• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand River Tactical shooting mat/rifle case

Re: Grand River Tactical shooting mat/rifle case

Thank You guys.

On a side note, www.grtgear.com is finally up and running, awaiting some pics from you guys in the field with your GRT gear...lets get some pics emailed or posted here so I can download them!!

Nick

To make them longer than 50", it costs more. The sheets of closed cell foam are 48-50 inches in length, and I would have to cut them width wise (they are ~80" wide), rendering that sheet of foam useless for any other purpose. Same goes for the Cordura. Estimate around $70 more for a bag that long, wich is strictly materials.

Thanks for your consideration. I have a several guys asking for longer than average lengths, and it seems that there are little options out there, probably due to the same reason I posted.

If you do find another option, please let me know, so I can pass it on to guys looking for something similiar.

Nick

Absolutely love the drag bag! Can't wait to get another for his little brother.
IMG_0279_2.jpg

My bag came in today, I must say it's pretty awesome. I cannot wait to get home so I can see how it fits my rifle.

Top notch work. I had this made to fit my 700P. Being 6'1, this seems to fit me just swell.

Thanks Nick!

(Hurry up work, I need to get home!)

Thank You Richard, there should be a bunch of guys taking delivery this week.

This is turning out to be a whole lot of work...

Nick,

I read all four pages of the Sniper's Hide post about your custom cases and they sound fantastic. I also read that you stopped making them with cleaning rod slots. Might you consider doing them again or just one/two if the end user were to use a Sinclair Int cleaning rod case to protect the rods better? My cases are 1/2" diameter x 48" long.

I also tried contacting you through your web site and it wouldn't let me do it. Something about my email not being set up. My email goes through google's web bases system and not through my Outlook.

Just got my new Surgeon 6.5x47 in a 1.5 AICS stock with a 5.5-22x50 NF and it's 45.5" OAL and 10" tall; for Christmas!

Alan G
Owner-GSS Patterning
FFL
US Army Retired

Here are a few pictures of the mat in the field. Works great to keep you off the cold snow.
24n3fd5.jpg

244wara.jpg

2u8xjl3.jpg

Well, I promised myself I would never make one of these, but it wasnt so bad. Made it for a member who wanted to carry two rifles in a single bag, that could still be used like a shooting mat. Will hold a suppressed rifle 53" long, 6 AI/AR 5.56/7.52 or any combination of mags, and anything elses you could think of, with the exception of one of shanksters fatties. Around 13 hours total. I am slow, inefficient, ornery, and glad its done.

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

"Well, I promised myself I would never make one of these"
Now ya did it, folks will want one and you will hate yourself for posting pics everytime your making one.

Looks good though FWIW,
Stu

I'll have stickers at Shot Show........did you get the Mrs. blessing to come play finally ?

I know, it seems I cant even keep promises to myself....when you cant trust yourself anymore,...what else is there....the only thing I trust and have 100% faith in is my rifle, wtf.

Got my bag/mat today...
Absolutely phenominal! Nick your work/product are top shelf!
Scott W.
DSCF1799.jpg

DSCF1800.jpg

Guys,
Here is Nick's first mat/case ever produced. You can see the changes and evolvement of the bags. Nick's stuff is top notch.

I am very interested in this for my GA Precision rig. I carry most of my rifles in a Pelican case, so this would be a nice change.

Can someone tell how this stacks up against drag bags such as Blackhawk or Eagle drag bags? Are there things that are improved? Thanks for the input.

Alpha, i personally believe that they are better than the Eagle and BlackHawks. As you can see mine was the very first bag/mat Nick made. The others have the newer versions. His new versions have various pouches and pockets, and his quality and attention to detail are amazing. You would be very well served with one of Nicks bags, and even now that he has put shoulder straps on them so you can carry it like a back pack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alpha, i personally believe that they are better than the Eagle and BlackHawks. As you can see mine was the very first bag/mat Nick made. The others have the newer versions. His new versions have various pouches and pockets, and his quality and attention to detail are amazing. You would be very well served with one of Nicks bags, and even now that he has put shoulder straps on them so you can carry it like a back pack </div></div>

Ok. you twisted my arm, lol. I am gonna order one. How thick is the padding protection wise? What is the wait time?

not sure on the wait time but if i remember right my padding is 1/2 to 3/4 inch IIRC

i think he said wait time is 4-6 weeks.

i seriously cannot wait for mine to get here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alpha, i personally believe that they are better than the Eagle and BlackHawks. As you can see mine was the very first bag/mat Nick made. The others have the newer versions. His new versions have various pouches and pockets, and his quality and attention to detail are amazing. You would be very well served with one of Nicks bags, and even now that he has put shoulder straps on them so you can carry it like a back pack </div></div>
1+ I agree better than Eagle and 100% better than Blackhawks!

HasgunWilltravel

Can you get German Flectar fabric for the shootingmat/dragbag? if so can you pm me. I would love to talk about getting a custom set up.

I would say 6 week wait time, but hope to see that number come way down, since I have a buddy helping me out now, we got a lot of stuff off the table this week and he will start building inventory on smaller items, and I can start focussing on the mats/bags and other stuff. I have atonement of concept stuff the I just have not had time to prototype, and now will have some more time to accomplish this.

I would say that after next eel wait times on bags will be 3 week worst case.

We have a system worked out, and are really getting stuff out quickly, makes me wish I had hired him a long time ago.

About the flecktarn, I will look for some. It's sometimes is hard to find fabrics in camo 1000d cordura.

Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to say thank you to you guys for referring my products, it means a lot. </div></div>

Nick,
Thats what happens when you make good gear dude. I just wish i had to the need to buy more stuff from you. Ive got an idea i wanna bounce off of you sometime soon.

When I get back in country, I'm definately going to get one of your mats!!

I tried to find the Flectarn fabric. There are some guys making pants out of it for paint ball. They had to order it from Germany. I couldn't find any locally. Maybe you have better luck. If not..how's your German?
smile.gif

Nien spriken de duetch

I will keep an eye out. I have had guys find material, and ship it to me, so keep an eye out, and I will too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M14MSgt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick - you got any mats left? </div></div>?

I typically don't stock any, since they ate made to order, but a am going to start building an inventory beginningin a couple weeks. Standard length will be 48".

Please excuse my typing skills, almost all my online stuff is done on a droid and have not yet mastered the keyboard, and no I am not foreign, because I have been asked, and I figured it was a take on my mad typing skills.