• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ground Squirrel #6 down

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
My parents have an infestation of ground squirrels on their property, and I've taken the heavy burden upon myself to remove them;)

Yesterday I got #6, which was cool because it was a 100yrd shot shooting off the door of my car, one shot and down it went.... For a ruger 10/22, can't complain about that. I've shot soda bottles at 200yrds, but this was the longest squirrel shot I've taken.

Last edited:
Are you E. or W. side Oregon ? . shooting Westside Grey Diggers or Eastside Sage Rats ?
Lots of grey diggers around here where I live . I have not been east to shoot any sage rats for a couple years but it's about that time of year for them to start popping-up out east on the alfalfa farms .

Great shot! My wife and I went down to SE Oregon last week for a few days. Her best shot (with MY 22!) was 206yds. She did give it two "warning shots" first before the third one put it away. I scared a few out that far, but never connected. Most shots we took with the 22's were under 100yds. She went 12 straight off-hand from 33yds on out to 78yds. (Yeah, I'll admit it, she outshot me that day...I still say she was just lucky).

Had three FULL days of shooting and it was great. Crops will be too tall most places we went by the end of next week and will have to wait for the first cutting.

I so miss shooting at those little critters! Dont have them here. But, it was great sport when I lived in northern Nevada . Make sure to post pics of your carnage.