• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me pick a optic for 22lr

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
Hello hide.Recently started shooting 22lr mainly 100 yds with my son.currently have a Athlon Ares 4.5-30 optic,but these old eyes aint what they used to be.looking for something with more magnification.budget $1200-1700 for the optic,mil or moa is fine,2nd focal plane preferred but not a must,must have a luminated recticle or lit center dot.some of the ones I am researching
Delta Stryker 5-50
Trijicon ten mile 5-50
Nightforce nx8 4-32(little low on power)
Bushnell elite tactical 6-36
All feedback appreciated

Shit... Off that list, if you got the scratch, go for the Nighforce.

Or, if you don't mind spending $3K for a scope... This would be the absolute ticket! I wish my grandpa would buy me one. 🤣

Hello hide.Recently started shooting 22lr mainly 100 yds with my son.currently have a Athlon Ares 4.5-30 optic,but these old eyes aint what they used to be.looking for something with more magnification.budget $1200-1700 for the optic,mil or moa is fine,2nd focal plane preferred but not a must,must have a luminated recticle or lit center dot.some of the ones I am researching
Delta Stryker 5-50
Trijicon ten mile 5-50
Nightforce nx8 4-32(little low on power)
Bushnell elite tactical 6-36
All feedback appreciated
The NX8 is the weakest optic on that list.

From what you have listed, my top picks would be the Delta Stryker and the XRS III. If illumination is a non issue, I would get the Bushnell. Its going to give you the best glass, and the Elite Series optics are boringly reliable.

I have some Bushnell Tactical scopes, love them.

Make sure the retical is not too thick for what you are doing.

Reactions: Frgood
I find that my NX8 is perfect for the 22lr. I've shot plenty of matches with it and it has a good mag range. It does darken a smidge past 25x but I think it's a non issue. I have the Razor gen3 and wouldn't think stepping back to the NX8 would be much of a downgrade. But, you have to decide what mag you need.

This optic would work great for you as a lot of 22lr shooters are using it in competition.