• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gen 2 Ranch 7.62x39 Issues

Dylan4570

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2024
Canada
I'm in the process of trying to return this 7.62x39 Gen 2 Ruger ranch for warranty. Anybody care to speculate on the odds of this being covered under warranty? I have never had a new rifle push the primer out because of the headspacing, or a chamber mark the brass up this much... Not sure what I should expect but this ain't it.

SAME BOX of S&B ammo works flawlessly in SKS and Type 81. No pressure signs or primer ejection.

1. failure to extract live rounds - Fixed by me
2. Headspacing/chamber tolerance issues causing the primer to extrude after firing.
3. Chamber quality issues. Poor / Rough reamer job leaving concentric grooves in the fired brass.

Is the chamber on this gun excessively loose? Is the rough chamber preventing the brass from fireforming back into the bolt?

20240522_182925.jpg
20240522_182921.jpg

I would try a different ammo before sending it back. Possible that its an ammo issue. But, the marks from the chamber do not look good.

ruger should cover it under warranty , they have great customer service

i sent a ruger ranch in 300blk back not long ago for weak ejection and they replaced the barrel and bolt , they are pretty quick on their turn around time also