• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle.

Re: Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle.

Wise enough, but anyway incomparably with rifle shooting, as well as abstract watch from Russia and well-known HS Precision rifle. But in any case such customer support isn't so good, regardless of the country.

It was just a joke; just about everyone knows Russian watches are junk! Outside of the US the op is sol. Perhaps not the right thing to do, but as mentioned before it won't be the first questionable thing w/ HS.

HSprecision is hiding from the problem again.

They admitted the problem, they said that they will solve it and then
they stopped contact with us and with representatives in Moscow.
HSprecision representatives in RF does not want to do anything
themselves without HSP decisions.

It does not add credibility and respect for HSprecision.
Dangerous and irresponsible company.

We are not faced with similar problems with any other company in the world.

Gentlemen make your conclusions.((((

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a rifle shot to the standard charges within the manual.</div></div>

From the first post. sk, what does this mean?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a rifle shot to the standard charges within the manual.</div></div>

From the first post. sk, what does this mean? </div></div>

From many other posts: )))
"In this rifle were used only lapua factory cartridges. Incident has occurred at competitions."

HS precision representatives claim that the HS precision does not give any answer.

HS precision know that, it is a defect of metal, metal casting defect.

Oh. I see. So no factory loads were being manipulated?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked about handloads because in your first photo, there is a box of RCBS reloading dies for the 338 Lapua in the background... </div></div>

seems suspicious to me... but its not my chit so oh well at least no1 lost a eye..

2 A.O.R.G.S-RemiG
I can suggest you to reread all the posts.
The problem is not in overpressure, but in defect of product, in defect metal casting.

2 g5
We normally communicate when we are given an answer.
HSP stopped responding to us and to their representatives in RF.
No one explained anything. No one called dates solving the problem.
I will repeat. We have never faced similar problems with any other companies in the world

Do you have anything in writing verifying defective product? If not, I would stop short of that analogy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have anything in writing verifying defective product? If not, I would stop short of that analogy. </div></div>

Yes, everything will be at the right time.
It is important that the HS precision knows about this

HS ought to throw them a new action in the mail and count their blessings that no one was injured.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 A.O.R.G.S-RemiG
I can suggest you to reread all the posts.
The problem is not in overpressure, but in defect of product, in defect metal casting.

2 g5
We normally communicate when we are given an answer.
HSP stopped responding to us and to their representatives in RF.
No one explained anything. No one called dates solving the problem.
I will repeat. We have never faced similar problems with any other companies in the world </div></div>

The problem is yet to be properly analyzed. I don't care who has pictures, this sort of episode is going to take deep analyzation of the rifle, including stock/scope, all parts attached.

Now I've dealt with Russians in the past. One thing they do not like to do is paperwork. Much like Americans. Even if the RF HSP distributors say one thing, often they are doing something other or not doing what they say. You will have to continue to be patient and diligent, I've seen this sort of thing take time. Of course they will be skeptical. Unfortunate but that's logistics for you.

JR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have anything in writing verifying defective product? If not, I would stop short of that analogy. </div></div>

He has a rifle action that broke in HALF. That's not generally accepted as a sign of quality workmanship.

Well that is the question. Is it workmanship, material, or end user that caused the halve. Which is why the whole unit, as stocked as scoped needs to be evaluated.

It's a flaw in the metal. I can think of nothing the user could do to cause a failure like that one.

Possibly after looking at these photo's they are rethinking the concept of chambering this action in .338 Lapua cartridge .

If so it would be hard for them to replace this with the same rifle.

I wonder how many H.S. rifles in .338 Lapua on this action are out there ????

Catch - 22 !

Glenn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'm not from Arkansas, but I did work at HS for a spell..Your analysis is greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Oh so it's normal company policy to blame the customer when the rifles break?

After reading all this ... I want to say ...

I know this EVENT long, with the words of those shooters who attended the Sniper Tournament when it happened ... Photos not seen anywhere else, according to their several months anywhere in Russia did not publish ... Hoping for a normal solution problemma by HS Precision.
I think that this only added to honor the people that they did not even make a fuss, but so much time waiting patiently for a response from the representatives of this company. Believe the owner of the rifle is excellent shooter and a normal intelligent person, not prone to hype attributed here, and broken in the grip of rifles for some benefits.
I was surprised by the inadequate response of some people here in the forum, with no grounds to accuse people of lying ... And it is not understandable position HS, which is much easier to replace the broken Receivers... than the person in whose hands it happened.
We are just glad that he was not hurt by the fact that this is a very respected man in the shooting circles.

