• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Had a good time with my OBR last weekend

p951951951t

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
Georgia
Once I got it dialed in (for some reason my data had it shooting about .2mil low at first), I was able to get two shots on this silver dollar at 200 meters, and I probably would have gotten a third had it not been knocked off the post. Of course I can't take any credit, anyone could shoot well with this thing..

silverdollar.jpg

I'm still having trouble with a few factory 175gr loads feeding 100% reliably, but the 168gr FGMM shoots wonderfully.

I thought I would share this since it's a pretty cool picture. Happy shooting!

Re: Had a good time with my OBR last weekend

Dang, nice shooting man. Gotta love a LaRue. I know that they will not guarantee the accuracy out of the Predatar's but I've shot sub 1/2 moa with XM193 out of mine once or twice. I'd love to pick up an OBR.

Wow, sub 1/2 moa with mil spec ammo.....you sir own the world's most accurate AR ever built. Figures Mark Larue would be the one to build it.

Imagine what it could do with match or hand loaded ammo...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, sub 1/2 moa with mil spec ammo.....you sir own the world's most accurate AR ever built. Figures Mark Larue would be the one to build it.

Imagine what it could do with match or hand loaded ammo... </div></div>

If you are talking about me, I'm working on my handloads, lol. For some reason it just shoots the hell out of some XM193. And honestly It was probably a lot of luck. That was with my TAC30 scope which has a MOA dot for the 100 yard reticle. But I have a method of lining up the reticle with the target that is pretty consistent. But either way, it's a shooting bitch, lol. I'll post a pic of the target, it's honestly the only one that I've ever saved. I was just as amazed as you are.

Here is that picture. But I'm done threadjacking. My only point is to say that LaRue builds a hell of a rifle. Even the ones that they won't stand behind being a sub MOA gun will still shoot there.

IMAG0023.jpg

Couldnt have shot a Penny or something?

I mean.....it <span style="font-style: italic">IS</span> an OBR
wink.gif

Larue makes a fine rifle.

nice shooting.

I'm planning on competing in a local long range tactical rifle competition and I believe the rifle will serve admirably s long as I can do my part.

what particular 175s were you having difficulty with? I have a predatar 762 waiting for me to pick up. was going to buy black hills 175s and call it good. maybe ill have to reconsider?

Trouble with pretty much all 175gr projectiles, especially black hills and SSA.

If your OBR ain't shooting ANY 175gr bullets. You need to call Larue and have them check it...because there is obviously something wrong with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Legionaire23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mother f---. so m118lr is a no-go. i guess you recommend 168 fgmm? </div></div>

I wouldn't worry. I don't know of too many other people who have had the same issues that I have.

With most 175gr M118LR "Clones" such as the SSA stuff, maybe 1 in 5-10 rounds fails to feed the next round, and it won't lock back after last round. The accuracy is great though.

I'm sure Larue will take care of any and all problems with the rifle if need be, I've just been trying to figure it out myself for a while now.