• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

ok, So I need to order the peltor adapters. Thanks

I bought a set at Team Wendy for my TW/Hillary helmet.

I will not be using them because Im going Ops Core.

I dont know what they go for elsewhere but at TW they are pricey as fuck.

I requested an RMA from TW but if you think you want them Ill ship to you at my cost.

I dont even know if TW are Peltor products though or standardized to work on other helmets.

Last edited:
I’ve got a box incoming with the agilite cover and the unity tactical kit for the comtacs. When that shows up I’ll give a report how well it fits with the MC dipped factory rails.

@WALLYBOB , since I recall you saying you were waiting on a backordered MC first spear cover you should probably cancel if you can, just tried out my now downsized coyote version and it definitely doesn't fit, 100% wrong contour.

I’ve got a box incoming with the agilite cover and the unity tactical kit for the comtacs. When that shows up I’ll give a report how well it fits with the MC dipped factory rails.
Definitely do, my unity kit is going to need some sanding to fit in the rails, they're just a bit too tight for it to slide in. I'm most curious to see how the cover works out, post a pic if you can.

Has anyone had any luck with other covers on these PGD helmets? If so what brand?

Well, let me start off with: the horta didn’t lie. This mofo is as comfortable as a pillow. Holy shit! I was not aware something could be so comfortable.
Boa system works as it should. my salty ass ebay mount fits snugly into the shroud like it was made for it. Zero wiggle.

have not worked up the rails yet, ill worry about those later as I don’t have anything to put on them as of yet.

just want to say, i could sleep with this thing on.
Which helmet is this? I'm looking to get in the game and know nothing about them. I will be putting a MH-25 or Nox18 on it. I do really need anything that is ballistic rated, just something to mount my equipment to.

Reactions: Jgunner
@WALLYBOB , since I recall you saying you were waiting on a backordered MC first spear cover you should probably cancel if you can, just tried out my now downsized coyote version and it definitely doesn't fit, 100% wrong contour.

Definitely do, my unity kit is going to need some sanding to fit in the rails, they're just a bit too tight for it to slide in. I'm most curious to see how the cover works out, post a pic if you can.

Has anyone had any luck with other covers on these PGD helmets? If so what brand?
Roger that. Request forwarded to FirstSpear. Now .... the search continues for the elusive PGD helmet cover.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Which helmet is this? I'm looking to get in the game and know nothing about them. I will be putting a MH-25 or Nox18 on it. I do really need anything that is ballistic rated, just something to mount my equipment to.

The helmet that started this thread, the Protection Group Denmark ballistic helmet. See the original post.

Precision group denmark, what the whole thread is really about, least in the beginning.

“Scheduled” for tomorrow (Saturday) however the last tracking scan was-

April 6, 2021, 8:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

and USPS hasn’t had the most stellar service of late. If it magically arrives tomorrow, I’m off so I can have a report done shortly after I open the box.

A hot tip for the post office-

April 10, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

I avoid using them whenever I can lately but my area has a roving band of porch pirates and I didn’t want FedEx to UPS to leave the box in the open. The pirates haven’t done much to mailboxes so I figured that would have been safe in the mailbox if I was working the day it came. Better late than stolen I guess.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I avoid using them whenever I can lately but my area has a roving band of porch pirates and I didn’t want FedEx to UPS to leave the box in the open. The pirates haven’t done much to mailboxes so I figured that would have been safe in the mailbox if I was working the day it came. Better late than stolen I guess.
Some day, some where, some one, will make a Porch Pirate, "walk the plank" so to speak. :LOL:

So, the post office delivered a beat to shit box from TNVC but the contents were not damaged fortunately.

I first started out with getting the Agilite Gen 4 Opscore Martime/FAST cover on the PGD helmet. Helmet is a size large and so is the cover. Decent fit but not perfect. A smidge loose but I figure maybe getting it wet and putting it out to dry will tighten it up some. I was not a big fan of the pouch the cover came with and since I already had a Mohawk, I did some creative cutting and ditched the pouch. I then installed the Mohawk onto the cover.

Next I put on the Unity Tactical Mk 2 rail adapters in FDE for use with my comtac 3’s. The holes for the Mk 2’s did not line up with the holes in the PGD rail adapters so I used the supplied mounting system with the Mk 2’s. It was a tight fit. I did a light sanding on the adapter mounts and used a piece of wood and a mallet to coax the mounts into the middle rail channel on the helmet. I did not alter the helmet side rails by sanding as others did.