Regards... &#1040;&#1085;&#1076;&#1088;&#1077;&#1081;.

I sadly have to say I'm not surprised... as stated before, one thing is customer service in the USA (read: where you HAVE to) and quite another overseas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sadly have to say I'm not surprised... as stated before, one thing is customer service in the USA (read: where you HAVE to) and quite another overseas.

</div></div>

I am curious, do you have any knowledge regarding Paraguay's (or Slovenia's or Russia's) firearms manufacturers' customer service for its US clients?

19Scout77, read my first post...

I don't intend to turn this thread into a "I think USA firearm manufacturer's don't give a shit about overseas customers" fest, or anything like it. Just saying CS is certainly not the same as in the USA (for several reasons, just one of them is they don't care too much).

FWIW, I've generally had better luck here in Paraguay with euro makers. Difficult as it is to make a troubled distant customer happy, they try a bit more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">19Scout77, read my first post...

I don't intend to turn this thread into a "I think USA firearm manufacturer's don't give a shit about overseas customers" fest, or anything like it. Just saying CS is certainly not the same as in the USA (for several reasons, just one of them is they don't care too much).

FWIW, I've generally had better luck here in Paraguay with euro makers. Difficult as it is to make a troubled distant customer happy, they try a bit more.

</div></div>

Intentions aside, that is EXACTLY what you have done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'm not from Arkansas, but I did work at HS for a spell..Your analysis is greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Oh so it's normal company policy to blame the customer when the rifles break? </div></div>

First I wasnt there. I wasn't there when the action cracked, I wasn't there when HS was informed, I wasn't there when the RF distributors took the helm to take care of it. The likely first impression was it's on the distributors heads to get it back to HS in USA. Even with repair, the export paperwork must derive from Mother Russia. No it's not pretty, and I would like to see HS much more proactive on this, because it is going to boil into a shitstorm with the internet these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
it is going to boil into a shitstorm with the internet these days. </div></div>

Yes, that will be!
If the HSP does not solve the problem in the near future.

Today we talked with HSP representatives in RF.
They "lost" cartridge case, and whant to try tell that they had not the cartridge case never.
They're lying again,
Steps HSP and their representatives reminded big deception!

. [img:left]http://
DSC_9982.jpg
[/img]

How old is the rifle?
How many rounds through it?
Who gunsmithed it and who put it in the stock shown?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yes, that will be!

They "lost" cartridge case, and whant to try tell that they had not the cartridge case never.
They're lying again,

</div></div>

It sounds like the representives in the RF are more of the problem than the actual HS Precision company. Who exactly are the representives in the RF, are they just an importer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yes, that will be!

They're lying again,

</div></div>

Who is the HS rep in RF?

More of the problem is the actual HS Precision company!!!,
and their attempt to find a way to avoid responsibility for a dangerous breakdown rifle.
HSP representative is a Moscow company Arsenal.
Representatives do not want to pay a customs payments and
duties caused by HSP mistakes and their defective product.
HSP does not offer them any solutions starting from January 2011.

From rifle was shot less then 1000 rounds.
All information is in previous posts.
Later will show the rifle documents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More of the problem is the actual HS Precision company!!!,
and their attempt to find a way to avoid responsibility for a dangerous breakdown rifle.
HSP representative is a Moscow company Arsenal.
Representatives do not want to pay a customs payments and
duties caused by HSP mistakes and their defective product.
HSP does not offer them any solutions starting from January 2011.

From rifle was shot less then 1000 rounds.
All information is in previous posts.
Later will show the rifle documents
</div></div>

So now you are saying the reps do not want to initiate the paperwork to get the rifle back to the states. Sounds like you have as much a problem with Arsenal as you would HS.

JR

2 JR

What are you talking about?
Is not need to invent stories.
Nobody asked for anything.
HSP ignored the problem for 4 months and began to respond only after the publication here.
HSP now also does not give any answer to their Representatives.
Very strange relationship with representative.
Do not you think so?
Is this correct policy?
May be you think that someone must lose money instead
of HSP and their mistakes and dangerous defects?
May be you want to do it, instead of HSP?

Rifle was bought in Moscow in August 6, 2004.
Been in use since of 2008.
[img:left]http://
f5fd2a2e.jpg
[/img]
2.jpg
[/img]
1.jpg
[/img]

One thing is for sure most likely with the people and connections on this forum HS has seen and is following this thread. The fact they've chosen to keep their head in the sand and hope the issue just goes away after awhile speaks volumes.

If the customer or the distributor were really the problem HS could easily post that here saying the customer/distributor need to return the product or get a professional metallurgical analysis and it would shift responsibility back to the customer/distributor.

