• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Official Sniper's Hide account of Griffin Armament
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman

Griffin Armament was a technology innovator in tubeless silencer design, developing the first commercially available tubeless suppressors in the US in 2010. Early Gate-Lok™ cans like the M4SD2 and M4SD as well as the first-generation Recce cans were tubeless designs. Tubeless designs are relatively featureless compared to user serviceable and modular suppressors; however, they can be made very lightweight due to not having a double walled material thickness like traditional tubed silencers and baffles. Deleting the outer tube helps reduce weight of the system but also imposes other engineering hurdles that can be difficult to overcome. Ten years after Griffin’s initial innovation into tubeless suppressors the company introduced a new tubeless series, the EXPLORR® suppressors. These suppressors sought to push the limits of what was capable. Using new tubeless designs, the 30 caliber EXPLORR was only 12 ounces in a full 17-4 stainless steel design and utilized tig autogenous welding. The goal was to create dedicated rifle suppressors that nearly matched the lightweight specifications common to full titanium suppressors.

Shortly after this however, laser welding became market viable and was incorporated into the build process, prompting the next generation EXPLORR® suppressors allowing even further reduced weights to the tubeless class. Additionally, ECO-FLOW™ baffle technology was integrated to the EXPLORR® series further reducing gas blow back and allowing for the most optimal sound suppression balance at the ear and the muzzle. The Taper Mount -RI™ (Rapid index) system has also been added to the new EXPLORR® generation allowing a faster install along with Griffin’s trademark low profile flash suppressor end cap to ensure total system performance. Lastly, the line has expanded to a total of 4 suppressors. Two dedicated Taper Mount -RI™ versions and two 1.375x24 utility mount versions or HUB (hybrid universal base) as this thread pitch is becoming known, comprise the series. The 1.375x24 HUB mount versions are extremely versatile allowing for Griffin Taper Mount interface, (they ship with Griffin’s PLAN-A adapter), A2 mount, 3 lug mount and more.

Austin, Owner and lead design engineer at Griffin Armament stated,

“I believe tubeless suppressors are closing on the limits of lightweight performance and durability. Ten years ago if someone told me we were going to make a 10 ounce, welded 300 win mag rated suppressor I wouldn’t have believed them. We always strive to be better. We want to make a better product, that’s lighter, more quiet, durable, and with better features. We did that here. The new EXPLORR™ series was designed to provide users with the lightest, most accurate, and durable suppressors on the market, hands down. You’ll find a host of special features on our cans and the EXPLORR® is no different. The weight specs and performance of this series is unbelievable. This can family is designed for guys who love shooting rifles with cans. We’re excited to launch the EXPLORR® and I believe it will help keep Griffin at the forefront of suppressor offerings. As always, I’d like to say thank you to all our great customers, without you we wouldn’t be able to have the careers that we love.”

EXPLORR® Features

• Full 17-4 stainless steel billet construction
  • Flawless wire EDM cut bores true to the mounting interface
  • Fully H900 heat treated for increased service life
  • Full circumferentially laser welded
  • Patented and Tuned ECO-FLOW™ baffles
  • Accommodates the entire Taper Mount line of muzzle devices
  • Rear mount body is the serialized component, securing your investment
  • Front three-quarter inch Hex Cap, and rear wrench flats
  • Front cap features low profile flash hider
  • Finished in high temperature Cerakote® finish

EXPLORR® Model Information

Part # GAET3

https://www.griffinarmament.com/explorr-taper-mount-300

Model: EXPLORR® (Taper Mount .300 Caliber)

Size: 6.4”x1.5” Weight: 10 ounces, Interface: Griffin Taper Mount – RI™

Materials: Fully H900 heat treated 17-4 Stainless Steel

Finish: Cerakote® C Series

MSRP: $895.00

SPL (Sound Pressure Level in Decibels) :

• 138DB (20” 308)
  • 135DB (16” AR15, 5.56mm)
  • 132DB (300BLK Supersonic 9”Barrel 120gr)
  • 127DB (300BLK Subsonic 9” barrel 220gr)

What’s in the box:

• EXPLORR® .300 CAL Taper Mount Suppressor
  • Taper Mount EZ-Brake (5/8x24 .30CAL)
  • Protective Pouch
  • Manual & Lifetime Warranty literature

Part# GAET2

https://www.griffinarmament.com/explorr-taper-mount-224/

Model: EXPLORR® (Taper Mount .224 CAL)

Size: 6”x1.5” Weight: 9 ounces, Interface: Griffin Taper Mount – RI™

MSRP: $795.00

What’s in the box:

• EXPLORR® Taper Mount, .224 CAL Suppressor
  • Taper Mount EZ-Brake (1/2x28, .22 CAL)
  • Protective Pouch

Part# GAEU3

https://www.griffinarmament.com/explorr-utility-mount-300/

Model: EXPLORR® ( Utility Mount , 1.375x24 , .300 CAL)

Size: 6.5”x1.5” Weight: 11.8 ounces (including 1.375x24 PLAN-A) Interface: Griffin Taper Mount – RI™