Taking the comtacs off of the headband was easy. Getting the ear cups back onto the black sliding adjusters was a pain. I routed the cables under the Agilite cover and over all I am pretty pleased.

I have a couple more small additions to get for this set up but as it sits now, I’d say I’m 80% done.

Here’s one quick and dirty picture but when it’s completely done, I’ll add a few more glamour shots.

96BF2E22-657F-4019-B3D2-D39E267FDA06.jpeg

Keel Haul... do you think ordering one size smaller would be a closer/tighter fit?

Keel Haul... do you think ordering one size smaller would be a closer/tighter fit?

I’ll preface this with the fact I haven’t ever seen a size medium cover in relation to the large size cover or the large size helmet, however I don’t think going a size smaller will help.

My “problem areas” are mostly where the side edge of the cover meets the rails and the mesh along the top. Slight overlap on the sides and a bit of extra material on the mesh part. It won’t bother me much at all since I mostly got the cover to protect the factory multicam from scratches and the extra velcro is always a plus for morale patches. The one area I wish I could make is a change in velcro strips you use to attach it to the inside of the helmet. I would have liked another say, 3/4 or an inch for that mounting strip to reach further inside and get a better grip on the factory velcro. Photos to follow.

Attachments

• 2FCA212A-C62A-4F7D-B9F2-B78AABEFB647.jpeg
    2FCA212A-C62A-4F7D-B9F2-B78AABEFB647.jpeg
    944.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 897FD123-3787-4AE2-BB69-587993D3E78C.jpeg
    897FD123-3787-4AE2-BB69-587993D3E78C.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 43A8EEA4-B12E-49A2-99F5-99D468FEDD79.jpeg
    43A8EEA4-B12E-49A2-99F5-99D468FEDD79.jpeg
    798.8 KB · Views: 115
  • A453A479-D292-4AAF-A937-A8463AC316D9.jpeg
    A453A479-D292-4AAF-A937-A8463AC316D9.jpeg
    759.6 KB · Views: 104
  • B1A63845-3201-4C97-99D4-C8267062D6D9.jpeg
    B1A63845-3201-4C97-99D4-C8267062D6D9.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Jim Out
@WALLYBOB , @Keel Haul , out of curiosity I checked out pgd's ig the other day and there's a guy who also went the agilite maritime route who looks to have gotten a pretty snug fit by removing his rails and letting the last little bit of extra fabric just chill in there between the rail and helmet. Here's the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLOXpbiFAw5/ , might be worth a shot.
I gotta admit, the does look sexier than the fabric over the side. Also would be easier and less of an experiment than washing and drying the cover hoping it would shrink a bit.

Look on page nine of this thread. I have a PDG with Agilite cover and posted pics.

Bulletproofzone is completely sold out of the PGD helmet across all sizes and colors. Anybody know if they will be getting more in the future?

Bulletproofzone is completely sold out of the PGD helmet across all sizes and colors. Anybody know if they will be getting more in the future?
I was in the same boat when I wanted to order and they were out of stock. Give them a call to verify but I would assume more are on the way. Excellent customer service. I emailed them once for a status update and they were back to to me that same day.

Reactions: stefan73
PGD has an eBay listing where you can buy directly from them, fyi

I ordered straight from their website:

ordered March 19
delivered April 13

xlarge multicam.

I haven’t had time to mess with it much, but I think it might be too big for me, even though I wear an XL team Wendy, an XL in every hat ever, and their sizing instructions indicated an XL (barely, to be fair).

Hecque, I just buy Airsoft Helmets off Amazon. Get em a few days later. Gut out everything but the shell and start back with metal NV Shroud, 4 D pads, H-Nape Chinstrap and then throw all the rest of my crap on them.

All the rest of crap makes them bullet proof. :LOL:

1619463293896.png

Reactions: WALLYBOB
So my agilite cover finally came in, xl in multicam for xl helmet, fits well, though the covers seem to go up more in size from l to xl than the helmets do. Has anyone tried a large agilite cover on an xl helmet?

A hot tip for the post office-

April 10, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Curious... When did you order yours? I place an order on 01/27 so I hope I'm getting close!

