• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Good one piece mount, not spuhr

RoninISC

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2011
We all know spuhr is king of the hill, but paying $400+ for a small chunk of aluminum gives me a rash. Input on good quality (possibly lesser known) single piece mounts pls for under 300. Scope is a 56mm objective 34mm tube on either a tikka tac a1 or (gods favorable) christensen mpr.

American Defense. LibertyOptics.com for about ½ your budget.

The ARC M10 mount is what I would do if you’re willing to drop the 300 on the top end. If you want to spend less just buy rings, no?

My go to one piece mount is the Aadmount, bar none, regardless of the price.

That does not mean all the others are bad. It just means that the Aadmount has been absolutely flawless through three design generations, a dozen or so mounts and all sorts of intentional and unintentional mishandling on my part.

ILya

I have had a Spuhr, and think they’re pretty nice. A change in scopes made me get a different size mount, so I decided to try out the Really Right Stuff mount. Boy oh boy, it's an absolute work of art. I prefer the decidedly un-tactical look, it's very clean. 15inch pounds sure doesn't seem like much, but it's staying in place so far just fine. I believe this is the mount I'll be picking from now on out.

On another note, there's absolutely not one thing wrong with getting a Badger or Nightforce unimount, and spending the rest on ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Note that you can usually get a 10% discount on a Spuhr with their frequently send codes through Optics Planet. Just last week there was an 18% discount code that dropped them down to $337 shipped.

Badger Ordnance makes a great uni-mount for about $170, you could certainly pay more though if you like. I like My SPUHR mount but I got it cheap in a package deal. No way would I pay $400 for another one.

Last edited:
You mention this is for a Tikka, why are you wanting a one piece mount? Why not just get rings? Either way my recommendation is ARC M10 - https://www.americanrifle.com/ I have them on all my rifles, very well machined, solid and the unique single bolt design eliminates much of the scope twist that occurs with traditional rings with 4 or 6 screws.

Contact Eurooptic.com and tell them you're a Snipers Hide member and they'll give you a nice discount.

I have had a Spuhr, and think they’re pretty nice. A change in scopes made me get a different size mount, so I decided to try out the Really Right Stuff mount. Boy oh boy, it's an absolute work of art. I prefer the decidedly un-tactical look, it's very clean. 15inch pounds sure doesn't seem like much, but it's staying in place so far just fine. I believe this is the mount I'll be picking from now on out.

On another note, there's absolutely not one thing wrong with getting a Badger or Nightforce unimount, and spending the rest on ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I just picked up an RRS mount and it’s very nice. Still a bit pricey, but stil about $100 cheaper than a Spuhr with all the same features. Wedge leveling system and bubble level too. The ONLY drawback I noticed was the single recoil lug. I’m not sure if two are needed, but I prefer the piece of mind.

I have an AD Recon SL 20MOA on my Tikka, it's a nice piece, though I wish it were a little lower profile still. The turret block has less clearance than the Obj lens though, so there's not much you can do to bring it down farther.

Near MFG is the best one piece mount I have ever seen or used. Machining on them is incredible. They are not cheap, but are excellent.

I have 3 Spuhr mounts, no regrets..My opinion suck it and spend the money for the Spuhr if that’s what you really want..in the end you won’t be sorry..the price of the ointment for your rash should be nominal..Ray

Reactions: gpowers
Nightforce and Badger Ordnanace are both excellent. NF uses 7075 aluminum while Badger Ordnance uses 6061 aluminum if that matters to you.

I agree with you OP that unless you need a specific feature that only Spuhr offers they just cost too much compared to the ones I listed above.

I wasn't impressed with the machining marks all over my aadmount, I've seen better final machining on pieces 1/4 of the price.

My go-to has always been the Nightforce mounts, great quality and reasonably priced. I've got a Nightforce A257 mount for sale if you want to go that route.

Surprised no one has mentioned Geissele. I've been very happy with their mounts. Aside from a couple of Spuhrs, I've been using Geissele pretty-much exclusively for a while now as I transition from various flavors of QD mounts.

ARC M10 QD-L Mount, or there M10 rings. Next up would be the NF Unimount. Never had an issue with those, and now a days they are the only mounts/rings that I’ll put a scope in.

If you're on a budget, the AI mounts come up for sale pretty often for about $100. They're nothing fancy but they do the job well.

I have badger ordnance 34 mm rings on my Tikka. Awesome quality, no issues. I have nightforce unimount on my RPR and no issues either with that

I use the Midwest Industries QD one piece mount.
Nice mount.

Attachments

• photo87210.jpg
    photo87210.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 43
Era Tac good. With the heavy Nightforce 5-25 x 56 ATACR I am much happier with Spuhr.The Spuhr is better at unitizing scope to rifle.

I may get hate for this, but my Tac A1 has a Steiner Military 4-16 sitting in a LaRue 120. My OBR has a Steiner Military 5-25 in a LaRue 120 as well. Never a problem with either.

My SPRish rifle has a NF2.5-10x32 in a LaRue 104.

I have no complaints about any of those mounts.

Next to Spuhr, Really Right Stuff and GDI, I use NF one piece mounts more than any other, I really like the NF mounts a lot.
I'm a believer in Spuhr mounts. I wanted to try something different for a lighter-weight semi auto build. I choose the Nightforce uni-mount ultra light($250ish). It has served me well. It has 20 Moa built into it like the others. Night force sells a built in level (for additional cost) with a top ring mount. I haven't picked one up yet for my system, but I plan getting one eventually. The one clear advantage of the Spuhr mount is the leveling wedge. It makes setup a breeze. If the other manufacturers could figure out a system similar to Spuhr's, we would have it made.

I'm a believer in Spuhr mounts. I wanted to try something different for a lighter-weight semi auto build. I choose the Nightforce uni-mount ultra light($250ish). It has served me well. It has 20 Moa built into it like the others. Night force sells a built in level (for additional cost) with a top ring mount. I haven't picked one up yet for my system, but I plan getting one eventually. The one clear advantage of the Spuhr mount is the leveling wedge. It makes setup a breeze. If the other manufacturers could figure out a system similar to Spuhr's, we would have it made.

https://www.amazon.com/Arisaka-Optic-Leveler-Combo/dp/B00W8AXZ98

Another nod for NF unimount and Era-Tac. I was really impressed with the beefiness of my Era-Tac mount.

Spuhr is overpriced euro trash.

ARC, Badger or NF uni for non qd

Bobro for QD.

Kac if going on Kac gun. Giselle if u like to overpay. GDI if you really like to overpay for QD.

Badger and Bobro are impossible to beat for the value. There is nothing the other brands offer except boutique features 90% of people never use. Badger and Nf have lots of cap options for trinkets as well.

• Haha
Reactions: AllGoodThings