• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go Big or Go Home Survey

What magnification range would you prefer?

• Total voters
I think you should have put a control group like 2-16 or 3-20
In hindsight yes, I should have but my desire was to understand the market interest in the higher magnification scopes so decided 25x would be the minimum top end which the 3-27 offers.
3-27 is a 9 x erector and is either going to suck or cost $5,000
This is true, it is difficult to make high erector ratio scopes and have them perform optically well, so they end up with compromises or end up costing big $$$$ like the Schmidt 3-27 and Hensoldt 3.5-26
The exit pupil on x56 glass is 2.0 at 28x power and on a one way train going down above that....

Again, that is either going to suck in bad weather/ ad light or cost a fortune to upsize the objective.
Maybe Hensoldt had something with their 6-24x72. I wonder how much appeal there would be for a 6-36x72?
NF was very clever to put 5x erector on S&B effective 7x low end...theres really no downside in that instance....in a head to head contract bid, eg like the ASR where you know your end users etc
NF knows how to schmooz the military, I don’t always agree with their design choices but they know how to excite a particular customer base.
8-40x you are losing FOV on the low end and exit pupil on the high end...either way its a guaranteed compromise ( at least on paper)
Actually with the ZCO you are not losing FOV, at least not compared to NF. At 8x the ZCO offers more FOV than NF at 7x and based on top end numbers seems like it will hold true throughout the magnification range. But no one will know for sure until production units hit the shelves.
Then again nothing matters until there are real units to evaluate. Kowa makes a nice compact spotter, maybe with good enough glass there will be no need to buy or carry one...
Which Kowa are you talking about? 15-45x55? I think I see your point, if someone made a good enough 8-48x70 for example then shooters may forego the spotter altogether?
Its good to keep an open mind

Just a few thoughts. Feel free to flame away🔥🤣
No flame (from me), just questions. I have a very analytical side to me so like to understand what drives certain decisions.