Curious... When did you order yours? I place an order on 01/27 so I hope I'm getting close!
Order for what in particular? That particular post of mine you quoted was for the delivery of an Agilite helmet cover, a set of peltor rail adapters and two act in black bikini covers from TNVC. If you mean the helmet, I think it was some time in January and it arrived awhile ago. Ordered from bulletproof zone and drop shipped direct from the factory in Denmark, so there was no middle man in the delivery routing.

Order for what in particular? That particular post of mine you quoted was for the delivery of an Agilite helmet cover, a set of peltor rail adapters and two act in black bikini covers from TNVC. If you mean the helmet, I think it was some time in January and it arrived awhile ago. Ordered from bulletproof zone and drop shipped direct from the factory in Denmark, so there was no middle man in the delivery routing.
My bad. I was asking about the helmet specifically. Thank you for the info. Shouldn't be much longer I hope.

My bad. I was asking about the helmet specifically. Thank you for the info. Shouldn't be much longer I hope.
All good, ask away, I just wasn’t sure which order you were asking about so I kinda did the whole run down. If you ordered around the time I did, in surprised you haven’t taken delivery yet. I’d definitely send off an email or make a phone call. Mine was shipped from the factory February 15th and I think it was right around seven days or so to get here from Denmark.

Hecque, I just buy Airsoft Helmets off Amazon. Get em a few days later. Gut out everything but the shell and start back with metal NV Shroud, 4 D pads, H-Nape Chinstrap and then throw all the rest of my crap on them.

All the rest of crap makes them bullet proof. :LOL:

View attachment 7612592
I’m new to the NV game but I wonder if more guys don’t go this route. Since the “bullet proof” rating of most of these helmets are for magnum pistol calibers that couldn’t stop M855 from penetrating our craniums and since most of us are shooting critters that don’t shoot back is it really necessary to buy a $700 helmet? That being said I don’t like Amazon and I don’t like cheep Chinese crap, so what are the options? I suppose if I read through all 11 pages of this thread I’ll get an idea of what the options are, so I apologize ahead of time.

Welp... like many of you, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect (ballistic) helmet setup for use with NODs. I have a small stable of virtually every make, model, and type of ballistic helmet ever made. I’ve progressed through the Jurassic period with PASGT and MICH2000, tried the Chinesium options that will certainly kill you with toxins leeching into your melon, all the way through the latest Ops Core, 3M, Gentex, Mtek, Revision, and Crye. I have yet to try anything from HHV. My recent acquisition of a sweet Mtek Flux ballistic has me feeling like they are at the apex of brain bucket development. The problem is, all of the truly world-class, quality protective and fully featured gear will set you back a bare minimum of $1500 just for the bucket alone. Add in a quality padding and retention system, comms/earpro, mount, etc and it’s not difficult to have a solid $5K invested by the time you have everything just perfect.

The conundrum is, can you get a great base unit at a real cost savings that doesn’t sacrifice ballistic protection, quality fit/finish/feel, features, etc?

In my experience, the answer has been a resounding — NO! You simply have to give up something. There is no free lunch.

Until now...

I proudly present to you, dear fellow NODiots, fresh from the quirky country of Demark, from the aptly named company Protection Group Denmark, their spectacular new ARCH IIIa super high-cut ballistic helmet!

Have a good look/read/watch here. It’s pretty impressive and should put any questions of quality or capability to bed:

This damn thing took four (4) damn months to get here, but supposedly that was because I ordered right when PGD was redesigning their helmet line — and it was a worthwhile delay, if my unit is any indication.

For the grand total of $373.50 (delivered) I received a helmet every bit the equal of my TW Ballistic and 90% as good any of my Crye, Ops Core, Revision and 85% as good as the Mtek Flux, and that’s high praise.

First, a few faux toes:

View attachment 7475900
View attachment 7475901
View attachment 7475907
View attachment 7475908
View attachment 7475909

First, it arrived straight from the factory in Denmark. Well packaged with an accessory kit that should be the standard for every helmet manufacturer... period. Not only did it come with a matching set of pre-installed Multicam ARC rails and shroud, but they include a full spare set of Desert Earth colored ones as well (pictured)! The BOA system is VERY well executed, and has the most comfortable retention system of any helmet I own. Then, the creme de la creme, is their included padding system. Basically, it’s a full Deluxe 4D Pad System. The PGD helmet is THE ABSOLUTE MOST COMFORTABLE helmet out-of-the-box of any manufacturer on the face of the planet. It is every bit as comfortable as my TW with 4D aftermarket pads, but its Boa retention system is even more comfortable. The helmet sits high and accommodates ear pro better than my TW or Ops Core and is about equal with the Mtek and Revision.

