• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Green Laser Sight for my long range rifle???

Re: Green Laser Sight for my long range rifle???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .308 I have is a sub-MOA rifle that is supposed to be accurate up to 1000 yards. I've heard 1200 yards is the limit--depending on the ammo you use. I plan on taking it to it's full potential. </div></div>

Since your in Texas, I would contact Captain Kick-Ass and BOLTRIPPER they are both very knowledgeable contributors here and live in Texas.

Look up reports on the DPMS's performance and what shooters who use it have gotten--the claims I made about it above are not my own because I don't have the field experience with it, but I did some researching and said exactly what owners of the DPMS LR-308 have posted in their range reports.

Ratbert-- So you judge if someone is a practical hunter or "tacticool"based on what guns they use? A .22 is a .22 and just because someone uses one semi-auto plinker over another for varmint does not mean they're into tacticool. It just happens that the gsg is compact for the truck, unlike a 10-22, it has a high cap, and is accurate for the application. It's all in the intentions and applications of the user. If I wanted to be "tacticool", then I would SBR my gsg, put a silencer, folding stock, and flashlight on it along with a foreward pistol grip instead of its current utilitarian configuration.

Yeah, I camoed my rifle--so? Are you assuming that ALL camo is for snipers? Hunters don't want to be seen by animals and having anything foreign to them or "shiny" can make you run the risk of losing a nice trophy.

I never said the scope was too expensive--just a few paychecks away and I would like to hunt with it before hand--I thought of the laser as being used for practical purposes, not just because it "looks cool".

Signature changed--no, a lot of people do not know that the beretta model 92 FS is a 9MM, so I did put that. The sf was a typo on my part--my apologies for annoying you so greatly with a typo--please take a chill pill and have a nice day =)

Thanks everyone else for the info--I think I'm going to invest in either some Midwest or GG&G iron sights for my rifle.

All doubt thoroughly removed...

Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. [/quote]
This may explain....

laser on a rifle seems nearly useless. Maybe on a hand gun.

and can you really see a laser at say even 250+ yds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look up reports on the DPMS's performance and what shooters who use it have gotten--the claims I made about it above are not my own because I don't have the field experience with it, but I did some researching and said exactly what owners of the DPMS LR-308 have posted in their range reports.
</div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ratbert-- So you judge if someone is a practical hunter or "tacticool"based on what guns they use? A .22 is a .22 and just because someone uses one semi-auto plinker over another for varmint does not mean they're into tacticool. It just happens that the gsg is compact for the truck, unlike a 10-22, it has a high cap, and is accurate for the application. It's all in the intentions and applications of the user. If I wanted to be "tacticool", then I would SBR my gsg, put a silencer, folding stock, and flashlight on it along with a foreward pistol grip instead of its current utilitarian configuration.
</div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, I camoed my rifle--so? Are you assuming that ALL camo is for snipers? Hunters don't want to be seen by animals and having anything foreign to them or "shiny" can make you run the risk of losing a nice trophy.
</div></div>

LOL

I never said the scope was too expensive--just a few paychecks away and I would like to hunt with it before hand--I thought of the laser as being used for practical purposes, not just because it "looks cool".

</div></div>

LOL

Signature changed--no, a lot of people do not know that the beretta model 92 FS is a 9MM, so I did put that. The sf was a typo on my part--my apologies for annoying you so greatly with a typo--please take a chill pill and have a nice day =)
</div></div>

LOL

Thanks everyone else for the info--I think I'm going to invest in either some Midwest or GG&G iron sights for my rifle. </div></div>

Good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I fail to see the hilarity in my post... </div></div>

LOL...

Master of invisibility? C'mon.

You be trollin.

i want a laser too, can i get it in purple like that black guy in star wars?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For one, I dropped the laser deal and decided on iron sights, and for two, I fail to see the hilarity in my post... </div></div>
SP don't take it personally; but a few years down the road you'll see the humor in it! It's understood that not everyone knows everything; but the thought of a laser having the same path as a round, and seeing a 4ft green dot at 1K yards is amusing! Hopefully you are new and will pickup swiftly!

Never used a laser before, so no I didn't know about the drawbacks---I knew about laser vs bullet trajectory, but thought somehow that there was a fix for this...I see that error now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Real men hunt hogs with a knife... or a rifle for that matter... But most certainly not a rifle with a green laser. </div></div>

Correction... real men hunt hogs with one of these...

h2_14.25.321.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">silverphoenix, Please post a picture of your ninja outfit. </div></div>

He already did...