You can say it's not HS's responsibility to post about these issue and that's true, but once an issue like this goes this viral if the company isn't at fault you'd think they'd want to defend themselves.

Then again I learned all I needed to about HS's customer service long ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One thing is for sure most likely with the people and connections on this forum HS has seen and is following this thread. The fact they've chosen to keep their head in the sand and hope the issue just goes away after awhile speaks volumes.

If the customer or the distributor were really the problem HS could easily post that here saying the customer/distributor need to return the product or get a professional metallurgical analysis and it would shift responsibility back to the customer/distributor.

You can say it's not HS's responsibility to post about these issue and that's true, but once an issue like this goes this viral if the company isn't at fault you'd think they'd want to defend themselves.

Then again I learned all I needed to about HS's customer service long ago. </div></div>

I have already said that HSP knows, that this is
defect of metal casting.

We are not interested the relationship of HS and their
representative, we need to solve the problem.

Unfortunately unless the rifle is in original condition it gives the manufacturer an "out"! Pretty certain that goes for any manufacturer. Not saying the reciever was flawed or not. Btw the reciever should be forged not cast??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately unless the rifle is in original condition it gives the manufacturer an "out"! Pretty certain that goes for any manufacturer. Not saying the reciever was flawed or not. Btw the reciever should be forged not cast?? </div></div>

You are not right.
Rules of using and guarantees are not violated.
All information in previous posts.

I repeat once again, this is a defect of metal casting,
and HS knows about it

Send an FN,Remington,AI,SAKO or any other make back to the manufacturer in a dremmeled up stock that was <span style="color: #FF0000">OBVIOUSLY</span> not designed for that action and I'd bet you would get similar results. BTW I am not a HS fan.

I understand that's your side of the story, but you really should've been wise enough to put it back in the original stock. A little late for that now I guess!
grin.gif
. Any modification usually voids warranty.

Only 39 more posts and he can sell it here as a paperweight (okay...the rear portion of the receiver can sell as a paperweight and the receiver portion still attached to the barrel can sell as a tomato stake)! That might be the only way you get any money back or further use out of that poor specimen!
wink.gif

Turk is also correct that generally speaking, any modification of a firearm in any manner voids any manufacturer warranty, guarantee, etc. Given the suspected nature of the failure in this case...that may (or may NOT) be correct in the strictest legal sense. In any event...if you have to think about proceeding with any sort of litigation to enforce any warranty/guarantee or to get satisfaction from HS Precision...you will have lost the war before the first battle ever begins due to the shear cost of pursuing litigation, including attorney costs in filing your case, conducting discovery, expert witness costs/expenses, TRAVEL, and finally...TRIAL which of course you are not guaranteed a recovery once 12 men/women have their say.

In any event...good luck!

In any event, it would be nice for HS to excercise their right to use their "Good Faith" policy!

I wonder how many actions were made from this bad batch of alloy? It's pretty disgusting that HS have not made any contact with this guy or posted anything for the benefit of others in what could be an issue affecting many of their customers. Perhaps rather than issue a recall they are hoping all the crap actions are in the hands of overseas customers and hence they can limit their financial risk?

Regardless, I'd say this thread and all the times it's been referenced in other forums (I'm assuming the OP has posted in as many forums as he can) has done a good bit of damage to HS.

2 Turk

Maybe you're right, if the quality of the product at the beginning is good.
In our case, the product is defective from the factory.
Had been sold poor-quality products.
It is metal casting defect about which HS knows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> (I'm assuming the OP has posted in as many forums as he can) has done a good bit of damage to HS. </div></div>

No yet, but we will do it, if HSP does not solve the problem.

this looks like the rifle used in the movie behind enemy lines.

I'm totally late to this party, but as for the rifle, I have seen something very similar happen to a G3A3.

No-one noticed anything after the round was out. No weird noise, no extra loud bang, no flying parts, nothing. The shooter realized that something was off when he tried to reacquire the target through the optic and felt that the optic was pointing in a totally different direction. It was; the top of the receiver in almost the same spot was cracked but the crack did not go all the way around and left part of the bottom half still together.

This was using our standard military rounds that we had fired thousands of. The other coincidence was that it was VERY cold and this was the 2nd or 3rd round to go out of a rifle that had been sitting outside in a bag for at least 30-45 minutes.

From the pictures and some reasonable deduction, I am going with a combination of:

Small internal flaw that got larger over time PLUS
the cold temperature that the rifle was kept and shot in contributed to the failure