So, ballistic protection that seems equal to any of the $2K model, more comfortable out-of-the-box than any helmet ever made, fits like it was custom molded to my head, and all for $373.50!

What gives? Where does it let down or fall short of the Big Boy Pedigree models?

Well, first it’s a good 8-10 ounces heavier than the newest OC/MTek models. That’s a non-trivial weight difference, but it’s also not a deal-killer, especially considering how comfortable the system is. Seriously, it’s so comfy you almost forget you’re wearing it. I can run it for many hours without ever “feeling” it.

Second, the shroud is polymer, not metal. That said, both the Wilcox G24 and Norotos INVG lock-up absolutely solid with ZERO play, flex or give. MUCH better than the poor fitting shrouds Ops Core is shipping with their brand new $1800 SF unit.

View attachment 7475930
View attachment 7475931
View attachment 7475932
View attachment 7475934
View attachment 7475936

I have a fair bit more to say about it, but I’m posting this from my damn iPhone, and I suck at texting, so I’ll revisit this in a day or two with additional info. It’s sealed against weather and humidity/moisture intrusion, drop-proof, comfortable as can be, well designed and constructed, top-tier ballistic protection, legit licensed Multicam, and less than $400 delivered. Frankly, it’s a minor manufacturing miracle for that little coin.

And, in the event there are skeptics out there, no one asked me to say anything about this and I don’t get a plum nickel for raving about this helmet. This is the first I’ve said anything to anyone about this thing.

It’s plum awesome.
If you ordered one of these in the UK you would either be laughed out of town or labelled a right wing gun nut I would lose my FAC

If you ordered one of these in the UK you would either be laughed out of town or labelled a right wing gun nut I would lose my FAC
Thanks for the link to Horta's post, sadly he is no longer with us (left the Hide for personal reasons) but his insight is invaluable.

If you don't need a ballistic helmet, just get a bump helmet.
If you want to go ultra-lite, look at the Crye Nightcap.
I get what you mean. But there is a pretty wide selection of bump helmets out there. Most of us don’t need the deluxe Cadillac version, but don’t want the Chinese crap model either.

Any suggestions for basic, no frills, bump helmets? Likewise the pads and straps to go with them?

There’s a fine line between spending more than necessary and wasting money on crap.

I get what you mean. But there is a pretty wide selection of bump helmets out there. Most of us don’t need the deluxe Cadillac version, but don’t want the Chinese crap model either.

Any suggestions for basic, no frills, bump helmets? Likewise the pads and straps to go with them?

There’s a fine line between spending more than necessary and wasting money on crap.
What are "frills" and/or "crap" for your intended use?

What are "frills" and/or "crap" for your intended use?
That’s a big part of the problem. I don’t have a real intended use right now. I want to start walking around state land this year to get better at being able to walk with them. Maybe I’ll get the chance to do some coyote hunting at night? But none of that has a firm requirement for a helmet over the nightcap, I don’t think? Experience and finding local guys to compare setups would go a long way to refine what I need/want.

Crap is anything that is going to fall apart in the first few uses.

Frills would be sales gimmick features that aren’t needed. But without some experience, I wouldn’t know what is a sales gimmick and what is a valuable feature.

And maybe the price point is low enough that I just need to buy something and start figuring it out?

Ear protection as an example. For the rare chances that I’ll have to shoot at night, and knowing that will all be suppressed, I’ll just start with ear plugs. But I’d want to know that I could add rails to the helmet later to use electronic muffs.

Right now I’m squarely in the category of not knowing what I don’t know. I just know there’s a lot I don’t know yet.

I ordered straight from their website:

ordered March 19
delivered April 13

xlarge multicam.

I haven’t had time to mess with it much, but I think it might be too big for me, even though I wear an XL team Wendy, an XL in every hat ever, and their sizing instructions indicated an XL (barely, to be fair).

Ordered the same 2/21 and still nothing...

