just for fun, and because I'm a total gadget-guy. If LabRadar took the old ones in trade for ... say ... $100 off the new version, that would be VERY smart, even if it was only for a limited time. I doubt they'll do that though.

I take it your a bigger labradar fan?
It is more like, I have little loyalty to a name. I just like what works. I own LabRadars and Garmins. I have not experienced any customer support issues from either company every. I used my LabRadars to check my Garmins to see how everyone was holding up and they were within 2 FPS of each other.

I’m working on this cool lead/tungsten/depleted uranium cover…that’ll work, right? Lol
That should actually be perfect! Just make sure you wear gloves!

Like all mediocre-at-best empires... The moderately-mighty has fallen... 🤣😂🤣

All those guys that started dumping their's when the XERO came out, were smart. I knew value of the OG units would plummet to half or less than than what they originally sold for all these years.

Got this in an email earlier...

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 8.57.21 AM.png

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Like all mediocre-at-best empires... The moderately-mighty has fallen... 🤣😂🤣

All those guys that started dumping their's when the XERO came out, were smart. I knew value of the OG units would plummet to half or less than than what they originally sold for all these years.

Got this in an email earlier...

View attachment 8368476
Guess I'll save mine for a target whenever I get to shoot to 1 mile....

Ok, this may have been covered, and I may well be a dumbass, but why are my dates all screwy in the session summary? They’re all correct in the app, just not on the unit itself.

IMG_4931.jpeg