• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand River Tactical shooting mat/rifle case

Re: Grand River Tactical shooting mat/rifle case

Thanks Rich.

4 left. Construction started tonight. By time I run out of stuff, I should be re-supplied, so the 2-3 week deadling seems like a little bit of a generous lead time as it stands.

Nick,
I noticed the earlier post about bipod support. I for one would not be interested in straps that I have to hook my bipod into....

I have a Galati mat/case that zips shut in addition to the straps-the "flange" (for lack of a better word) that the zipper creates on the forward edge of the mat catches my bipod nicely.

Looking at your design, perhaps a length of large piping rolled in cordura and secured to the front edge just the width of the middle third (at the base of the front pocket) would suffice to keep a bipod from sliding forward when loaded.

-just a thought. I'd PM for the T&E offer, but I'm so broke I can't pay attention!

-Steve

I still have the opinion that the bipod should not be on or near the mat when shooting. It should be nestled into the ground in front of the mat, however, I am not an instructor, but I can show you a hell of a box stitch.

PM inbound.

Can I make a few more suggestions? Move the flap pocket to one side so that a data book isn't bent across the barrel when folded up. Try Velcro for those inner tiedowns. Is a finish friendly material doable on the inside? Cordura 1000 is like sandpaper.

Since we're talking custom... what about lefty and righty versions? I'm right handed. I approach/depart the mat from the left side and the barrel points to the left (down range). When I get up to move position (barrel points down range), I want to cinch the outside tiedowns pulling towards me and have the carry handle on the side nearest to me.

Oh and what about a 1" strip of webbing sewn inside to hold a safety flag? This should be near the shooting position and again left-hand / right-hand appropriate.

What'cha think?

I really apreciate all the interest and willingness to participate in my "gear testing'.

As of this point, I can not fill anymore demo bags, as the response has been more than overwhelming, and I am going to be up to my eyeballs in work for the next 3-4 weeks.

I hope that the cases meet everyones expectations and look forward to your responses and future business. Thanks for the oppertunity to serve you all!

The mats will be available for regular production, no later than the end of July, and the cost at that point will be approximately $195. Based on the materials and time involved to make them, that is the price that I came up with. If I can shave time off once I get the system down, price will come down, along with finding cheaper quality materials. There will of course be imrovements and added details to the final versions, making them well worth the cost.

Nick

I can't wait to see the final product. I will certainly buy again from you Nick.

I have had 3 back out, so I can do 3 more mat/cases if there are any other that are interested. Demo pricing wich was not posted is $125 plus $12 shipping per case. Thats a whole lot off what these will ultimately sell for, so if your interested, get a Pm into me.

Nick

To all those who have ordered, and paid, I need the paypal addresses sent to me in PM form, in our original conversations please, so I can make these in order that they were paid for. I have no idea whos Snipershide handle goes with whos paypal info.

So please send me that info, to ensure you get yours in the proper order.

UPDATE:

Several of the mats are already in the hands of some of the members that were first on the list.

Another shipment is going out near the middle of this week, and all that reamain are the Multicam mats.

I would like to appologize for the wait time. I have changed several things on the mats to make them stronger, and more functional, including AICS mag pouches, two large velcro closure pouches. There are things that are a little differant on every mat, such as pocket/pouch configurations, just trying to find something that works.

I have been extremely busy with the regular job, and ended up enjoying the 4th of July with the family, so got a little behind schedule, but I think everyone will be extremly pleased with the end result. Everyones will be in the mail, hopefully by the end of next week, and am taking a long break, these are proving to be a ton of work lol.

I expected these to take about 4-5 hours each, but are averaging around 10 hours.

The bags have the carry handle moved to the underside, so you do not need to buckle it up, to secure your rifle/gear to move around, just fold it up.

All the bags have provisions for securing backpack straps, but will not be included with the bags. I wanted to have it available, and some will not use them, some will not, but every bag will have the attachment points. These will be available sometime after the Reade Range match, in August, should you choose to get them from me.

Anyways, I will post some pics later tonight of the differant colors, and approximately what yours will look like. They look a whole lot better and configured nicer than the first mat pictured on the first page.

Thanks again for everyones patience, and well as jumping on board with me here.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to post them here publicly where I can answer them, or just PM me.

Thanks Guys.

Nick

I also have a buddy that offered his help up, also a Hide member, to come over and help me out a couple nights this week, so that should speed the process along, assuming I can stop making little mistakes here and there.

cant wait to see the pics of the Multicam one,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulyosh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My current setup is an HSRC, which travels inside (fits perfectly) a Pelican 1750 in the truck. Get to the range, remove HSRC, on my way - without having to haul the hard case around. This is definitely my ideal setup for a practice day at the range. For matches, though, hauling the mat around is a bit unwieldy. Next month, I think I'm going to try a dragbag instead, which would be able to contain all my ammo, etc. With the HSRC, I also haul a ruck around...

Still trying to find the elusive perfect setup. :)
</div></div>

Only thing about the HSRC and the Galati version is that they dont have areas to store the bolt. Not a huge deal, but definitely something nice to have. Would also be great to have some pockets on the outside for mags. - \

**EDIT** just saw your update and I saw your AICS mag pouch addition. NICE!

Here are the pics of the ones that finally passed QC...(my wife). These are mailing out this week, these are Chpperguy, Mike4045, and MK4.

You can see little variations in the pockets from case to case, but I am going to settle on the 3 mag/tool pouches and two large velcro pouches on each case.