Ordered the same 2/21 and still nothing...
Jesus, you should definitely get ahold of Jonas cause it sounds like something's wrong; I ordered an xl in coyote from their ebay listing on Feb 9 and were it not for that big winter storm I would have had it in 2 weeks. Send him an email, he's been super responsive in my experience

Jesus, you should definitely get ahold of Jonas cause it sounds like something's wrong; I ordered an xl in coyote from their ebay listing on Feb 9 and were it not for that big winter storm I would have had it in 2 weeks. Send him an email, he's been super responsive in my experience
Emailed them 5/4 and was told there was a delay with the xl multicam and to expect it by the end of May. That explanation doesn’t line up with the same product received above at a later order date than mine. Mildly annoying but I’m not dying for the thing.

Not gonna go through eleven pages, but figure it worth mentioning that there IS a ballistic option now that just came out that will stop (no shit, not making this up) rated for M80 ball... It ain't cheap but it ain't much more than some of the other offerings either.

I'll be sticking with the Crye I have for now --but to be honest, I mostly use their soft cover with a '14. $100 and it just works. Only reason military didn't go with Crye is because they can't have a two piece construction or that vent, even if it works as advertised. It's in the contract or whatever you POG's call that paperwork.

IF I were to get another ballistic helmet, it'd probably be the one with that special ballistic rating. It's not true lvl4 though --won't stop the 30.06 AP shit, but who gives a shit really? It's more than Lvl3A and that's what all these are currently.

But if I didn't have what I have and needed a helmet, this Danish shit here is looking like the best low cost decent ballistic option I've seen. However, it IS priced along some others I've seen so I still have questions...

I'd wanna see one take some hits if it's not NIJ certified.

There's a video on Amazon where Ian McCollum and two others trash various helmets. The offbrand shit was sobering. May stop the bullet, but unless you're cool with a soup bowl size dent in your head, I'd reconsider.

For the price, if folks are interested in these, you oughta consider chipping in to buy one just to test and have a member you all trust trash it on video.

I remember seeing a vid on YT of someone shooting one but can’t seem to find it this morning. Not sure what search term I used when I was first checking these out last year. Best I found so far was from their page over at IG where they busted one with 9mm and 44Mag.

Not gonna go through eleven pages, but figure it worth mentioning that there IS a ballistic option now that just came out that will stop (no shit, not making this up) rated for M80 ball... It ain't cheap but it ain't much more than some of the other offerings either.

I'll be sticking with the Crye I have for now --but to be honest, I mostly use their soft cover with a '14. $100 and it just works. Only reason military didn't go with Crye is because they can't have a two piece construction or that vent, even if it works as advertised. It's in the contract or whatever you POG's call that paperwork.

IF I were to get another ballistic helmet, it'd probably be the one with that special ballistic rating. It's not true lvl4 though --won't stop the 30.06 AP shit, but who gives a shit really? It's more than Lvl3A and that's what all these are currently.

But if I didn't have what I have and needed a helmet, this Danish shit here is looking like the best low cost decent ballistic option I've seen. However, it IS priced along some others I've seen so I still have questions...

There's a video on Amazon where Ian McCollum and two others trash various helmets. The offbrand shit was sobering. May stop the bullet, but unless you're cool with a soup bowl size dent in your head, I'd reconsider.

For the price, if folks are interested in these, you oughta consider chipping in to buy one just to test and have a member you all trust trash it on video.

Back on pg 7 or 8 this ^^^^

once the thread swerved into Team Hildabeast helmets.... it kind of wandered......

Well I got my helmet today, from just around house it is comfortable.
Question, how many picatinny rails should it come with? I have 1 and 2 other pieces that I assume is the peltor adaptors. So this is new to me, do I need anything else to attach comtacs? Maybe the peltor adapters mentioned earlier?

If you're going to wear comtacs highly recommend getting opscore rails and ditching the ones it comes with.

When using the Peltor adapters I wasn't able to get a good seal at all, unsafe for rifle usage. I swapped out the PGD rails for opscore ones and using the opscore arc rail adapters the seal is 10x better.

Are these helmet shrouds compatible with Notoros mounts?

I have a TATM mount, nothing else but figured getting a helmet first is a good gateway. Would like to know if its simply plug and play with this helmet or additional cost add ons. Back in PVS4 days things were simpler.😁

Are these helmet shrouds compatible with Notoros mounts?

I have a TATM mount, nothing else but figured getting a helmet first is a good gateway. Would like to know if its simply plug and play with this helmet or additional cost add ons. Back in PVS4 days things were simpler.😁
Rhino or the shroud? I just plugged my Norotos into the front of my PDG helmet. Solid fit with no slop.

Attachments

• 20210311_175652.jpg
    20210311_175652.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 131