His camo is just that damned good!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">silverphoenix, Please post a picture of your ninja outfit. </div></div>

He already did...

His camo is just that damned good!!</div></div>

That's my favorite from this thread so far.

I am curious, do you wear the full on turkey rig while out hunting deer, or is it just the rifle? Does Texas not have blaze-orange requirements for deer season?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only if you hunt on public land---I hunt only on private--don't need any orange. Full camo is the way to go. </div></div>

Yes... because the boars can't see the bright green lasers and hear the fat guy in camo trudging through the trees...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and NO I'm not mall security--you might as well have asked me if I was a trash man</div></div>

Dude, the mall security comment was a reference to Gecko45, the original <span style="font-weight: bold">Mall Ninja</span> (the fact that you missed it speaks volumes). Timberwolf was comparing you to him due to the stupidity level of your statements.

I'm not fat... 6' 3" and 186 lbs...

And what mall ninja? You mean like this guy? hahahaha

InternetCommando.jpg

Yeah I missed the Gecko45 deal--I don't read all the posts on here--link?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not fat... 6' 3" and 186 lbs...

And what mall ninja? Yeah I missed the Gecko45 deal--I don't read all the posts on here--link? </div></div>

I'd just quit it and move forward without prolonging this thread. We all like to razz eachother a good deal here, and anyone that comes in promoting themselves as the master of anything tends to get a hard time for it.

Just kick back and read do less posting and learn as much as you can and you'll be a-ok.

You're now aware that using a laser in opposition to actual sights is a retarded idea. You may come to find that some other previously held notions were as well, and that's great that's what this place is for.

Keeping this monster of a thread alive however isn't going to further the process.

Sorry this shit is funny...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vikingwitharifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silverphoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So iron sights would probably be a better investment than a laser?

</div></div>

An AR15 without iron sights is like a dick with no balls. </div></div>

I think you need to drop some coin on some quality flip up iron sights! Get the troy flip ups, I have a few sets and they are great. Then if you really want a lazer get a Lazer max unit in green. But realize that you are not going to be able to see it at long distances. Thats why you will need iron sights as well. Thats the way you should setup your rifle. And last put on a good piece of glass like a NF or Leupold. Then you will have a truely all round setup! An AR needs backup irons over a lazer! The last thing I would put on the rifle is the lazer. The lazer is for close courter only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug Kelley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The lazer is for close courter only.</div></div>

Close courter, huh? Is that like when your daughter's BF doesn't know how to keep his hands on his side of the porch swing?
laugh.gif

LOL! that's one of the better ones i've seen today, rat.

This thread has been one of the best as I had heard of the Mall Ninja but never really understood the full meaning. I went to http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/ and laughed better than I have for a long time while reading. The content at that link is priceless.

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug Kelley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The lazer is for close courter only.</div></div>

Close courter, huh? Is that like when your daughter's BF doesn't know how to keep his hands on his side of the porch swing?
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Hahaha sometimes this web site and these subsequent retarded threads really are the gift that just keeps on giving.

laugh.gif

Damn the mall ninja link has to rival the motivational pictures thread for epic threads.

crazy.gif
Geezus, where the hell is my popcorn?? This thread is no good without popcorn. Silver...please refrain from speaking until you know a little more. However, the comedy has been great....so, carry on!!!!!
laugh.gif

Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn the mall ninja link has to rival the motivational pictures thread for epic threads.</div></div>

Gecko45 is the original epic thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read more...shoot more...post less.

Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. </div></div>

Was thinkin along those same lines.....hell Ive been shooting precision rifles for about two years, and aint ready for the 1000 yard line just yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read more...shoot more...post less.

Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. </div></div>

Was thinkin along those same lines.....hell Ive been shooting precision rifles for about two years, and aint ready for the 1000 yard line just yet.</div></div>

While normally I'd just guffaw at anyone who'd resurrect a stupid pointless thread nearly a month dead just to add a "+1", I have to admit that the sweet sweet irony that simmers like a fine marinade in what you quoted and responded in doing so almost makes it worth it, just for the comedic value.

Now I have to go back and read your other posts to determine if you are a master of ironic commentary, or 'Tommy Boy'.