I am thrilled with them
grin.gif

I have 3 more Coyotes, wich are all that are left for that color almost done on the bench, so the only people that will be waiting will be for the multicam, another week or two at the most for the remainders.

BTW, some of these are not sewn up backwards, its just their orientation when I layed them down.

Again, thanks to everyone for their patience, this was a lot more work that I anticipated.

71409001.jpg

71409002.jpg

71409004.jpg

71409005.jpg

71409008.jpg

71409009.jpg

71409014.jpg

71409016.jpg

71409017.jpg

71409021.jpg

Nick,

Those look badass! Excellent design and workmanship. I can hardly wait fot them to hit the door. I shall look forward putting them thru the paces.

Keep up the great work,
Mark

I picked one up and after a prarie dog hunting trip in SD I have to report that it is one hell of a nice bag! Very durable, very well made, lots of pockets to put accessories, there is even a pocket to put your bolt. This bag is on par if not better than many of of its competitors that are twice the price. Nick uses top quality parts, all American made, and hand stitches everything himself. Great work!

Cant wait to get mine, they look great

They should all be in the mail no later than 2 weeks or so. I want to have them all done before the Reade Range match on August 1. Any only have a handfull more.

Nick, looking at the open shot of the coyote brown one, I don't see the cleaning rod holder. Did you decide to dispense with that, or is it cleverly hidden?

looks great, you should get some of the Multicam webbing and maybe some matching color plastic buckles..that would be awesome !

that would be the only thing I would change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick, looking at the open shot of the coyote brown one, I don't see the cleaning rod holder. Did you decide to dispense with that, or is it cleverly hidden?</div></div>

It was not required on this case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks great, you should get some of the Multicam webbing and maybe some matching color plastic buckles..that would be awesome !

that would be the only thing I would change.</div></div>

Multicam webbing is not made, and if it is, it made by some Chinese company as a knock off. Duro Industries is the ONLY company that distributes real Crye Mulitcam, and its not listed on their site. That would be nice
grin.gif
. It will eventually happen, Im sure.

Color buckles are in the works, problem is they are expensive as as all hell. upwards of $5 a peice for good American made buckles (ITW Nexus, National Molding, etc.). This will be available on productions cases, for a small price.

They look good Nick. Can't wait to see how these sell.
Chad

Wow, I wonder if this is special run stuff. I will be calling Duro about it asap. The brown webbing is certianly a downer on the multicam bags, it does kind of defeat the purpose of the camo. They have to be getting this from Duro, as they have bought the rights to the camo design from Crye Precision. I will keep you guys updated on this, because if I can run Multicam webbing, I will gladly do so.

Thanks for the heads up on this Impact. I read that thread about the Eagle dragbags, and the only thing I read into was the handle being moved, I didnt even notice the Multicam webbing.

If this is something I can do on the production mats, it will be done.

yeah no problem...it will look so much better with the MC webbing with MC background. can't wait to see final results.

The coloring is applied after the material is made.
I have a sample of the 1" here and personally I don't care for it.
The dye is prone to wear off especailly if it will be actually dragged.
The sample I have here is only dyed on one side, I'm not sure if this will be an issue for you guys.

Just my .02

Stu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedMan*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The coloring is applied after the material is made.
I have a sample of the 1" here and personally I don't care for it.
The dye is prone to wear off especailly if it will be actually dragged.
The sample I have here is only dyed on one side, I'm not sure if this will be an issue for you guys.

Just my .02

Stu</div></div>

I inquired about this with the mafg. this morning, it is availabe died on both sides, 1" - 3", but it is died and am not sure how it will hold up. I am going to get some and try it out before I ever put it on any of my stuff. I will do the typical GRT testing, dragged behind the Jeep for 7 miles for abbrasion and color fastness testing
sick.gif

Nick,
thats good to hear that both sides are now being dyed.
Your test should reveal any serious issues.

Below is the stuff I received last year when they first started making it.
As you can see the print pattern is pretty bold compaired to the actual material, hopefully they have redone this part also.

Multicam.JPG

Give me a landline at your conviece.

Keep up the good work,
Stu

I like the GRT testing
smile.gif

there is indeed a slight difference between the MC webbing and MC cordura material but I still think it looks much better with both together...my 0.02

(I have an eagle 3D pack all multicam with mc webbing and it looks really good)

BFG also makes vickers slings now in all multicam. see review from MM here:

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.slings.html

2ps3f9i.jpg

After using my bag for the past months, I am discontinuing use of the cleaning rod holder. When the bag is cinched closed and used for transport and use, my cleaning rod has suffered and is no longer straight. I would expect that you could see the same results, there for, its no longer going to be put on there.

It was a nice thought, but the fact the cleaning rod can be damaged, will no longer be offered. FYI.

Excellent to work with!

Looking forward to the custom build.

they look nice!

I can't find the price?

Pms replied to. Thanks a lot for the interest guys.

Another shipment when out today. Only a few left, sorry its past the deadline I set for myself. I really appreciate you patience guys.

Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pod claws....
smile.gif
</div></div>LOL! :
Nick's doing an ambitious thing producing those mats. I saw the prototype last week. It's quite good, and getting better. It has thicker foam than my HSRC, which helps when using it as a case. </div></div>

Nick, have you thought about an option for even more thicker foam? Also, will you/have you added a shoulder strap...prefer that over the twin backpack straps.

I like the one that had some sort of rifle cover/protector inside the bag/mat. Is that an option?

When these go into production, I will want one for a silenced Remington 700P LTR........