MSRP: $969.00

• 138DB (20” 308)
  • 132DB (300BLK Supersonic 9”Barrel 120gr)
  • 127DB (300BLK Subsonic 9” barrel 220gr)

What’s in the box:

• EXPLORR® Utility Mount, 1.375x24, .300 CAL Suppressor
  • Taper Mount EZ-Brake (5/8x24 .30 CAL)
  • 1.375x24 PLAN-A Taper Mount – RI™ adapter
  • Protective Pouch

Part# GAEU2

https://www.griffinarmament.com/explorr-utility-mount-224/

Model: EXPLORR® ( Utility Mount, 1.375x24, .224 CAL [.223 rem / 5.56mm])

Size: 5.8”x1.5” Weight: 10.8 ounces (including 1.375x24 PLAN-A) Interface: Griffin Taper Mount – RI™

MSRP: $869.00

• 135DB (14.5” AR15, 5.56mm)

What’s in the box:

• EXPLORR® Utility Mount, 1.375x24, .224 CAL Suppressor
  • Taper Mount EZ-Brake (1/2x28 .22 CAL)
  • 1.375x24 PLAN-A Taper Mount – RI™ adapter
  • Protective Pouch

Last edited:
What is the difference between the regular Explorr and the 2.0? I have a Explorr 30 and honestly it's been great so far. Just wondering what the difference between versions is.

ALSO!!! for a limited time these are under promo![/size=4] https://www.griffinarmament.com/promotions/winter-promo-2021/

Get $150 dollars in store credit when you buy a new EXPLORR now through JANUARY 31st![/size=4][/size=6]

winterpromo2021-2-.jpg

What is the difference between the regular Explorr and the 2.0? I have a Explorr 30 and honestly it's been great so far. Just wondering what the difference between versions is.

New series is a bit lighterweight due to laser welding. Laser welding can get deeper more consistent (stronger) welds and so we can run thinner material geometries and better spec weights. Also it has been restyled and includes both the new Taper Mount - RI™ (rapid index) mount to the taper mount versions and has the new ECO-FLOW™ baffles which are super quiet and offer reduced blow back. Additionally the Utility Mount, or HUB versions didn't exist before in the EXPLORR line so that is an addition. The original line is also good though! You have a great can that will be supported well into the future! Thanks for the support!

New series is a bit lighterweight due to laser welding. Laser welding can get deeper more consistent (stronger) welds and so we can run thinner material geometries and better spec weights. Also it has been restyled and includes both the new Taper Mount - RI™ (rapid index) mount to the taper mount versions and has the new ECO-FLOW™ baffles which are super quiet and offer reduced blow back. Additionally the Utility Mount, or HUB versions didn't exist before in the EXPLORR line so that is an addition. The original line is also good though! You have a great can that will be supported well into the future! Thanks for the support!
I have about $5000 ++ worth of Griffin cans already including a 9mm can that now has the eco baffles. I am always tempted to buy more but odds are I will never wear out the ones I have.

The Explorr I have is really light. Seeing it on a belt fed in your video was definitely interesting. It's definitely growing on me for sure. I was on the fence about it before I bought it but now I am really glad I went with my gut. I was really impressed with the eco baffles in the 9mm. There was an immediate noticeable difference with those baffles (in 9mm). I am not sure how that will relate on rifle calibers though.

One thing I would like to see is the 5.56 cans having a bore for 6mm. That or a dedicated 6mm Explorr can would be awesome.

Also if you can demonstrate the reduced blow back (via video) I think that would perk up a lot of people.

I have about $5000 ++ worth of Griffin cans already including a 9mm can that now has the eco baffles. I am always tempted to buy more but odds are I will never wear out the ones I have.

The Explorr I have is really light. Seeing it on a belt fed in your video was definitely interesting. It's definitely growing on me for sure. I was on the fence about it before I bought it but now I am really glad I went with my gut. I was really impressed with the eco baffles in the 9mm. There was an immediate noticeable difference with those baffles (in 9mm). I am not sure how that will relate on rifle calibers though.

One thing I would like to see is the 5.56 cans having a bore for 6mm. That or a dedicated 6mm Explorr can would be awesome.

Also if you can demonstrate the reduced blow back (via video) I think that would perk up a lot of people.

We ran 6.5’s in the original explorr and they were really stagnant. There is very little performance difference running a 6.5 in a 30 cal can, the bores are close and something about the long projectile really washes the matching bore advantage to near nothing.

One of the 5.56mm cans in the video was a preproduction prototype without edm on the bore. That and the winter weather make the blowback look worse than it is. We did sound testing indoor with a production model, those videos will be public later today. We have something like 28 production cans at reviewers, a bunch shipped to shot show for display, some on dealer sales trips, etc to explain being short a production demo can for the video on the given day we had for video work.

The 240 can was a finished unit and the way the gun runs is a good demonstration of low backpressure.

I ran the a2 mount on the 10.5 psa upper in the video through a mag on full auto without ear pro. It didn’t ring my ears. I would recommend 16” mid gas for anything like that, because we have obvious data of dropping ear noise levels on the 16” mid gas guns, but I was pretty happy with the way it sounded shooters ear.

Last edited: