• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone any Stories about firing a Barrett ?

Past week or so I have been watching the Boys out in the Gulf on YT, Those Guys made me laugh til the tears came, Funny as f**K, In one video the Guys were mixing it up and one of the Guys comes out with " Oh Great Right Next To the F**king Barrett" and some of the other Guys started laughing, It makes me smile every time I think of it, Just his Chilled out disapproval appealed to my sense of humour,

What Say You ? and what are they like to shoot, I see the Barrel appears to slide back so how bad is the recoil when compared to a 308 or 30-06 etc,

Thanks in advance.

John.

where is the link to these so called videos?

Holy thread necromancy! But since I didn't see it in 2018, I thought I'd share some old photos I have from my time using that monster. Mid 1990's at Lejeune (Piney Island) and 29-Palms (CAX 1995). I always thought the recoil was very tame for what it was. That brake and spring loaded barrel helped tame it a bunch to where you could shoot it all day. I haven't pulled the trigger on one of these since 1996! :(

Me shooting it at 29 Palms in 1995 CAX. You can see the ejected brass mid flight if you look close.
STA 001.jpg

Another shot from CAX...no they didn't give us desert cammies.
IMG_20200216_154612717~2.jpg

My good friend Ben (who I still shoot PRS with today) at the same CAX in '95.
Screenshot_20171108-194439~2.png

Our STA Plt flying into Mogadishu in a CH53, February 1994. They did give us desert cammies for this trip.
FB_IMG_1581878248564~2.jpg

I started loading with H50 BMG and that load with pulled military bullets is anywhere between 210 grains (for solids) and up to about 225 grains for APIT or tracer. I'd have to look in my loading books to confirm. But you get about 31 - 35 rounds per pound of powder.

About 3 years ago, I switched to recycled military powder. Costs about 1/2 or 1/3rd as much depending on quantity and supplier. It's got an oddball designation and I've have to look at the jugs to remember it. Uses about the same amount, grain-wise. But for a belt-fed, it's much more economical.

View attachment 6884289

Cheers,

Sirhr
WC860 probably

I wood love to bust off several rds through a semi Barrett. But in SW Ark their rare

Want new friends at the range, bring the 50, one mag dump, plan for a head ache an hour latter

Attachments

• 20200423_164215_resized.jpg
    20200423_164215_resized.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: deersniper
2D1F936B-47E0-4E34-A39A-46F251B92231.jpeg

Check out the muzzle brake tossing the half full soda bottle 2-3’ in the air.

Damn things are like setting off a concussion grenade

Jacob brought out a 107 at RO with a box of API.
It was very hard on the concrete pipe/wire.
Still have a piece of the brass on my reloading bench.

R

Nothing more bonerific then mashing the butterflies on a Ma-Deuce and letting it rip

Or were we only talking about the Barrera?

I’ve always been impressed with the accuracy and the recoil of the 82. I’ve got 2 82 stories that come to mind:
Wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t done it, but I repeated hit a 10 inch target at just under a 1000yds with an 82 using some aluminum tipped ammo from an ammo company that was developing new a new round.
We were stupid enough to shoot an 82 in an indoor range. 😂 blew the a door to the range open. We only shot 1 round.. 😂😂
mrtoyz ... I have a story not specifically about the M82 but definitely related. A bunch of my guys from the Special Forces Weapons Detachment at Ft. Bragg, NC were going over to the Barrett facility in Tenn for an M82/M107 armorer's course. On the way there we drove right by a tornado. Furthermore, as we arrived at our hotel, everyone was outside staring at the sky. Apparently, a tornado had just touched down locally. Lots of flooding around the hotel as we checked in. We even saw a car tackle an obviously deeply flooded intersection in front of the hotel and basically float across the intersection, not realizing how much water had settled there. The next day, we fully expected the course to be canceled, but it wasn't. As we arrived at the Barrett facility, all the cars in the parking lot looked like they were vandalized by someone with a ball-peen hammer. Apparently, prior to our arrival at the hotel the previous day, a massive hail storm accompanied the tornado ... the hail pummeled all the local cars. Anyway, the course went well, we actually got to assemble Barrett M82's and M107's and fire them at the Barrett indoor range. Good times!

Reactions: deersniper
Puttn' Barrets together! Circa, 2004!

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0006 a..JPG
    IMG_0006 a..JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 25
Years ago I was shooting at a range and they had large steel plates hanging from two chains each, I'm guessing in the 300 yard range. New shooter shows up, breaks out his .50 cal, and proceeds to effortlessly shoot the chains, and starts dropping the steel. Range officer finally came over and politely asked him to stop. He packed his gear and left, but with a huge grin on his face, that "this b*tch is perfectly dialed in" grin. Was an awesome day on the range, except for the guy that had to rehang those big steel plates.