• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Help! 44 MOA SPUHR MOUNT FOR A SAKO TRG 22???

HOGTOOTH5R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
DFW, TEXAS
Hi Guys!

Just got my Dream Rifle in today. It's a SAKO TRG 22. It came with a 0 MOA Sope Base already, but I was thinking about getting a 20 MOA base. I saw in the Options for sell section that has a 44 MOA Spuhr Mount for the TRG. I'll be running a Bushnell HDMR 3-21x50 Scope with the G2 Reticle on this rifle.

I was wondering if it's a good idea for me to get this 44 MOA Spuhr Mount? Will I be able to Zero at 100 yrds with this mount? Or should I get get a 20 MOA mount instead?

Thanks a lot in advance for all inputs and suggestions!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...338#Post3536338

Re: Help! 44 MOA SPUHR MOUNT FOR A SAKO TRG 22???

Take your scope elevation and divide that in half. The scope mount tilt should not be greater than 50% of your scope elevation.

For example;

scope elevation is 80moa /2=40moa. Your base should not be more than 40 moa, ideally.

I have the same mount on my TRG, but I zero @ 200m.

The Scope I have is the Bushnell HDMR G2 Ret total of 33.5 Mils of elevation. So if 1 Mil = 3.348 MOA then 33.5 x 3.438 = 115.173 MOAs / 2 = 57.59 MOA which is > than 44.4 MOA Correct?

Does this mean the 44 MOA Mount should be ok to use for this Scope Setup and still be able to Zero at 100 Yards?

A 20 MOA mount will get you to 1000 easily enough the 44 MOA is overkill and unnecessary on a .308.
hope this helps.

Your calculations are correct. If you search a thread not too long ago, the owner of Spuhr products made a comment on the elevation formula and his product.

I can't say for certain whether you will be able to zero at 100y...

If you will be shooting inside 1000y, it may be overkill like the attherange brings up, if you decide to go with the 44moa cant base...