• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

~GRADOUS~ Strikes again with another MasterPiece!!!!!! PICS!!!!!

popapi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Oklahoma City, Ok
We finally got things together on my travel down in Hephzibah, Georgia anybody that knows Mr. Gradous know he's a good man that takes pride in building exceptional rifles that meet ones level of precision that both the consumer and him should expect out of a well built rifle. I for one know you get what you pay for when it's all said and done! I want to take time to thank Mr. Gradous for the phenomenal southern hospitality letting me stay at the pond house and and taking me around for the great down home cooking at the station! Next up will be my .308.........can't wait!!!!!

Specifications are below.
Pierce TiTanium Long Magnum action.
Bartlein #3 5R with 1-10 twist. Spiraled by Karl!
APA MicroBastard Break( BEST on the planet earth TAMING the 230grn OTMs). Thanks Jared!
McMillan with Edge Technology black with grey speckle tone.
Jewel Trigger painted black by Karl!
Swarovski 5-25X52 with Tally LightWeights.
HS Precision DBM.
Graphite Black with Sniper Gray bolt, shroud and bolt release.
7lbs 13oz all done up as you see it.
8th picture is 75.5grns of H1000 behind the Berger 230grn OTMs.....3 shots!
AMAXs are 4 shot groups!!!

[img:center][/img]
[img:center]
[/img]

Last edited:
Great looking hunter, looks like Robert sprinkled his magic on that reamer! Nice Group with the RL22 and not to shabby with the H1000. He can build one hell of a rifle.
Any special hunting trips this year? I leave next Tuesday for Cody, WY for an Elk Hunt and will have my Gradous 300WM with me!

Thanks guys!!! Painless the 3 shots with the 230's where the very first groups after the AMAXs where shot will be trying different primers and possible powder to see will that group tighten up, if not I'm satisfied with it staying as such. As per hunts had one planed for Alaska this week, but due to work had to cancel until next month. I'm very proud of this rifle and thanks again for the dies!!!!

That is one Awesome light weight hunting machine you've got there and a real shooter to boot. Congrats,

Thanks guys!!! Painless the 3 shots with the 230's where the very first groups after the AMAXs where shot will be trying different primers and possible powder to see will that group tighten up, if not I'm satisfied with it staying as such. As per hunts had one planed for Alaska this week, but due to work had to cancel until next month. I'm very proud of this rifle and thanks again for the dies!!!!

Thanks Sucks about your hunt, Give the 210 Berger Hunt VLDs a try, .0.1- .02 off the lands 74-76g of H1000, otherwise the Amax load you got is a laser. Hope the dies are working out for you, hopefully ill be able to shoot you some pics when I get back.:cool:

Yes it sucks......been trying to find some 210s and they are extremely hard to find man. Yes the dies are great..... I'm sure you'll have pics can't wait to see them!

Congrats! That's a good looking rifle. I have a Gradous .308 that just arrived Tuesday, and I can't wait to get to the range on Sunday.

Thanks Scuba, post some pics of it plus range report!!!! Mr. Gradous was telling me about a .308 he had done the other day thinking it was yours!!!!!

Thanks Scuba, post some pics of it plus range report!!!! Mr. Gradous was telling me about a .308 he had done the other day thinking it was yours!!!!!
Here is a quick iPhone pic, and Mr. Gradous' test target. I'm planning on checking zero tomorrow (have a 100 yard indoor range close by), with plans to test her outside on the LR this Sunday.

Gradous308.jpg308target.jpg

Thanks guy, that rascal is a busy man now..... I'll say this it is WELL worth the wait! I'm glad he got mine when he could. He'll tell ya "I'm not the fastest being a one man show but you'll be happy with the end product" man was he right! I'm still stoked out with this rifle!

The accuracy standard he builds rifles to is utterly amazing. Amazing rifle from a Top Shelf guy.
Congrats.
Semper Fi

The accuracy standard he builds rifles to is utterly amazing. Amazing rifle from a Top Shelf guy.
Congrats.
Semper Fi
95LTZ thanks guy. This build had Gradous ALL over it when I first thought up the bill. When I called MrGradous on day one I told him the parts I had the only thing he changed was the barrel I was going to do a Schneider and he said Bartlein...... I'm glad he did as you can see how it performs! I see your from Anderson I'm originally from Abbeville!